Exclusive

Exclusive: Castle Boss on 'Explosive' Finale and a Major 'Crisis' For Castle and Beckett!

OK, here’s the deal: I want to tell you that the May 16 season finale of ABC’s Castle is going to be mind-blowing. I’d like to say that it’s going to be epic, that it’s going to further along the investigation into the murder of Beckett’s mother (and in a big way), and that it’s even going to further along the relationship between the detective and our title author (though not necessarily for the better). But instead, I’ll let executive producer Andrew W. Marlowe tell you. Cool? Cool.

TVLINE | How much of the finale is about Castle and Beckett’s relationship?
It’s essential in the finale.

TVLINE | I feel like there’s nothing standing in the way of them getting together at this point. I was watching the scene at the end of Monday’s episode thinking, “And Castle isn’t making a move here because…?”
It’s very challenging. And it’s something I need to address for next season. I don’t think the audience is ready for [a Castle/Beckett romance] yet, even though the ‘shippers are crying out for it.  I feel like it isn’t quite time for them to get together as a couple. But I do recognize that they have to move to a different level in their relationship and there has to be a significant obstacle to them getting together. So for me it’s how I do that in an honest way.

TVLINE | Can you rule out a reappearance by Gina and/or Josh?
I can promise you that they will not be showing up in the final episode. That element is relatively played out for us. And our audience has extended us some good will on that front. But we have other surprises in store.

TVLINE | Can you confirm that there’s a significant death?
I can confirm that [someone] we’ve seen many, many times before does die in the finale.

TVLINE | Does the death tie into the murder of Beckett’s mother?
It’s both tangential and significant.

TVLINE | Speaking of which, is it safe to say there’s a breakthrough in that case?
We will learn a significant amount about the conspiracy…  Something happens to Hal Lockwood [the sniper introduced in this season’s “Knockdown” episode], and it opens up an avenue of investigation in such a way that Beckett feels that she can get close to the real person behind all of this.

TVLINE | Anything else can you say about the finale?
The season is going to end with a pretty explosive climax that has to do fundamentally with Beckett and Castle’s relationship. There’s a crisis that is very much intertwined with the emotionally raw aspects of Beckett having to deal with her mother’s case again. And it’s a cliffhanger. Fans should be prepared for that so they don’t bitch me out.

Thoughts? Do you agree with Marlowe that it’s too soon for Castle and Beckett to, you know, go there? And are you concerned about  this ominous sounding obstacle he’s planning to throw their way? Sound off below!

1. Junior says:

It is like driving. Alternating between stomping on the gas and hitting the brakes just ends up making people sick, irritated, or both. And simultaneously mashing the gas and brake pedals produces a screeching, smelly, burnt out mess that goes nowhere. Smooth acceleration lets everyone enjoy the ride and allows the passengers to focus on other things.

2. James says:

Watching Castle for the relationship between him and Beckett is pretty dumb. Half the time I’m looking more forward to how Castle interacts with Ryan and Esposito! The show is brilliant in terms of writing, plots and dialogue. Even if they never get together, as long as the shows are as intriguing and well thought out in the future, Castle will continue to be an awesome program. Besides, how many times do people in real life find themselves in an “office romance”, yet never actually act on it? That’s how real life rolls, baby.

3. Kat says:

I’m sick of waiting for them to get together and the way the producers are drawing out the wait doesn’t make sense. We don’t even get tidbits…no near misses even. It just isn’t working. When are writers and producers going to understand that fans want to see PROGRESSION! Maybe the problem is Hollywood…after all none of those people can sustain a relationship so how do they know how to write one?

4. Maggie says:

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this show!! Especially the tension between Beckett and Castle. The writers know what they’re doing here. Great cast, great story lines…great show! If it ain’t broke…don’t fix it!!

