ABC Axes All My Children and One Life to Live

And then there were four.

ABC is confirming what has been rumored for weeks: All My Children and One Life to Live will end their storied runs in September 2011 and January 2012, respectively.

The twin cancellations will leave just four soaps on the air — Days of Our Lives on NBC, General Hospital on ABC, and The Young & The Restless and The Bold and the Beautiful on CBS.

AMC and OLTL — which have been around for a combined 83 years — will be replaced by a pair of generic-sounding (and cheaper to produce) talk/lifestyle shows, the food-themed The Chew and the makeover-centric The Revolution.

Contain your excitement.

“While we are excited about our new shows and the shift in our business, I can’t help but recognize how bittersweet the change is,” said ABC Daytime president Brian Frons. “We are taking this bold step to expand our business because viewers are looking for different types of programming these days. They are telling us there is room for informative, authentic and fun shows that are relatable, offer a wide variety of opinions and focus on ‘real life’ takeaways.

All My Children and One Life to Live are iconic pieces of television that have made an indelible mark on our culture’s history,” Frons continued. “Each of the shows has touched millions and millions of viewers and informed the social consciousness. It has been a privilege to work with the extraordinary teams who brought the residents of Pine Valley and Llanview to life each day, and we thank the cast, crew, producers and most especially the fans for their commitment to the shows through their history.”

Ratings for daytime soaps have been on a steady decline for the past two decades as viewing patterns shifted and audiences migrated to talk shows. In the past 10 years alone, the industry saw the cancellation of As the World Turns, Guiding Light, Port Charles and Passions.

In a statement, suds queen Susan Lucci — who has played the iconic Erica Kane since AMC‘s inception in 1970 — said, “It’s been a fantastic journey. I’ve loved playing Erica and working with [AMC creator] Agnes Nixon and all the incredible people involved with All My Children. I’m looking forward to all kinds of new and exciting opportunities.”

Okay soap fans, post those eulogies in the comments section.

1. ANNIE THIEL says:

I REALLY MISS AIDAN TURNER AND COLIN EGGLESSFEILDSON. WHILE THEY WERE ON ALL MY CHILDREN SAME WITH MARC MENARD.

2. ANNIE THIEL says:

I LOVE ONE LIFE TO LIVE AND THEIR STORY LINES AND THE ACTORS AND ACTRESS. ACCPET MARK LAWSON, MELISSA ARCHER, MICHALE ESTON AND THE NEW GIRL DEENA. NOT MY FAVORITES. I LOVE ONE LIFE TO LIVE FROM 2000. THAT WAS THE BEST YEAR WITH ALL THE GREAT STORY LINES. I STILL LOVE ONE LIFE TO LIVE NOW. THEY JUST TO BRING SOME MORE PEOPLE FROM THE PAST LIKE WILL AND LINDSEY. WILL AND JESSICA SHOULD BE BACK AS LOVERS.

3. Sabrina says:

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! This is SUCH a tragedy! I’ve watched these soaps since I was a little girl. I tape them everday when I am at work and watch one when I get home and the other in the morning before I start work. These soaps are my escape. Please, please don’t do this.

4. nick says:

thats abc 4 ya. the reason i watch AMC cuz its something ive watch with my mom 4 10 years. im a man & got made fun of 4 watchin but i love it.it something i thought id have 2 thinkin of my mom 4 years 2 come. somebody needs 2 pick AMC up 4 another network put it on cable. guess i’ll start watching GH

5. Debbie - Chesapeake says:

I don’t even know what to say about this situation. In lieu of all the craziness in the world and most especially within our government Soaps are a means to escape from all that. Some of us having been watching since we were younger and along side our mothers while growing up. Now 2 of the biggest soaps are being taken off the air?
    What in the world. I don’t watch ABC as much as other networks and it seems I won’t be watching them at all now. I realize that soaps are not something that we must have to survive, however, some of us have been watching these 2 shows since the beginning. It’s hard to imagine not coming home from work and being able to watch these shows. The daytime soaps are no different than series at night and we certainly do not need more reality shows. This is very sad and if this happened the way the other comments are stating it is wrong as well. If you wanted to take the soaps off the air at least be Moral enough to tell the actors on the shows (some of which have given their whole adult lives to the shows) the truth about what is taking place. Good luck with whatever you put on your network I certainly won’t be watching. I also watch General Hospital but will be glad to stop watching that as well as it is not as good as One Life anyway. More time for reading I suppose. I thank all of the talented actors over the years for all the enjoyment they have provided us and wish them much luck. I wish another network would take over the production of both of them.

