Fox Sweeps Scoopapalooza: Deaths, Drugs, Blind Items, Prom and... The Goonies?!

Fox just dropped off one of our favorite documents of the year – its May Sweeps round-up – and suffice it to say, high drama is in plentiful supply as House, Bones, Glee, Fringe and the rest of the network’s scripted series sew up their seasons. We’ve boiled the 5,000-word press release down for you, show-by-show (in alphabetical order). But be warned: This promises to be a mighty download of scoops, teasers and outright spoilers.

Bones | Each of the team members attempts to be more forthcoming in their relationships (April 28)…. Angela keeps Hodgins in the dark regarding the details of her pregnancy (May 5)…. When Jacob Broadsky claims another victim – and then a bullet meant for Booth strikes an innocent victim – Booth makes it his mission to catch the sniper once and for all (May 12)…. When the remains of a bowler are found in the automatic pinsetter of a bowling alley, Booth and Brennan go undercover in a competitive bowling league (May 19).

Bones Boss: Emily Deschanel’s Pregnancy May Result In a ‘Curtailed’ Season 7

Breaking In | Oz’s team is assigned to safeguard the sequel to The Goonies at Comic-Con (May 4)…. After botching a gig protecting KFC’s secret recipe, Oz organizes a team-building exercise (May 11)…. Tracking a cyber-bully, Cameron finds himself back at his former high school; Mike Tyson guest stars (May 18).

The Chicago Code | Teresa’s plan to make her case against Alderman Gibbons takes an unexpected turn (May 2)…. Teresa risks tipping Gibbons off to her big-picture plan; Jarek faces reality when an anonymous package reveals more about the Wysocki family (May 9)…. As the case against Gibbons escalates, Teresa, Jarek and Caleb scramble to locate a star witness (May 16)…. Jarek confronts family issues that have haunted him for years; Teresa’s case against Gibbons comes to a climactic conclusion (May 23).

Fringe | Olivia must trust Sam Weiss (guest star Kevin Corrigan) during a race against time (April 29, “The Last Sam Weiss”)…. Peter confronts his destiny; a beloved team member meets an untimely demise (May 6, “The Day We Died”).

Fringe Spoiler Alert: Apocalypse, Sex and Doomsday Devices – Oh My!

Glee | Sue revives the school paper, if only to plant inflammatory blind items (where does she get such an idea?); April Rhodes (Kristin Chenoweth) invites Will to hit the road with her (May 3, “Rumors”)…. The competition for prom king and queen intensifies (hush, random extra!); Jessie St. James (Jonathan Groff) returns (May 10, “Prom Queen”)…. New Directions strategizes for Nationals; an unexpected loss rocks the world of one of McKinley’s own (May 17, “Funeral”)…. Nationals in New York City! (May 24).

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Glee, Bones and More

House | Cuddy’s mother (Candice Bergen) threatens to sue the hospital for malpractice, jeopardizing Cuddy and House’s medical licenses; Donal Logue (Terriers) also guest stars (May 2, “Changes”)…. The team begins to suspect House may have another type of drug problem (May 9, “The Fix”)…. Thirteen gets a visit from a friend/fellow ex-con (Amy Landecker); House deals with devastating information (May 16, “After Hours”)…. Shohreh Aghdashloo (24) makes like Franco as a performance artist who just may be involving PPTH in her latest work; a situation prompts House to do something very unexpected that could change his relationship with Cuddy and Wilson permanently (May 23, “Moving On”).

Robert Sean Leonard Declares: ‘This Is My Last Season on House

Raising Hope | The entire family experiments with flirting (May 3)…. Hope’s baby monitor starts picking up the conversations of troubled neighbors played by My Name Is Earl‘s Ethan Suplee and Jaime Pressly (May 10)…. The fam flashes back to when Jimmy, then a Goth, turned 18 (May 17).

And last but not least….

Traffic Light | Liza uses the GPS trackers on their cell phones to keep tabs on Mike (May 3)…. The guys go on a hunting trip (May 17)…. Mike and Lisa hire a scantily clad babysitter (Carlson Young; start Googling!) for Tommy (May 17).

Ready, set… OMG!

