Exclusive

Amber Tamblyn on Bittersweet House Departure: 'I Didn't Want To Go'

In the end, Martha Masters just couldn’t play House. Yes, on Monday, Amber Tamblyn’s season-long run on Fox’s medical drama came to an end when her by-the-books character spent a painful day playing by Dr. Crankypants’ rules — in other words, none. While the PYMD’s fate was left up in the air, Tamblyn’s next step is pretty much set in stone: The Joan of Arcadia alum is developing a new Fox series with House exec Katie Jacobs and The Wire co-creator Ed Burns that will find her playing a public school teacher. Just hours before her swan song aired, the actress explained why she opted to not permanently call House home and revealed what Hugh Laurie did that brought her to tears. (No, the nice kind of tears… You’ll see.)

TVLINE | Do you think House drove Masters out of the medical profession or just Princeton-Plainsboro?
That’s a good question. It’s left open… I think she is going to still practice [medicine]. At the end of the day, she just couldn’t do what House does.

TVLINE | House creator David Shore has made no secret of the fact that he would’ve loved to have kept you around full-time. At what point did you decide you were going to leave to pursue this new series with Ed Burns and Katie Jacobs?
I’ll be perfectly honest. The three of us – me, Katie Jacobs and David Shore – were talking about doing something together. That was the original situation. And it just seemed kind of impossible for David to be working on more than one incredible show [at the same time]… I didn’t really want to separate myself from either one of them. I think they’re both so fantastic. But realistically, we knew it was not going to be able to work out that way, so Katie and I got his blessing and went and did our own thing… Thirteen episodes was always what I signed up to do. That was the plan all along. I never had any intention of staying longer than 13 episodes. That got really emotionally difficult toward the end because I didn’t want to go. But Katie and I fell in love with this other project and I knew the time was right.

Exclusive: Is Robert Sean Leonard Leaving House?

TVLINE | Was there ever a moment when you considered sticking around?
I don’t think I could’ve. I like to jump around a lot. I feel this way a lot about projects. I felt this way about Joan of Arcadia, because people were really upset about that ending and they always ask and I always say, “I think it’s better to have two really fantastic seasons of television than… Who knows what would’ve happened after that?” I don’t like to get comfortable where I am. I think it’s dangerous to be too comfortable in what you’re doing.

TVLINE | Which of your House castmates will you still be friends with five years from now?
All of them. I text all of them almost every day. Peter Jacobson does not save my number, so I’ll text him something and he’ll be like, “Who is this?!” And I’m like, “Your worst nightmare, jerk.” Even Olivia [Wilde]. I only worked with her for a week but she’s so awesome. We’ve been texting back and forth. We’re going to try to do dinner next time she’s in town. I really had a Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz moment. I felt like I was coming out of some amazing dream that I’m sad is ending. But I’m also excited because I get to take one of those people from the dream and make a new dream.

House Renewal Drama: Where Do Things Stand?

TVLINE | Did you get a nice send-off?
Hugh Laurie asked me if I wanted to go get drinks after work one day, and I said, “I’d love to.” So I put on my best red lipstick and went to meet him for drinks and he had rented out a restaurant and thrown me a big surprise going-away party. Everybody was there. It was like this whole sit-down dinner. And Hugh gave this really sweet speech about us working together. I was in tears. It blew my mind. And this was on a work night too. I think that’s a pretty rad send-off… No one’s ever done that for me. I called my boyfriend afterwards crying because I was really touched by it, especially since I’m not a main cast member.

1. David says:

Say what you want about the direction House has taken quality wise but Hugh Laurie is a class act and deserves at least one Emmy for his seven seasons of house.

• Andy says:

True. But after this season his chances at winning are slim to none. I am not sure he’d even get a nom. Season seven was (is) too big an embarrassment to endure. Really sad.

• Liz says:

True words.

• Mikos says:

An embarassment? No, you may not like some of the directions the show is gone in but it’s hardly an embarassment. The longer a show goes on the more invested people get and when the show changes anything some people accept the change and others don’t. A show that lasts seven years goes through this several times and viewers slide away. Natural television erosion.
        And Hugh Laurie’s chances at a freaking emmy nomination are great to a lock. Sadly though he’ll always be fighting against some cable tv darling who can swear.