6. Annie says:

More talk shows? Really? When I want to just lose myself in fluff, I want Erica to lead the charge. I find the comments to various stories much more interseting than any talk shows…

7. ann says:

If ABC thinks I will stay a faithful ABC daytime watcher they are sadly mistaken I would rather have my soaps I have watched for 30+ years than some stupid food show or another talk show. I will still watch general hospital until ABC decides to axe it also. My opinion this is a stupid move on Disney/ABC part

8. Lynn Chapman says:

Good luck ABC, but I now will not watch any of your programs, in my opinion these were the only 2 shows on your channel worth watching period! I will stick solely with CBS now. Talk shows and decorating shows are a dime a dozen and both have their own networks dedicated solely to these things and are both very good, you will not be able to compete with HGTV, DIY, Food Network and Food Channel. When will the networks start going out of business? ABC will be on the top of that list.

9. Christy says:

This is a terrible decision by ABC/Disney. The argument that women aren’t home is silly. Many of us “working and educated women” treasure coming home and unwinding within the stories of these families. We have watched them for dozens of years, and the characters feel like family. Please reconsider this…….the housewives may be out working, but we can Tivo! I will not be watching the new programing.

10. sandy says:

well this sucks!! i hate day time talk shows everywhere you turn there is a talk show talking about the samething as every other one! I hope that it doesnt give ABC the rating they are hoping for

11. Maria says:

I think they should go to another network. One Life to Live and
    All My Children do not have to necessarily be on ABC. Go somewhere else! They’re not the ONLY network.

12. Danelle says:

This is ridiculous I would think the other soaps would be canceled before one life to live that is the only good one on the air

13. Becca says:

I have been watching AMC, ONTL, and GH my entire life. Every sick day, every day off, every day of summer vacation. I am now 16, and every day when i get home from school i ask my mom for an update. These shows are a huge part of my life. I have grown up with many of the characters, and many of them have become role models for me. Soap operas are something that we can watch to get our daily dose of drama without actually living it. Those of us stuck in small towns with nothing exciting in our lives have something to look forward to. And, ultimately, they make the problems in our lives seem minute. These shows make us laugh, make us cry, and make us fear for our lives. I cannot imagine not waking up at noon every weekday next summer to watch them. I think it is completely ridiculous. You think you’re going to get better ratings from a cooking show and a makeover show? Yeah, let’s see how that works out for you. I know for a fact that nobody in my house will be watching those shows, where we were tuned in to the station every day from 12-3. I actually watched them today. I just hope that you will realize that you are being a complete and total idiot and just keep the shows on the air.

14. cat says:

I have been watching AMC since I was a little girl, with my mom. Of course with the hands over the eyes by my mother for some of it…lol!!! My 3 children and I have a corny tradition of singing to the theme song and just hearing the themes over the years have made me smile! These soaps are more than just “silly” storylines, for avid watchers, these soaps remind us of moments in our lives. I think taking these soaps off the air will be a big mistake!!

15. Sylvia Koehnlein says:

I will NOT be watching any new show put in AMC’s time slot!! What on earth is Brian Frons thinking!! AMC has a very loyal fan base…I don’t think Frons realizes just how large this show’s fan base is!! Can you just imagine all of us boycotting any replacement shows..along with the products of their sponsers!

16. staci says:

I will tell you right now I wont watch the new shows. They will not make anymore money and viewers will not be anymore than they are roght now. Good luck…OLTL and AMC are amongst some of the best soaps. I will be very very sad to see these soaps go.I dvr OLTL….the cast has been incredible. I have been watching it since I was a child with my grandmother.

17. annie says:

is abc for real???????????? i’m also done with abc

18. Phyllis says:

I am so upset that ABC has canceled AMC!! I have watched it for so many years and can’t imagine a day not watching it. It is a shame that ABC will be losing a lot of viewers when they cancel our soaps and replace them with another talk show. I don’t know who they are poling to get their information from but aparently it is the wrong people. From what I have been reading, most of the viewers do not want another talk show. They want AMC and OLTL!!! Pay attention ABC!!! Your veiwers are speaking!!!!

