Idoloonies: Pia Toscano on Her Dream Rap Duet, Love of Ballads, and That Ghastly Jumpsuit

Pia Toscano’s elimination from American Idol last week was perhaps the show’s most shocking early exit since Chris Daughtry’s fourth-place finish back in Season 5. But don’t shed too many tears for the upbeat, New York-based diva. I caught up with Pia at Manhattan’s Empire Hotel to discuss her journey on Fox’s ratings behemoth — from those saucy harmonies she concocted for her group rendition of “Grenade” to her explosive semifinal performance of “I’ll Stand By You” to the unexpected hurdle she overcame during Elton John Week.

‘Idoloonies’: Making Sense of Pia’s Exit, Producer Tricks,
Flaws, and Judges’ Guilt on ‘Idol’

We also discussed her desire to bring big diva vocals back to the radio, her love of songwriting, and yes, that unfortunate L.A.M.B. jumpsuit that she got stuck wearing during her performance of “River Deep – Mountain High.” Press play on the interview below, then head to the comments to share your thoughts on Pia’s future. And for all my Idol interviews and recaps, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Loading video...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Sybil says:

Video not working.

• Joe says:

It’s working now. And that ladies and gentlemen, is your American Idol. What’s left on the show are the supporting characters from High School Musical 14.
      Just seeing the clips of Pia singing reminded me what a travesty it was for her to be eliminated.
      The cream rises to the top and I hope she gets some great songs to lend her voice to.
      Pia was the best this season and if the Idol producers have a brain in their bodies they will make sure Bocelli shows up and duets with her for the finale.

• Suncatcher says:

@Joe – you just saved me a lot of typing. I totally agree with you excellent comments above. After Pia left, I stopped watching the show. Weren’t we looking for the BEST SINGER – and not, MISS CONGENIALITY (in a perfect wardrobe)?

Actually, this special interview with Slezak and Pia is kind of like tearing a bandaid off of an almost healed wound – it hurt all over again.

I wish Pia Toscano all the success in the world. She WILL be singing with Andrea Bocelli and she WILL be #1 in her music genre.

• Suncatcher says:

PS – SLEZAK –

I just went back and watched Pia’s (limited number of) performances to see if there was something that I missed that the other viewer/voters saw to banish Pia from the show. All I saw were dramatic, pitch perfect, exquisite diction, emotionally fitting and technically perfect performances from a stunning performer.

Joe’s use of the word, “travesty”, above is fitting. She will be a stuper star.

• JIm says:

I second that sentiment about a duet with Bocelli.
        Unfortunately, the fans still won’t be able to appreciate nor comprehend that level of vocal talent.
        Remember when Andrea was a mentor for Idol. The overwhelming consensus was that trying to inspire his level of vocal talent out of the Idol contestants was a fools errand. No offense intended.
        Better to have Toscano and Bocelli sing at a more sophisticated venue.

• Salieri says:

I always listen to her singing “The Prayer” on youtube and its my fav. performance of hers along with “Grenade”.

• Kris Fan says:

@Joe & Suncatcher — You said it all.

• funkycoldmedina says:

I sooo agree with whoever said “THIS is your American Idol”, in reference to Pia Toscano. I’m sorry, I don’t want to sound mean, and I truly have nothing against the remaining contestants…BUT blech!!! Who cares about the circus side show Idol has become? Not anyone with any real ear towards true vocal talent. This season is the biggest joke in as far as having any real standards that make any sense. It is a freak show to the max. The ONLY thing about this season that I am thankful for is the introduction of this young lady with the superb voice. And while all the Pia haters kept harping on the “Pia is boring” chant, I kept saying “She is shy.” She even talks like a shy person with a reserved voice. All the judgeMENTAL people who called her boring will one day have to eat their words because Pia won what they could not take away from her….exposure in the music biz. A big fat HA HA HA to all of those who were into this whole thing for ALL the wrong reasons. I suggest they watch America’s Got Talent if they are looking for someone with talents other than fantastic vocal ability to crown as champion…since it’s all about casting sympathy votes for freakin’ backstories galore, along with creating a stooge into “genius” because he can slap a bass and overlooking his lack of any kind of vocal talent WHATSOEVER. Awesome interview, Monsieur Slezak.

2. Reba says:

Nope. Not working

3. Joe says:

Video not working!!!

• Michael Slezak says:

I fixed it, guys! Try again!

