Private Practice Wedding Scoop and Photos: Charlotte's Big Day Will Get 'Very Complicated'!

Charlotte and Cooper’s wedding day will be very much a reflection of the couple’s roller-coaster romance, says Private Practice star KaDee Strickland.

“We’ve had a very big year, the two of us as characters, and [Paul Adelstein and I] as actors have had just a really incredible year with good stuff to chew on,” Strickland tells TVLine. “The wedding episode is no less interesting, trust me.” The actress adds with a laugh, “It’s a lot of fun.”

Airing Thursday, May 5 (the same night that Callie and Arizona are due to trade vows on ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy), Private Practice‘s wedding won’t be without its share of anxiety. “Of course there are hiccups!” Strickland reports. After all, she notes, “It’s Shondaland.”

Since Charlotte and Cooper have endured so much, what glitch could keep ‘em from getting hitched? You may want to cast a wary eye on the episode’s three guest stars — Cristine Rose (Heroes) and John Rothman as the groom’s folks, and Tess Harper (Tender Mercies) playing the mother of the bride.b”The parents aren’t big endorsers of their children’s choices,” Strickland shares, “so it gets very interesting, and very complicated.”

Check out these photos from the potentially perfect nuptials! (With reporting by Vlada Gelman)

Comments (12)

• WOW I love the dress!!!

Comment by Nerwen Aldarion – April 19, 2011 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not only is Addy giving Fife the stink-eye and is sitting across from Naomi and Fife, she’s sitting away from Sam…

And I was seriously hoping that Sam and Addy would stick…. Ugh…

Comment by sladewilson – April 19, 2011 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Charlotte’s dress is stunning.
    WoW Sheldon is short. It really stands out in the picture of them r. toasting.The ladies all tower over him.
    Hope it is a fun wedding!

Comment by Daniella – April 19, 2011 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ooooooooh. Getting closer. I can’t wait for Charlotte and Cooper to be husband and wife. It’s about time. They’ve been an amazing super couple since the first season! They are the main reason to watch Private Practice! GoooooooCHARCOOP!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Petra – April 19, 2011 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love charlotte and cooper and Icannot wait for the wedding. charlotte looks beautiful.

Comment by rebecca – April 19, 2011 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Charlotte looks so beautiful :) I’m really proud of her character and what they’ve done with her. Considering Season 1 she was queen bitch :)

Comment by JDHetherington – April 19, 2011 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Charlotte looks gorgeous! I think Charlotte is probably my most favorite character now that Dell is gone.

Comment by Nan – April 19, 2011 10:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why oh why aren’t Sam and Addison working? Okay, it probably has to do with her wanting a baby, but I thought for sure that they would stick. :( I want them to stick SO BAD!

Comment by Kristen – April 20, 2011 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so very excited that Charlotte & Cooper are getting married. They are the reason I watch this show, I love them as a couple. YAYYY! =)I agree, I like what they’re doing with Charlotte as a character, she’s more well-rounded and she seems more feminine being with Cooper, he’s her prince~ =)

Comment by katie – April 22, 2011 12:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AddiSam are officialy Over :-(

Comment by teniba – April 26, 2011 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I seeing this wrong or is Addison wearing crocs???

Comment by Elizabeth – April 26, 2011 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post