Glee Scoop: Will and Emma… Reunited?

It sounds like Glee may close out its second season on a high note — at least for ‘Wemma’ fans. At UCLA’s Jonsson Cancer Center Foundation benefit honoring Showtime president David Nevins over the weekend, Matthew Morrison hinted that a reunion could be in the cards for the star-crossed lovebirds.

First Look: Will Sue’s Legion of Doom Destroy New Directions?

“Toward the end of the first season, we really pushed [the Will and Emma romance],” Morrison told TVLine. “I think the same thing is going to happen at the end of this season. We’re going to see that build.”

But first, several obstacles need to be cleared out of the way. Among them: Holly Holliday. “I think Holly and Will are going to take a turn for the worse,” Morrison said of Tuesday’s all-new episode, Gwyneth Paltrow’s last Will’s crush. “Come on, it’s Gwyneth Paltrow. She lives in London, so you can only get so much of her. So yeah, this will be her last episode. But I’m hoping she gets to come back for Season 3. That’d be great.” (With reporting by Vlada Gelman)

Comments (90)

• First!

Comment by Richard – April 17, 2011 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think you missed a SECOND obstacle and his name is Carl, Emma’s HUSBAND!?? If Emma gets with Will, I will truly lose all my respect for her character.

Comment by Pall – April 17, 2011 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hmm..if they never consumated the marriage..are Carl & Emma even technically married?

Comment by Nermal – April 17, 2011 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What is this, the 1800s?! Of COURSE they are legally wed regardless of whether they’ve f***ed~

Comment by AlistairCrane – April 17, 2011 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I believe they can get it annulled though. Or they’ll end up getting a divorce. Either way, the show made it pretty clear they’re over.

Comment by Becca – April 17, 2011 09:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Exactly. Carl is an obstacle, but one they have ALREADY started dealing with

Comment by Sarah – April 18, 2011 10:25 AM PDT
          • Also, As long as Will stops being a man-ho, he and Emma will be wonderful together. He has always cared about her and I think she has always cared about him, they just had to do their own thing for a while. I am all for them ending up together and since it is a tv show afterall I am sure there will be plenty on bumps along the road

Comment by Sarah – April 18, 2011 10:30 AM PDT
          • Yes, if you don’t consume the marriage, it’s a legal ground for getting an annulment …without too much of a hassle.

Comment by Jen – April 18, 2011 10:34 AM PDT
    • :O Wemma r ment 2 b 2geva isn’ it obvious :P

Comment by Princess – August 3, 2011 03:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what about a Finn and Rachel reunion?

Comment by Jo – April 17, 2011 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Finchel = Worst.Couple.Ever

Comment by hola – April 17, 2011 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wemma= only a couple for old people

Comment by Lily – April 17, 2011 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m a Wemma fan and I’m only 14 ;)
          Oh, and Finchel also rocks! :D

Comment by frimi – April 17, 2011 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • What are you, twelve? They’re hardly old.

Comment by Jacob – April 18, 2011 01:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Are you kidding!? Finn and rachel are the reason I watch….oh and for wemma and brittana! Yea for wemma! Finchel is next! Love it!

Comment by Michele – April 17, 2011 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • What the heck? I can barely read this sentence for all it’s nicknames. The Groff is coming back so Finn and Quinn can go do whatever.

Also, Emma getting married was incredibly dumb. It never ever progressed past “Obvious Roadblock Gimmick” and barely even succeeded at that since Will has been on the show for about 1.5 seconds per episode lately.

Comment by L – April 17, 2011 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Last season, Groff egged Rachel. I doubt there will be any reunions there and the last episode made it perfectly clear that Finn/Rachel are far from over.

Comment by Kris – April 17, 2011 10:02 PM PDT
      • I wish it were possible to “like” comments on here. +1

Comment by Dana – April 17, 2011 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WEMMA!

Comment by Nicole – April 17, 2011 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well since it looks as if Carl/Emma is done in episode 19 I can’t wait for the wemma!

Comment by MC – April 17, 2011 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • :O! This just made my day!

Comment by Tami – April 17, 2011 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh. Not even counting where she’s married, I’d really prefer they not be together. Yeah, Holly can’t be in every episode, but I like her way better.

Comment by Day – April 17, 2011 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WEMMA. So glad to see Gwyneth go, it’s been nice but she’s worn her welcome! So excited for Wemma to get together!

Comment by Rachel – April 17, 2011 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES!!! I have been waiting for this all season! That being said, I wonder how they’re going to explain away Carl…

Comment by Taylor – April 17, 2011 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for he epic Wemma moments coming up. Now that Carl’s out of the picture and Holly will soon be. Will and Emma have the best chemistry on the show.