5. cleo says:

Castle and Beckett need an obstacle to their getting together like I need another hole in my head. And, I’m not ready for a Castle/Beckett relationship?!? WTF, Marlowe? Seriously? Was I ready to be drafted and sent to Nam? NO! Was I ready for my first wife to show her infidelity and unfaithfulness? NO! Was I ready for the ’89 Loma Prieta earthquake? Well, actually, kinda, yeah, but my house wasn’t that close to the fault line. Anyway, am I ready for Castle/Beckett to go where they have yet to go? Definitely. In fact, I have to say that if you really want to be honest, like you refer to in your interview, two people as good and smart as these two would know that it is false to not follow the obvious path that lies in front of them. Beckett has already admitted she trusts Castle. She was opening her heart to him in last season’s finale. One little mistake was failing to dump Demming sooner, and make sure Castle knew it, before she tried to move forward with their relationship. Then, Castle nearly stroked out when he thought Beckett was hit at the cafe meeting with Scanlon. And when the sniper Hal Lockwood had Beckett in his sights Castle acted quickly and viscerally to protect her. And now Castle has grown tired of holding back how he feels about his relationship with Beckett. After he has said he is jealous and wants her all to himself, you can’t undo that. There’s no way to pretend that was anything other than an open admission of feelings. Stepping back from that for any reason now is just wrong. End of story. Oops. No, not in that way, Mr. Marlowe. It’s a new beginning. Really!!

6. Jade says:

Its Annoying How People Compare Castle To Bones! Oh & About The Caskett Relationship I Think If There Not Gonna Get Together In The Finale *Cries About It Being The Finale* I Think They Should Definatly Have A Big Kiss Scene That We Can Keep Pressing Replay! :D I <3 Castle! Castle Rules FTW! I Have OCD(Obsessive Castle Disorder) & Proud! Peace Out Castle Fans & Caskett Fans! <3

7. Huge Castle fan says:

I absolutely love castle and the storyline you have going and the characters you have developed and have folowed it up till now. And yes, Castle/Beckets relationship should develop slowly, that is what makes the show, besides chemistry and humor. However, you are at the point now, where you do need to give your audience a little sample and make a small move or step on Castle’s part toward Becket or I’m afraid you will lose a lot of us ‘die hards’. As far as the case with Beckets mom goes, we definately do need more clues or twists and turns or move on. I guess I’m saying let’s spice up the show a little more. Give us something to feed on and chew at. Looking forward to next season.

8. kate says:

I don’t understand why everyone thinks that this show hinges on the relationship between Beckett and Castle. It is one important and fun part of the show but there is SOOOOO much more to it. The writers can develop the other characters, Castle’s Mom or daughter more or the other 2 detectives….see they should do that….cause I can’t even recall their names and yet I love their characters….and there can be more and deeper crimes to solve…there is just sooo much to do with this show….let’s not just focus on B and C getting together…

• kmustari says:

That’s insane! The best part of the show is the tension between Castle & Beckett. That’s exactly why the show became a hit! Ryan & Esposito became big parts because of their chemistry together. As far as Castle’s mom and daughter….they are annoying! The show would be perfectly fine without either one of them. Him having a daughter is good only because it gives him more of a heart, but the actress & her story lines are So stupid it’s a distraction from the good parts of the show. And mom….just annoying all together! It should be her who they kill off! Unfortunately I think they’re going to do it to Montgomery. I like him.

9. Janice says:

Maybe it’s my imagination, but this season’s episodes seemed rather stale; I had the feeling that the death of Stephen Cannell might have had something to do with it…as for “killing off” a main character, sometimes an actor has the chance to move on, to play some other character in some other series or movie. Sometimes stars just want to retire. What I hate are shows that have some horrendous ending leaving its audience BELIEVING a main character is dead, only to have them rescued in the first episode of the NEXT season. As for the romance: Mulder and Scully managed to stay out of bed with one another for 10 years…if you make the story interesting enough, the relationship between the two will be less important. Keep the plots fresh and we’ll keep watching!!!

10. kmustari says:

The chemistry is great but need more of it. You go from one episode where it is so strong to the next one where it’s non existent. That’s not realistic!! The BEST episode was when Beckett got mad at Castle so Ryan & Esposito gave him the cold shoulder & dirty looks. The loyalty was awesome! The FOUR of them are THE most important characters in the show and CANNOT be removed. Any of the other characters are expendable, but some more than others.
    Don’t mess up the show, please!

11. Linda says:

Would love to see Castle and Beckett get together at some point, it could be at the end of the series, as long as ABC promises a wrap episode.

My only issue is the constant bringing in of new actors to play the third party in the love triangle. NCIS keeps doing this and frankly I hate it. I don’t really care if Tony and Ziva get together at this point, I just don’t want to have their current third party romantic interests taking away screen time from the rest of the cast. Castle hasn’t been as bad so far, keeping most of the references to Beckett’s guy off screen and I hope it stays that way.

