ABC Axes All My Children and One Life to Live

And then there were four.

ABC is confirming what has been rumored for weeks: All My Children and One Life to Live will end their storied runs in September 2011 and January 2012, respectively.

The twin cancellations will leave just four soaps on the air — Days of Our Lives on NBC, General Hospital on ABC, and The Young & The Restless and The Bold and the Beautiful on CBS.

AMC and OLTL — which have been around for a combined 83 years — will be replaced by a pair of generic-sounding (and cheaper to produce) talk/lifestyle shows, the food-themed The Chew and the makeover-centric The Revolution.

Contain your excitement.

“While we are excited about our new shows and the shift in our business, I can’t help but recognize how bittersweet the change is,” said ABC Daytime president Brian Frons. “We are taking this bold step to expand our business because viewers are looking for different types of programming these days. They are telling us there is room for informative, authentic and fun shows that are relatable, offer a wide variety of opinions and focus on ‘real life’ takeaways.

All My Children and One Life to Live are iconic pieces of television that have made an indelible mark on our culture’s history,” Frons continued. “Each of the shows has touched millions and millions of viewers and informed the social consciousness. It has been a privilege to work with the extraordinary teams who brought the residents of Pine Valley and Llanview to life each day, and we thank the cast, crew, producers and most especially the fans for their commitment to the shows through their history.”

Ratings for daytime soaps have been on a steady decline for the past two decades as viewing patterns shifted and audiences migrated to talk shows. In the past 10 years alone, the industry saw the cancellation of As the World Turns, Guiding Light, Port Charles and Passions.

In a statement, suds queen Susan Lucci — who has played the iconic Erica Kane since AMC‘s inception in 1970 — said, “It’s been a fantastic journey. I’ve loved playing Erica and working with [AMC creator] Agnes Nixon and all the incredible people involved with All My Children. I’m looking forward to all kinds of new and exciting opportunities.”

Okay soap fans, post those eulogies in the comments section.

1. Louise Groulx says:

I am appalled by the decisions of taking off the air soap operas while you are leaving those BORING REALITY SHOWS .What is wrong with you people ? We don’t need more talk shows, reality shows, cooking shows . Don’t you know that we love suspense & entertainment & that’s what soap operas gave us . I could’nt wait at the end of my day to watch what happened on my soaps . YOU will lose a lot of viewers now & you’ll see what stupid mistake you made . SHAME ON YOU to let go of all those actors who won’t have a job now. But at the end you will see your ratings go DOWN & WE the soap operas lovers WILL LAUGH AT YOU . I hope you get BURN … EVERYONE OF YOU & YOUR NEW SHOWS. That is what you all deserve . I would love to see one of those actors on the soaps buy the station & fire you all . To all ALL MY CHILDREN ACTORS… & other SOAP OPERAS ACTORS I WISH YOU WELL & if someday they change their minds & wants you back I hope you will tell them NO WAY,unless it’s under new management . I LOVE YOU ALL ! (I mean the ACTORS )

2. Gloria says:

I have been watching All My Children & One Life To Live since they first came on the air. I will miss them. Once All My Children & One Life To Live are off the air I will no longer be watching ABC. I will take that time to go out and walk and enjoy myself. “I WILL NOT WATCH” food shows or health shows during the time slot that my favorite soaps should be on. ABC will not be viewed in my home.

3. crystal mccollum says:

I can’t believe you r takin this soap off the air (oltl) nobody is goin to watch these new shows thanks for making the stupidest descision ever will not b watching ne of the shows I watched on this channel. And tthe way u r ending it with todd is stupid daytime television is a joke now

4. Nancy Lang says:

I am almot 59 years old and have been watching these soaps for a long time. When I was working I would tape them to watch them when I got home from work at night. So I hate to see you take them off but I am aware that there is always change going on. My question is will they be on another channel or will there be another way to watch them or is this going to be the end to these soaps?

I would appreciate your response.

5. ABBEY says:

I AM SO DISAPPOINTED WITH THE DECISION TO CANCEL “ALLMY CHILDREN” AND “oNE LIFE TO LIVE”!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS MY QUIET TIME EACH AFTERNOON. I WILL NOT WATCH YOUR DUMB REALITY SHOWS IN THERE PLACE! I HOPE THEY FAIL HORRIBLY! SICK OF ALL THE REALITY SHOWS!! ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!

