Blind Item: A Sex-Rated Surprise Is Coming Up!

Especially observant TVLine readers may have noticed that I quietly updated our May Sweeps Scorecard on Wednesday to expand the list of “Couples having sex for the first time” from two to three.

But what those same readers may not have noticed was the loud gasp I let out just moments before I updated the chart. Because unlike the other two entries, the two characters at the center of this top-secret, season-ending, cliffhangery hook-up have never shared a longing glance or a romantic moment.

Spoiler Alert: Who’s Dying on Glee?

In fact, if you were to ask me who the last two people I’d ever expect to have sex on TV were, I probably would’ve named these two. It’s that shocking.

Coupla hints: First off, we’re talking about a very popular series that has already been renewed. Second, the duo in question may or may not be be in a compromised mental state when said shenanigans transpire. Finally, setting up a doozy of a storyline for next season, the walk of shame that follows the one-night stand is witnessed by someone — in this duo’s eyes, the worst possible someone!

Finale Scoop on Fringe, House, Bones and More!

So which show is ending its season with an outta-nowhere sexscapade? Guess away in the comments!

1. KMS says:

Serena and Chuck? I know they are now technically brother and sister but that’s who I thought of

• KMS says:

Nevermind…GG hasn’t been officially renewed

• sweetiepie1019 says:

I don’t think so. I mean, Chuck has flirted with Serena before, especially before she become his stepsister. Although that might just me really, really hoping it’s not them. After all, Serena clearly has no issues with dating (former) step siblings, seeing as her recurring love interest is Dan, who she was just in a family portrait with.
      Still. Chuck having sex with anyone is not exactly shocking at this point. I don’t think it’s them.

• laura says:

bonnie and damon from the vampire diaries witnessed by elena for sure!

• Rowan says:

They are not technically brother and sister. They were step-siblings, which ended.

• TheRealHurley says:

It’s Marge and Chief Wiggams on The Simpsons, witnessed by the Reverand’s wife. The creators of The Simpsons have already discussed this at one of the comic-cons, although they later denied it…

• jordan says:

Raj and Penny from The Big Bang Theory!!!!!! It has to be them! They were drunk, and as they woke up THE WHOLE GANG WAS IN THE LIVING ROOM!!! Plus, nobody EVER expected that to happen between the two of them! That will make for a great storyline next season!

• Molly says:

I’m going with Raj and Penny too. Talk about the walk of shame with Leonard sitting in the living room. Yikes!

• i am underwhelmed says:

Yay, congrats on being right.

Not a show I care about but fun fun fun for all you BBT watchers.

2. MiTYH says:

Will and Emma on Glee, witnessed by Sue

Seems to fit all the bills, especially if there’s a death in the finale then the “compromised mental state” makes sense

3. Kate says:

Cumon Ausiello, more hints on what the actual show is pleaseeeeeeeeee?!

4. MLT says:

Paul Young and Susan Delfino on Desperate Housewives.

• Steven says:

Doubt it. The previews already gave that away.

• Steven says:

Doubt it. The previews already gave that away. Plus DH as not been renewed.

• Robert says:

I doubt Susan would go that far with Paul, I mean, it’s Paul. And I don’t see the writers messing up the show with that when she has an eight year old kid with Mike. I would still be a fan, but my opinion of Susan would change drastically.

• luvprue1 says:

Well Susan haven’t had sex in a while. She been sick , and than Mike goes out of town for work for long period of time, so it could be Susan and Paul . However I sure it’s a dream. I hope it’s a dream. I has to be a dream.

• LeSo says:

I also think that the Susan/Paul thing is going to be a dream. DH promos are never what they appear to be, and I’m sure that Susan’s subconscious is very aware of the fact that her body is housing Beth’s kidney. I could seem them explaining that away fairly simply.

• yelldan19 says:

But I think that Mike is the “death” at the end of the season and I see Paul and Susan hooking up with his ex-mother-in-law being the witness.