Keep the off screen references to them dating other people, if you must, but lets just not see the outside romantic relationships on screen. The main cast is the draw, not some third rate guest stars.

12. Anna says:

I love Castle. All I know is there are alot of fans waiting for Beckett and Castle to get together and if you drag it out too long they are going to lose interest and move on. I got tired of watching JAG because they just kept dragging it out and finally I watched the last episode and they were going to get married. That just was so wrong just to drag it out til the last episode.
    I can’t wait to see this episode that is coming soon. Whatever happens I will still be a fan, have been since the beginning.
    I cannot wait to see what everyone says after it. Should be a interesting night.

13. Rosie says:

Dear Andrew,

Love your show. Great cast, chemistry, shots of NYC, dialogue, acting.

I’m an adult. Older, even. Been making my own decisions for longer than my eroding grey matter can remember.

Please don’t tell me what I’m ready (or ill prepared) for. Made my own decision to watch Castle, made my own decision to enjoy the show for what you’ve created, will continue to make my own decisions re your storytelling and how the season pans out.

Please DO what good storytellers and creators do best: show. Don’t tell so much. It’s not needed and it can cause issues. *g*

Good luck with the rest of the season and I look forward to grabbing some popcorn, some wine and making my own decisions about the finale and the state of play between Castle and Beckett.

14. Sandra S. says:

Why would there be a significant obstacle? Castle wanted to help Beckett find her mother´s murderer from the beginning. What could possibly drift them apart? It´s ok with me to not get them together yet but we fans need some Caskett moments from time to time and the investigation into the mother´s murder case should bring them closer together not vice versa.
    And about the death: it´s a long shot, but maybe Montgomery is involved in the conspiracy and so he has to die or can no longer live with it as the duo is getting closer to the truth. Just a thought..

15. Lona says:

What I’d like to see: Castle is forced to stop tagging the cops around like a kid following his mama. This has gotten old. Castle no longer fools anyone with his idiot act and I’m beginning to wonder why he hasn’t gotten shot. Maybe he does get shot, his family begs him to stop playing cop and he starts spending a lot of time at his bar. Customers who know about his time with the police ask him to help them solve mysteries. Beckett feels abandoned or betrayed or maybe she is trying to protect him but she spends a lot of time blocking his PI efforts. Lots of new directions, lots of new action, lots of new conflict.

And will someone PLEASE get Castle a car and get him out of NYC for a while? Even CSI NY goes to other towns now and then.

The name of this show is “Castle” not “Castle and Beckett have fun in New York.”

16. bailey says:

i love castle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it’s the best show in the world. my bff and i really want becket to dump josh and date castle. then at there wedding a body will fall from the roof. its good if u can jump into my head and read it all. i really, really, really want them 2 date so plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plzplz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plzplz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plzplz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plzplz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plzplz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plplz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plzplz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plzz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz make it happen. also can the dead body be named Bailey in an episod? plz!!!!!!!! and her best friend named Gillian. plz it would mean the world to me.

Castle + Becket= love!!!!

castle is the best show in the world!!!!! I <3 IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE ALWAYS——- BAY!!!!!

(P.S. I AM THE #1 FAN!) I <3 U!!!!

17. Rick SF says:

I’m of both minds when it comes to the “Casket” relationship, to borrow a shipper term. I’d like to see them together, sure, but what is more important is that their total personal/professional relationship is handled honestly and in ways that respect the characters. That’s why Beckett’s calling out of Castle about his hazing of his protege and his subsequent confession, and their turnaround of the “Thank You / Always” line from “Knockdown” was so on target and satisfying. Yes, they like each other – more than a little bit – but they’re partners too, and that 24/7 can get real one-note real fast! Mr. Marlowe is blessed to have two intelligent, creative, and telegenic leads. He’s further blessed with a rich extended cast (apparently minus one) that we all want to see more of. As for all the comparisons with Bones – hey. You can do much worse than follow the success of a show in its 7th season. Unburdended of the Booth Brennan hookup, the characters have actually loosened up and started enjoying each other again.
    A cliffhanger series finale then? I would expect nothing less!