BRING BACK MY TWO SOAP OPERAS!!

6. Tara says:

I think that it is crazy to cancel both soaps, u should at least consider keeping one of them on air and from my personal opinion “One Life To Live”. I mean dnt get me wrong im a huge fan of both shows but, lately i been seeing myself being ok with not watching “All My Children” because it was starting to get boring no excitement. “One Life To Live”, on the other hand is full of excitement and drama, and now that every bodies coming back its mouth dropping good, what people want to see is drama and excitement, why do you think reality shows do so good on rates? Its again the drama and excitement that keeps people watching, so just sit back and reconsider before canceling both of the best soaps in the world! And this is to whom ever it may concern!

7. Debra Pol says:

I have been watching both shows for forty years, I am forty five. I am most disappointed that they are going off the air!!! Every time I watch them they bring back good memories of my grandmother!! The last I have left in fact (WATCHING SOAP’S WITH GRANDMA AND WRESTLING WITH GRANDPA). I will miss them completely the single bright light to remind me of my loved one and it will be gone soon!!! Too bad!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Christine Cormier says:

There is no longer any reason to watch channel 7. I have watched All My Children & One Life to Live from the start. I’m pissed that you think we need more garbage reality shows. I do not watch any of them and never will. You just lost a viewer.

9. destiny says:

please dont get rid of oltl. its just getting good. every day on my way home from school i get excited knowing that i have oltl and gh recorded and ready to watch. that’s grimy how yall are replacing oltl

10. charlotte says:

I am thoroughly disgusted with abc’s decision to cancel amc and oltl. These shows have been my escape from my problems by diving into the lives of the people of llandview and pinevalley. Now what am i supposed to do? Wheni lost my mom, oltl was my therapy for dealing with my loss. The last thing we need is more stupid reality tv. People watch tv to escape reality sometimes. If the networks keep removing these kinds of shows, what will people like me do? ABC- You SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Buddy says:

I do believe that this will be a big mistake to remove these shows, it also saddens me to know that the shows that I grew up watching with my grandmother will no longer be available. I think that TV has way too many talk shows”reality shows as it is now and to replace these Soap opera shows with more is just nonsence. I watch One Life to Live EVERY single day!! As years have passed the show has improved and only gotten better, I can’t wait each day to see whats going to happen. I am really hoping soon that John and Natalie will find out the truth. I think by removing these shows will bring down the rankings to this channel. I would really LOVE for you all to keep these shows on the air. Is January 2012 the last airing for One Life to Live?

12. Jaci Johnson says:

So hard to believe that two of the most watched soaps are going off the air and being replaced by more talk shows..what is wrong with ABC? I’ve been watching these for so long and enjoy that time of the day to live their lives in my mine. I love the actors and look forward to each day. No more food shows please..No more talk shows, so tired of their views of things that they know nothing about.
    No more watching something that can be so disgusting to watch. Who care about the lives of stars, their money, how many children they are adopting..their sex lives..
    Give us back the shows we love…

13. Juanita Roldan says:

WE HAVE TO COME TOGETHER AS VIEWERS AND FANS TO TRY & STOP THIS MADNESS. HOW DO U CANCEL THE 2 BEST DAYTIME SHOWS ON TELEVISION? HOW FAIR IS THAT? I AM SO PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW THAT I CAN EVEN FULLY EXPLAIN THIS. CAN WE WRITE SOMEONE, CAN WE GO ON STRIKE…ANYTHING TO GET THE ATTENTION OF SOMEONE TO HELP THIS MATTER. WHAT WILL THE ACTORS DO, WHAT WILL US ..THE VIEWERS DO? PLEASEEEEEEEEE RETHINK THIS PEOPLE. I CAN BET AND GUARANTEED THAT I WILL NOT EVER WATCH THESE HEALTH SHOWS THEY WANT TO REPLACE MY SOAPS WITH…WHAT? WHAT FOR? THERE ARE OTHER JUNK CHANNELS FOR THAT! THIS IS UNBELIVABLE….IM LITERALLY IN TEARS! THEY HAVE NO IDEA THE AFFECT THIS HAS ON THE ACTORS AND OR THEIR FANS! SHAME ON U ABC…SHAME ON U. U WIL REGRET IT WHEN NO ONE WATCHES THESE SHOWS N THEN U’LL REALLY LOSE OUT ON MONEY & VIEWERS!

