Blind Item: A Sex-Rated Surprise Is Coming Up!

Get More: Blind Item, News, Scoop, Spoilers

Especially observant TVLine readers may have noticed that I quietly updated our May Sweeps Scorecard on Wednesday to expand the list of “Couples having sex for the first time” from two to three.

But what those same readers may not have noticed was the loud gasp I let out just moments before I updated the chart. Because unlike the other two entries, the two characters at the center of this top-secret, season-ending, cliffhangery hook-up have never shared a longing glance or a romantic moment.

Spoiler Alert: Who’s Dying on Glee?

In fact, if you were to ask me who the last two people I’d ever expect to have sex on TV were, I probably would’ve named these two. It’s that shocking.

Coupla hints: First off, we’re talking about a very popular series that has already been renewed. Second, the duo in question may or may not be be in a compromised mental state when said shenanigans transpire. Finally, setting up a doozy of a storyline for next season, the walk of shame that follows the one-night stand is witnessed by someone — in this duo’s eyes, the worst possible someone!

Finale Scoop on Fringe, House, Bones and More!

So which show is ending its season with an outta-nowhere sexscapade? Guess away in the comments!

Tags:

Comments (526)

• I’m thinking the show is either The Big Bang Theory or Fringe, although it might also be Private Practice. If I had to guess, I would say Penny and Raj on TBBT.

Comment by Mikaylah – April 21, 2011 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Elena and Damon witnessed by Stefan!

Comment by Carol – April 21, 2011 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “have never shared a longing glance or a romantic moment.”

it’s not them!

Comment by silly – April 21, 2011 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alex and April on Greys

Comment by Arizona – April 21, 2011 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Except they were hooking up earlier in the season and April’s portrayer said she’s still a virgin at the season’s end?

Comment by Meg – April 21, 2011 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will and Bieste witnessed by Sue… not that I really think its going to be on Glee but it would still be completely unexpected.

Comment by Ana – April 21, 2011 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While looking through another online column I found a spoiler column there. Now I think it will be two characters from Community.I’ve never seen show so I have no clue who they are…lol

Comment by Susan – April 21, 2011 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • please let be castle and beckett

Comment by Karen – April 21, 2011 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That “never a longing glance or moment” thing totally disqualifies Castle & Beckett. That whole show is about their “longing glances” and moments.

Comment by Leithen – April 21, 2011 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thinking Laurie and Travis on Cougar Town. Last night’s episode even talked about how she loves the walk of shame and her alchohol and I’m pretty sure Ellie will be the one to witness, if not Jules.

Comment by Juney – April 21, 2011 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thoughts and guesses….
    Amelia & Sam witnessed by Addison – Private Practice
    Same & Rachel, witnessed by Finn – Glee
    Jenna & Frank, witnessed by Liz – 30 Rock
    Annie & Abed, witnessed by Jeff – Community
    Will & Sue, witnessed by Emma – Glee
    Ron & Ann, witnessed by Leslie – Parks & Rec
    Creed & Meredith, witnessed by Pam – The Office

Comment by Sterling – April 21, 2011 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jenna and Frank alredy did the deed a few seasons ago.

Comment by Jill – April 21, 2011 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Creed and Meredith have already hooked up. (sometime before the show began)

Comment by Nickster – April 22, 2011 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kurt and Karofsky witnessed by Blaine. That’d be epic!

Comment by alex – April 21, 2011 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ima go with Carlos Solis and Andrew Van de Camp. That would be truly unexpected.

Comment by Daniel – April 21, 2011 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bailey and Karev, as witnessed either by the Chief or Christina. I say Christina because of the run for Chief Resident.

Comment by Stephanie – April 21, 2011 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Derek and Cristina on GA??? That would be shocking…

Comment by silly – April 21, 2011 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The “mental state” line makes me think of The Mentalist though I don’t know who it would be.

Comment by Shannon – April 21, 2011 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the idea of Astrid and Walter..that would be great, and they would easily get into a mind altered state!

Comment by fringefan – April 21, 2011 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Peter & Nina Sharp….witnessed by OLIVIA, ahhhhhhhh!!

Comment by AnderZ – April 21, 2011 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hoping for some Tony/Abby NCIS sexy times plz. Mostly just to see the TiVA fan reaction.