• sashay says:

Yeah, I don’t always like the direction an individual show is taking or even the entire season, but I don’t take it personally and become full of rancor and bitterness about it. I don’t understand why so many of these people become so heavily invested in what is essentially, an entertaining TV show with some educational aspects. It’s as if they don’t have a life outside of this show!
          That said, I’m really going to miss Amber. I didn’t watch Joan so I didn’t have any preconceptions of her coming in, and I’ve been really impressed by what she’s brought to Masters personality. I’m going to miss her.

• Debbie says:

I’m sad to say that I agree.

• deedeedragons says:

I know but the longer it goes on the LESS chance it will be, the Emmys have a history of this particularly with drama, there are many examples probably most famous is Angela Lansbury.

• karen says:

I agree with you 100%.

• Hugh( not really) says:

Bring Back Jennifer Morrison

• House I agree is a class act.I don’t know how he is going to beat this character. He truly is the character you love to hate.He plays it with such style.This is going to be one of those shows I”m going to hate to see come to an end, each year I hold my breath hoping it’s not the last season.

• Emgee says:

Masters grew on me in the last few episodes, despite being an even more extreme version of Cameron. I was very pleased with her last episode on the show and loved the way they once again returned to the motif of “you can’t always get what you want.”

Others may disagree, but I think House is as good as , if not better than, it has ever been. House is a character who has always been static and unchanging. These past two to three seasons he’s actually been moving in a direction that he is trying to change, or at least experimenting with what change might be like, and it makes for great viewing.

• Lucie says:

You know, I actually liked the idea of House and Cuddy but thought it wasn’t done right. They lost some of that spark and chemistry when they wrote them together. They lost a lot of the witty banter. They lost that feel of being equals. If they do get them back together, they should try to do it right next time. The things they did were fun and funny, but it lacked depth and was very light on the things that made House and Cuddy an intriguing potential pairing to begin with. They’re both strong, passionate, intelligent, driven people. We’ve seen them spar and circle and melt the screens in earlier episodes. We’ve seen good pain between them like when House poked her with a sharp stick or in the episode where Cuddy lost Joy. I haven’t seen that level of writing much between the two this season. Which is surprising. It’s almost like, well, it’s almost like the writers weren’t putting the full effort into it like in the past.

I liked Masters and am sad to see her go. Tamblyn is a fine actress and I wish her the best. I wish they would have developed her character better. They made her too simplistic and almost like a caricature. So it was hard to get into an episode about her leaving when the writers didn’t make you care enough about her in the first place.

I thought the story she shared about Hugh throwing her a surprise party was sweet.

Re: Jennifer fans, to this day I still feel bad for them for losing their favorite character like that.

• Pam says:

I totally agree with you, love the show, though I thought I’d like House to have a girlfriend…liked him better w/out. Maybe a different style GF. The love interest was a good idea, but somehow was too too sweet? Not sure that’s the right word. Still a house fan and will always be a Hugh Laurie fan.

• Roo says:

Whatever happens with House (ultimately), Hugh Laurie hasn’t a concern in the world as to what he’ll do next. How could he? He is so multi-talented…it’s just very difficult to imagine him speaking in his native accent, acting as anything other than the awesome character he has created/perfected as House. The writers are coming up with more & more gritty, surprising stories you have to admit.

• cate says:

I have been such a loyal fan…until this season. I accept shows changing things but this show has been so LAME this season. It is a disappointment!!!

• Mike M says:

I feel bad saying anything negative about House because I’ve loved the show so much, but this season has stunk to high heaven. They turned it into a night time soap opera. I have hopes that they realize their mistake, however, since in the past two episodes they have all but ignored the House-Cuddy connection. I’m willing to forget it ever happened it they are.

• Brendon says:

Agreed wholeheartedly

• Dean Terrell says:

Everyone should watch this show. It brings out a lot of emotion. Just don’t dwell on the House character taking pain medication. Most disabled people take pain medication and that does not make Them addicted. A person’s body gets addicted to these pain meds. If you do not take the medication, whether you hurt or not at the time, your body goes through withdrawals. Even if you try to stop taking the pain medication, the person has to gradually taper off, or it could kill them. In my case, I have tried to get off of my Narcotics, but my pain is so bad that my doctors tell me that it is a bad idea. Sure, some people can do alternate treatments, but others can not. We call these medications our happy pills sometimes. It is just a way for us to handle the fact that we can’t do without them. Most doctor’s, not all of them, prescribe them to use because we need them. They also drug test us to make sure that we are not mixing them with illegal drugs. Our drugs are legal, because a doctor who cares about our pain prescribes them to us. Believe me, most doctors try therapy and other treatments to help us, before having us rely on medication.