1. Dave says:

i know this won’t be the popular opinion, but I really hope Traffic Light survives the season’s cuts.

2. 8daysaweek says:

I’m going to be seriously irritated if the Glee death is another Pavarotti fake-out. Sure, it served it’s purpose in the plot by bringing Kurt and Blaine together but it got way too much hype.
    From the description though, it sounds like it’s not going to be one of the kids but rather someone related to one of the kids – so I’m thinking Burt (most likely) or maybe Kurt’s mom.

• 8daysaweek says:

Oops – meant to say Finn’s mom :-)

• Reena says:

I read that Mike OMailey who plays Kurts dad has been signed on for 6 episodes next season so I wouldnt think it would be him…I really thought the bird was who all the blind items etc. were talking about but at this point I am guessing Karovsky or maybe just maybe a long shot and go with Sue’s sister???

• Cari says:

Sue’s sister would be terrible, but it could make sense. I hope not though, since she’s pretty much the only thing that makes Sue human.

• kingpin says:

That may be the point…something that would drive Sue further over the edge or maybe in the opposite direction. It’s not a bad guess. For what they’re promoting, it better be someone significant.

• TeamFinchel says:

But what if Burt IS the one to get killed and the episodes he signed on for in season 3 are flashbacks?

• Allison says:

It better not be Burt! His scenes with Kurt and the relationship they have are a great part of the show. I really hope it isn’t him. Not sure who else I would guess though.

• Anne says:

Agreed. Not Burt Hummel!! He seems by far the most likely though. I keep hoping it’s April or some peripheral character like that. Don’t get me wrong, love Kristin Chenoweth, but better her than Burt.

• John Berggren says:

I think in that family – they are both mom and dad to both Kurt and Finn. I don’t think that either will die though. What I know of next year’s casting and typical willingess to lose core or beloved characters the ones I think are most likely are

Principal Figgins
      Coach Bieste

Longshots:
      Jean Sylvester
      Dave Karofsky

• John Berggren says:

I could see losing Terri Schuester out of necessity. I could see this creating a storyline to help keep Will and Emma apart for a while longer while allowing the actress to move on to another project since they can’t seem to figure out what to do with her.

• Corinne says:

I agree, I also think it will be Terri. She’s too interesting of an actress to just be sitting around waiting for a few minutes of screen time for an episode here or there.

• philateech says:

There’s an article in the current tv guide and she’s quoted as
          saying she’s definitely in for next season, so not Terri.

• 8daysaweek says:

The description says it rocks the world of one of Mckinley’s own – with the exception of Jean and maybe Dave if Kurt is at McKinley by then again.

But now that I’m thinking about it – what about Jesse St. James? He’s back for the May 10 episode. If he died at the end of it, the next episode would likely focus on Rachel dealing with that loss.

3. John Berggren says:

An unexpected loss on Glee – Of all the secondary players on the show – I will be most upset if we lose the Bieste. I absolutely adore her.

4. LGB says:

Can. Not. Wait. For more Chicago Code!!

5. Stacy Smith says:

I hope it’s not Astrid!

• John Berggren says:

I also hope and pray it’s not Astrid, but “team member” seems to narrow to her. She still has a double in UniverseRed – and Broyles does not.

6. Laura says:

My vote, for a Glee loss, is Carl. There is all of this talk of a sort of reunion between Shu and Emma, and Carl is a road block that needs to be removed.

7. Michael Sacal says:

It’ll end up being the music room in Glee that is destroyed, which will lead to their getting a new and improved music room for season 3.

8. Ryan says:

Glee death prediction: Becky

• LeSo says:

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that they’re looking to cast a boy for Becky to be friends with/date. I wouldn’t think that they would go to the trouble of casting a character for this purpose if their intention was to kill off Becky.

9. un-holy says:

You left out the most interesting part that I read about the episode where Thirteen’s fellow ex-con appears.

Spoiler warning for those reading this comment:
    She asks Chase for help :DD FINALLY Chase and Thirteen!

10. timelord says:

the day we died- the title of fringe’s finale. could that mean two people from both the universes die? a beloved character in both the universes dies?