14. keri hicks says:

Brian foner you just lost millions of viewers and nobody will be watching ABC anymore.This is the 20th page i went to that was cussing abc and over 200 comments on each saying they will never watch ABC again. i grew up watching ALL MY Children.You think you changing so u can pull in younger people. NEW FLASH : im 25 years old and i have over 800 friends younger and same age and we all love all my children. Your rates its going to drop and i hope they elect a new president for ABC after they see what happens? Your behind be fired because of your dumb decision. Think before you do things. You have half of the world hating you over millions never going to watch ABC again. I’ll pray for you. because your in trouble

15. MARY says:

I’VE BEEN WATCHING ABC SOAPS SINCE DARK SHADOWS AIRED, AND I WAS VERY YOUNG AT THAT. I ENJOY THEM VERY MUCH.

EVEN THOUGH THEY SOMETIMES ARE FAR FETCHED, THEY DO TOUCH ON SUBJECTS THAT ARE PART OF DAILY LIFE. IT AMAZES ME HOW REALISTIC THEY CAN BE AND CAN BE VERY INFORMITIVE TO VEIWERS WITH CERTAIN SITUATIONS THAT THEY MAY BE GOING THROUGH THEMSELVES.

I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW THE RATINGS CAN BE DOWN BECAUSE THE SHOWS ARE GETTING BETTER EVERY DAY. DO THEY NOT UNDERSTAND MOSAT PEOPLE WORK AND MAY DVD OR VCR IT? DO THEY UNDERSTAND THE IMPACT OF THEIR RATINGS ON OTHER SHOWS AND THEIR BUSINESS IF AND WHEN THEY DO CANCEL AMC & OLTL?

LIKE MANY OTHERS, I WILL CEASE FROM WATCHING ABC IF THEY DO THIS. THE BACHELOR, BACHELORETTE, DANCING WITH THE STARS, REGIS & KELLY (BECAUSE OF AMC), THE VIEW, NEWS, ETC., I DON’T CARE. NOTHING TOPS MY SOAPS.

IF ABC IS SO DETERMINED THEY KNOW BETTER, AND THEY DO THIS, IT’S THEIR LOSS. WHOEVER TAKES AMC & OLTL OVER WILL BE MAKING THE MONEY, NOT ABC. THEY BETTER BE READING WHAT PEOPLE ARE POSTING. THIS WILL BE THEIR DOWNFALL.

16. Rita says:

I agree with a lot of people on here!! I love escaping to my soaps!! There is enough reality shows on tv n if I want to watch food shows I watch the food network!! To take off these soaps is so stupid!! I barely watch abc as it is but I watch my soaps. I pray n hope somone will pick up these soaps!! The shows n the fans deserve the best and to keep running!! So fans let our voices b heard we want our soaps!!!

17. ana says:

You know it is nice to see a change, for you guys to take the step to try to help out society to be heathy. I can’t wait for the chew, I love all those Chefs. And maybe people should be open to change, change can be good, even though it is sad, it can be good.
    As for people being greedy, well lol, that is the nature of the game.
    I hope all of you who are heart broken, can see besides the greed that sometimes thing have to change.

18. C Keffer says:

Liberal stations again take off the long running soaps!! Maybe some people don’t like all the reality TV. They also believe we don’t want to go to the book store or the library to obtain a book. They think we all have to view everything on a computer – even read a book. How about diversity!! Off with the old, on with the new. I know they are silly, but sometimes a little “silly” when you have had a day of reality can be great!!

19. linda smith says:

I think will should boycott all the sponsers of abc and hit them where it hurts I will not be watching the new crap they are putting on thats for sure

20. Ann Camp says:

i love both shows so much i taped them so when i came home I could watch something i enjoyed!! i am so sick of all the reality shows and live. we have enough of those. so i will hate that i can’t watch them, so I guess i have to learn to watch a new soap opera since ABC is so wrong about what people want. everyone is right the reason for the change of viewers there is so many channels and everyone is losing some, but the real viewers are still there. not any more ABC…done. I will have to learn to view a new soap and will so sorely miss All my children and one life to live.