• Ric says:

2 Golden Globes
      1 People’s Choice Award
      2 Satellite Awards
      2 Screen Actors Guild Awards
      1 Teen Choice Award
      2 TCA Awards

These are for House. I think he has done all right. Plus 5 Emmy nods. Not bad at all.

• Bob says:

The Golden Globes and Screen Actors Guild awards are pretty much up there with the Emmy. The rest are all fluff awards. The gold standard is the Emmy. My guess is if he doesn’t get one while the show is on the air, he’ll get it the September after the it leaves the air.

2. Mikaylah says:

That was an incredible sweet gesture by Hugh Laurie. I love Amber Tamblyn and would love to see her headlining her own show again. :)

• KuJo says:

Please. You really think that it was done out of the goodness of his
      heart?

More like a pathetic gimmick to try and stir up semi
      good publicity about the show

• James says:

KuJo, anyone who’s familiar with the extensive body of Mr Laurie’s work from Peter’s Friends to Blackadder to all of the shows he’s done with Stephen Fry knows he’s a class act and he does stuff like this all the time. Just because it isn’t always reported until years afterwards, often in biographies or autobiographies, doesn’t make this a publicity stunt. Although the House character is someone people love to hate, the real life Hugh Laurie is one of the nicest people in the industry – ask anybody who’s ever worked with him.

• sadtroll says:

James, KuJo’s post was either a troll meant to arrouse negative responses or he really means it and has a dismally cynical view of the world. Both are very sad but you shouldn’t validate it with responses either way.
          Unless you’re Hugh’s mum, then feel free to stick up for your boy ma’am.

• mawk1213 says:

SO TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stacie says:

This is typical of a viewer I know that when my daughter was in a play Florence Nightingale she played the little sister and people were telling her that she would get the boy next time…people have a hard time separating fact from fiction.

• Gail says:

I hope you remember this is a TV show and all the actors are not really their characters…Have you meet Hugh Laurie?

• Emgee says:

I agree with James. Hugh Laurie didn’t do this for publicity. After all, the only people who will know about it are those who watch the show and pay attention to the behind-the-scenes stuff. Ask someone who doesn’t watch “House” if they heard about “what Hugh Laurie” did for Amber Tamblyn and the answer will be “no.”

It was not a publicity stunt.

• R K Savage says:

Yes I believe the party he gave for Amber WAS out of the goodness of his heart and not for publicity since it was NOT publisized and the only reason we know about it is because Amber told us about it in the interview. Which she did not have to.

• Sylvia says:

Don’t reduce his good gesture to a ratings gimmick. People that work together get very close. It’s not far out at all to think he’d throw her a party. She is after all from show biz royalty as Russ Tamblyn is her dad. She’s a good actress on top of that. Shame on you.

• LST says:

Sounds to me like your screen name is appropriate, you’re probably as rabid as Cujo in the movie.

3. RP says:

Hugh Laurie really sounds like one of the most stand-up guys ever.

4. KuJo says:

Yeah. Everyone on House is class act.

You can really tell how classy they are when
    Jennifer Morrison was forced out.

• Sally says:

My thoughts exactly. And Jennifer Morrison was there much longer, a big part of the success with a huge fanbase. No one is save on that show. Well, let’s face it, MMM was never supposed to be there for longer than a season, so…

• ally says:

Did she even get a send off party like this? I never really thought about it, but you’re right, she was there longer and I don’t remember reading about Hugh, or anyone else from the show, doing anything like this for her. Sad.

• sadtroll says:

What’s sad? That you didn’t read about it or that you don’t think things happen without you reading about them. Nevermind, the internet sucks.

Amber relays story about suprise goodbye party Hugh throws for her
          =
          Those aholes didn’t give Jennifer Morrison a sendoff party.

• LOLTROLL says:

They would have released tons of stories and pics if it happened – but it didn’t happen. Obviously. If you believe anything else, you’re quite gullible.

