Blind Item: A Sex-Rated Surprise Is Coming Up!

Get More: Blind Item, News, Scoop, Spoilers

Especially observant TVLine readers may have noticed that I quietly updated our May Sweeps Scorecard on Wednesday to expand the list of “Couples having sex for the first time” from two to three.

But what those same readers may not have noticed was the loud gasp I let out just moments before I updated the chart. Because unlike the other two entries, the two characters at the center of this top-secret, season-ending, cliffhangery hook-up have never shared a longing glance or a romantic moment.

Spoiler Alert: Who’s Dying on Glee?

In fact, if you were to ask me who the last two people I’d ever expect to have sex on TV were, I probably would’ve named these two. It’s that shocking.

Coupla hints: First off, we’re talking about a very popular series that has already been renewed. Second, the duo in question may or may not be be in a compromised mental state when said shenanigans transpire. Finally, setting up a doozy of a storyline for next season, the walk of shame that follows the one-night stand is witnessed by someone — in this duo’s eyes, the worst possible someone!

Finale Scoop on Fringe, House, Bones and More!

So which show is ending its season with an outta-nowhere sexscapade? Guess away in the comments!

Tags:

Comments (526)

• Arizona and Sloan. they wouldn’t make any sense since Arizona is not bi, but it’d definitely fall into all your categories: loud gasp-worthy, already renewed and if Callie is that third someone, that’d be the worst possible to see them!

Comment by Amy – April 21, 2011 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oh… AND have never shared a longing glance or romantic moment!

Comment by Amy – April 21, 2011 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • McGee and DiNozzo from NCIS.

Comment by Graymalkin56 – April 21, 2011 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oliva and Fauxlivia…

Comment by Butter – April 21, 2011 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Olivia and Bolivia…….

Comment by PMC – April 21, 2011 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Elliot and Olivia?

Comment by Mary – April 21, 2011 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • God, please, no. If E/O happens, I will projectile vomit on my TV.

Comment by Alex – April 27, 2011 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beiste and Emma. Witnessed by Will.

Comment by Scott – April 21, 2011 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Laurie & Trev on Cougar Town & Jules witnesses the “Walk of Shame”

Comment by Dawn – April 21, 2011 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Marshal and Robin on How I Met Your Mother?
    That looks like almost the most impossible thing to occur on TV right now.

Comment by Hamza – April 21, 2011 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Booth and Brennan ….bones has been renewed I believe? And they’re the last ones I’d ever expect.

Comment by jen – April 21, 2011 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • are you being sarcastic? They share almost weekly “moments” for the past 5 season. And it has not been renewed.

Comment by booth_girl – April 21, 2011 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too many renewed shows, too many characters to consider.

Comment by Bob – April 21, 2011 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Greys Anatomy – Meredith cheats on Derek with someone and is seen by Derek.

Comment by Muwahaha – April 21, 2011 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All kidding aside, seems like something Greys Anatomy would do. Because Shonda Rhimes is that uncreative.

Comment by Muwahaha – April 21, 2011 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dave and Santana on Glee, witnessed by Kurt!

Out of frustration, with alcohol, I could see these two hook up! Kurt and Dave would be good but it’s never gonna happen, plus they already had a kiss.

Comment by MissyB – April 21, 2011 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jenna and Kennith witness by Tracy! Mark it DOWN!!! lol haha nah that is just probably the most out of the blue one I could think of

Comment by That Dude – April 21, 2011 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Barney and Zoey on HIMYM?? Could be witnessed by Ted.

Comment by kt – April 21, 2011 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OMG! I bet you’re right. I had already written off HIMYM but that’s because I wasn’t thinking about Zoey. She and Barney have rarely even been on camera together, let alone have any “moments.” And we know that Ted and Zoey “end badly.” And this would set up a lot of issues between Ted and Barney and really the whole group for next season. Wow. I’m so glad you mentioned this because I never would have thought of it!