Comment by Nicol – April 17, 2011 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who cares about the grownups on this show? I’m technically a grownup and I couldn’t care less! Can’t you please get some scoop on Brittany and Santana? That’s the most heartfelt romance on the show and the only one I find myself rooting for at the moment.

Comment by Chloe – April 17, 2011 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Who cares about Brittany and Santana. A dumb blond and bitter bully fall “in love” in highschool. Wow. Bored!!!!!!

Wemma is the reason why lots of us watch the show. They’re the show’s OTP and the writers clearly love them. Thankfully.

Comment by Santana sucks – April 17, 2011 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wow really? Wemma isn’t the show’s OTP. Finchel is.

And this is coming from someone who hates Finchel because Finn is an idiot and Rachel deserves someone intelligent.

Britanna is more than a boring story. lol. What a joke. They are one of the more complex relationships on the show.

Comment by D – April 17, 2011 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Um your wrong Ryan, Ian, and Brad have stated that BOTH Finchel and Wemma are the core couples of the show. Get your facts straight.

Comment by Cindy – April 17, 2011 09:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • In most of the articles that were released around the Finchel break-up, Ryan said that Finchel was the show’s core couple and that wouldn’t change. I’m sure Will/Emma are one of the show’s endgame couples but I really don’t think they classify as one of the show’s core couples when Emma is barely on screen and their relationship is rarely addressed.

Comment by Kris – April 17, 2011 10:06 PM PDT
        • In an interview RM has stated Will/Emma, Finn/Rachel, and the rivalry between Will and Sue are CORE to the show. So suck it hater.

Comment by Nancy – April 21, 2011 11:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I disagree. I’m nineteen and Will and Emma are my favorite couple on the show.

Comment by Lauren – April 17, 2011 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m in the same position so..! ahah Emma and Will are really sweet, and they deserve to be together :)

Comment by SMC – April 25, 2011 04:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Wemma and I’m 20 guess I’m crazy old.

Comment by Brit – April 17, 2011 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wemma is where its at!

Comment by Tommy – April 17, 2011 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woo go Wemma! I love them so much! Can’t wait!

Comment by Kevin – April 17, 2011 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow people need to chill and feel the wemma love.

Comment by Nicky – April 17, 2011 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Wemma in the first season, but seriously gurl, you left the guy to marry a hot dentist who really loves you and gets you out of your comfort zone and now you wanna get back to Schue??? Unbelievable. I’m so angry.

Comment by june – April 17, 2011 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Get some Wemma, get it.

Comment by KC – April 17, 2011 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY. I love Will/Emma and can’t wait to see what happens next with them.

Comment by Sara – April 17, 2011 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOO LOVE WEMMA SEE YAH LATER TOOTHY AND GP!

Comment by Carly – April 17, 2011 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m Team Terri and I wanna see that little snot Emma DESTROYED, so I’m pissed!

Comment by AlistairCrane – April 17, 2011 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I will go to the animal shelter and get you a kitty cat. I will let you fall in love with that kitty cat. And then on some dark cold night I will steal away into your home and punch you in the face.

Comment by Sue Sylvester – April 17, 2011 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Stop the violence.

Comment by Brittany S. Pierce – April 17, 2011 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It’s actually spelt “Brittany S. Pearce”. No “i”.

Comment by AlistairCrane – April 17, 2011 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Sorry. I get my information from Woody Woodpecker cartoons.

Comment by Brittany S. Pierce – April 17, 2011 07:54 PM PDT
          • But Brittany would totally misspell her name so it’s correct.

Comment by Kris – April 17, 2011 10:09 PM PDT
      • I approve. Terri FAKED A PREGNANCY FOR MONTHS. if Emma is a “little snot”, then Terri is a lying snot.

Comment by Lynn – April 18, 2011 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AHHH WEMMA! YESSS!

Comment by tina – April 17, 2011 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HELP! THE HOT DENTIST DRUGGED ME AND HAS ME LOCKED IN HIS BASEMENT! MS PILLSBURY IS HERE TOO, BUT SHE’S ALREADY STARVED TO DEATH. HELP US! HELP! OH GOD HE’S COMING…

Comment by Santana – April 17, 2011 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! I love Wemma! Can’t wait until they return!

Comment by Jackie – April 17, 2011 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Be still my Wemma heart.

Comment by Kelly – April 17, 2011 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh Wemma how I’ve missed you. I can’t wait to have you back :D

Comment by Tracy – April 17, 2011 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think my cat’s reading my diary.

Comment by Brittany – April 17, 2011 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t like Finchel. Fuinn is where it’s at.

Comment by samantha – April 17, 2011 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re the only one who thinks that way.