• Liz says:

Maybe they didn’t like her. Maybe she didn’t like them.

• Layla says:

I didn’t like Cameron and was glad to see her go, but I do feel bad for JMo and Cameron fans that a temporary character and actress got a much bigger send off. Auseillo and AT are talking like she had been on the show for years.

I agree with LOLTROLL, if JMo had had a party it would have been mentioned. They got a lot of bad flack from fans and the press when she left. If there had been a party TPTB would have made sure everyone knew.

I’m not judging anyone for not giving her a party. There are a lot of reasons they may not have. I just think if I were JMo I’d feel a little hurt by this. If I were a Cameron fan I’d be bothered that her character didn’t get a special Cameroncentric episode like Masters did.

• Sally says:

Nope, no party, nothing. So much for class act.

• maggie says:

Jennifer Morrison technically still is connected to the show. She is signed for a number of episodes and they can call her back at any time to do them.

That said, we don’t know what they did when Jennifer did her last episode. We only know about Amber’s party because she told the interviewer about it. If she hadn’t mentioned it, we would never know. It wasn’t a publicity event, so there aren’t any photos on entertainment websites. It could be they had something for Jennifer but we just never heard about it.

• Layla says:

JMo said that House no longer has first rights to her. She said in an interview back in August that she could go back if she was free and they wrote a story for her, but if she was doing a movie or TV show she wouldn’t go back. Since she is now under contract for the new show she’s doing a pilot for she wouldn’t be available to do House.

• Matt says:

Amber Tamblyn also didn’t get engaged to, then split from, a castmate. That tends to lead to awkwardness, not sendoff parties.

• mawk1213 says:

really? she was engaged to a cast member in real life I didn’t know that. was it the guy who plays chase or someone else?

P.s. don’t think I am a dweeb lol just don’t keep up so much with the real lives of the actors/actresses all that much.

• maggie says:

Jennifer Morrison was engaged to Jesse Spencer who plays Chase. By the time their characters got married on the show, they had broken their engagement in real life.

• Layla says:

That only explains JS not attending a party for JMo. Why would everyone else snub her. I thought they had split more than a year before she left, that’s plenty of time for the awkwardness to subside.

It might be because she never had an official last episode. They were keeping it open for her to return or at least wanted her fans to think she might come back.

Still at my job I got a send off when I went on maternity leave and they expected me to come back in a couple months.

• sashayG says:

Good point. I hope that stops these inane comments in their tracks, but it’s not likely. Can’t believe viewers are arguing about whether her co-workers threw a party for Jennifer, and if not, why does it matter? Some people here need to acquire a life!

• Alterio says:

Well this just proves that Jennifer Morrison wasn´t loved by the other cast members. Now the thing is…are they just ass***** or she wasn´t as likable as she pretends to be? I mean, when nobody gives a s*** about you maybe you are the one who has the problem.

• Diana says:

Ok, I enjoy the show a great deal, but I think you guys are too worried about Jennifer Morrison & whether she got a party or not. And come on, these actors are not their characters. They are real people in the real world. Is it that big of a deal? It’s not like any of us know them personally or anything. It’s entertainment…

5. Dj says:

I hate she had to leave. She made the show so much better. I’m not sure if I want to watch it now that she is gone and 13 is back. I kind wanted her to stay for good and for Olivia to leave and not come back.

6. Corinne says:

Is it just me, or does anyone else think Katie Jacobs should be worried that Amber Tamblyn doesn’t want to stick around a job for too long. I would be nervous developing a show around a person who doesn’t like lengthy commitments. But don’t get me wrong, I like her as an actress, one of the only good things about this season.

• Melissa says:

My thoughts exactly, lol. I’d be nervous if she was happy with only 2 seasons of one show, and 1 season of another…but great actress :)

7. Katie says:

Did anyone notice that Jennifer Landon played her roommate tonight? I totally didn’t recognize her with dark hair and had to go back and check.

8. Wins says:

Yes, the dark hair threw me off for about five minutes.

9. Mindy says:

Hugh Laurie is a class act. What a nice thing to do for her! Glad she enjoyed the experience so much.

Hugh Laurie works so hard on this show. And he is continually great, even when the show is awful. I truly wish he had won an Emmy for this. Though, I guess the 2 SAGs are a nice consolation prize.

