Running Wilde, CHAOS: Sad Fates Revealed

Wondering when or where or if you’ll ever see the remaining episodes of Fox’s Running Wilde? Curious about the future of CBS’ underwhelming CHAOS? Well, we’ve got some good news — and not so good — for you.

Effective immediately, CBS has pulled the plug on midseason series CHAOS after just three outings, TVLine has confirmed. For the short-term, CSI: NY repeats will air in place of the spy dramedy, which starred Eric Close and Freddy Rodriguez. And in two weeks time, Canadian fan fave Flashpoint will fill the Fridays-at-8 void with new episodes.

Meanwhile, as we all knew, Fox’s Wilde will not be returning for a second season, but fans of the short-lived comedy from Arrested Development scribe Mitch Hurwitz and funnyman Will Arnett have this to hold onto: FX will air the series’ four remaining episodes beginning Thursday, April 28 at 10/9c.

Are you sad to see either of these series go? Happy about the return of Flashpoint? Hit the comments and let us know!

Comments (57)

• This is the best TV news I heard all day long and CBS can’t do anything about it ’cause of their dreaded primetime schedule.

Comment by Kevin – April 18, 2011 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked the idea of CHAOS, not to mention Eric Close, Freddy Rodriguez and Tim Blake Nelson. However, it just wasn’t that good–not funny enough, and not serious enough. It just made me miss The Good Guys even more.

Comment by Melinda – April 18, 2011 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Good Guys, or Terriers, or Life, or anything with half a brain and a weird sense of humour.

Comment by S. Reesa Herberth – April 18, 2011 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Chaos had a good premise, but the execution fell short. Too bad, because I really like Eric Close, and I could listen to the guy with the Scottish accent all day long.

Comment by mgbhighlander – April 18, 2011 09:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • When they put a show on Fridays, it is doomed before it starts.

Comment by Cindy – April 19, 2011 12:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • DON’T TAZE ME BRO!!!

Comment by Mikos – April 18, 2011 10:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i loved the show seems like most of the shows i like get cancelled just means less time i watch tv so i guess they doing me a favor cancelling shows i like

Comment by laura – August 10, 2011 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m disappointed that CHAOS isn’t being given any chance at all. I thought it was a lot like Moonlighting used to be. Naturally a how I really liked is getting the axe before it even really gets out of the gate. Boo CBS.

Comment by shannon – April 18, 2011 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I DON;T KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH CBS THEY ARE ALWAYS SWITCHING SHOWS AROUND AND THEN YOU DON;T WATCH THEM, AND THE NEXT THING YOU KNOW THE SHOW IS CANCELLED. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE CREW FROM CHAO HAVE ANOTHER CHANCE. LOOK AT WHAT HAPPEN TO FLASHPOINT NOW IS A HIT

Comment by JOAN – August 9, 2011 03:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the Breaking News on Running Wilde

Comment by The Lost Apostle – April 18, 2011 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yessss! Flashpoint Fridays are BACK!

*does happy dance*

Comment by Eline – April 18, 2011 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay…Flashpoint is back..Do not really care that the Running Wilde or Chaos is cancelled. I tried to watch Chaos because I love Eric Close, but just could not get through it.

Comment by P.J. – April 18, 2011 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of course the first night that Flashpoint is scheduled to return there is a Royal Weddng special…Ugh!

Comment by Pam – April 18, 2011 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • .________. I never even heard of Chaos before reading this article.

Comment by Allie – April 18, 2011 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Both shows were bad, Running Wilde more so. They will not be missed.

Comment by Jon – April 18, 2011 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was kinda enjoying CHAOS, so this news is sad. However, I am THRILLED Flashpoint is returning!

Comment by Mikaylah – April 18, 2011 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was hoping CHAOS was going to be the Chaos of Maxwell Smart fame…bad guy agents.

Comment by Andre – April 18, 2011 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CHAOS was fun and had potential. It would have made a great summer show (a la USA’s programming). It’s a shame that networks won’t allow a show to grow, but rather want instant hits. (Three episodes?)

Comment by Tempest – April 18, 2011 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree! 3 episodes, really? How can yo guage anything on 3 episodes. Especially since that was a down time for most shows and people just weren’t watching TV.

Comment by Erica – April 19, 2011 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad Flashpoint is back!

Comment by Karrie – April 18, 2011 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Flashpoint! At last, some good news!