• djm says:

In all honesty I wish Idol would hire you Michael to interview the contestants while they are on the show. You have an amazing way of bringing out a side of the contestants that isn’t seen on the show and (I think) it would help the audience connect with them on a personal level.

SERIOUSLY. I know you have contacts within the show – you should honestly try and make that happen. If I had seen this side of Pia during the show I might have felt a little more connected to her as a contestant. Just sayin….

• Lunakit says:

Most excellent idea!!!…. However… does that mean Will.I.AM (Not Leaving) will be sitting next to Michael during every interview?!?!?

• Jeannie says:

Bah! No. No offense but Michael Slezak just has too much bias to pull that off. He actually CARES about who wins. That’s not an insult (even though I do think he was a little too kooky about Pia!)

• stevenjaba says:

That couldn’t work. If he was actually working for Idol he would be very restricted in the kinds of questions he’d be allowed to ask.

• djm says:

I hadn’t thought of that – and you are right. As soon as he became an employee it’d all be spin. Oh well, I guess I’ll just have to keep waiting for the interviews after the contestant leaves.

• Teresa says:

I think it’s an excellent suggestion, but the objection that Michael would be restricted to “spin” is a serious one.

Perhaps the answer would be to: Allow Michael (assuming his schedule would allow it) to observe Hollywood week as it happens (to give him some familiarity with the contestants), and then have him interview all top 24 contestants. Then have a link to the interviews from the AI site.

That would create a professional distance, but allow people who want to really meet the contestants as people and artists. BTW, I don’t think Michael passion for certain contestants is a bad thing. He gave Danny Gokey hell for all of Season 8, but his interview of Gokey was amicable and I felt that I really understood who Danny was afterwards.

• B says:

Can’t watch it on my iPad… This site really needs to get away from flash.

• Lee says:

I’m with djm. Excellent interview. Pia seemed very relaxed and more like herself. I wished you told her, Michael, that just because she got voted out for “River Deep, Mountain High” that she shouldn’t sing songs like that because that was actually my favorite performance by her in the finals. I would like Pia to do more jazzy, R&B numbers.

• Suncatcher says:

THANKS, SLEZAK! For fixing the video – and moreover, for the superb interview with Pia. Great job.

• stevenjaba says:

Interview was great, Michael. It’s distracting though that we can only see the tiniest sliver of your face, popping out here and there.

4. Chmarin says:

She is so different (in a good way) when she’s not in the Idol spotlight. You could always kinda tell she was nervous and shy in front of the cameras, and now, in this interview, she’s relaxed and being herself and she really seems like a great person. Hope she has a great career! :)

• WhiteLady says:

I’m going to have to take my words back… Indeed she wasn’t boring, just shy. Hopefully she’ll just use this as a stepping stone to a big career.

5. l says:

Love Pia even more. Can’t wait for your record. You’re too big for Idol anyway. Thanks Michael!

6. Paco says:

I really missed her in last night’s show. Everybody felt so… blah to me. I love me some Haley but she did a serious fumble of the ball last night and I hope it doesnt cost her the game.

Pia, you’re awesome and I looked forward to seeing you perform each week. I will be downloading ur music, trust me on that.

7. ErixN says:

Thanks for this. I am sad that she’s gone, but I am sure that she will do well when she does come out with a record. I wish the big diva vocals would come back to the radio. It would be awesome to see her duet with Christina.

8. KCB says:

Michael, this was AWESOME! Pia is a total darling. I really think she was a victim of the editing. I wish they’d shown more of her current singing during Hollywood Week, instead of poor Wittle Waycee. Cute kid, but they weren’t going to choose him…and they knew it.

9. Kevin Kshanthi says:

Great interview with a bona fide artist. Pia Toscano has the whole star package including the endorsement of Jennifer Hudson and entertainment veteran titans such as Tom Hanks, Ellen Degeneres, Alyssa Milano, Jimmy Iovine… It’s kind of a no-brainer that her future is bright. Pia Toscano will be “set”, if not for life, then at least for as long as she continues to deliver excellence.

10. sunny says:

What a sweetie Pia is. Love her! I really missed her last night.

11. davey says:

Thanks so much for this video of Pia who was so missed last night. Somewhere would have been the highlight of the show. I am so looking forward to her album.

Now do you plan to interview Casey James one of these days?

