Private Practice Wedding Scoop and Photos: Charlotte's Big Day Will Get 'Very Complicated'!

Charlotte and Cooper’s wedding day will be very much a reflection of the couple’s roller-coaster romance, says Private Practice star KaDee Strickland.

“We’ve had a very big year, the two of us as characters, and [Paul Adelstein and I] as actors have had just a really incredible year with good stuff to chew on,” Strickland tells TVLine. “The wedding episode is no less interesting, trust me.” The actress adds with a laugh, “It’s a lot of fun.”

Airing Thursday, May 5 (the same night that Callie and Arizona are due to trade vows on ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy), Private Practice‘s wedding won’t be without its share of anxiety. “Of course there are hiccups!” Strickland reports. After all, she notes, “It’s Shondaland.”

Since Charlotte and Cooper have endured so much, what glitch could keep ‘em from getting hitched? You may want to cast a wary eye on the episode’s three guest stars — Cristine Rose (Heroes) and John Rothman as the groom’s folks, and Tess Harper (Tender Mercies) playing the mother of the bride.b”The parents aren’t big endorsers of their children’s choices,” Strickland shares, “so it gets very interesting, and very complicated.”

Check out these photos from the potentially perfect nuptials! (With reporting by Vlada Gelman)

1. Nerwen Aldarion says:

WOW I love the dress!!!

2. sladewilson says:

Not only is Addy giving Fife the stink-eye and is sitting across from Naomi and Fife, she’s sitting away from Sam…

And I was seriously hoping that Sam and Addy would stick…. Ugh…

3. Daniella says:

Charlotte’s dress is stunning.
    WoW Sheldon is short. It really stands out in the picture of them r. toasting.The ladies all tower over him.
    Hope it is a fun wedding!

4. Petra says:

Ooooooooh. Getting closer. I can’t wait for Charlotte and Cooper to be husband and wife. It’s about time. They’ve been an amazing super couple since the first season! They are the main reason to watch Private Practice! GoooooooCHARCOOP!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. rebecca says:

I love charlotte and cooper and Icannot wait for the wedding. charlotte looks beautiful.

6. JDHetherington says:

Charlotte looks so beautiful :) I’m really proud of her character and what they’ve done with her. Considering Season 1 she was queen bitch :)

7. Nan says:

Charlotte looks gorgeous! I think Charlotte is probably my most favorite character now that Dell is gone.

8. Kristen says:

Why oh why aren’t Sam and Addison working? Okay, it probably has to do with her wanting a baby, but I thought for sure that they would stick. :( I want them to stick SO BAD!

9. katie says:

I am so very excited that Charlotte & Cooper are getting married. They are the reason I watch this show, I love them as a couple. YAYYY! =)I agree, I like what they’re doing with Charlotte as a character, she’s more well-rounded and she seems more feminine being with Cooper, he’s her prince~ =)

10. teniba says:

AddiSam are officialy Over :-(

11. Elizabeth says:

Am I seeing this wrong or is Addison wearing crocs???