Comment by tazzy – April 18, 2011 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked CHAOS, and canceling after only 3 episodes just isn’t cool. Can’t stand Flashpoint, never found it interesting to watch, thanks CBS, you truly suck……..

Comment by Ed – April 18, 2011 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with Ed. CHAOS should be picked up by another network. CBS didn’t promote the series or air it long enough for the full potential of a bigger audience.

Comment by Terry – June 11, 2011 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love that Flashpoint will be back found Chaos to be annoying.

Comment by stacey – April 18, 2011 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Flashpoint, but I really hate that they just air new episodes so randomly – they’re so easy to miss!

Comment by Rachel – April 18, 2011 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Chaos” had no room to grow. Averaging 5.8 million viewers and a 1.0 in the demo doesn’t show potential. As much as I hate to say it, “Glee” averaged around 8-10 million and high 2′s and low 3′s in the demo in the first season. There you see growth potential (as evidence by season 2). “Chaos” could only go down from there.

Comment by Jared – April 18, 2011 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A shame about Chaos, but it really didn’t start well, or continue well for that matter. Starts out doing office humor and then they’re doing a serious rescue for hostages who could starve to death? Just didn’t flow well. Doesn’t help that the writers apparently forgot Rick was pursuing a relationship with. I was seriously confused come episode 3…

Comment by Peter – April 18, 2011 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Big fan of Flashpoint! Happy to see it come back for another season. I also hope to see a second season of Rookie Blue!

Comment by Elyse – April 18, 2011 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Season Two of “Rookie Blue” hits ABC this summer.

Comment by Jared – April 20, 2011 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shame about CHAOS. I’ve enjoyed the 3 eps that aired and was looking forward to more. Silly me. 90% of the shows I like get cancelled. I’m just not surprised anymore.

I’ve been saving entire seasons of some new shows just to see if they get cancelled. No point in getting invested if they’re gonna get axed.

Comment by Alex – April 18, 2011 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing exciting about the return of Flashpoint since CTV already aired all the “new” episodes here in Canada months ago.

Comment by Chad – April 18, 2011 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to see the final four eps of Running Wilde but I don’t get FX. Dammit!

Comment by AlistairCrane – April 18, 2011 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I knew Chaos wasn’t going to make it. First one was funny but not enough. Shame cause I like Eric Close. Love the fact Flashpoint is coming back. That is a great show!!!!

Comment by Barb – April 18, 2011 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m very disappointed about Chaos. I watched all three episodes and was really looking forward to more. I loved the cast. Some real potential there. Networks want instant mega-hits. A show like the excellent “White Collar” wouldn’t have lasted a month on a network. I keep saying I’m not going to watch another network show (since it will just be cancelled) – this time I mean it. Note to new show creators: If your show is character-driven, quirky, unusual and has the look and feel of a cable show, go to the channel where characters are welcome.

Comment by Lynn H – April 18, 2011 11:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So unfair about CHAOS getting the boot after only airing three episodes this is very wrong!!!! CBS did not even give it a chance, come on air all 13 episodes.

Comment by Victoria – April 19, 2011 03:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait til they cancel Flashpoint! Screw CBS, definately done watching new network TV, if its not geared towards the retarded reality demo, it has no chance anymore.

Comment by F CBS – April 19, 2011 05:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked Chaos. I think it needed some time to settle in and develop but I thought it was a good show with some good actors.

Comment by Karen – April 19, 2011 05:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Disappointed about CHAOS being cancelled, but not surprised. Hopefully, if they actually made additional episodes, CBS will make them available online as NBC did with The Cape.

Comment by absherlock – April 19, 2011 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sad to see CHAOS go. Not surprised, because it was on CBS, but still sad. I loved the cast and enjoyed the premise. I really wish it had been given a bit more time to flesh things our and gain an audience. This show would have fared much better on cable.

Comment by Christian – April 19, 2011 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was starting to like CHAOS. I agree with the comment that it would have made a fun summer series. They didn’t advertise it much, either. If you are launching a new show on Friday nights, you need to promote it. I saw one article and very few ads. It was nice having a show to watch before Fringe. Can they find another project for Gio and the Scottish guy? I think I would tune in to hear the Scottish guy read the phone book. :)

Comment by alice – April 19, 2011 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The “Scottish guy” is actually English, and his “Edinburgh” accent is woeful *lol* That was the thing I found most distracting of all about it, even if I was starting to love it.