• paisley says:

CASEY! Casey James — that’s right, Michael. You owe us a segment with Casey JAMES. Maybe you could Skype him into Idoloonies like you have been doing with Melinda Doolittle and Alexis Grace??? I would love to hear his opinions of James Durbin and Scotty McCreary, specifically.

• Barbara says:

If you’ll remember (and I do), Michael wasn’t a fan of Casey last season, which I found pretty unfortunate and biased. Casey has so much talent but was thrown under the bus by Kara when she made that comment about his vibrato sounding like a bleating goat – which is totally untrue. I love his voice. Love Pia too, she is by far the most talented of the season this year. Period.

• Robin says:

Please make this happen Slezak. You need to satisfy so many of your loyal followers and get Casey James on…ASAP! Mjsbigblog has videos and articles about him all the time. His songs are awesome…Bulletproof, Drive and Let’s not call it a night.

• Amy says:

I’m still waiting on the Casey James interview, too, Michael… :) Pleeeeeeease??

• Lunakit says:

Now that you mention it…. I FORGOT that I’m still waiting for that!!! Thank you, PAISLEY! I love the idea of skyping him in to Idoloonies. Sorry, Michael, you are not off the hook yet!…. Here, this should help:

1. Call Casey James and invite him to Idoloonies

2. Entice Kristen Baldwin and Annie Barrett to defect to TVLine (a batch of freshly baked cookies never hurts)

3. Take a moment to pause and consider (deep breath, say it fast…) whether or not the tight rotation of plaid shirts you so fancy is kind of like your own personal Na’vi tail.

4. Number 3 was tough, so we’ll just use this number to breathe. (Seriously though, you could slowly step it down from maybe a nice plaid vest to a kerchief and then before you know it, a pocket square…)

5. Think of a new way to appreciate Jason for his excellent editing skills on Idoloonies.

6. Think of a sympathetic way to tell Michael Ausiello that his sweet, but teeny tiny lobotomized head at the top of every page sends us the subliminal message that he has no brain.

7. Take the cookies out of the oven.

• dctoronto says:

I like Michael’s plaid shirts. I actually thought of him yesterday when I bought a summer one for myself.

• duranmom says:

Oh I DO miss Annie, Kristen and Michael chatting about Idol. Can THEY Skype in as guests? That would be cool!

12. Bucko says:

I miss Pia. What a class act.

• Jim says:

I miss Pia too. What a beautiful, class act. Her voice, its tone and range, still resonate in my mind. She launched her career just like she launched those huge notes of her power ballads.

13. Christina says:

seriously, what’s not to like about this girl? Now that she was voted off the show it’s like I don’t even care who’s leaving or who’s staying anymore. No doubt she’ll have a great career and I’ll most definitely buy her album, but I wish I could tune in on a wednesday/thursday night and just enjoy myself watching her performances, missed that last night.

14. Kevin C. says:

Imagine if she had performed Alicia Keys instead of, say, “All by Myself” on Top 13’s “Choose whatever the heck you want” theme. I think the would have ended up going a lot farther.

15. Alicia says:

Don’t watch American Idol, but this girl’s name has been everywhere, so the other day I youtubed her, and damn, now I am obsessed with her rendition of “Doesn’t Mean Anything.”
    Hope she has a long, successful career.

16. Emily says:

“All is Fair in Love” was my favorite performance by Pia…it’s the only song I downloaded from Idol this season. I listen to it like crazy. Dunno what it is about it that moves me so, but I just absolutely adore it. It brings out this feeling of nostalgia, regret, melancholy…and a sense of deja vu, too. Such an amazing song…and Pia sang it beautifully. There is definitely a place in the current market for balladeers like Pia.

17. Aiden says:

Glad you were able to give us this fantastic interview with Pia, Michael, even though it shouldn’t have been this soon. She was seriously robbed on Idol. I wish we got to see more of her on TV. Now, we’ve got to move past that though. I can really see Pia having a career and going far post-Idol. She’s someone different who’d be really interesting in the current music world. She seems very committed to her music, and her personality’s just so pleasant. Idol missed out. I became a bigger fan after this interview, and I already was in the first place. This is definitely one fan who’s going to follow her career from here on out.