• silly says:

On the ABC page it says “Susan has inappropriate dreams about Paul.”

5. Katie says:

Rachel & Sam on Prom Night.

• Jill says:

I was thinking this one, too. They hardly even talk to each other.

• Bob says:

I’m sure he’s referring to a POPULAR show.

• Hannah says:

Prom Night is an upcoming episode, not the title of the show, if that’s where the misunderstanding came from. They’re referring to Glee.

• Cory says:

Glee IS a popular show, just because you don’t like it, doesn’t mean it isn’t popular. God knows I hated Seinfeld and yet it’s still considered freak popular despite being off the air. and it could be Kurt and Blaine… many people don’t expect to see those do go that far, but I’d like to see it happen… it’d go along with my death theory being Kurt’s Dad… Kurt’s distraught and it turns into a moment of passion between the two…

• Kate says:

“Because unlike the other two entries, the two characters at the center of this top-secret, season-ending, cliffhangery hook-up have never shared a longing glance or a romantic moment.”

Doesn’t work for Kurt and Blaine since they’re officially a couple.

Maybe Kurt and that bully-guy. But that would freak me out too much!!!
          They’re hopefully not that stupid to ruin the whole chemistry Kurt and Blaine have…

• Carly says:

Im going with Kurt and Karofsky, as witnessed by Blaine, after the spoiler about the Prom King and Queen was tweeted by the girl who worked on Glee

• Mackenzie says:

Kurt and Karofsky have kissed. I think that that counts as romantic…

• lovetorun says:

but it says they’ve “never shared a longing glance or a romantic moment”…DEFINITELY not kurt and blaine.

• Cory says:

Could that still include Sue and Will? I mean there was that episode where Will seduced Sue through song to give her a taste of her own medicine and she actually thought for a moment she felt something for him for like a brief second, you could tell.

Maybe Coach Beiste is involved somehow? lol

• oneatatime says:

Kurt and Sam, as witnessed by Blaine or Santana

• Diana says:

I agree. No, I HOPE actually. One, because I’m tired of sad sappy rachel and Two, because I don’t really like her and Finn together.

I think it’ll be Quinn who sees them…

• me says:

thing is who would care if it were those two? Nobody, to my knowledge wants either of them anymore

• Lee says:

That would be a surprise, but since-spoiler-he supposedly turns her down as a prom date, I highly doubt. If it’s Glee, I’m thinking Karofsky and Santana, a shock for the obvious reasons. However, for either of those couples I can’t think of someone who’d be the worst person to see both of them equally.

6. Kate` says:

Compromised mental state sounds more like the workings of Alcohol involvement!

• luvprue1 says:

Sounds like Andrew and Lee from “Desperate Housewives. Lee drinks,and has been having problem in his relationship. Andrew’s husband just left him over his drinking problem. So it could very well be those two.

• LisaD says:

hmmmm Fringe was just renewed how about Walter and Nina witnessed by peter or astrid

• Fringe Fan says:

I don’t think so, as of last season Nina and Broyles were still lovers so she can’t be with Walter or Broyles would shot him.

• Lily says:

Walter/Nina is my second OTP on Fringe after Polivia but I can’t see it being them. And I think they’ve shared a couple of moments.

I think it could be Sue and Will from Glee! :O

7. wcm says:

Ryan and Espesito on Castle and the walk of shame is seen by Castle

:P :P

8. me says:

Arizona and Sloan?

9. Karen says:

I think ts going to be House and Thirteen … witnessed by Cuddy!

• Tophu says:

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking. After watching The Dig and seeing the way 13 looked at him when he said he’s ‘kill her’ I thought she was going to kiss him right there. It’s totally going to happen.

• Steven says:

House has also not been renewed.

• b says:

Oh, crap, you’re right. And I was totally on board with this. It seems like all my favorite shows are having prolonged contract negotiations this year!