10. Suds says:

Wow i cant believe Hugh did something nice for someone and then he gets slated for it on a stupid Ausiello page? How pathetic of you guys, just because no one has ever thrown you a party…

11. Doc says:

What a sweet gesture by Mr. Laurie. I’m touched and I wasn’t even there. He is a class act in every way. Everything you read about him is positive in the way he treats people. He earns the respect he gives to others, which is why everyone seems to love to be around him on set. When your leader is a class act, it is infectious. I liked the difference Amber Tamblyn brought to the dynamic of the show. The ability to annoy and captivate fans with her character just proves her worth as an actress.

12. booger says:

You guys pretty much suck. Go watch some more Snooki or Robsten already.

13. SnazzyO says:

I kindof agree with Amber T. – do something well and leave them begging for more rather than overextend your welcome.

Watching House last night I thought the message was clear: Masters ESCAPED! And playing “You Can’t Always Get What you Want” was pert-near perfect.

This was a House episode at it’s finest IMO. The conversation w/ Chase – his admission that he has changed but not necessarily for the better. Spot on! Masters realizing that if she didn’t escape she would be sad and miserable the rest of her life. House letting her go — there are more “human” moments to House since he went through treatment and his relationship w/ Cuddy. I don’t know if the show producers mean for us to see this, if this is HL’s approach, or what.

I’m still mad at House for having Cuddy drop him as hopeless. I’m not a big believer in hopeless. I’m not a huge Huddy fan but I hated her rationale and I hated him getting back on Vicodin. It just seems like he’s made no progress. THEN, last night when he let baby-bird escape. To me, THAT was real progress. He drew back in 13 & Chase & Foreman & Taub. But Masters? He seemed to admire her brilliance and let her go – even admired her for it. THAT was awesome.

And I agree- HL is a class act.

• Alicia says:

Wish DS would make up his mind. His mantra is “people don’t change,” yet obviously they do–not always for the better–for they even had Chase admitting to it last night. I guess the only person who can never change is House…

As far as “Huddy” goes there’s an interview with DS on spoilerTV where he basically admits House and Cuddy weren’t going to work out because he didn’t want them to.
      Before the relationship even got started ‘”one of the directives was less smiling.” David States he “never wanted to see either of them just content and happy.”‘
      So it’s pretty disingenuous for DS to say that they “tried” to make it work, when the storyline was deliberately hampered all along.

14. Yuri says:

Does anyone know if Jennifer Morrison got a farewell party too? Not trying to stir up anything, just honestly curious because I didn’t read many interviews/articles about her leaving.

• Matt says:

Never heard anything, and with her relationship with Jesse Spencer having ended as well, I doubt there was a “let’s party” mood going on around the set.

15. Mark says:

I thought she was one of the best parts of this season and I really didn’t want to see her go. I’d love to see her return.

16. JOSH says:

DEXTER SEASON 6 SCOOP PLEASE!!!
    DEXTER SEASON 6 SCOOP PLEASE!!!
    DEXTER SEASON 6 SCOOP PLEASE!!!
    DEXTER SEASON 6 SCOOP PLEASE!!!
    DEXTER SEASON 6 SCOOP PLEASE!!!
    DEXTER SEASON 6 SCOOP PLEASE!!!
    DEXTER SEASON 6 SCOOP PLEASE!!!

17. KC says:

Just like a bunch of internet twats to take a nice gesture and turn it around into a slap in the face for someone else. We have no idea what happens behind the scenes. Grow up and stop being bitter.

18. astrid says:

Did Jennifer Morrison get a party too, when she was forced to leave after so many years? It`s a justified question.
    Cameron was in opposite to 3M a very important of Houses team and she got a super crappy exit. Sorry Hugh Laurie, you lost me as a fan. This season proved one thing that this show is far away from his great days (and no i don´t say it because JMo is not a part of the show anymore). This show shines with bad and over the top writing. It became totally unbelievable and yes 3M was one example. Her character was ridiculus.
    I highly doubt that even hugh Laurie will get an emmy nomination. There are so much better written characters/actors on other TV shows these days.

19. Renee says:

Awww. That was incredibly sweet of Hugh. I haven’t watched House in several years, but I really love Hugh Laurie.