18. Gilby says:

I’m not sure what the problem is, but when I try to watch your videos (like this or Idoloonies), it is agony waiting for them to buffer. I watch tv and movies on websites like megavideo, wootly, hulu, etc, all the time and don’t have anywhere near the issue with them that I do with your interviews so I’m pretty sure it’s not my internet speed or computer… I can leave it paused for hours in the hopes that it will load and when I start watching, I’ll still only get 5 minutes without it trying to buffer again. Don’t know if I’m the only person with that problem, it maybe seems like I am, but I thought I should finally say something.

Love Pia, wish her the best in the future, but I can’t say I missed her onstage last night or that I was shocked when she was eliminated. She’s good, but just didn’t inspire people to vote for her, clearly. Every time someone tells me they were shocked she’s gone, they follow up by saying that she wasn’t their favorite so they didn’t vote for her…

• wounds1 says:

I have the exact same problem loading the videos. Sometimes I just give up. I don’t seem to have the problem with any other site.

• CraigJ says:

You can add another person to the list of peeps having problems waiting on this to buffer. At times it has taken well over an hour to finish one of the segments. Damn if I don’t love me some Idolloonies but too much waiting. I have had success watching during night hours…after midnight West Coast.

• Gilby says:

Glad to see I’m not the only one who has this issue! It is really weird that “the spinning circle” (which signals that it’s buffering) never goes away for more than a few seconds at a time. It’s not because it’s flash, either – I choose to watch flash over divx on other sites because it’s normally so much faster. It definitely is a tesyament to the quality/content of the videos that we all continue to try to watch them, lol, but more than half the time I don’t get all the way through them… :-/

• Amelia says:

I also have a lot of problems with the Idoloonies videos. Every week I have to click on the videos many, many times before they start loading. I usually get the message “server not found” when I click on them, but eventually they start to download and play. It seems to be worse when there are a lot of idoloonie users playing the videos. It is not my computer or internet connection, but I do live in New Zealand if that makes a difference…

• Amelia says:

Like the above users, I’ve also never had problems downloading videos on any other site – only on TVline.

• Danielle Notaro says:

Same problem. I love Idoloonies and it is a painful process of sitting through the buffering. I wrote about it a couple of weeks ago and got no response. The little circular spinning thing also never goes away in the middle of the screen.

• CraigJ says:

That spinning circle thing I know exactly what you are talking about. I have watched many episodes hoping it plays at least a minute before stopping and when that circle isn’t there it is a good day. Trying watching it during the night I realized that it does go away when playing the video properly. The sick thing (much credit to you Slezak and Jason) is I still try to watch it even when I get 15 seconds at a time. Please look into this problem…it shouldn’t take 3 hours to watch Idolloonies. Now that is flippin’ looney!

19. B.rhett says:

#signpiatoscano Thanks Michael!

20. AWmC says:

love Pia even more. Such a nice, down to earth person with an amazing talent. I can’t wait to hear her music! shes right, we need REAL singers back not this over sythed auto tuned crap nowadays. Only Adele on todays radio is amazing, and her voice, magic :)

21. RTW says:

She’s handling her elimination better than most of us on these boards! :) Pia, remember that you don’t have to win American Idol to be one. Good luck in your undoubtable music career and have fun on the tour – your run on this show may be over but we’ll always root for you!

22. Volcfom says:

Yay, Pia! And I never understood when people complained about her personality. I feel like we’d be best buds. Go 1988!

23. Paisley Quinn says:

Class act, that girl. Sweet and genuine and nice to the bone. She couldn’t even bring herself to knock that horrible LAMB jumpsuit. Still wish she had selected different songs…her ballads were well-executed but not very interesting.

24. tekkie says:

Great interview Slezak, and definitely a mind changer for me. While I still don’t care for her singing that much, I am pleased to see that she is warm and down to earth. That didn’t come across on the idol screen with the exception of the wrestling with the boys. Thanks! :)

• Jaded says:

I feel the same–I still don’t love her singing, but it was nice to get more of a glimpse into her as a person. I wish this season of Idol wasn’t so overproduced!

• Brittany says:

How can you not like her singing? I do mean that as a question and not a statement. She’s amazing vocally.

25. Mark Netter says:

One of your finest interviews, Michael, because it humanized her more than any moment on Idol and more than any of the repetitive post-Idol interviews she did last Friday and this week. Idol should hire you to do interviews during the show — she clearly related to you personally and you brought the best out of her. Smart, nice, woman, and who knew she had 40 of her own songs stashed away.