18. Tory says:

I’m having an issue with the character death more than the obstacle or castle and beckett getting together. They have been more than a few old time shows like Castle, and if the main stars finally get together, the ratings plummet and the show ends, even if it manages to limp through one last season with them together. But the character death! Someone we’ve seen many many many many times?!?! God, I hope it’s not Ryan or Esposito…I love those two. Or the ME girl Lainey (I KNOW that’s spelled wrong). I feel really bad, but here’s hoping it’s the chief, cause we’ve seen him a lot too and I would die without Esposito or Ryan…

19. Ron says:

I thiink it all boils down to the writers wanting to take the easy way out. Most shows on T.V. drag the potential relationship bit out because they think it will hold the viewers. It requires less creativity. Yet, they end up falling into the same old routine. Each character comes close to admitting feelings for the other and then a new character gets in the way. It goes back and forth for several seasons and then the show dies from boredom. Looks like the final episode is heading in that same old direction. If they can’t add a relationship into the storyline do not put two attractive characters into program in the first place or have them show any interest in each other. Even in real life, relationships would develop much faster.

20. Bill says:

It’s time for a Castle-Beckett romance. The only reason why there isn’t one at this point in time is because the network is trying to milk it. That’s illogical and totally fraudulent.

In real life — as this show purports to be — those two would have been all over each other. They obviously care about one another, deeply. There’s palpable attraction. There’s chemistry. In a real situation, they would have made the move.

But in this TV show, it’s not happening because the producer and the writers want to string us along.

That’s really sad. Everything about the show rings true except for that. The writing is brilliant. The casting is extraordinary (and my wife and I WILL stop watching if one of the six major characters dies). The stories are fun and fascinating. The flirtatiousness is charming.

But dragging out the romance turns this perfect show into a soap opera. That’s a huge mistake that will cost the show audience. You guys are rolling the dice, playing with the audience, and risking your ratings — as well as the future of the show. It’s a MAJOR gamble, one that I don’t think is wise to take.

Please reconsider this stupid course of action. Get those two together ASAP!

21. alex says:

I’m thinking this..Season finale will bring us something what we wanted for a long time,Castle and Beckett will tell each other about their feelings(kissing scene :D),everything that they were holding on will come out(“I love you from the first momment i saw you”hehe) and for a few moments nothing else would matter(shippers will go nuts :D).But then something shocking,terrible happens,3XK murders his mother,he is devastated,blames him self for not stopping him in the first place.This event ruins their chances for a relationship.Castle disappeares for a month or two(pause between seasons)….Season four…Castle wants revenge!(similar to Mentalist),but still not blinded by revenge ,Castle and Beckett become even more closer now because both lost their mothers etc…Sorry for my spelling,grammar and other errors,english is not my native language..

22. CocoM says:

A few random Castle thoughts (in no particular order)….
    My gut tells me the Capt is involved with Johanna Beckett’s death or cover-up. I’d be okay with his death (sorry Ruben). Anyone else with top billing takes a fall and it’s gonna be a castleastrophe.
    As for the slowly building romance, I think it’s fine that they continue to flirt but I’d love for them to have a silly drunken something at Ryan and Jenny’s wedding next season. That’s when the morning after becomes a quick getaway and they have to really start dealing with those feelings.
    By the end of season 4 Alexis will be leaving for college, which finally creates the empty nest Castle needs to fill with a proper relationship. It would be nice if Alexis gave the pair her blessing before she departs.
    So if we get them together in season 5 I think the shippers will be happy, the true fans will stay tuned because of the superb acting and great storytelling, and truth be told, most great tv shows only get 7 or 8 seasons if they’re lucky, so let’s hope for the best!
    Thank you Mr Marlowe for all you’ve given us already :-) I’m counting down the days until the finale….

23. Ashton Blair says:

Bones is one show. Yes, they dragged it out too long. But Castle is only in the 3rd season. And when you jump the gun on the relationship it’s just as bad as waiting too long. For instance Chuck, I love the show but I think season 3 was too early for Chuck and Sara to get together and I stopped watching for a while because I was bored. Honestly, you have to want something to keep you coming back week after week.

24. Erin says:

I’m really nervous about the finale ever since I heard there would be a “significant death!” There is NOT ONE character on Team Castle that I would be OKAY with losing! And YEAH, call me a shipper (My friend and I have decided their shipper name should be Beckcastle!), but I am more than ready for them to GO THERE. Is it just me, or is it a heck of a lot easier in real life? If Beckett and Castle were not fictional characters, they would have hooked up long ago! Kinda like Esposito and Lanie! I don’t think that them being a couple would ruin the chemistry… There could still be tension. Maybe MORE tension… I’ve been married long enough to know that sometimes the BIGGEST conflicts come after the “happily ever after” is supposed to start! I’d be happy to provide Andrew Marlowe with a list of things that Beckastle could fight over!