20. Chris says:

I just want to say to Kujo, Hugh Laurie has an always be a great guy. During one filming of a House season one of the lighting guys was being bullied by someone else from the backstage crew or something and Hugh just stopped filming and had a go at this guy and then went to talk to the lighting guy to make sure he was okay, Hugh is a Legend!

21. Deej says:

I know I’m going to open a can of worms here, but I just have to say I didn’t really care for Amber’s character in House. Something about her just really rubbed me the wrong way, and it wasn’t her inability to lie, it was more the total awkwardness in her acting. I just couldn’t get into the facial expressions, she seemed just too over the top to me…. Please don’t slam me, just my ipinion…..

• nina p says:

at last someone who agrees with me on this

• Ava L says:

I didn’t care for Masters either. She was a little too cliche for me. So I’m glad she’s finally gone. Too bad she didn’t take Cuddy with her. So incredibly sick of her. Wish they’d get rid of her next.

22. Jen says:

Not one season of House is an embarrassment. If you think so, you were never a fan.

23. Cynthia A Monarrez says:

I like the show i will like to de in a sean.

24. jen says:

I thought it was a great episode last nite. Honestly, I’m glad Amber decided to leave. Eventually, House seems to have a negative effect on his team, so I’m glad Masters left in tact. Loved the end scene!

25. Craig H. says:

What irks me the most about all the people panning the show for how bad its gotten fail to remember that with the FORCED cast changes over the years, the writers have HAD to adjust, and that will create inconsistencies over time. They’re doing a great job with the unfortunate hand they’ve been given, and it is sad to see MMM go just as her character matures, but at the same time, it will be nice for the secondary core characters to get back together and interact.

Give them a chance. Let’s see what they can do.

26. John says:

Thank goodness, the show is already going down the drain with the story. The show needs to take a new direction and focus LESS on personal life with the characters and focus primarily on the medicine. Let’s face it, we could use less information on the characters because, what else is there to know about them that would add to it? Any relevant information that is vital to either the story, or to the characters can easily be added in without having directly revolve around it for two to three episodes. Masters, in my opinion, was ruining not only the show because of her characters portrayal of being TOO kind, and honest, making what the show originally stand for by being pro medicine and facts, and it’s deceptive ways of figuring out each case. Also, what happened to the beginning of each episode, we would always see a new case develop with a random person having something horrible happen to them, which would lead them right to House. WHERE DID THAT GO?!?!!? The show needs to stop experimenting by taking different directions and stay on track from where it initially deviated from, which was focus on the patient/medicine, and then incorporate little personal life side stories on the side.

• Kahl says:

Here here!! Nicely put sir. It’s starting to turn into ER…life drama revolving around a hospital. That’s already been done once, or twice if you wanna consider Grey’s Anatomy exciting television. What happened to those exciting medical mysteries with House being concerned with the medical puzzle and figuring it out? Rather than most of the episode revolving around trying to figure out what makes 13 tick and ways to annoy Cuddy and Wilson. That’s okay for an occasional episode to spice things up, but when it becomes a recurring theme….

Tamblyn might have made a good career choice if she recognized the direction the show is heading and decided to get out while people are still interested, because, lets face it, once it’s only House in name and not in substance the fan base will die away faster and faster.

• KevS says:

RIGHT ON !!!

• Bill Krupar says:

Excellent comment — I couldn’t agree more — but how many more life threatening illnesses can they make up?

27. O'Brien says:

Amber did an awesome job. Tip of the ol’ hat

28. Fay says:

Say what you’d like, but House rocks!! It had me from the very first time I saw it…just LOVE his nasty remarks and sense of humor. It’s almost like “things you’d like to say but can’t.”

29. Trish says:

Do any of these people (and I use that instead of the word I want to use) ever read. Does it even matter if J Morrison got a send off party? She has a pretty sweet role on How I Met Your Mother. Also, she was engaged to Jesse for I think 4 yeears and then they broke up. Hugh Laugie is a fantastic actor who plays in band with jessie, James Denton and others that proceeds go to charity. If you do not like House then just do not watch it. It sounds like you guys are more American Idol fanatics anyway. House is and probably always be one of the best shows on TV. My only question is why Robert Sean Leonard has not won awards. Fantastic actor also.

