Vampire Diaries Exclusive First Look: Meet Present Day Klaus!

You’ve seen The Vampire Diaries’ olden-day Klaus, thanks to Zap2It. And now, thanks to — hey, me! — you can feast your eyes on Joseph Morgan’s Big Bad after he gets his modern-day makeover.

Katherine’s worst nightmare, as personified by Morgan, is expected to first appear in Mystic Falls on April 21 (after making his presence very much known in other ways starting tonight). Once Klaus settles into his own skin, all bets are off.

So, on a scale of excited to hyperventilating, how much are you looking forward to Morgan’s debut as Klaus? Sound off below.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: First Look, News, Previews, Scoop, Spoilers

1. Will says:

Hyperventilating!

2. Shahnaz Yasmin says:

he doesn’t look scary but i think that was the intention. gah i can’t wait!!

3. Michelle says:

Well, this is…better. Still a little on the fugly side. Maybe he’ll be better in action?

• JJ says:

The actor isn’t very photogenic to be honest. I’ve seen him in Ben-Hur and he’s very handsome. But he has a more unconditional bone structure, so he’s not the best looking in photos. Oh, plus he has an amazing voice/accent so that probably adds to the appeal.

• elizabeth says:

Can’t wait. Joseph Morgan is gonna be awesome as klaus.

4. celine says:

disappointed.
    is that the looks of someone that can “out-Damon” Damon?

5. xav says:

I see the ‘Angel’ look is still de rigueur for vampires.

6. Rachel says:

He is going to amazing as Klaus. I can’t wait for that episode.

7. jen says:

totally bad-ass!! cant wait to see him take over mystic falls :)

8. Pocket says:

Kind of disappointed. He might be better on-screen than in this cap. I see he has done the angelus leather pants of doooom

9. Brit says:

I am definitely hyperventilating!!! Why is he holding a stake? Is he getting ready to kill someone? Oh god, I’m way too excited!!!

10. Kate says:

Love the recycling of the Angelus look, can we call it an homage to BTVS? What makes it awesome as well is that he can pull it off! I seriously love characters who are evil wearing the leather pants and seductive maroonie red shirt! Mmmm! I hope he is just as deliciously evil on screen!

11. Todd Manning says:

As far as the storyline goes, I can hardly stand waiting because I am so excited. And I am perfectly willing to withhold any judgments about the actor or character before I see him in action, and I have faith in the execs of this show who have yet to let me down. But, from pictures alone, I think they could have done a little better in the casting of Klaus. From what I know and expect of him, he should be someone who in a purely aesthetic manor should be almost as attractive and intimidating as Damon, and from what I have seen this actor is neither. As it stands, I am more excited to see Matt Davis channel Klaus than this person.

That being said, I still expect this to be an amazing story and cannot wait for everything to unravel.

12. Holly.C says:

Well, he certainly looks better here then he did in the past photos, but then Elijah looks better modern day then he did past. Still not that scary though (his expression is kind of intimidating). I was imagining a blonde Damon, someone who’s sexy and cocky. Well, i’ll have to see about the cocky part in the show. CAN’T WAIT!
    And no one is allowed to ‘out Damon’ Damon! Damon is too cool to be outed.

13. Laurel says:

Definitely short of breath…

14. Shawn says:

OMG! Why did they make him so ugly?!!!!!! Joseph Morgan is handsome–They butched his hair and made him look like a freak and a serial killer. Dude, he was better with the hair he had on the IMDB page. Seroiusly, I am disapointed. I expected him to dress and look like someone out of Ralph lauren-jacket blazers with jean concept- something a tad European. What’s this lets make Klaus look like a hick crap!???!!!! DISAPOINTED is what I am

15. LaLa A. says:

i for one cannot wait. he looks great! this should be awesome… just as long as my girl Caroline does not die, (again and for good this time) i will be super psyched to see this story play out.

16. Corinne says:

Oh this is going to be EPIC! Freaking love this show, can’t wait for the Salvatore Brothers vs Klaus showdown! Game on! :)

17. BAND says:

OMG!!! I cannot wait to see this man in action! I wonder who he’s getting ready to kill?

18. Nola says:

I can’t wait to see Klaus kick the crap out of the Salvatores! I love Stefan and Damon, but they sometimes make me wonder if they even have brains in their heads.

19. Tish says:

LOL exactly my thought.
    Shawn, looks are a BIG part of this show. If they have changed Joseph Morgan to make him look like someone who couldn’t do much damage, it’s probably very much planned. Just wait and see, maybe he’ll surprise you :)

• Candy says:

Totally agree! Looks can be deceiving. Just because Klaus looks all sweet and harmless, doesn’t mean that he actually is. There is a reason why scary ass vamps like Elijah and Katherine fear this man. So, I really couldn’t give a damn what he looks like, just creep me out.(I personally think Klaus looks BEAUTIFUL!).