21. Noreen Grasse says:

I first started watching AMC in May of 1973 while I was in the hospital giving birth to my first son. I have been a fan ever since. Yes, I work, but I got so hooked on it that I taped the show so I could watch when I got home. In the 38 yrs I have been watching AMC, I have only missed a handful of shows. The storyline is wonderful and touches on issues that affect many people’s lives, including my own. With all the horrible news in the world, AMC has been the greatest escape for me and obviously for many many others. I have grown to love all the characters and will miss this wonderful program immensely. I will NOT be watching the replacement shows. How many more talk shows and food shows do we need????? ABC, you’re making a HUGE mistake!!! It would be sooooo resfreshing to have a Network actually CARE about what the “people” want and not just what they “think” will bring more money in for them. Sincerely, An “Ex” ABC Fan

22. Bobbie Poor says:

I am an older stay at home mom and have been watching all my children and one life to live for 30+ years. These are the high spot of my day. If I can’t watch them when they come on, I dvr them and it is so nice to have a good show to watch when everyone is in bed or the house is quiet. I feel like I am losing a part of my soul. these have been in my life forever! they are my second family. why would you take such good shows off to put on more of what we already have too much of. I am like every one else…I won’t watch anymore cooking show. I have my favorites that come on at a different time than my soaps do, and I don’t have time for any more. Please re-think this decision. You are taking away a big part of our life by taking these shows off the air. It’s great to get tangled up in someone elses problems once in awhile. It takes ours off of our minds and helps us to realize that, hey, things could be worse. My heart is filled with dismay at the thought of these great shows coming to an end soon. I just don’t know why you have to do it!

23. susan says:

please dont take those two soaps off i grew up with them and i will get depresses if you do that . I hate those reality shows those people on those soaps are like family

24. Shawna says:

I agree completely I grew up watching these show’s and it break’s my heart! It is like a tradition in my family,and my daughter loved watching them with me…my hope was when you are a mom you will watch this with your littl ones! I will not watch these two show’s you are putting on the air…I mean yeck I don’t like the reality daytime show’s you have on there anyway! Please reconsider I don’t think the public is ready to let this go! If I need my own exscape from my own reality I turn on my soap’s I actually cry when someone dies…it is in my heart and shame on you ABC for not seing that you are ruining this for SOOO MANY PEOPLE! We didn’t even have a chance to speak out a poll nothin…it was just BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. Dya says:

I STOPPED watching anything ABC/Disney years ago other than my soaps. I can’t stand their stupid talk shows and could care less about the “View” of Hollywood snobs. After they cancel One Life to Live and All My Children; I’ll add all Disney movies to my boycott. How sad for all of us, our soaps touched on very sensitive subjects it real life. Not to mention so many people will be out of work adding to the bad economy.

26. pat says:

well if they are taken one life to live and amc why not do all of them i don,t think it is right for them to do these two shows and leave the others on,

27. Curtis says:

These 2 soaps i even grew up on i am surprised that they still keep general Hospital that took a turn for the worst back in the late 80’s early 90’s losing luke and laura and then bringing aliens into it too… Dont do this or else your station will be just another channel like cbs with nothing to show worth watching..

28. Theresa says:

I will not be watching your new shows that will replace my soaps. I think you will realize you are losing viewers, steadily on both daytime and prime time because you keep cancelling shows. I will only view your other competitive stations from now on.

29. DiBrown says:

I think this is a mistake. There are so many talk shows/home shows/advice shows. I think some of the story lines on the these soaps may have gone a little too outlandish. Change writers not cancel the shows. People still like soaps. There are many. Night time is becoming filled with them. Why not at least continue them on soapnet if you need to free up day time. My opinion is let them stay.