30. Allie says:

Cuddy is a MUST–WILSON is a MUST–and Dr. HOUSE completes the TRIO. Please keep your mean comments to yourself. If you do not care to watch then just turn the channel. None of us needs to read your profanity or harsh remarks that don’t belong. Thank you. It’s a great show. Looking forward to many more seasons.

31. BillyD says:

I understand how some people could be worried about the show. I don’t think there is much room for any of the characters to evolve anymore. Everyone is like House, and House is a blander House. I still watch every new episode and love every minute of it, but I too am worried that the show is needing to add/keep fresh characters like Amber Tamblyn or wrap it up for the sake of a great show ending as such. One comment to make that is actually on point though: if you like bouncing around, TV cameos, theatre, and movies seem like a better choice than starting a whole new TV show. Just saying.

32. nina p says:

Amber Tamblyn sounds just like someone I know: One day she doesn’t even know this let’s call it “important group of people” and the next day she’s acting like everybody’s best friend, or at least trying to be with them all the time. The fact she’s been text messaging with all castmates and the line about the red lipstick were so irrelevant that they were screaming “LOOK! I was on House! Look at me! And I even have the luxury of turning the show down, when they want me in it like crazy! Aren’t I a lucky b*tch?”…

And doesn’t it sound a bit weird that Jacobs and Shore were allegedly planning to start a new project with her, out of all people? Why not with somebody they’ve worked with for years, like Hugh Laurie or Lisa Edelstein for instance? Well, it sounds a bit funny to me ;)

I’m also glad that Thirteen is back and Masters is leaving House. I never liked her as a character, she was boring and annoying (not to mention the terrible clothes that were chosen for her – really, have you seen many doctors in stilettos and mini skirts? She couldn’t even walk in those clothes and shoes, ffs. And her legs looked so funny. Cuddy’s wardrobe is a bit too much for a Dean of Medicine, as well, but at least she looks good in it)

• nina p says:

I forgot, the episode where Masters fell in love with a guy with stinky feet, whose end we never really got to know (was he treated? did he die?)… what the heck was that??? The character was acting as if she was on acid or something.

• Lula says:

I assume DS and KJ aren’t planning projects with HL and LE because they are already working on a project with them. House would have to be cancelled before HL can do another show and Cuddy would have to be written off House first.

33. BB says:

I like that Amber is finished with this role!
    I loved Cameron and hope she will reappear at some point.
    Season 7 however is usually the time to expect that they will end the show soon.
    I love House and I will watch every episode until they do stop but since they have started pulling away from it’s original concept, rehabbed House and focused on relationships between characters more than the actual brilliant, drug addicted diagnostician… It has become a very long hour of wondering why the writers did that?!
    Even the ‘Housism’s’ aren’t as brilliantly funny or wise.
    I look forward to Thirteen (Dr Hadley) taking over her place on the team again and hope they quickly return to the original concept.
    I gotta add to the thoughts about Jennifer Morrison here… I would rather see Cameron back and Chase can go. I’ve had all I can take of him.

34. Roscoe says:

I have loved House since it’s inception. Unfortunately, this year the show has definitely “Jumped the Shark!” The writers are obviously getting bored and lazy. The show has lost it’s edge. The Masters character was weak and insipid. I won’t miss her at all. Good to see 13 back. What happened to Cuddy and Wilson? Have almost faded into the background. The stupid song & dance routines earlier this year were embarrassing. A real low water mark for this once great show!

35. Carol says:

I think Masters would have been a good addition to the team. We have more of the same? I love them but I think they need someone different in the group and I don’t mean, ethnicity, education or gender. Just different way of being! I’m affraid it might be more of the same for the next season.
    Bring her back or someithing like her!
    Carol

36. Nam says:

It really does feel like a slap in the face to the Cameron/Jennifer Morrison fans that she got nothing (that we ever heard about anyway) after all her years there. I find it hard to imagine that behind the scenes she was hated by her coworkers so much that they all but flipped her the bird on her way out the door. To this day she still speaks highly of her former cast mates and her time on the show.

And to anyone who thinks her departure had anything to do with her breakup with Jesse Spencer, I would strongly disagree. The two of them still tweet each other, like friends. There doesn’t seem to be any animosity there.

It’s just so bizarre how she was suddenly and unceremoniously dumped. I really wish we had an explanation.