11. NickC says:

Someone is going to die on FRINGE!?! ..Even though i don’t dislike her any more i hope it is Astrid (not sure of the spelling).Maybe then this sides Agent Lee will join the team.FRINGE has been great this year.

• Mindy says:

Seth Gabel has been such a cool guest star this year. His Red Universe Lee is so great. Because of how cool that character is I now care about what happens to Alt Universe. And this is just with him being an essentially minor character. Great work writers and Seth Gabel.

I really hope they make him a regular in some capacity next season. I would hope for Alt Lee, but I guess I’ll take Blue Universe Agent Lee if that’s what I get.

12. Jill says:

Why hasn’t Ausiello put the Glee death on the finale scorecard as a confirmed death?

13. Alicia says:

Doubt House and Cuddy will lose their licenses over Arlene suing the hospital (at least at this point), but I suspect the finale will end with Cuddy getting fired.
    Several episodes ago she signed an insurance document for House so he could marry that illegal alien, I’m sure it will come back to haunt her (that was a plant & payoff if I ever saw one).
    With the legal department all up in their business over Arlene’s suit, perhaps more of their less that legit practices will be uncovered. Cuddy is House’s boss so most of the blame will fall on her, especially since she’s been covering his ass all these years–repercussion time.

Of course whether or not the termination will stick is the big question (something to fret about over the summer), and if House can/tries to do anything to help her.

• fiddledeedee says:

OMG!! What mother would sue the hospital where her daughter is the Dean of Medicine and could loose her job, not to mention her medical license? C’on writers, can’t you come up with something better than that? If not, the show needs some new writers because this scenario is so unlikely. She should be asking her daughter why she was foolish enough to break up with House. This is really, really pathetic! I love this show and hate to see writing that is so deeaning, not to mention unlikely to the story line. Get with it guys!!!!! We know this is TV, but shouldn’t it be somewhat believable??

• raiza says:

Arlene knows what she is doing..how can you mend what is broken? she has the clue, or so she thinks…

• Danielle says:

I think you hit the nail on the head, and it fits with the rest of what was posted, Cuddy does get in some sort of hot water, House to the rescue, leading into the team thinking House has another type of drug problem translates to Huddy reuinfication complete but secret, House gets devestating news, my interpretation, Cuddy’s prego from really hot make up sex that we’ll never get to see but be reassured that it was “thoroughly explored” but it is high risk and/or some sort of drama to her or the kid’s surrounding it, which prompts House to confide in Wilson who tells House he’s moving or something, House and Cuddy talk about leaving PPTH, there ya go, cliff hanger for the end of season 7 and anixety disorder/PTSD diagnosis for the rest of us as we’ll get no real resolution until September!

• Lara says:

I’d love it if House and Cuddy ‘reunified’ but I don’t see it happening. I think everyone in charge and in the know at [H]ouse has made it clear it’s not happening.

‘Cuddy’s prego from really hot make up sex that we’ll never get to see but be reassured that it was “thoroughly explored”’ LMAO.

Hilarity aside though, it’s almost as unlikely that Cuddy is pregnant.

There’s some crazy stuff happening in the finale from what it sounds like. Hope it lives up to [H]ouse finales from the past.

• Danielle says:

Lara, don’t take this the wrong way, but I sure hope you are wrong, my thinking is that fans were blindsided by a breakup so why not by them getting back together, I can’t help but think that the breakup was hype and the talk about it even when they were togeter was hype for ratings you pay more attention to things/people when the situation surrounding you causes drama than when everything is going smoothly. Hoping for a Huddy ending and a roller coaster ride for season 8, if there is one.

14. Mel31602 says:

The clue says the death will rock one of McKinleys own, so burt and fuminns mom are out because that would affect two students- Kurt and Finn. Same with Figgins, Bieste,or anyone who works at the school. My guess is Sues sister or perhaps one of Wills parents.

• redgarlic says:

Both Will’s parents are dead, he mentioned it in the Christmas special.

• sss says:

They’re not dead, they came to watch him perform when he started his tooyoungtobeamidlifecrisis boy band and he told them terri was pregnant.

• Dee says:

Are you sure? Because we met both of them last season! My guess is that it is a family member of one of the kids. Possibly even a grandparent or even a pet, rather than a parent. I don’t think RM would kill off a parent so soon after Burt’s heart attack, but I could be wrong.

