Happy Endings' Adam Pally Reveals His Top 5 Reasons to Tune In (Ahem, Topless Cuthbert!)

ABC’s edgy new rom-com, Happy Endings, makes its second attempt at wooing viewers this Wednesday at 10/9c, with not one but two new episodes. To that end, we gave funnyman Adam Pally – who plays the quick-witted Max — an outlet to give potential fans five reasons why tuning in for a late-night helping of Endings will indeed make you… happy. (And one of those just might involve a topless Elisha Cuthbert!)

Adam Pally’s Reasons to Watch Happy Endings (Even If You Tuned In Last Week):

5 | American Idol is long gone by 10 pm, so there’s really not much else to watch.

4 | If you like the repartée between a stocky Jewish guy (me) and an athletic black man (Damon Wayans, Jr.), you’ll love the next couple episodes of Happy Endings.

3 | If you smoke weed and listen to Snoop Dogg‘s first album, “Doggystyle,” at the same as the next two episodes of Happy Endings, they sync up perfectly together. And that is pretty mind blowing.

2 | This week’s guest star is Brett Gelman, and he’s a comedic genius — and he’s standing next to me right now holding a kitchen knife making me say this.

1 | Elisha Cuthbert is topless and it’s uncensored — and even if it turns out that that one’s not true, I would say that at least one million people will tune in just to see that. Even though I’m lying.

Happy Endings airs Wednesdays at 10 pm on ABC. And sometimes twice!

Comments (12)

• Damn you number with number 1

Will still tune in to make sure though

Comment by wcm – April 20, 2011 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Easily the best new sitcom of the season. :) Not quite an accomplishment considering the crappy sitcoms we were served this year (Running Wilde, Traffic Light, Bleep My Dad Says,… and the list goes on), but still – a genuinely funny and charming sitcom. Crossing my fingers for a renewal! :)

Comment by Chmarin – April 20, 2011 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • About the thing at 10pm, he’s prolly not thinking about Deputy US Marshall Raylan Givens.

Comment by Dexter – April 20, 2011 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This!!!

Raylan goes on offensive starting tonight!!! Finally

Comment by luke – April 20, 2011 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First comedy of the season to be funny right off the bat.

Comment by Sourabh – April 20, 2011 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • definitely a fan of this show, not as good as raising hope but still funny. But sadly my favorite show is on at the same time-Justified, so this goes in my DVR pile.

Comment by jacob – April 20, 2011 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought the first episode of this show was horribly unfunny, but it seems from online reviews that I’m in the minority on that front. (The second episode was more entertaining, but still not great)

Comment by XK – April 20, 2011 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m not in love with this show either. Modern Family and Cougar Town sucked me in immediately last year. I mean by the end of their pilots I KNEW that I would NEVER miss an episode of either. But this show, I watched last night and felt “ehh”. I could take it or leave it. I hope it gets better.

Comment by the girl – April 21, 2011 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re not the only one. this show really isn’t funny

Comment by Elaine – April 22, 2011 12:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • its not as funny as Raising Hope or Breaking In
    its trying to very hard to be edgy, but its just not

Comment by SonR – April 20, 2011 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was impressed that it was actually funny, really good, hopefully the network will give it a chance!

Comment by maddi – April 20, 2011 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched the second episode tonight and was pleasantly surprised. The humor isn’t stupid and the cast has very good comic timing. And they seem believable as a group. So much better than a lot of sitcoms on CBS.

Comment by Davey – April 20, 2011 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post