• solo1861 says:

Thanks god for that. I was so glad when I read it was on a show already renewed.
        I think I might actually stop watching if House and 13 started something.

• Mel says:

House hasn’t been renewed.

• Rachel says:

House has not yet been renewed. But that would be AWESOME.

• RP says:

This is totally what I would guess if it wasn’t for the renewal thing! A very popular show, never hinted at before, someone in an emotional state (13), witnessed by the last person you’d want to see (Cuddy). Plus they had opportunity, staying in a hotel together.

• Tracy Murray says:

Could be interesting , they seem right for each other despite the age difference , but how about House and Wilson , now that is something to see , especially since Cuddy , or maybe Dominica , will be the unfortunate witness .

• Stephanie Miller says:

House and Wilson aren’t even gay though. And House and Thirteen hooking up, talk about “Grey’s Anatomy”. HOUSE is a better show than to pull stunt pairings like a soap has to do to get attention. It can stand on it’s own two feet. If it ever devolved into this sort of sad desperation tho, I’d stop watching. I can’t see them doing it. It’s too high quality a show.

• Sally says:

If anything Wilson and Cuddy. But House has not been renewed yet. So NO House.

• dragongrrl says:

Actually, I was thinking Thirteen and Cuddy and witnessed by House.

Or, Wilson and Cuddy, witnessed by House.

10. Michael says:

Cougar town – Laure and Andy. Ellie catches them. That’s my guess

11. Katy says:

Shirley and Abed on Community, witnessed by Pierce.

12. Ingmar says:

My bet goes to a couple of NCIS…busted by Gibbs because it would be their boss. Just dont know who. Or maybe a Criminal Minds couple ( JJ – Reid? ) ; or else its Greys? To many options!

• Kate says:

CM isn’t renewed yet.
      Besides, JJ and Reid went on a “date” in season 1.

• Juissie says:

My first thought was Ziva and McGee, witnessed by Tony. Then I remembered that Emily Deschanel is pregnant. That led me to think it might be Brennan and Sweets witnessed by Booth. Think about how they would deal with that situation from the anthropological versus psychological perspectives. It could make for a good wrench in the Booth/Brennan storyline without altogether destroying hope for a future hook-up.

13. HRU says:

Huh. That is so vague there is no way to venture a guess. So with that in mind I am going forward to guess Gibbs and Ziva

• Barbie says:

o_O She’s like a daughter to him, no way!

• Roscoe says:

Would be funny too is McGee and Ziva made out and Abby saw it.

• Ashtrash says:

haha my first thought was Gibbs and Abby. My second thought was, “EWWWWWWWWWWW, Gross!!!” Please, no one one from NCIS! :)

• Scoobi says:

I thought Gibbs and Abby too, witnessed by McGee. But I think that pairing would ruin their relationship from that point on. So I agree with you “EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!”

• Jul says:

I dunno — there are an awful lot of Gibbs/Abby shippers out there. Just look at the “GAbby fans” sites and GAbby fanfiction. Plus, remember, Pauley Perrette is 42…

• D says:

It’s going to be Tony and Ziva, just because everyone says it isn’t and that is already too late. It is too late, but it’s going to be them anyway.
      Unless Prentiss comes back to Criminal Minds and she and Hotch will (finally) do the deed!

14. Barbie says:

Thirteen and Taub???? He’s like, her father.

Or maybe Cuddy and Thirteen! :P

15. alan in sitges says:

Oh, it’s Will and Sue! And Emma’s going to catch them.

You did say last people, never, etc.

• Natalie says:

I agree. Seeing those two get drunk and then the walk of shame the next day would be priceless.

• Ruby says:

I would somehow come up with the money to sponsor the entirety of Season 3 if this happened. Oh my God SOMEONE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

• b says:

Eh, I wouldn’t call them the last people I’d ever expect. That’s one of those pairings that’s supposed to be all “shocking” but actually you know it’s probably going to happen eventually as soon as ratings start sagging and they run out of ideas. So not so shocking.