25. M&M says:

The problem with all these shows and the romantic lines are that when the big romance finally happens between the two main characters they show them making out or maybe a bedroom scene once, then the creators just let the steam and the romance die between them. I think it worked for the show called ALIAS back a while ago. Why can’t it be like that? Same with like Grey’s Anatomy. Great foreplay between Meredith and McDreamy and now a goodnight kiss before they go to bed. If you get the two main characters together you have to keep writing romantic interactions for them or of course no one will care any more what’s between them.

26. D.Jordan says:

I Love the show first and for most.
    But It is about time for them to get together on some level.We need something. Because we all know shows do come to an end quickly sometimes, and I would hate to have missed them together.

27. Meri says:

I’ve thought the progress of the C/B relationship this season has been brilliantly played. I was happy to see him say that he realizes he can’t keep using 3d parties to keep them apart. At this point, Castle is quite clear that Beckett is who he wants, and she has fallen for him pretty seriously too, though she’s not quite ready to admit it to herself yet. The writers have done a great job of shifting the relationship dynamics between the two in a very natural way, bit by bit.

One thing that HAD to happen before they got together was Rick needed to be more Kate’s *equal* in the crime-fighting partnership between them, and the whole Countdown episode was the culmination of that growth arc. She showed that she fully trusts him – the gun thing was big there – and he showed he’s ready and able to do whatever the situation demands to protect his partner.

Now it appears that they are going to use the continuing drama of her mother’s murder and the death of someone – I’m guessing the Chief, since it’s someone we’ve seen a lot of, and I can’t see them killing off any of his or her (Ryan/Esposito) ‘family’ – to cause her to back off again in some way. I really don’t like using character deaths as plot devices and would prefer that they hadn’t gone that route, but I reserve judgment until I see how exactly they handle it. So far, they haven’t disappointed.

I love the ‘ship on this show, but I also adore all the ‘family’ dynamics with his mom and daughter, and ‘the boys’ at the station, and I have really enjoyed the careful development all of those characters have gotten this season as well. I think the writing has been masterful on the character development front, and I think it sounds like they really are committed to proceeding with integrity and care, not just wanting to jerk people around at all. I’m not worried yet. I think they can use season 4 to work C and B through some more important aspects of getting to know and understand and fully trust each other, and if they do a good job of that, it will make them getting together that much better.

Bottom line for me – good writing is the key, and so far these guys have done a great job. As long as they continue to respect their characters and their audience, which it appears is the intent/plan, it will all be good. :-)

28. Anthony says:

Here’s something from waaaaaay left field……… Could it be one of the poker/ writer buddies?!?! Crap… I actually wait for eps where James Patterson, Michael Connelly, Stephen J Cannell, and lately, the addition of Dennis Lehane, show up. Hate for it to be the Cap’n, or Martha… Can prolly do away with Gina…..

• Anthony says:

BTW, by the sound of the interview, i’m leaning towards Castle and Becks growing apart again……. Much like the ending of the 1st season…. Hope i’m wrong….

29. Srieley says:

i think they should do some charter development first . Beckett in her home life and castle and past relationships. I think we know alot about beckett and what drives her but not so much with castle he always jokes it off when beckett asks him anything serious about himself. I think castle does not have alot of real friends. Mostly those who like him for fame and money and he has found a best friend in beckett and a family and home at the station and is afraid to mess it up. I do however think they should get then together by the end of next season. I for one love the cliff hangers so fun and exciting kinda frustrating but in a waiting for christmas kinda way. Can not wait for the last 3 episodes of the season.

30. Kendra says:

As much as I would LOVE to see Beckett and Castle get together, I think that the minute they do, the romantic tension goes away. That being said, there is no reason that they can’t take the relationship to another level but still have the romantic tension. I just want the show to last past 3 or 4 seasons. I’m so sick of “reality TV”. At the end of the day, I want an escape from reality!