20. wilmat says:

He looks like Matt? I’ll hold off judgement til I see him in action.

21. Tiffany says:

He kind of looks like Justin Timberlake doesn’t he? I guess looks can be deceiving but I feel like it’s kind of blah LOL

22. rehabber says:

Damon has already been out Damoned by Elijah and I loved it. Was hoping he would take Damon down so he would be more careful. Damon now knows there are things badder than he is and will be ready for it. He wants to be more like Elijah and has grudging admiration for him. I love Elijah and want that dagger taken out so he can help kill Klaus. The next 4 eps are going to be great, TVD my favorite show on TV. They pack more in one ep than most shows do all season. WTG writers.

23. Sourabh says:

Reminds me of Mark Pellegrino’s Lucifer on Supernatural. Someone everyone is scared of, but physically doesn’t look that scary.

24. Anastasia says:

Hyperventilating. He looks like he can completely out-damon Damon. Complete silent threat but at the same time very obvious that he is a complete badass! Throw in the british accent and he will be amazing.

25. klaus says:

I had my doubts about morgan when i saw pictures of him. But i must say i ( after seeing this photo ) he is the perfect guy for the role, he is expressing this kinda attitude like: you can’t beat me, that look in his eyes. i like it! Elijah has the same look.

26. sam says:

he looks like albino guy in da vinci code

27. Issy18 says:

What the hell is wrong with people? This dude isn’t ugly 0_0 I mean, yeah Ian Somerhalder is hot and all, but have you seen *his* hair lately? It fricken horrible. Hair/Clothes is not what makes an attractive man.

Besides, Klaus’s main goal shouldn’t be to make every little girl swoon. It should be to make everyone in Mystic Falls wet themselves in fear. He’s needs to be a BAMF, not a runway model.

• carter deleo says:

true but he doesn’t look like the persona he has been described as and i think thats what most people are have a problem with. true no one said he has to look like a model but the guy isn’t more than a meh. Elijah was way better

• Issy18 says:

Most people thought Elijah was horrible looking in his stills though. People were making fun of his hair like crazy. A picture is a whole lot different then seeing someone in action, so people should just wait and watch.

• Lisa London says:

Could not agree more. I also thought Elijah looked harmless until we saw him in action and he proved to be a controlled, smooth, total bad@ss.

28. carter deleo says:

i don’t perticularly find him too impressive actually. he looks like the typical bad guy from any drama flick an extra in the movie the departed. i don’t think he is anywhere near as good looking as the salvatore brothers or evil looking as Damon was in season 1. or even any where near as intimanating as Elijah was now he looked scary some who you didn’t want to mess with

• chayo84 says:

my sentaments exactly. but i think he looks more like a bouncer from some club. Brady and the warlocks looked way more bad ass diffenetly not as good looking as any guy from the show and thats including guest stars even all the guys from the wolfpack were all good looking as were the warlocks this guy i give him a 5 on the hot scale. they had made his character to be this hot badass and we get that he looked more scary in the back in the day stills well lets hope he doesn’t suck

• Kit says:

Elijah’s butt hair was indeed intimidating.

29. Thechiliepepper@yahoo.com says:

Omg he doesnt look like the oldest vampire in history of vampire at all if it was up to me Elija Should have been Klaus!

30. Becca says:

Looks are def deceiving. Make no mistake he is deadly, scared to know who that stake is for…

• candy says:

yeah we now he is ruthless and deadly yada yada but the look over all is kind of a let down is what most people are saying, any vamp from underworld or even buffy the vampire looked way more scary compared to this klaus. infact i think the guy who played Elijah would have made a way way way better klaus

31. anonimus says:

He looks like kind of a dork with that haircut, he could look sexier and scarier but I think that’s the intention, to get surprised by his evilness…

32. Caroline says:

What’s with the hair?

33. Romina# says:

OUT STANDING, I MEAN ; I JUST ALWAYS LOVED THE BAD GUYS .
    Yes ,he is going to amazing as Klaus.
    I love him, but his clothes are terrible . I mean,really? He looks like a guy who has no idea what he wears.

34. laura says:

I am so in love with damon I don’t care who plays claus as long as damon sends him to the grave. Please don’t kill any of the main characters the show would not be the same bring in new people and kill them!

35. anniwa says:

I LOVE HIM AS KLAUS, he is pretty cute and though not better than Damon, definitely much more sexy than Stefan, but really is Stefan better looking than any vampire, I think even Elijah outdid Stefan