• Mikos says:

I have to say, this is the ONLY guess on this page that fits the bill.

Never a longing glance or romantic moment – check.
      Very POPular show that’s already renewed – check.
      They need alcohol/altered mental states to do it – CHECK.
      First pair that popped into Ausiello’s head, hell first pair that popped into my head – Check check

I’d guess the Principal would be the last person they would want to witness. He’ll finally have all the leverage he’ll ever need.

• Jackie says:

Will did try to seduce Sue in Tell Me Something Good so…

• Cory says:

I would die if it were Will and Sue… could you imagine how heated and dirty their fights will be afterwards?

16. KIGboro says:

Has to be Cuddy and Wilson, witnessed by House.

17. Ann S. says:

Kurt and Karofsky. Witnessed by Sue.

18. Stephanie says:

Penny and Raj on The Big Bang Theory.

• Melissa says:

I like this guess! That would be wild!

• Rock Golf says:

Already renewed? Check.

Least expected? Almost.

How about Penny & Sheldon? Witnessed by Amy Farrah Fowler.

• Leslee says:

I was thinking Penny and Sheldon, too…but witnessed by Leonard.

• Bill says:

My thoughts exactly. A learning exercise for Sheldon I’d wager.

• Melissa says:

This was the first thing that popped into my head too. I would be shocked if Sheldon decided to have sex, and with Penny no less. This would make for a hilarious episode.

• Nicole says:

I think Sheldon and Amy Farrah Fowler, witnessed by Penny. She’d be a terrible witness because as they know, she’s a total gossip.

• ted says:

The discription of the finale is:
        “The Big Bang Theory (Thursday, May 19): Bernadette gets her PhD, leaving Howard the only non-doctor in their group of researchers; Raj moves in with Sheldon after overhearing Leonard and Priya engage in a Star Trek bedroom fantasy.”

My guess is Raj – Penny with Sheldon witnessing.

• Dave says:

Agree. First couple I thought of. Sheldon witnesses. Worst possible situation.

• Liz says:

That’s my guess too

• Riley says:

It has to be. Everyone is assuming Glee or House, but The Big Bang Theory is really popular, too. They’ve never shared any glance, and considering that Penny still has feelings for Leonard, if Leonard witnessed it…oooh I so want this to happen!

Partially because I love the show and I have a feeling they’d be drunk, because Penny wouldn’t sleep with him while sober and she wants to be with Leonard, I want it to be them. Also partially because everyone thinks it’s Glee or House and I’d love it to not be either of those shows.

• Reba says:

Amy and Raj, witnessed by Leonard.

• Lenny says:

Well done, Stephanie! Well done!

• Stacy says:

Congrats!

19. Ashley says:

I think it could be Parks and Rec. Wonder if it Ann Perkins and Adam from Parks. Think we are all expecting Leslie and Adam to hook up based on this years hints, but this would throw a real wrench in it!

• Kelly says:

I could see this happening! I’d love Leslie and the disgraced teenage mayor to hook up, but I can see the Ann thing. She’s man hunting. This could be good!

• Corinne says:

I have so much anxiety that you are right about it. Especially now that Ausiello gave more clues that it is a comedy. I certainly hope not, especially since Anne dated when Leslie was into him.

20. Susan says:

I’m hoping- fingers crossed_ that it’s Benson and Stabler on SVU, and that Kathy Stabler somehow sees them!For realz..lol

21. Angie says:

I think it’s going to be Sam and Derek’s little sister (can’t remember her name right now) on Private Practice. They’re going to be drunk at Coop and Charlotte’s wedding and Addison is going to see her sneaking out of Sam’s house since she lives right next door.

• Emily says:

You read my mind! As soon as I read this I got a Sam and Amelia vibe, and I definitely think that it will be witnessed by Addison.