Comment by Clarissa – April 21, 2011 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • …Sam and Amelia or Sheldon and Addison…

Comment by Ilaria26 – April 21, 2011 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • PP is all about sex so neither of these two would be SHOCKING

Comment by silly – April 21, 2011 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I have to agree

Comment by Ilaria26 – April 21, 2011 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alex & Teddy. Grey’s Anatomy.

Comment by tammy stark – April 21, 2011 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Troy and Britta on Community? maybe?

Comment by Joseph – April 21, 2011 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They’ve kissed – so definitely potential romance there, which means it’s definitely not the subject of this blind item.

Comment by Rebecca Parker – April 21, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Azimio and Karofsky witnessed by Kurt. Or maybe Karofsky and Blaine witnessed by Azimio.

Comment by Alex – April 21, 2011 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If it was Karofsky and Blaine, wouldn’t the worst person to witness it, in both their eyes, be Kurt? It would only be bad for Karofsky if Azimio found out, Blaine wouldn’t care.

Comment by RachelA – April 21, 2011 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dwight and Oscar on “The Office.”

Comment by Elizabeth Smoot – April 21, 2011 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ummm hello if anybody watches HIMYM they always sit outside on Halloween and watch ppl do the walk of shame! (CLUE)

Comment by Hector – April 21, 2011 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haha, at least this can’t be Grey’s cause everyone already hooked up eith everyone there… xD

Comment by Ss – April 21, 2011 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • there still are a few combinations ;)

Comment by silly – April 21, 2011 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s Penny and Raj, Big Bang Theory…

Comment by Stacey – April 21, 2011 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think its Ziva & McGee witnessed by Abby…

Comment by Beth Apholz – April 21, 2011 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Liz and Kenneth, 30 Rock ;-)

Comment by Kelly – April 21, 2011 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It´s Cuddy and Wilson… (House) I bet on it!

Comment by Val Oliveira – April 21, 2011 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mark and Arizona from Grey’s Anatomy, witnessed by Callie.

Comment by mandy – April 21, 2011 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • maybe J/L from the mentalist? i better keep my hopes down, because i’m sure they won’t get together any time soon ;) haha meanwhile i’ll read fics xD

Comment by MC – April 21, 2011 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Sam and Kurt from Glee. Sam may have said he’s not gay but he didn’t say he didn’t like guys, also if theres alcohol that would alter their state of mind. Witness would be Finn….

Comment by Ed – April 21, 2011 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Santana and Karofsky.
    Already in the whole denial of sexuality mental state.
    Never once really even spoke (Until Santana threatened to crack his nuts and stuff.) and most definitely never shared any romantic glances and what not.

Though I guess it wouldn’t really be a horrible thing for either of them. They’d still get to come off as straight. Unless Santana got Preggo, or Brittany caught them and got super heart broken, It might possibly be a more shocking duo.

Comment by Val – April 21, 2011 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Laurie and Bobby on Cougar Town, witnessed by Jules.

I was also thinking Raj and Penny on BBT, witnessed by Leonard, but don’t know if that fits the “have never shared a longing glance or a romantic moment” category (which they haven’t I don’t believe, mainly due to Raj’s inability to speak in her presence without alcohol)

Comment by Fred – April 21, 2011 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Der and Chris

Comment by Sturla – April 21, 2011 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Derek and Cristina from Grey’s would not be shocking, neither would it be Alex and Mer hook up which would make me gag, since Alex and Mer are like brother and sisters.

It has to be a show where sex is not the main focus, for most characters.

Comment by ana114 – April 21, 2011 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To me, the two characters least likely to hookup on a broadcast network show would be Walter and Astrid on Fringe.

Comment by Rob J. – April 21, 2011 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its not House, so im ok. I hope Will Shue and Emma Pilsbury are not involved! Also I hope its not Sheldon cooper!! It will porbably be on some show I dont watch, like Bones. Best of luck to the fans!

Comment by sophie – April 21, 2011 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Annie and Britta.

Comment by hello – April 21, 2011 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This would be so hot

Comment by em – April 21, 2011 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey people, READ THE CLUES. He said it was 2 people who have never shared a remotely romantic inclination towards one another. Therefore can’t be Wilson and Cuddy because they’ve had “moments” in the past, mainly during season 2. (Plus as others have already pointed out, House hasn’t officially been renewed, so none of the pairing from that are possibilities) And it also can’t possibly be Kurt and Karofsky because, ya know, Karofsky kissed Kurt. And it also CAN’T be Will and Emma either, or Benson and Stabler on SVU.