30. Michele says:

OK folks…I’ve been making fun of alot of my family that are upset with ABC’s decision to chuck AMC & OLTL. I ask them all the time, “How many times can you see someone come back from the dead?”, “How many times can you see someone suffering from amnesia?”, “How many times can you watch people cheating?”…Well, to tell you the truth, one of my guilty pleasures used to be soaps, and though I don’t watch much anymore, it deeply disturbs me that these shows are being taken off the air. These shows are more than just “time slots”. These shows keep people company that are home with kids. Baseball players have actually admitted to watching them while on the road because it gives them a sense of “home”. They remember watching these soaps with their moms and grandmas. Though I personally don’t like when soaps bring “real life” issues into the storylines (such as PTSD, breast cancer, bullying, etc.) because it takes away the escape from the world that most of us look to when watching these shows, I really don’t think these shows should be taken off the air. Granted we do have SOME who think that life is actually supposed to be the way it is portrayed on soaps, I think for the most part, people know the difference between reality and fantasy. These shows are simply an escape from the monotony of life. These characters become our friends when we’re lonely, and it enhances the human experience as we relate to these characters. It sometimes allows us to see that we’re all different and have different morals and values, but there’s usually a good person underneath it all. I have fluctuated toward and away from these soaps since I was a kid. I am 44 years old, and feel like someone is about to die. It was nice to call in sick once in a while and actually watch these shows at their regularly scheduled times instead of having to DVR them or watch them on soapnet. There’s nothing wrong with a little fantasy. God knows life has become way too hard and commercialized. Though I do watch some reality TV such as Survivor (more of a game than anything), Idol and Dancing (I like talent shows) due to the lack of good-scripted writing such as shows on other networks such as “House” and/or cable networks such as “Empire Boardwalk” and Spartacus, I am finding that we have way too many talk shows and reality shows out there and we’re getting rid of way too many good shows: 24, Detroit 187, Chicago Code, etc. I am so glad that Oprah is gone. She was dangerous to many women who looked to her as a demi-God. These types of shows along with all the reality crap are ruining us. There is no talent involved and anyone can talk a bunch of crap to an unprepared audience. These shows are dangerous, misleading and malinformative. There’s too many doctor, talk, weight loss, beauty, food, and other reality shows out there. The only reason why I watch some of these from time to time is due to the entertainment value which is usually ridiculous. I need a good laugh every so often. ABC as well as other networks need to listen to folks…for example on FOX, Idol is going down the tubes b/c of the voting…it’s skewed. Everyone makes fun of The Bachelor, the Biggest Loser, Hell’s Kitchen and various other shows. There is no creativity or higher caliber of writing for these shows. Thank God for cable networks where some of the better-scripted shows lie. Though I haven’t watched AMC or OLTL in a while due to my hours and workload, I am very sorry to see these shows go. They have been a part of my life, and it was always nice to know that if I wanted to get back into them, so to speak, I’d be able to catch up on things fairly quickly and they were still there for me. Corporate America is ruining us. I hope all of you folks that are vowing to not watch the new shows in place of these soaps put your money where your mouths are. These huge corporations need to realize that “WE, THE AMERICAN PEOPLE” are supposed to run this country, not them. Hopefully they will learn this and be humbled by the experience when (and if) folks actually turn their TV’s off between 1PM and 3PM(and don’t start watching other networks, so their ratings go up, so they can do the same to us again later on), do not buy any products advertised during these times and STOP TAKING YOUR KIDS TO DISNEY for a vacation. There’s plenty of other places to see and things to do. Eventually these idiots will get the message and remember who’s really in charge and where their friggin’ money comes from. As the saying goes … “Don’t bite the hand that feeds you.” Perhaps it’s time for us to see how they like it when they go hungry?

31. kb says:

I don’t think anyone that DVR’s ABC soaps will ever tune in to the replacement shows. youre letting down great actors…crews and their loved ones first and foremost. despicable thinking… they are greater than you realize.

32. Rachel says:

SERIOUSLY??????? ,,, welp…. I (along with my entire frat, family, & county I reside…) Will no longer watch ANYTHING on ABC , soaps- as silly as it my sound….are therapy for me & ALL OFF MY FRIENDS…. highlight.off each day is coming home to the.couch the.dvr, & my 1 hour off complete silence & MY SOAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ****BITE ME ABC…. all my children ……BEST SHOW ABC HAS EVER, EVER, EVER HAD!