Comment by Alison – April 22, 2011 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • if u’d like to see more of james murray (billy, the ‘scottish’ guy), check out the 1st 2 seasons of “primeval” on bbc america….

:0D

Comment by kristy – June 23, 2011 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am sorry to see CHAOS go. I really enjoyed it. I don’t see how 3 shows is enough to judge.

Comment by jerri – April 19, 2011 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really liked CHAOS and am sad to see it go, but thrilled Flashpoint is coming back on!! I wish CBS would give this show a full season and a better time slot than Fridays at 8:00. With the exception of the excellent Blue Bloods Fridays are the kiss of death of any show playing on Friday nights!!

Comment by Kathy – April 19, 2011 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CBS should swap the time slot with Hawaii Five O…. move to Monday night and along with the comedy, may get better rating…
    personally, i perfer CHAOS over the CSIs…

Comment by Fan – April 19, 2011 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Been waiting for Flashpoint to come back. I love Hugh Dillon! Yum!

Comment by DotDotDot – April 19, 2011 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Argh! I’m so mad they canceled Chaos! I was really starting to like it. They never really gave it a chance from the start. They put it on Friday nights with very little advertising and promotion. I really hope that they at least decide to air the remaining episodes at some point in the future although it doesn’t seem likely.

Comment by Sheikia – April 19, 2011 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chaos was an enjoyable show, and the main thing, it was getting better by leaps and bounds, every episode. I hope it finds a home on the USA channel, if not renewed. The suits should let this show grow a year, like they did with All In The Family. I loved watching it, and Fridays were fun with something to look forward to. But I also loved Life, Journeyman, My Own Worst Enemy, Life On Mars, The Good Guys, etc. I guess people like me need to just be glad there are a few episodes of our type of show. My main gripe is leaving a show with cliffhangers. My main hope is that Chaos will be given another chance. Hopefully, some significant family member or other is a fan, and a suit or ceo of google or somesuch will keep it going. We are getting the final year of Criminal intent L&O with our favorite leads, so hope will never die. I am a firm believer in posting power.

Comment by prish – April 19, 2011 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While I’ll be happy to get Flashpoint back, I hate that it’s at the expense of Chaos before the fledgling dramedy even got a chance to find it’s footing. I miss the days when series got a whole season to find their audience.

Comment by GeekGirl13 – April 19, 2011 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was just getting into Chaos, too, woefully bad Edinburgh accent notwithstanding.

It’s a tricksy business, getting too into new US shows – I loved Night Stalker and Moonlight too, and they both got trashed. Boooooo, I say! At least show the episodes that have been made!

Comment by Alison – April 22, 2011 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched CHAOS faithfully for 3 weeks with my son & daughter, and was sad when it didn’t air last night as scheduled. If USA picks it up, I will definitely watch it there. Friday night is CBS’s death slot (Fox uses it as a death slot as well) so CHAOS never really had a chance. I’ll bet it would have done better on a Tuesday or Wednesday night.

Comment by Eagles79 – April 23, 2011 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chaos is still on on Saturdays around 8 i think :)

Comment by Loki – July 9, 2011 10:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved CHAOS… it was well developed, but the fact that it was aired out of order would ruin it for some people…. I would love to see a second season of CHAOS because it is reallllly Awesome. the whole cast was amazing and the plots were all new. A fabulous show that i was sorry to see go.

Comment by IB – July 24, 2011 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really liked CHAOS as well! What a shame it wasn’t given a chance. The cast of characters was unique and interesting. It was a good combination of action with comedy thrown in. The writer’s were doing a fine job, as were the cast. I think it would have only became better! I hope a it can get picked up and become another hit for USA network, along with The Closer and Burn Notice. I had just set it up on the downstairs TIVO, so my husband could check it out. Too little, too late I guess. I look forward to seeing how Eric’s former co-star Poppy does on her new show “Unforgettable” this fall.

Comment by Kari – September 6, 2011 11:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stupid majors give us more quality. Ratings are not everything in TV… Give us back CHAOS!

Comment by TV is dying – August 1, 2012 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CBS bring back CHAOS, GIVE THEM A CHANCE, not all series give a big bang at the 1st season hell you can still change some of its scripts but the concept is great.. dont treat a great paintinv like just a piece of paper with scribbles in it. Pls bring back CHAOS . I MISS casey, rick, dorset and billy…..

Comment by lorie – September 9, 2012 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post