• the girl says:

As much as I love this show, I can’t agree that PP is “wildly popular”. Unfortunately, because I would love to be able to say that. This is an amazing show.
      With that said, my guess is that its probably not happening on a half hour comedy. Probably an hour long drama or dramady.

22. pandora says:

House and Thirteen seen by Cuddy or Wilson(compromised mental state)?

23. CJ says:

Penny and Sheldon from Big Bang! He drinks for the first time and they have sex and it’s witnessed by Leonard :D

24. Timm says:

Gotta be Will & Sue… witnessed by Emma, right? Right? Meh.

25. Pammers says:

TBBT, Penny and Raj

26. Dee says:

Kurt and Dave on Glee?

27. Blondie says:

Cougar Town: Laurie and Travis. It has been brought up but there really haven’t been longing glances.

• Robert says:

I agree with you on this one. They are kinda flirty when alone and I’ve heard they are gonna get a little closer. And I could see Andy seeing one of them do the walk of shame because lets face it, he always winds up in that situation.

• Lisa says:

I was thinking of this pair as well – and with Ellie as the one who witnesses the walk of shame. BTW, Laurie had a pretty awful/awesome walk of shame on the last episode…lol

• Jill says:

I thought this also and Ellie being the witness

28. skyfan says:

Broyles and Astrid on Fringe – witnessed by Olivia. For some reason I’m getting a Fringe-y vibe on this one. The other likely couple-ing there is Walter and Nina Sharp – seen afterward by Peter (but he’s used to Walter doing odd things under the influence).
    SkyFan

29. Vignes says:

iS IT CSI MIAMI DELKO and calleigh !!!please i hope its them

30. Rebecca Parker says:

I’m going to guess Jeff and Shirley, witnessed by Annie.

Or it could be Finn and Mercedes, witnessed by Rachel or Quinn?

31. Renee says:

Hints are way too broad. No clue.

32. Bridget says:

How about Penny and Sheldon as witnessed by Leonard????

33. Brian Leonard says:

Gotta be on Deadliest Catch…

34. Kristen says:

You know what I’m just gonna lay it out there and say Jack and Liz from “30 Rock”. Yes, I realize Tina said they were NEVER going there and I know he’s married, but hilariousness would ensue after the fact. Tracy bares witness?

• Mimi says:

Totally what I was thinking, esp. as she’s now preggers (with Jack’s lovechild? fabulous)

• Chelsea Anne says:

I had the same thought! (And then second guessed it because of Tina’s comments.) That would be totally and completely shocking. And I would kind of love it. My other thoughts as to the witness would be Kenneth or Avery.

35. Maryanne says:

Grey’s Cristina and Alex witness by Owen.

36. Jen says:

Abby and Tony on NCIS, witnessed by Gibbs.

Rick and Lanie on Castle, witnessed by Beckett.

Jane and VanPelt on The Mentalist, witnessed by Lisbon.

• Rach says:

those would both be shocking, but would seriously make me mad. that’d be ruining FOUR of my favorite couple pairings…PLEASE don’t let that happen

• JohnDoe says:

Jane and Van Pelt would make for a pretty hot couple, actually.

• Allie says:

ooh, Abby and Tony, in a moment of grief because the two people killed are EJ and the big football guy on her team that Abby likes! and witnessed by Gibbs. Or McGee or Ziva, any of those witnesses would be awkward! nice ideas Jen!!

37. Lauren says:

Amelia and Sam on Private Practice. so easy.

• Caro says:

Could be, since EVERYONE is sleeping around with EVERYONE on Private Practice! It’s almost like ‘the bold and the beautiful’. Every main character has slept with least one or two other characters on that show, so I wouldn’t be surprised at all.

38. Nichole says:

Penny and Sheldon “Big Bang Theory” Witnessed by Mayam Bialik’s character or by Howard.