33. margaret barmann says:

I just cannot believe all the talk show that r replacing 2 very good shows. All my children. And One Life to Live. How many talk shows can we watch. It is ridiculous. And I know I am not alone in being very upset because the network ABC. It is. Such a bad decision

34. nicole says:

I have lost all interest in the rest of ABC/Disney shows and products. I don’t understand why you would think putting 2 “reality” based shows in the place of AMC and OLTL would go over well with the devoted viewers of these shows!? I’m not to sure who Mr. Frons consulted or polled about this idea of his, but I think people should boycott ABC and start a petition to keep our shows on TV! This isn’t anything but a ploy to line the executives pockets with more money while putting silly shows like The Chew on television thinking that this is what the people want to see! Your viewership has dropped dramatically since Oprah went off the air and the numbers will dramatically drop again when you take these iconic shows off the air. These shows have been on as long as I have been alive and the memories that conjure up when I think about being a little girl and watching AMC with my, now deceased, great-grandmother are now tinged with infinite sadness and dismay because I will no longer be able to think about sharing in that activity with my grand children or great-grandchildren.

I hope the viewers will show ABC how wrong they are for taking the 2 iconic soaps off the air for trash TV! I no longer have to watch ABC to see Dr. Phil…I will watch him on OWN! I will definitely NEER watch these new shows your putting on. There are entirely too many supposed “reality” television shows on now. What would make you think I would want to watch one more? Mr. Brian Frons you have made a horrible choice and your viewership is going to dramatically drop and then I hope the board will take a vote and replace your “iconic” tail for a President of Daytime TV that actually listens to the outcry of your loyal and faithful viewers.

ABC…sell the rights to AMC to Soapnet so I can conntinue to enjoy my show!smh!

35. Francis Smith says:

I feel like some of the other viewers. These shows were a diversion from the normal life and you could get into them. I haved watched since college and still watching. Now I DVR them on Tv , when I go home after work I watch. If I see one more reality show , I am going to scream. There are enought Cooking Shows, Makeover Shows, Baking Shows, and reality that is so phony that it is not “Reality”. Cheap stations that’s all I see.

36. Hope says:

My grandma got me hooked on soaps when I was a young girl. I’ve watched them my whole life. i even managed to keep up with them when I went back to school as an adult. I am so sick hearted that they are canceling soaps. Don’t we have enough talk shows and cooking shows. i’m sick of them. what ever happened to a variety appealing to all walks of life. I guess that went the window! all these executives care about is the bottom dollar. So sick of it.

37. charity says:

i am just one viewer but i have been watching these all my life i watched with my grandma and my mom my kids watch them with me with everything else people are losing their jobs home lifestyles we could always count on our soaps to make us feel better we have seen people come and go cryed laughed worried and cared what happened to them how can you do this to the fans its just not right

38. Lynda says:

I am absolutely devastated! I watched AMC back in the late 70’s / early 80’s and returned to watching it in this new decade. I love it more now than I did then and it is the ONLY show I watch daily. I watch very little TV as I do not have the time, but I do record my AMC and that is the only real “relax” time that I so look forward to each evening. I love the story, it was becoming unbearably “stupid” several months ago that I wanted to write to the writers, but then all of a sudden it became so “edge of the seat” always making us wonder what was going to happen the next day and NOW! it is going off the air. Along with many others, I will no longer watch anything on ABC. ONLY TO BE REPLACED BY YET ANOTHER COOKING SHOW?!?!?!?! PREPOSTEROUS! The only TV show that I watch, just gone! ABC sucks, big time. Down with ABC.

39. Lynda says:

Oh, and the worst of it, it is being cancelled I guess on Monday since I no longer see it in my “daily schedule”, my birthday. This really does suck. I have never felt a need to post to anything before this, this is a first for me. My only soap, my only show, it will truly be missed, never to know the outcome of all the characters, Opal & her new beau, Erica and whether she finds Mike, is Babe still alive? has David turned soft because of Cara? will Angie get her sight back? and on goes the questions, never to be answered. Damned crime I say!

40. melissa says:

why take something away that we have watched for years i will not watch abc again this is just upsetting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

41. Pam says:

The only thing fitting to say of ABC is
    Your Station blows!!
    I hope another network has the smarts to pick up AMC. I really hope someone enjoys the chat – the chew – whatever the program is that’s replacing AMC. Garbage!!