• jennab says:

Michael is so well prepared and asks such intelligent, probing questions in an attentive, respectful way…that’s why his interviews are so excellent! I agree about Idol hiring him…but only if they gave him free reign, which they wouldn’t. I like his impartiality. Also, AGREE with other posts about a “cameo” from Annie & Kristin. C’mon, can’t TVLine & EW play nice…?

26. S says:

What a wonderful interview! Pia seems like such a sweetheart- I really wish they had given her a bit of the non-singing spotlight on Idol. Who knows if it would’ve changed anything, but I do like to think it would have.
    In any case, I’m pretty sure she has a long career ahead of her.
    Also, I’m now dying to hear her perform Empire State of Mind with Jay Z at the Idol finale show. Idol producers, make it happen please.

27. Andrew says:

She is flawless. Like, real genuine, real honest. Can’t wait for her album.

28. Sally says:

Wow, Empire State of mind would have been perfect.

29. Georgia says:

Great interview, and I certainly wish Pia great success in her career. Sounds like she is on her way! In listening to the interview and performance clips, it’s clear to me why I “wandered” from voting for Pia. It has nothing to do with Pia’s talent, but my personal preference for stripped down intimate songs. When every song has such a powerful ending, it begins to feel too much like the competition it is.

• Lunakit says:

Was anyone else bummed during the interview when it became apparent that Pia had NOT been reading Slezak each week while on the show? I would think by season 10 this would be ‘required reading’ for contestants. Just for the reality check, if nothing else.

30. Truth says:

She’s pretty, she can sing well, but she is also boring, and I want my 10 minutes and 22 seconds back.

• agrimesy says:

I have to agree with you. I don’t think this was one of Slezak’s best interviews, and that’s no fault of his I might add. Slezak is a conversational interviewer (my favorite kind), but the interview-ee has to do more than just answer the question. I half expected Pia to claim she wanted to put big ballads back on the radio . . . AND BRING WORLD PEACE. Nice try, Slezak. You did what you could.

• Brittany says:

How is she boring? What is she supposed to do dance in the interview? I thought she seemed really down to earth and cool. Too bad Idol couldn’t have had video packages about her. If we had already been spoon fed tons of Pia we would have voted for her. Right America….*thinks to self* “baby lock them doors and turn the lights down low…..” sorry I have no idea where that came from…continue on.

• GingerSnap says:

It was your choice to watch . . .

31. Hearts says:

I swear it was that fugly jumpsuit that got her voted off- it, along with the overdone makeup, did her in- she is a beautiful girl and it made her look ridiculous.

• Ablo says:

She was much, much better looking when she was natural looking (at the mansion etc) — without all the spray tan and makeup.

• Jill says:

Did you notice how tactfully she evaded that jumpsuit question?

• RayNY says:

Yeah.. that hideous jumpsuit was part of it. I’m not crazy about Gwen’s style in the first place. When Pia said she selected it and loved it.. I’m like OMG.. What were you thinking?!?!

32. Alrisha says:

I’m so tireeeeeeed of the Pia’s thing. She’s out, get over it! Enoug is enoug

33. Ablo says:

“Pia Toscano’s elimination from American Idol last week was perhaps the show’s most shocking early exit since Chris Daughtry’s . . .”

Not at all. For you because you have created a fetish over her, but for many of us it wasn’t that shocking. I will admit that it was surprising, but seriously do you have to state everything as if 1. your opinion is fact, and 2. as if hyperbole controls the universe (which is, of course, hyperbole itself).

• Lemon says:

The Pia obsession is mainly here and EW. They were looking for some sort of dues ex machina to derail the obvious frontrunner Scotty, who represents everything they hate. It was never about Pia.

• B.Rich says:

I was much more surprised about Pia finishing 9th than Chris’s 4th place. I was obsessed with idol that year, so I knew Chris was probably gone that week.

• B.Rich says:

Losing Lilly Scott before the final may have Pia beat though…

34. Ramona says:

What a great interview. Pia was missed yesterday. That girl deserved to go all the way. Total package and her voice always gave me the chills.

35. lar says:

Great interview; nice to see her personality show. Thanks!

36. Christina says:

Great interview Slezak. I wish the Idol producers would have let us see more of that girl then the one they showed us.