15. C_S says:

Hmm… if those are the scoops for Fringe, some of which we’ve gotten hints at before, then the season’s going to go along the way it has been- with nothing much happening that fans REALLY want to happen. Doubt I’ll come back for the next season.

16. NickC says:

Kill Astrid and Make Agent Lee a team member.Astrid has gotten better but she adds very little to the show other than helping Walter…Kill her.Let the rest live.

17. Cari says:

“The fam flashes back to when Jimmy, then a Goth, turned 18.” That line right there is why I love Raising Hope. I can’t wait to see Goth Jimmy.

18. ToZiKa says:

Who said anything about the death on Glee being someone we have seen before? All I can remember reading, is that it will have an impact on the show and ND. I know that there was something about a beloved person or something like that, but what does that really mean?
    Maybe it’s gonna be one of Rachel’s dads….

19. postman says:

the people on traffic lights should get in a car accident there always. turning there head while they are driving. and they have car phones but they still turn there head when they talk.

20. Courtney says:

My vote is for the end of Finn/Quinn – the only function of Quinn’s character is to be an obstacle to Rachel, and she’s served admirably. She was much more likable when she was knocked up.

Wasn’t Ausiello saying one of the female cast members (not Lea Michelle, he was quick to amend) and she might have to go if she didn’t get her attitude fixed? Santana has too much going on it for it to be Naya Rivera. If I were a couple of the lesser-used cast members I might wonder whether I couldn’t do better elsewhere.

Jesse St. James is an interesting idea, and I think his death would have the potential to affect everyone, not just Rachel.

Karovsky is also interesting. If there’s no conflict with Kurt and him they’re friendly, there’s no reason for him to be around unless. I think the writers have been pretty clear that the character won’t kill himself, but there’s no reason why he can’t die in another way. I would love to have him in the choir room, but I think that is putting an awfully high number of gay characters to deal with the gay issues – I would dig it, but I think they wouldn’t have a lot for everyone to do, what with Kurt, Blaine, and Santana already there.

Max Adler was pretty dark about the possibility of a kid in his character’s position possibly committing suicide, but I don’t know if he would have come out and said that in public if he was about to get knocked off.

The kid’s built a good name for himself on the show. I hope if he is on his way out that this is a great launch pad for the character.

21. Jeri says:

BONES: This is a little off subject but re: Aspergers Syndrome, I remember reading some time ago (years) a psychiatrist commenting about the unrealist potrayal of a person with Aspergers Syndrome on one of David Kellys shows (the one w/William Shatner) and that a much more accurate and realistic portrayal is Emily as Bones. That made so much sense to me, especially the people that think she can’t act but don’t realize she doing a excellent portrayal of a person living and succeeding with Aspergers Syndrome.

• Jason says:

The network wouldn’t allow the producers to create a show with the main character openly diagnosed with Aspergers but Hart Hanson had always had that in mind when creating ED’s character. Thats why it is so similar.

22. Mindy says:

On Fringe a death is strange to think about since most characters have doubles. I find myself actually hoping it is Astrid. Because she has a double. And both Olivias and Walters are important. Peter is important. Broyles double is already dead. Killing Alt Charlie would be cruel. And I just love Alt Lee, so I hope he makes it.

• Rush says:

Can’t imagine anyone leaving. A Universe Astrid is integral as Walter’s lab assistant/wet nurse. Peter, Olivia, and Walter are the heart of the show so none of them could be gone. That leaves Broyles, who’s voice of reason I would miss hearing every week. Could be Nina, but was she ever a trusted and beloved character?

23. Julia says:

Could glee’s death be Blaine? I mean have they still not signed Darren Criss for next season? and what if Rachel and Finn break up?

24. Tracy Murray says:

Me too , Danielle , I do hope for a romantic reunion between those two , but I kind of like the idea maybe both House and Cuddy should lose their jobs and licences ( sp ? ) because of what happened , House could still help the team in an adviser like role like he did for the first couple of season six episodes post Mayfield and take care of pregnant Cuddy who will , if her health permits , also help if needed .

25. Extremely well written article. I loved traffic light also. stay, Please.