• Debra says:

I hear they will be online shows now and i will be watching them ONLINE !!! .. to bad abc did not take into consideration how many people dvr,d or tvo’d the shows …I WONT BE WATCHING THE CRAPPY CHEW OR ANYTHING ELSE AT THAT TIME ON ABC WE HAVE ENOUGH OF THOSE SHOWS ALREADY !

42. Kathy says:

I can see taking One life to Live off the air – haven’t watched it in years….but to take off All My Chilren is awhful! We need to keep that show and bring back shows like Dallas, Knots Landing, Family Matters, Step by Step, Love Boat…..when will we have these kinds of shows back on???

43. Priscilla Mertel says:

My sister and I used to run home from school to watch AMC & OLTL…. General hospital was really good back then, but i havent watched that show in a long time.. got tired of it, and Sonny and Carly drama. We grew up with these shows, and can’t believe that this network has even contemplated taking them off the air. Life is hard enough and tough enough to take away the joy that these shows have given to women of all ages. I can’t believe a show like the Chew will replace icon’s. If I want to watch cooking shows, i will watch FoodNetwork… Paula Dean, and the rest. Crafting shows, Baking shows well, Martha Stewart is great for that. We do NOT NEED anymore of them . Thanks so much ABC jerks for taking away what so many women and men love to watch. I dont know who made this decision, but I will NEVER watch abc again. I do not care what you put on to attract the audience, I will see to it that ABC never plays on my television again. Shame on the executives at ABC who made this decision. BOYCOTT ABC …. BOYCOTT ABC…. I HOPE this finds you all and that everyone remembers. I know they probably said at their executive meeting…. oh… there will be a lot of chatter about this… but it will all pass.. as time goes on… women will forget and start watching again. I’ll tell you all … i will not forget and i will boycott ABC forever. That I can promise you.

44. i j b says:

I recently became disabled. But before that happened I used to record all my children & one life to live. And now I’m at home most of the time. The thing I really enjoyed grew up watching is now being removed. I don’t think that ABC really understands nor cares about the viewers.

45. sv says:

Sad to here that you are replacing OLTL with some food reality show that I will not watch unless you replace the cast with the cast from OLTL, the characters that I look forward to watching every day. Just what we need another food show. If you want to watch those programs, I would think that people would view them on the Food and Cook Channel’s. You can view them there all day long, till your eyeballs bug out. I tape OLTL with my DVR and watch it when convenient. I have personally viewed OLTL for over 40 years, my Daughters age 29 and 21 also look forward to watching it every day. My Mother, Mother in law several Cousins and Friends that also enjoy this program. I can guarantee will not be watching The Chew. You will loose over 25 viewers that I know of in our small town in Michigan. That’s nothing to you , I’m sure. Very disappointing…I feel really bad for the Cast that you are taking jobs from. I wish them all the best!

46. roberta says:

I don’t want to lose AMC. I will boycott any show you put in place of it.

47. Sharon says:

Well, ABC will lose this viewer, that’s for sure! I’ll just switch over to CBS and learn those characters again. They don’t measure up to AMC and OLTL, but hey, it’s better than what you plan to do with the time slots! GOODBYE, ABC!!! AND HELLO, CBS!!!

48. mars says:

Well, it is going to be hard to not have AMC and One Life to Live in my life. They helped me through some rough times which I had to deal with and some were the same things in the shows. ABC will never the same again and another cooking show, really!… to many on now why another one? We seem to focus on eating and yet we are an unhealthy country. Soaps bring time to people to not deal with reality and yet enjoy the lives of these actors and actresses. They will be missed and it will be time to change networks and become a part of another station of soaps. Good by All My Children and One Life to Live you will me missed greatly. Good Bye ABC… can live without GH.

49. Walkssosoft says:

I will not be watching ABC or Disney channels anymore. When they take off All My Children and One Life To Live. I have many other stations to watch. When you ignore all the fans and ignore the fact that people work and have to record; or watch on computer you are the loser. Hopefully some other station will realize what a big mistake you made and will air these shows on their station. I’m sure all these fans will follow their soaps I know I would because I too grew up watching All My Children and One Life To Live; it will be like losing family members when they are gone.

50. kita says:

i thiink they should at least continue to play on soapnet or something. I will not be watching abc anymore.