31. Nahyr Bracamontes says:

In regards to Beckett & Castle getting together; there are ways to make it work- i.e. Moonlighting. So it’s crucial to find that fine line between keeping the viewer guessing and giving them what they want; but it can and HAS been done successfully. However, at this point I agree with Mr. Marlowe- Castle is still too young and developing as a show to address that aspect of its dynamic, even though as a viewer its frustrating. We the viewers will hang in there as long as they have the right reward and the right timing.

32. Sara says:

First of all noway Martha isn’t the character that’s gonna b killed off. Second of all as much as it pains me 2 say it, I think he’s right the only thing that keeps us coming back is the back & forth, the fantasy we have of Caskett, once they do get together, then we’re all gonna b like, then what???

33. Pat says:

Cancel the show, it’s rubbish.

34. Karro says:

I agree, Castle and Beckett should not get together yet!

the character i think is going to be killed off is the Chief, and i am not so attached to him, but it will hurt, but we don’t know who is going to get killed, and i think it’s better that way, what is the point of knowing what’s going to happen? will it hurt less that way? NO, it will not!

But that’s just what I think.

35. maggiemay says:

This nonsense about killing the show when they get the two main characters together is garbage. Good writers can keep the fans interested after the romance either flies or falls. If they were to get Castle and Beckett together eventually I think the writers on the show are good enough to keep fans interested. But as we all know romances never run 100% smooth all the time and that’s where you bring the sexual tension or just tension back in. As a fan of Jag until the very bitter end I can tell you that I was plenty PISSED when Don Bellisario FINALLY gave us the end that we had been begging for, now mind you he waited until the last 10 minutes of the show and dressed David James Elliott in the crappiest shirt they could find. Plus I doubt he would have ended it that way unless he had a cut of the DVD sales. Moonlighting died off because Cybil Shepard and Willis couldn’t stand each other by the time it got close to ending, plus Cybil had children that she was probably more concerned about at the time, which was her right. I watched Bones too and I can tell you that I’m plenty sick of them jacking us around, ENOUGH ALREADY, get them together for a while and break them up if you have to but let them get together at least once. This prolonging the inevitable is just loosing fans for the show.

36. Budgie says:

I wonder if the death will be a real death at all. Perhaps it’ll be temporary. I don’t mean like Bobby on Dallas (for anyone old enough to remember that ridiculous ‘the whole last season was a dream’ thing). I mean a major character dies but the cliffhanger is Castle or Beckett trying to resuscitate them. So, Kate and Rick are leaning in for a major lip-lock and then a shot rings out. Rick crumples to the floor and Kate sobs as she pumps his chest… That wouldn’t be much of a cliffhanger as Castle can’t die but I hope it’s something along those lines rather than really killing off one of the main characters.

37. Bonnie says:

The writers, staff, actors all have done a great job with this show so far. I love the relationships, but not just Castle’s and Beckett’s….the friendships and working relationships with all of the officers, Castle’s family. I truly love all of the actors and characters. The stories are great, the sets, filming, everything. This is the only show I watch every week, the only one worth watching. Mr. Marlowe, et al…just keep doing what you’re doing in the way you feel is best. You haven’t let us down yet.

38. Jeanie says:

Love the relationship they have – it’s what brings me back week after week. The looks, the comments, the audience seen emotions to the others life choices and experiences… Being together we wouldn’t see these subtle flirtatious scenes – it would leave nothing to do but romp in the bed… And Castle is our family night show. Seldom do I have to be concerned that my 11 & 8 yr old will see something inappropriate other than crazy & bizarre crime scenes – which comes across “Cool!”. Will be here for Castle just like it is – WE LOVE IT. thx!

39. ZeeGee says:

For every Moonlighting there is a Grey’s Anatomy. Audiences are more sophisticated now and we’re tired of being yanked around. It’s ridiculous that these two haven’t gotten together. It’s unrealistic and frustrating. I stopped watching for awhile after last season’s ridiculous ending. Beckett finally decides to share her feelings and the ‘ex’ magically appears? Ridiculous.

40. jean Pett says:

Sorry but I don’t think a show goes bad after the couple get to together. I think Richard Castle should stop being so slow. i’m sorry but he is a wirter for heaven sake. He has “Imitation”you would think he could come up with some ways to get together with Beckett. there made for each other lets get them together!