Comment by lauren – April 21, 2011 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • but is it really surprising that Barney would sleep with anyone?! he kinda proved when he slept with Robin that his own satisfaction tends to be more important than his friendship with Ted…

Comment by he – April 23, 2011 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • McGee and Ziva? Witnessed by Gibbs or Tony?

Comment by Randa – April 21, 2011 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wilson and Cuddy witnessed by House!!(lets ignore that whole renewal hint for the sake of dreams)

Comment by SMR – April 21, 2011 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about Alicia and Eli on TGW, seen by Peter.

Comment by Pat – April 21, 2011 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Penny and Sheldon witnessed by Leonard!

Comment by Kat – April 21, 2011 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking the big bang theory, too, but a different combo! I was thinking Penny and Raj witnessed by Sheldon! I just find it too improbable for Sheldon to sleep with anybody.

Comment by Jenny – April 21, 2011 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do I feel like this is about Community. Abed and Annie anyone?

Comment by Amie – April 21, 2011 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have that feeling too, although I’m not exactly liking that pair. What about Robin!!!

Comment by Becca – April 26, 2011 09:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do you people not have any reading comprehension skills? It’s a show that hasn’t been renewed so nothing from CW, not House or Desperate Housewives (I don’t believe it’s been renewed yet?) For some reason I was thinking Big Bang Theory but I dunno why: Raj with Bernadette with Howard seeing it? Raj with Penny with Pria seeing it? Sheldon seeing one of the two?

Comment by Marc – April 21, 2011 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m pretty sure DH has been renewed.

Comment by MLT – April 21, 2011 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glee. Sam and Kurt after Nationals.

Comment by Morgan – April 21, 2011 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Penny & Pria witnessed by Howard

And why do people keep saying shows that have not been renewed over and over?

Comment by Max – April 21, 2011 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A worse EWWWW! Ducky & Abby or Ducky & Ziva LOL!

Comment by Brainst0rms – April 21, 2011 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My vote is for Tony and Abbey on NCIS, witnessed by either Gibbs, McGee, or Ziva. Either way totally unpredictable and interesting!

Comment by Rachel – April 21, 2011 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The fact that you said the show hasn’t been renewed yet gives me hope that this blind item is NOT about Reid and Ashley on Criminal Minds. I would get way too stabby and enraged with the heat of a thousand suns if that happened. Plus I’d throw something heavy across the room. :)

Comment by LaShawna – April 21, 2011 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I meant “HAS” been renewed. Last I checked the show hasn’t OFFICIALLY been renewed yet, though the fact that they signed AJ Cook to a two year deal is a pretty strong indicator it will return next fall. :)

Comment by LaShawna – April 21, 2011 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I second that!

Comment by Ashley – April 21, 2011 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Plus, Garcia “suspected” that Reid might have a thing for Seaver. So that should rule out these two too. THANK GOD!!!

Comment by Kate – April 21, 2011 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My other thought was Mark Sloan and Christina Yang. In any case, it will probably be someone and Christina.

Comment by MLT – April 21, 2011 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This SCREAMS Community to me.

Comment by Chris – April 21, 2011 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • House and Wilson. ;)

Comment by Midori – April 21, 2011 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • For the love of god and everything holy, PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN!

Comment by Alex – April 27, 2011 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think its Will and Sue on Glee since they had Will seduce her in Tell Me Something Good.

Comment by Kelly – April 21, 2011 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Astrid and Peter witnessed by Olivia? that’s random

Comment by Amy – April 21, 2011 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lea did tweet that she filmed a sex scene with Cory Monteith.

Comment by Erik – April 21, 2011 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not sure if was alreasy stated.. I tried looking but there are hundreds of entries already…

I say Glee – Will and Coach Beast… and Emma witnesses it when she is about to run back to Will and give herself to him…

Comment by PsiHawk – April 21, 2011 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Can’t be Will and Bieste it says they’ve never shared a moment and Will gave Bieste her first kiss.