39. Gilby says:

For some reason, I’m thinking Laurie and Bobby (Cougar Town) with Jules or Ellie as the witness! I mean, there definitely could be alcohol involved and they’ve never hinted at a hook-up between them before, plus Laurie had a “walk of shame” on last night’s episode… :-)

And, really, with all the flirting between Laurie and Trav, maybe he’d be the one to witness the walk of shame… Either way, it’d be awesome.

40. jj says:

Sam and Castiel. And Dean sees it. :P

41. Frank says:

Penny and Sheldon on TBBT

42. hyechica says:

Desperate Housewives – Susan and Paul?

43. barbara says:

Penny and Raj from TBBT.

44. Sara says:

Walternate and Olivia witnessed by Peter of course. Fringe would do that sort of thing.

• Fringy says:

I am thinking its going to be Peter sleeping with someone and Olivia sees them. She has all her issues of trust and this would definitely throw a wrench into the mix

45. Rach says:

i would love to guess Tony and Ziva on NCIS, found out by Gibbs, but they have shared romantic moments and it wouldnt be that shocking seeing them together.

46. djesus says:

House and Wilson.

47. fatOlady says:

Wilson and Cuddy and House sees them. Okay THAT might be worth watching.

• Sydney says:

Ugh. They are like cousins or brother and sister. Just no. I want HOUSE to be renewed soon, but I’m glad it’s not so I don’t have to worry about this blind item.

48. Jerry says:

HIMYM, Lilly with Barney or Ted. Or Robin with Marshall.

No one else said HIMYM yet, so I thought I would! And it’s been renewed. And they have has whole episodes devoted to the walk of shame.

• Meg says:

I can’t see Lily or Marshall cheating.

• Rich says:

My first thought was Lilly and Ted with it being witnessed by Barney. I was thinking that because we all know how he is about Lilly and Marshall’s relationship and how he went to save it so …

• b says:

No way. Either Marshall or Lily cheating – especially with a member of the gang – would pretty much bring the show to a screeching halt. Especially given the whole trying to get pregnant (ish) thing. We know Lily will be pregnant within a few months (I’m betting on a positive test at the finale), there’s no way they could get past infidelity that quickly.

• Lauren says:

No. HIMYM would not do that. I can’t believe this is even being suggested.

• KT says:

My guess was Barney and Zoey and Ted sees it. Older does say that things with Zoey ended badly. Sorta makes sense.

I mentioned this earlier but apparently my comment is gone :(

• Lex says:

I was afraid it would be something like that, but seriously it would never happen. It would cause too much real drama, which has been achieved in HIMYM already with Marshall’s dad. Plus it’s Lily and Marshall and you’re pretty much certain neither will ever cheat… and HIMYM has a deep undertone of commitment and love and family. It’s not going to happen.

49. Luella says:

I’m thinking it’s on VD…don’t know who, but they could be “compelled” =D

• Rebecca Parker says:

I think that makes sense considering his wording – he didn’t say “under the influence”

So that would be maybe Damon and Jenna?

• silly says:

Klaus can compelle anyone he wants so it could be a vampire + someone else :) great drama but too soapy for VD

50. jane says:

i cant even believe im saying this as an option but….mcgee and ziva? my reasons being a)ncis is renewed, b)2 people die in the finale, being a “compromisng mental state” and c)gibbs, or even tony, finding out is the worst possible someone. i hope im wrong but if im right…ew

• Unhinged says:

Is there a reason for the “ew” other than you not seeing how they could ever be together?

• Cheyenne says:

I thought that same thing! Cause if Gibbs saw two co-workers doing that… Wow! That would be bad. haha I hope it’s not those two though, cause they seem too much like brother and sister to me.

• Emily says:

I totally thought the same thing-and I thought Tony will see them. Gibbs has to know that McGee and Abby hooked up in the past and he didn’t care about that too much. But for Tony to see McGee and Ziva hook up, that would be horrible.

• L says:

What about Tony and Abby after Ziva is killed. With Vance walking in? (I really hope that this doesn’t happen, cause I want Ziva to live and Vance to die)