TV Land Developing Hot in Cleveland Spinoff Starring Cedric the Entertainer

Get More: News, Scoop

TV Land is expanding its Hot in Cleveland franchise via a spinoff starring Cedric the Entertainer.

The cable net confirmed on Monday that it is developing the potential series, which would find the actor-comedian playing a minister. The character will be introduced to viewers during Cleveland‘s upcoming summer run.

Cleveland creator Suzanne Martin is shepherding the project. “Cedric is hilarious and I’m so happy to do this show with him,” says Martin. “We are going to have a lot of fun developing and exploring his role as a minister.”

Comments (8)

• Uh.

Comment by Michael – April 18, 2011 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dahling, I ADORE Cedric The Entertainer! I do hope this show does justice to his many talents. (Am I the only person who misses his variety show?)

Comment by madfashionista – April 18, 2011 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Count me out. Not a fan of his. At all.

Comment by Sue – April 18, 2011 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • April Fools!

Comment by Tyler Volz – April 18, 2011 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish this was a joke, it sounds just awful. I understand that they are using “HiC” as a springboard for this to be successful, but why tie this drek to a great show!?

Comment by TheFool – April 18, 2011 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully it’s as uproarious and hilarious as Retired at 35…that way I won’t have to worry about missing any laughs when I don’t watch it.

Comment by Buffy Freak – April 18, 2011 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Horrific idea. But I think Hot in Cleveland is pretty lame.

Comment by Tom – April 18, 2011 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I understand that they want to run off of the success of Hot in Cleveland but they could have found someone funnier than Cedric. He’s not funny at all. What is the appeal?

Comment by Jerry – April 19, 2011 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post