Ratings: Nikita Warms Up, Reiser Opens Cold

Bubble show Nikita was able to enjoy a bit of lovin’ this Thursday. With both Grey’s Anatomy and CSI taking a knee, The CW’s spy drama drew 2.16 million total viewers and a 0.8 demo rating, gaining 21 percent and 14 percent, respectively. Also helping Nikita‘s renewal mission was an elevated lead-in, as Vampire Diaries (2.79 mil/1.3) itself saw a small bump.

Vampire Diaries Exclusive First Look: Meet Present Day Klaus!

Elsewhere this Thursday:

8/7c | American Idol‘s results show drew 21 million viewers and a 6.3 demo rating, on par with Pia’s ejection episode. Placing fourth behind ABC’s Wipeout and CBS comedy repeats, NBC’s Community (3.5 mil/1.4) was down 22 percent, while The Paul Reiser Show premieerd to just 3.3 million people, with a 1.1 rating. Curbed enthusiasm, indeed.

American Idol Recap: There’s Only One Sure Way to Get Him to Go

9/8c | Bones topped the hour — and was the night’s most-watched scripted program — with 11.9 million viewers (up 6 percent), while its 3.7 rating marked a 12 percent week-to-week gain. Will Ferrell’s arrival brought to The Office (7.7 mil/3.9) double-digit increases, which set up up Parks and Recreation (5.23 mil/2.6) for modest bumps of its own.

Rate the New Office Boss: Good, Bad or Just Ferrell?

10/9c | A repeat of The Mentalist (10.8 mil/1.9) dominated, while NBC’s sitcombo of 30 Rock (4.5 mil/2.2) and Outsourced (3.54 mil/1.7) trounced Private Practice‘s own rerun.

What did you watch this Thursday?

1. Rachel says:

YEAHHHHHHH NIKITA!!!!!!!!!!! WoooooO!!!!!!!!!! So happy its up! *power of Mikita* Hahahahah no really…
    <333 BEST SHOW EVA!!! CW… lets sign those papers for Season 2 right about now! Lolol

2. jrs says:

Paul Reiser is NOT funny…has never been funny…will never be funny. Dumba** NBC programmers.

• luke says:

Seriously NBC come here to TV LINE pick a number of us readers here and will come up with a better programming for you, and will do it for a fraction of pay…

3. t.t says:

Nikita was awesome last night! and vampire diaries was epic and explosive!

4. Chmarin says:

Poor Community. If the show wasn’t already renewed, I’d think this was the end.

5. Jason says:

That’s because Paul Reiser is terrible. Perfect Couples was one of the best, consistently funny shows on TV and it got canned. The fact my Thursdays are burdened by Outsourced and Paul Reiser instead of Vance and Amy makes dislike NBC more than I already did. Get it together guys.

6. Lex says:

YEAHHH!! Nikita was awesome last night!!

The show deserved a second season! i has everything: the cast, crew and the most loyalty fans!!

7. Bob says:

NBC tried to get a cheap version of Curb Your Enthusiasm, and they even blew that. Uggghhhh, that was HORRIBLE!!!

8. Fido says:

Nikita was great – particularly Alex’s saving her life with her selective truthness.
    Community was ok, The Office left me cold, Reiser :meh: and I also watch Gillivers Travels (Jack Black) <- now THAT was a painful experience.

9. Dee says:

Yay for Nikita!!!

It is a great show and it is truly under-rated.

Hope it can keep and improve upon those numbers.

10. XK says:

Thank god Community already got its season renewal.

My approach with the show is just to be grateful for every episode of inspired lunacy that we get… I’m shocked they made it into season 2, and even more so that season 3 became a reality. Shocked, but happy. :) Even when the show misses the mark it’s still more entertaining to me than almost anything else on network tv.

• Ashley says:

Agreed, 100%! I’m trying to think of it with the same glass-half-full philosphy that I do with that other sitcom gem, “Arrested Development”: don’t lament the few years it’s on, just be grateful for every hilarious episode.

11. RP says:

Go Nikita! And screw the Paul Reiser show, Perfect Couples was hilarious towards the end.