Loved Amber Tamblyn in Joan of Arcadia, and I hope she finds another project of that caliber.

• maggie says:

Just because we never heard about anything doesn’t mean they didn’t do something for Jennifer. There wasn’t any publicity about what they did for Amber. We only know about it because Amber mentioned it.

37. Afan says:

Who cares! I love the show…but why get caught up in the “why didn’t she get a party.” Geez if he did a nice thing, great, if he didn’t who cares. They are actors…just doing their jobs, right?

38. Magnus says:

I like the show but it went downhill after House all of a sudden does not need pain control to function. It turns out it was all in his head. What a bunch of crap that was. I’m on a controlled morphine pain pump. I can’t function without it. It does not get me high. There is no way in hell I could get off it.

39. Mayra says:

She’s so sweet! I won’t miss Masters, cause she’s boring as hell ,and we have Thirteen back, bur I’ll miss seing Amber. She is adorable.

40. Rygar says:

Too bad Amber Tamblyn is leaving.I watched the first two seasons of House and then got bored. I quit watching until this season. I really enjoyed Joan of Arcadia so watched House again to see how Tamblyn would be with the cast. She was great. Now, no reason to keep watching.

41. janice says:

I love this show. Never missed an episode. I think they should just keep doing what they’ve been doing, it works
    Don’t pay attention to all these ignorant comment. People are always going to run their mouths, even when they have no idea what they r talking about. Its just the nature of the beast. I love all about ur show and wish u an endless amount of years to continue and be the best. At least its not another reality show. Love and koodles to all involved in thia show
    God bless.

42. Cass says:

None of it matters, I thought the show was great. House is an amazing show for some. Love from Chicago!

43. katie says:

I love the comments by the “fans”. However some people must have been having a bad day or really think the characters are the same people they are in real life. I would like to see how many of you negative nellies could do what these people do for a living. Boo hoo somebody didn’t get a farewell party. How would u even know that. Just because they were no pics. Try evaluating yourself before you re so quick to critique others.

44. katie says:

Jennifer Morrison is on How I met your mother now and I love still watching her on television.

45. tasha says:

Dude house is the best show out there most shows don’t even go pass two seasons but “house” went for seven seasons that’s great he should win something!!!

46. Audrey says:

Love [H]ouse! Last night’s episode was a bit boring though. I really think they should focus episodes like these on their more interesting characters, like House or Cuddy or Wilson. They need to have House and Cuddy work things out and get back together. I’d like to have a Chase episode next season more along the lines of The Mistake or Damned If You Do. And if Jennifer Morrison isn’t picked up for that pilot, they should bring her back. Not to the team because that would be too boring. They should bring her back to the ER. And develop the team more. They’re all too much like House now. And they are still single and mostly in the same place they were when they started the show. Where’s the character growth and development for everyone?

Looking forward to the rest of the season. :)

47. Anna says:

I love Amber, I watched Joan of Arcadia and I loved it–did anyone else notice the actor who played her love interest (Adam) was the creepy serial killer in the episode a few weeks ago? It was great seeing the two of them on screen again!
    But I’m so glad Olivia Wilde is back, I’m a huge fan of hers and if Amber has to go, at least we still have Olivia.
    I will definitely be watching Amber’s new show. Great news, very exciting.

48. BK says:

After reading this post I would like to say that I liked the character that Amber played. It would have been nice to see House become more realistic as a Dr. though. I have been ambivilent this season and only watched about half of the episodes as too much time was given to extraineous House life, leaving the rest of the cast to manage the medical problems.

49. DH says:

nothing wrong with this season … it has rocked and shown how creative the writers and actors can be. I think House has plenty in store for us still and Hugh or perhaps others will get that emmy…

50. Dokey says:

A few months ago a friend who had a meeting in NYC walked into a bar/restaurant before boarding the train home. She sat at the bar to eat. A man, alone, was sitting at the other end and smiled at her, saw she was also having dinner and asked her to join him. She knew the man was Hugh Laurie; you know those eyes. He was very kind, they had a nice conversation and he paid for her dinner. No come on. Just nice. Publicity for throwing a cast member a going away party? He’s obviously a good guy who enjoys making people happy. As to this season, All In The Family wasn’t perfect and what a run that had. Hugh Laurie is a class act. Cynics can choose not to watch. Ah those eyes.