Law & Order: Criminal Intent Scoop: Julia Ormond to Unleash Goren's Demons

Law & Order: Criminal Intent is getting Det. Goren some much-needed help.

Julia Ormond is joining the 10th and final season of CI as Dr. Paula Severin, a police psychologist who will be conducting mandatory sessions with Vincent D’Onofrio’s tormented cop.

Exclusive: Meet Criminal Intent‘s New Captain

The Emmy winner is set to appear in all eight episodes of the show’s farewell season, which premieres on USA Network on Sunday, May 1.

Ormond’s TV resume includes arcs on Nurse Jackie, CSI: NY and the HBO pic Temple Grandin, for which she picked up an Emmy for best supporting actress.

1. Tania says:

I can’t wait to see Bobby Goren again. Missed him during last season. Yay!

2. Kim says:

Why does it have to be the final season? NO ONE can get inside the head of a killer better than Det. Bobby Goren on Any other cop show! He is the best! And will be and has been missed terribly!

3. Dav says:

I’m excited to have the original team back on TV. Go Goren and Eames!! But why not bring back Dr. Olivet? She is a L&O staple and has been on all three shows.

4. Tam says:

Horray! So happy to have Kathryn Erbe back on my TV screen! Go Eames!

5. Jackson says:

Love Goren and Eames! Best L&O duo since Logan and Brisco.

6. Kathleen says:

Goren and Eames are the best cops ever on TV! And they deserve more than one more season!

7. Carmen says:

Hay como me gustaria ser la dichosa a quien Goren (EL AMOR) me cuente sus penas y acurrucarle entre mis brazos!!! Realmente estoy de acuerdo NO tiene que ser la ultima temporada, es una serie buenisima y una gran pena que la finalizen, no hay series parecida a ella, ni siquiera LOLA, Por favor granven mas temporada, estoy cansada de esas nuevas serie con personajes que son brutales, muy agresivos o con poderes extraordinario,Necesitamos a Goren!!!

8. maggie says:

I’m so happy that Goren & Eames are back! I hope the ratings are so good that this isn’t the last year. The original L&O gone, LOLA continues to be a disaster, and L&O:SVU is getting more outlandish. Good to have at least one L&O to look forward to.

9. Joyce says:

Brilliant! I’m so excited to have Goren and Eames back. And I’m happy Goren will be getting some help. These two fictional characters are so wonderfully written and acted that it really does matter!

10. Patti says:

So glad to see this show’s original pair coming back to wrap up the series. I have missed Gorem and Eames, they truly had a chemistry that is hard to match in a crime drama, especially in the L&O universe (others that come to mind are Elliot and Olivia on SVU, Tutola and Munch, SVU, and Briscoe and Green on the original L&O). Best arch nemesis was with Nicole Wallace, hands dowm, she was close to being his intellectual equal. I will miss this dhow when it goes, but it hasn’t been the same since USA took over the production of it.