12. ggny says:

did nbc really think Paul Reiser could carry a tv show? this isnt the 90s no one cares or probably even knows who Paul Reiser is

13. MGL says:

Nikita was fantastic! It really is a good show. The action, the romance, the drama…. I do not understand why there are not more viewers. I am curious to see how it compares to Gossip Girl and 90210 when they return with new eps.

14. Sarah says:

I don’t watch Nikita, but I did last night just to see Devon Sawa. If they made him a regular, I might have to become a full time “Nikita” viewer. He’s so good (and hot).

Also I completely agree with the Perfect Couples love in the comments. It’s the only show I’m truly upset about getting cancelled (probably). The last few episodes were literally laugh out loud hilarious, and the cast has found their rhythm. Such a bummer it wasn’t given a chance to blossom.

15. maryann says:

“Nikita” is a truly excellent series. There are few dramas on tv that are able to combine the elements of the plot, interesting character development, action and beautiful art direction.

Half hour comedies aren’t funny anymore because we are all so “polictically correct”, the writers are afraid of offending anyone and everyone. “All in the Family” would never make it on the air today. It’s a shame, we’re afraid to laugh at ourselves.

16. Rasheed says:

Paul Reiser Show has some potential. The only character they really need to work on is the short blonde guy. Perfect Couples had some good bookends, but everything in between was horrendous and/or dull.

17. Nikitafan says:

THANK GOD for better ratings!!!! Sooooo happy Nikita’s ratings went back up last night. Was really surprised when last week’s episode had such a low rating given how intense it was. Thought it would’ve had the highest all season. Ah well Devon Sawa and Shane West and Maggie Q were amazing in last night’s episode. Some of those action sequences made me cringe lol. Hope they weren’t too bruised from doing the stunts in filming. Now let’s keep this rolling and get the ratings even higher people! We need a second season of Nikita!

18. Stew says:

La Femme Nikita >Nikita BY FAR.

I have tried to watch it, but it is so sub-par compared to the original.I guess if you have never seen the original, you would not know what you are missing.But if you did, then you know! Peta & Roy IMPO, had so much better chemistry and acting ability.

Please cancel that sub-par remake of a great series

• Rachel says:

Dude, srsly. You need to shoosh. If you like LFN (which i have indeed seen it btw – and it was ok too) better – than GREAT. Good for you. But to say that our show (those of us that prefer this version of Nikita) should be cancelled just because YOU *ONE certain individual* doesnt like it – is just rude and selfish. Go watch your LFN DVD’s in peace and let us have our AMAZINGLY PRODUCED, ACTED and EXECUTED show… and try learning to be a less self absorbed. *rolls eyes*

• Annie says:

No, just don’t, La Femme Nikita sucked, I watched (not my happiest moments). But, I would never say that it should be cancelled. This is a really bad thing to say.

19. AWmC says:

soooo glad for NIKITA!!! loooove the show and definitely deserves to be renewed!! brilliant writing, acting and an excellent cast!

20. bfmama82 says:

Yay for Nikita! Thank god for Mikita! LOVE this show and I hope it continues beyond even season 2. I think it started off the season a bit slow and cheesy but it has gotten REALLY good in the last 5-6 episodes…great character development, plot twists and of course, Mikita!

I watched the old Nikita with Peta Wilson and I honestly don’t remember it much so I’m not really comparing the two. I really like this Nikita for what it is and love Maggie Q and Shane West as the leads.

21. Kel says:

Wanting a show canceled because you don’t care for it is childish. Sorry Stew, but you’re sounding like the little girls that spam every blog wanting any Shonda show canceled because Meredith & Derek didn’t get their fake baby.

I’m glad to see Nikita do better but I’m unsure it will stick when Grey’s returns. Its also still dropping 50% or so of W18-34 from its Vamp Diaries leadin. Not good retention at all in my opinion.

22. Nikita != LFN srsly says:

23. Kelly says:

Why is no one talking about how fabulous Parks and Recreation is? Seriously…one of the best comedies on TV right now. People should be tuning in for that and not The Office, which has been off the mark for awhile.

24. tvh says:

alrigghtt NIKITA!!! keep it up n higher! loooveee the show!