37. Karen says:

Michael, thanks for this great interview with Pia. She’s such a down-to-earth person and you can see how committed she is to her passion and craft. It’s a refreshing change to see someone with so much talent not be full of themselves. I like how she is open about what she needs to work on while she moves ahead with her music career. Good to hear that she writes her own material as well. All in Love is Fair and I’ll Stand By You were my two favorite performances this season and her interpretation and vocals moved me. I hope there’ll be a future opportunity for you to interview her again without a 19E handler around! Can’t wait to see her post-Idol career take off, and hear original music from her.

38. Lily says:

I hope Pia takes advantage of the early exit to record some singles or an album in time for the Idol tour. She’d be ready to sell her music to the fans at all the concert stops when the tour hits the road. If there are any smart record execs out there, they sign her up.

39. Vikram says:

Why is it that all the videos on tvline don’t load properly or lag. I am on a very fast connection and I constantly have to reload the page and click play because the video either doesn’t load or lag. It sucks because I really like Sleazak

40. lml says:

I have been watching Idol from the start and got my husband to watch it for the first time this year. He loves James and Pia so he was so upset when she was voted off, as was I. I think she is talented and gorgeous. To people who thinks she is boring so what? Look at Celine when she first came out plus poor Celine can’t dance. So I think she will have a good career. Love you Pia and Idol was a bit boring last night without you.

41. dp says:

Love the interview, I like Pia even more now. She has a good head on her shoulders. I really hope she has mainstream success in the future. It would be amazing if she got to duet with Andrea Bocelli!

42. Lourdes says:

Hey Michael, will you ever be posting exit interviews with Naima and Thia? I would especially love to see you have one of your very thoughtful interviews with Naima, who was perhaps the most innovative contestant of the season.

43. agrimesy says:

The good news is I feel better now about Pia getting voted off.
    The bad news is . . . I feel better about Pia getting voted off.
    She really doesn’t ever stray from the pageanty interview mode does she? Don’t get me wrong, there’s no reason whatsoever to dislike this girl. I just don’t find her even the slightest bit interesting. I guess I should focus on my feelings about Pia’s career. When her song comes on the radio, I probably won’t change the station. I might even iTunes a single, but buy an entire album? That’s doubtful. I hope she gets over her anxiety about performing. I’d love to see the focus in modern music return to big vocals. Is that pro-Pia enough?

44. papoila says:

At this point, and especially considering how much potential this season started out with, I don’t know who I miss more, Pia or Simon Cowell… And of course, Kendra Chantelle is also thrown in that mixed bag of nostalgia!

45. GingerSnap says:

I love this girl. I know she’s going to have a big career. It’s Idol that lost its jewel in the crown. I would definitely buy Pia’s music.

46. Dave in Hollywood says:

Ah, Pia, what might have been. I really hope that you find a great career with supportive audiences. I know I’ll be there if the timing is right. I look forward to buying that first album, whether it’s a big hit or a small one. Oh, and I think the Andrea impulse is a great one. Go International! ;-)

47. Lo says:

Fantastic interview! Pia iis going to be selling millions of albums in no time. She absolutely has the “it” factor that could make her a superstar.

48. Robyn says:

can we start a campaign now to have jay-z at the nokia theatre to do empire state of mind with pia!!!!!

49. darcy's evil twin says:

Slezak, love your Idoloonies and really enjoyed this interview with Pia. She’s a lovely and talented young woman and I wish her all the success in the world.

50. Josh says:

Pia was the best vocalist of the top 24 this season. Hands down. You can’t even really argue it. Others are good, even very good, but are not technically sound singers who hit every single note in every single song.
    Those of you that say “that’s not my type of music”, I don’t really understand. Enjoy music, not just certain styles. I’m a huge rock and alternative music fan, but I also enjoy pop and r&b and rap and ballads and jazz and country. It’s not about what I like best. It’s about listening to artists who make you stop and say “wait a second, this person can really sing”. That might not resonate with everyone, so okay I’ll cut you guys some slack that didn’t like her. But to those who say she can’t sing, or is boring, or isn’t emotional enough… well, bluntly, you are wrong.
    And if you think concerts from singers like her, which people say is like Celine Dion, are boring? Go to a Celine concert. Tell me you were bored. If you can honestly say that, then fine. But she puts on one heck of a show.
    Pia, keep your head up. You didn’t make it as far on AI as you should have, but everything happens for a reason. I think you are getting as much press coverage now as if you had won. Take it all in, enjoy it, and come out and shock the world with you first CD. Idol has only really had 4 super stars from the show (Clarkson, Underwood, Hudson and Daughtry). Pia #5? I believe so.