Comment by noeladd – April 22, 2011 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s going to Le Liz Lemon & Jack Donaghy on 30 Rock. Talk about a walk of shame!

Comment by Rod – April 21, 2011 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you just beat me to it.

Comment by Travis – April 21, 2011 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Liz Lemon and Jack Donaghy

Comment by Travis – April 21, 2011 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gibbs and Ziva with Abby watching.

Comment by mac – April 21, 2011 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmm, ok so, for Officially renewed we have:
    Castle, Cougartown, The Middle, Modern Family, Greys and Private Practice on abc.
    CBS has Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, and NCIS.
    Fox gives us Glee and Raising Hope.
    NBC is 30 Rock, Community, The Office, Parks and Rec.

Comment by jonah – April 21, 2011 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS – Ziva and McGee. They are both in play as Ziva’s relationship with CI Ray crumbled and McGee’s relationship with Abby has changed due to the new NCIS agent that Abby has been dating.

And of course, they are caught by Gibbs (Of course, Tony could be the one to catch the two. Would certainly changed the relationship dynamic).

Comment by Jon Sable – April 21, 2011 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Judging by the criteria set out, I’m going to guess either Tony and Abby on NCIS, witnessed by Gibbs (although any character witnessing the hookup would lead to some interesting fall-out – imagine the comedic possibilities if Ducky or Palmer walked in on something going on in the lab!); or Captain Montgomery and Martha on Castle, witnessed by Castle (provided either of those characters survives the season).

Comment by Ashley – April 21, 2011 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No hookup involving Tony would come of as shocking…

Comment by Travis – April 21, 2011 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Britta and Pierce witnessed by Abed,
    or Annie and Dean Pelton witnessed by Troy,
    or Leslie and Tom witnessed by April,
    or Ann and Ron witnessed by Tom.

Comment by Lat – April 21, 2011 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have to go rinse my brain with Purel now.

Comment by Becca – April 26, 2011 09:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Santana and Karofsky with Brittany being the one to see the walk of shame.

Comment by AJ – April 21, 2011 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Randy and Ryan on American Idol.

Comment by Jason – April 21, 2011 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s wishful thinking, but doesn’t hurt to make the suggestion.

Rachel and Quinn. And, of course, Finn would see the unlikely duo’s walk of shame.

Comment by Britt – April 21, 2011 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would shocking and funny, and weird at the same time.

Comment by booth_girl – April 21, 2011 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hasnt anybody thought of “the Office” scenarios?

Comment by Michael – April 21, 2011 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was just trying to think of some, but I dunno. There’s lots of combinations!

Comment by Jenny – April 21, 2011 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • could we get a network hint?

Comment by Em – April 21, 2011 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You know who popped into mind as soon as I heard this?…….. Kurt and Sam! Think about it…

Comment by Ethan – April 21, 2011 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS-LA

Callen and Kensi—witnessed by Deeks

Comment by Debbi – April 21, 2011 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok, I think it could be NCIS Gibbs and Ziva, but because they each lose someone to the Port Killer person. Ziva loses her boyfriend, Gibbs loses – Abby? god forbid, but someone he cares about. They both get sloshed in the basement, chaos insues, then Tony walks in. Double whammy ’cause Gibbs is the guy always saying “dong sleep with your partners” and Gibbs also totally knows how Tony feels about Ziva. Could really set Tony off the deep end.

Comment by Tami M – April 21, 2011 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • here are my list of possabilities from shows already renewed who have never shared a romanatic moment

barney and zooey witnessed by marshall (HIMYM)

sara and someone whose not grissom witnessed by catherine (csi)

mark and april (greys)

abby and tony (NCIS)

Comment by alexia – April 21, 2011 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Walter and Astrid as witnessed by Broyles.

Comment by Kaibosh – April 21, 2011 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post