41. judy says:

I’ve been hooked on Castle ever since the very 1st episode! When I heard of the ‘fatal’ finale a few days ago, i started thinking of who they could do without. I saw many posts thinking it was the captain, cause lets face it, his character is boring. But within an hour I tried to hope for someone else, cuz sadly I truly think Castle’s mom is the target. I read that it will ‘effect’ Castle; and they CANNOT kill off the daughter. She’s Castle’s life! And now, they say its connected to Beckett’s mom’s case. Hello- Beckett’s mom…. Castle’s mom… So I will be waiting breathless til the episode. And I’m hoping its kinda like “who killed JR?”. That had EVERYONE in the world wondering. [on a side note- Bones and Booth need to desparately get it ‘together’, off and on, not every show. oh yeah! But NOT Castle and Kate. Not yet. The teasing, the flirting, the glances, the occational ‘touch’… And that kiss in that one show!! And I can see them undercover as a coule.] AND what i been thinking of for a month– I know its 2 diff networks (& this is too long), but can you see it? It would be perfect! I know watchers like both shows. Crossover! Part 1 on a Monday on Castle, wraps up Thurs on Bones. Perfect! right? Thanks for reading.

42. Tina says:

Geez – the you folks are dragging this relationship out longer than the Ross abnd Rachel coming together on Frineds…..besides I hate cliffhangers, its like the writers said “ok, brain cells off until next season”.

43. leah says:

I trust the writers to entertain and I’m sure they will, they’re key in what makes Castle so good. That and the amazing acting from Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic, as well as all the others. But I’m on the fence about the whole Caskett . On the one hand I loooooove the chemistry between Castle and Beckett and would love to see them together, but the swordplay thing they have going on is so cute and entertaining to watch! I just hope they don’t wait until the very end to get together. Other than that it’s catch 22 for me; Castle’s only really lasted 2.5 seasons so far and although people say it’s not too early I think it would be a waste to rush into it. Then again, a bit of a flirt and a cheeky kiss every once in a while wouldn’t do any harm ;) All I know is by the end of the finale episode in May I’ll have tears welling up, and already I can tell this summers gunna be a long one..
    PS-

Castle
    Beckett
    Esposito
    Ryan
    Lanie
    Alexis
    Martha
    Capt. Montgomery

If any of the above are killed I’ll cry so much my eyes dry up and fall out, so just think about that.

44. shirrill says:

Learn from Bones! That show cannot be revived. Now I think they blew it when they went running scared on House! By House turning to drugs the first time he needed to show he could care, his character is so flawed by including Cuddy’s child, I think his IQ probably took a nosedive.
    Learn from FOX! Keep ABC palatable. (Real)

45. Theresa says:

NO, NO, NO – It’s NOT too soon for Beckett/Castle to get together! A well-written relationship could still be interesting & exciting! Otherwise, the almost-ness just becomes achingly annoying – after awhile, we won’t care anymore. There could be great humor in their relationship! :)

46. MiKayla Marshall says:

I’m glad Beckett and Castle’s relationship will get more complex, and honestly, I’m not entirely worried about a serious relationship between them yet. Yeah, sure, it would be really great, and I’d love to see it eventually, but I think at this point, because Beckett is so stubborn, it would be huge step for her to admit that she has deeper feelings for Castle.
    But that’s just my opinion (:

47. joanie says:

Absolutely love this show!! But the episodes we love the most are the ones that make you laugh or just feel good. Love Castles interaction with his daughter, she’s great! And his mother, don’t kill her either!! Please don’t kill any main characters, they all work together so well!! I don’t think any of the fans are bored with the characters, so if it’s not broke, don’t fix it!!
    Oh yeah, hate continued episodes, don’t like to be left hanging, especially until next season begins!!

48. debbie says:

DANG! i really really hate cliffhangers cause i have to wait till september to find out what happens!

49. ct says:

I think they should get togethere. And even if they get togethere we can have this amazing chemistry and their banter all way along given the fact that both approach life in two very different ways. One should read the “In death” series to understand that coming togethere can also work wonders.

50. Kate8482 says:

There is a time in REAL life when two people should get together… Castle and Beckett are close to, if not already hit, that time. Maybe the viewers aren’t ready for it, maybe the writers aren’t, BUT the characters are. I’d be fine with the continuance of sexual tension, but if it goes on four more than 2 more seasons… they’re over killing it. Take chances and don’t throw to many BAD obstacles in their way… this is reminding me Tony and Ziva from NCIS.