Comment by Kris – April 17, 2011 10:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wrong. I love Quinn. Her relationship to Sam was silly. The way Finn reacted to her kiss (fireworks) is the way I want to feel when I meet the right girl.

Comment by Oz – April 17, 2011 10:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not a single Klaine comment? I’m stunned. STUNNED!

Comment by Myriad – April 17, 2011 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can I have Dr. Carl for myself then? K thanks. :P

Comment by Anita – April 17, 2011 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blah. I find Will and Emma boring. They have no chemistry! I haven’t been happy with Glee in awhile and was thinking of taking it off my DVR. It may be official now.

Let me know when Will/Terri have scenes and Finchel get back together. I’ll hulu those moments.

Comment by Melanie – April 17, 2011 09:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SQUEE WEMMA!!

Comment by Jane – April 17, 2011 09:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES FOR WEMMA, MY FAVORITE COUPLE ON THE SHOW!

Comment by Lizzie – April 17, 2011 09:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome Im so stoked for what is coming up for Wemma. Fave couple for sure.

Comment by Helga – April 17, 2011 10:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My Wemma heart is beating so strong right now. :D

Comment by Naomi – April 17, 2011 10:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WEMMA MY LOVES!

Comment by Sammy – April 17, 2011 11:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG I can not wait for Will/Emma! I love them so much!

Comment by KAT – April 17, 2011 11:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Wemma is like my favourite Glee couple! I am excited!

Comment by Raksha – April 17, 2011 11:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cannot wait for what is coming for Wemma, it is LONG overdue.

Comment by Amanda – April 18, 2011 01:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love me some Wemma! I’m so excited for the last 6 eps! WEMMA FTW!

Comment by ZZ – April 18, 2011 02:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for the 6 episodes so many good stuff for Wemma.

Comment by Emily – April 18, 2011 02:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WEMMA FTW!!! BYE HOLLY, THANKS FOR BEING A TOOL!

Comment by Wemmalova – April 18, 2011 02:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I personally like Wemma and can’t wait for them to get back together but I hate what the writers are doing with Will and Emma this season. They are going back and forth with every character – not just Will and Emma – and it’s not consistent. I don’t understand why Emma even married Carl in the first place. I’m excited to see Will and Emma get back together but I’m dreading what the writers’ are going to come up with to do this. The only one that has stayed partly true to the first season in Ian Brennan and he doesn’t write near enough episodes as he should.

Now I may just be biased in my love for Ian Brennnan but that’s just because he gave us the most epic pairing – in my opinion – Puckleberry. I know a lot of fans ship Finchel but just think about what Finn has done. I know Puck isn’t perfect and I know he’s messed up A LOT. And yes, Puck is a jerk but he’s honest about it. Everyone knows he’s an ass and it doesn’t try to hide the fact that he’s not a nice guy of the time. As for Finn, he’s a sneaky jerk. He pretends to be a nice guy and he’s all charming and goofy – yes, I did like Finn at one time – but he’s a class A douchebag.

It seems like Ryan Murphy is just at it for the money at this point and doesn’t even care that half of the stuff he writers makes absolutely no sense. Ryan and Brad need to step back and let Ian take over for a little while. Maybe he would be able to salvage what is left of season two.

Comment by Puckleberry Juice – April 18, 2011 05:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree 100%. I would love a Puckleberry reunion!

Comment by Angela – April 18, 2011 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY WEMMA!!!!! So excited for the final 6 episodes….looking forward to some good Will and Emma scenes finally!!!!

Comment by Meg – April 18, 2011 05:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally, some Wemma development! Final
    6 is gonna be good!!! Hell yes Finchel, Jesse, Prom and Nationals! Woooo!

Comment by F! – April 18, 2011 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Will and Holly together!! those 2 have chemistry! holly is fun and emma is boring! i love emmma but not for will! used to want them together but not any more! not since holly came in to the picture!! and i am so glad Groff is coming back!!!! wish he would stay! there is a voice i have missed badly this season!!!

Comment by Lisa – April 18, 2011 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Than your about to be depressed in 24 hrs when Will and Holly break up. So say goodbye to the tool for Wemma. That is all she ever was, Wemma is where its at.

Comment by Angela – April 18, 2011 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Unfortunately, I cannot get into Wemma because seriously, Emma’s huge bug eyes just freak me out.

Comment by Lucia – April 18, 2011 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love me some QW Qw Wemm Wemma on the shiow, best couple.

Comment by Asia – April 18, 2011 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sooooo happy!!! I love Will and Emma!!! My favorite (should be) couple on TV!

Comment by Abby – April 18, 2011 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait. I love Wemma. Good-bye Carl and Holly, you were ‘nice’ guest stars.

Comment by Lauren – April 18, 2011 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post