And although Sheldon sleeping with Penny (or anyone) would technically fit the bill, I really don’t think they would do that. It’s just too out of character for Sheldon. Perhaps Penny and Raj, witnessed by Leonard, but I doubt it.

I was actually thinking Kalinda and Will on the Good Wife, witnessed by Alicia. Lanie and Castle with Beckett as a witness might fit the bill as well, as would a number of random pairing from Glee, i.e. Mercedes & Finn or Rachel & Sam.

Comment by RachelA – April 21, 2011 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Speaking of reading the clues, The Good Wife has not been officially renewed yet!

Comment by Beth – April 21, 2011 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s Penny and Raj witnessed by Sheldon, cause you know he can’t keep a secret or tell a lie

Comment by Mar – April 21, 2011 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If it is TBBT – let it be Raj and Bernadette witnessed by Penny or Leonard…….

Comment by Jeanne – April 22, 2011 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking the Good Wife before I realized it hadn’t been renewed but I thought the pairing might be Alicia and Eli witnessed by Will.

Comment by Noeladd – April 22, 2011 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ziva and McGee as witnessed by Gibbs. She’s on the rocks with Ray. He’s losing out on Abby, and they both picked on Tony for his fling with EJ. (Although I hope not. The season is already too soapy.)

Comment by Davi – April 21, 2011 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mayim Bialik already spoiled her character will have a “new” experience in the finale of Big Bang Theory. Only mystery is with whom.

Comment by Alex – April 21, 2011 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • EW reported that Sheldon gets a new roomie at the end of the season. She might be talking about that.

Comment by Tia – April 22, 2011 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Palmer and Ziva

Comment by NCIS – April 21, 2011 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bailey and the Chief witnessed by Meredith

Comment by Mindy – April 21, 2011 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Great minds think alike!

Comment by Erin @ Epicurious Erin – April 21, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Now this is something that would shock the heck out me on Grey’s. Any other person hooking up on Grey’s wouldn’t shock me. Except the Chief and Bailey doing the McNasty.

Comment by ana114 – April 21, 2011 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OMG… This never even crossed my mind, but as soon as I read it, it made sense. And I actually don’t hate it…

Comment by lauren – April 21, 2011 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • my money is on Will and Sue, witnessed by Emma

Comment by emzeta – April 21, 2011 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think it could be Will/Sue from “Glee” because there was an episode last season where he seduced her, and she briefly fell for him.

Comment by Sara – April 21, 2011 11:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ted and Barney, witnessed by the mother! :D

Comment by jb – April 21, 2011 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going with Cougar Town. Bill Lawrence’s twitter name is @VDOOZER and the tag at the end of the show is “DOOZER”. So, naturally, a “doozy of a storyline” would be a subtle nod to Cougar Town. My best guess is Bobby and Laurie and Ellie sees them. Bill already said that they wouldn’t pair up Laurie and Travis until Trav was older.

Comment by Sarah – April 21, 2011 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Considering the showrunners have admitted they will likely pursue the Travis/Laurie storyline when he’s old enough, I doubt Laurie & Bobby will get together. Plus, it’s sort of believable since they’ve been paired together in scenes more often – so I don’t think that would be enough of a shock.

Comment by Rebecca Parker – April 21, 2011 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sheldon and penny?

Comment by Mike – April 21, 2011 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Ziva sleeps with anyone else on the team than Tony there is gonna be hell to pay. Plus, do they really need more hate for Ziva? Honestly?

Comment by cheese – April 21, 2011 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Most ridiculous thoughts:

Bailey and the Chief on Greys
    Penny & Howard on Big Bang…

Haha this is fun!

Comment by Erin @ Epicurious Erin – April 21, 2011 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Phil and Gloria-Modern Family

Bailey and Mcsteamy-Grey’s Anatomy, not that I watch that show any more but i’m all for Private Practice =)

Comment by fernando – April 21, 2011 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Phil has been shown to be fixated on Gloria, so I don’t think it’s them.

Comment by Rebecca Parker – April 21, 2011 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Elliot & Olivia!!!!!!!! i don’t care who’s the witness!! Does it really Matters?…

Comment by Yuddi_mh – April 21, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The only way I would want E/O to get together is if it’s witness by Tucker, who immediately fires their asses. That way I don’t have to have E/O polluting my screen.

Comment by Alex – April 27, 2011 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think that Kate and Rick from Castle will hit.
    CASKETT!!