19. D Montgomery says:

Are you kidding me? Do we really need another trashy talk show or another food show. What is wrong with the heads of ABC? Alot of people, including me will block ABC from my TV and never watch another show on this channel.

20. Deanna says:

All I have to say is this I stupid ima laugh when you put on those new stupid shows and talks ratings go down even more!! Your right these shows have been on for years probably even before any of y’all were born how is it your right to turn it off this is why ppl stop watching stuff cause y’all pull stupid crap like this!!

21. Tamara Dutcher says:

ABC soaps are great, I grew up with ABC soaps, All my children, OLTL and GH, you best not touch GH. What is going to happen to there jobs.
    this Economy already bites, so you add to it by firing alot of actor’s . granted they have more money than the average person, and a bank account to draw on I am sure. But they need jobs too. PLus there are lots of us who love watching them daily . what are you going to put in place of it, Cooking shows or more NEWs crap. Don’t need it. NO more dr phil. We have plenty of that stuff. NOt to mention plenty of OPrah. did you hear she has her OWN channel now. We don’t need more smutt tv like springer. Tv is DRAMA we love it. We would rather have FAKE drama than the DRAMA that is real that we live with daily that is on the news and in the Senate HOUSE with threats of shutting down the government. All my children and OLTL is much better than that type of drama in LIFE.

22. Faith says:

I also grew up watching AMC and started watching OLTL about five years ago. My husband even watches sometimes because they are so entertaining. I would think that at a time where we have super high unemployment that there would be a captive audience. I understand that in reality these are “just” tv shows, but AMC actually taught me a lot of lessons when I was growing up. They constantly tackle controversial and socially charged issues that face our country-which is a lot more than what you can say about crap shows like “The View” which is really just an Obama rhetoric theatre. Daytime television is already overrun by talk shows that do nothing to entertain the viewer or teach anything. I really don’t understand how they think that people are going to respond well to the blatant attempt by this network to shove big brother and it’s nanny state even farther down our throats. People are tired of being told how to think, what to eat and how to feel about things. If they were so concerned about saving money you would think that they would figure out a way to not over produce primetime comedy and drama shows that fail immediately. Pick a few good ones and invest in them by giving them good writers. Musical Grey’s Anatomy? Horribly ridiculous. Dancing with the Stars two nights a week should do plenty to recoup some savings, but no, they have to burn our eyes even more with political dribble. There will be MAJOR backlash against ABC for this and I’m wondering if this is a targeted bashing of women who stay home and care for their children and husbands. I guess that’s just not “liberal” enough for the heads of ABC. Thank you ABC for showing your true colors!

23. Karen says:

I find this saddling. I understand that business is business and you have to make changes to increase the bottom line however, it is my opinion that ABC will be making a huge mistake by removing these two icons. I will not watch the new shows that replace them but turn on other channels that have shows that I know I already enjoy.

24. Pissed off says:

I can’t not believe this I will never watch channel 7 again after September 2011 I only pray that someone still posts the stories on YouTube so that I can continue to watch them from there. These stories have been apart of my life all of my life and now my life will never be the same. Channel 7 has just lost millions of viewers from 1-4 and probably altogether. I feel really sorry so any tv show that has to replace the stories cause there will be lots that fail.

One Pissed Off Ex-Watcher of Channel 7

25. heartbroken says:

please don’t do it. i will boycott abc altogether. let the new generation go else where. we are loyal to these shows and were raised on them. ABC please reconsider or at least only do it for a specified time and bring the shows back.

26. lynn guzman says:

I THINK THAT THIS IS NOT RITE WHY TAKE THEM OFF THE AIR I WILL MISS ONE LIFE TO LIVE NIT SO MUCH ALL MY CHILDREN THIS NOT COOL IS THERE SOMETHING THAT WE CAN DO I WOULD LOVE TOU KEEP THIS SHOW GOING

27. roberta alva says:

THESE SOAPS HAVE BEEN ON SINCE I WAS BORN. I REMEMBER WATCHING RYAN’S HOPE,AMC,OLTL,GH,AND THE EDGE OF NIGHT(ALL IN THAT ORDER). WHEN I WAS LITTLE AND WANTED TO WATCH CARTOONS, MY NANA AND MY MOM TOLD ME TO LET THEM WATCH THEIR SOAPS AND THEN I COULD WATCH MY CARTOONS. SO WHILE I PATIENTLY WAITED, IT BECAME PART OF MY LIFE. IN JR.HIGH AND HIGH SCHOOL, MY FRIENDS AND I WOULD RACE HOME TO CATCH UP ON THE SOAPS AND TALK ABOUT IT ON THE PHONE. MY BOYFRIEND THEN (NOW MY HUSBAND) SAW HOW HOOKED I WAS ON ABC SOAPS, STARTED WATCHING THEM WITH ME. HE WAS HOOKED,TOO. OUR CHILDREN HAVE BEEN WATCHING SINCE THEY WERE BORN. WHEN WE WERE WORKING, OUR KIDS WATCHED IT FOR US AND FILLED US IN(STILL DO TO THIS DAY),IF WE WEREN’T ABLE TO WATCH IT, WE WOULD RECORD IT AND WATCH IT TOGETHER. THE SOAPS HAVE OPENED ALOT OF DOORS IN OUR FAMILY’S LIVES WITH THEIR TRUE TO LIFE STORIES. IT WAS ALWAYS SOMETHING WE COULD RELATE TO. WHO SAID IT’S ONLY A CERTAIN AGE GROUP AND GENDER THAT WATCH SOAPS? MY HUSBAND AND KIDS ARE DEVASTATED!!! SOAPS GAVE US SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT. PLENTY OF DEBATE AND FEEDBACK. ALWAYS SOMETHING NEW, NO REPEATS, SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO. AMC AND OLTL WILL SURELY BE MISSED IN OUR HOME! OTHER THAN GH, WE HAVE NO REASON TO WATCH ABC. YOU WILL ALWAYS BE PART OF OUR FAMILY. MY NANA AND MOM STARTED THIS TRADITION YEARS AGO AND ARE NO LONGER WITH US BUT, WE STILL WATCH TIL THIS VERY DAY. I DON’T KNOW WHAT ELSE WE ARE GOING TO WATCH WITHOUT GOING OFF AIR IN A MATTER OF TIME. AS SOON AS WE GET USED TO WATCHING SOMETHING, IT’S OVER. THE SOAPS WERE A CONSTANT IN OUR LIVES. GOOD BYE AMC AND OLTL, WE LOVE YOU!!!

28. gina lankford says:

I still can not belive that ABC is doing this…
    As a child my Grandmother tought me how to tell time by AMC, when it was just a 30min show.
    My heart is broken but I know my boyfriend will be happy when he gets his TV back..
    Until then “LONG LIVE ERICA & VICKIE”!!!!!

29. Brenda says:

I keep thinking that this is just a dream, but it seems to be a reality!!! I can’t believe that they are replacing these two soaps with more of the same that is on every channel already. I am glad that I have cable, I can watch reruns of Matlock, In the Heat of the Night, the Waltons. Those will be more entertaining than that junk they plan to put on the air. If I could figure out away to have ABC deleted from my cable plan I would. I figure that they already had enough talk shows, my goodness how many times can you tell someone they are fat,interview the same actors, cook chicken. Boring!!!! Like the above, I guess I will have to get caught up on Days of Our LIves, which I tried watching over the years, but found it in no way as entertaining as All My Children , and One Live to Live, those actors on Days are dull.

30. Carolyn Cruikshanks says:

I hate reality shows, talk shows..seems like all the story shows are being taken off..All My Children has been my favorite for years. All the cliff hangers, which keep me going! You are making a big mistake.

31. Hope Bader Kalish says:

Oh My G-d!!!! No!!!!! Just heard this news from my daughter in law, so I decided to look this up on the internet. It is true!! Or am I misreading this?? I have been watching each of these shows since Day one.. What will I do.. I wonder how each show will end.. I am really sad. Like a good friend is moving to far away land…. No Erica, No Vicki!!!! Do not want to say good bye. Maybe they will be glad to retire but I will miss them all….

32. LP says:

ABC will officially suck on Sept.11,2011 if they go ahead with this.I only watch this channel for my soaps and local weather.Im damn sure these 2 new shows wont get as much good reviews or be on air as long as the soaps have.. F’in Idiots!!!!

33. Janie from PA says:

Wow! The only 2 soaps I watch any more are going?! I do learn life experiences from watching AMC and OLTL, they are a source of relaxation, and a break from reality. I never watch talk shows they are too depressing, that what the news is for. I always joke that I watch soaps to make my life not feel so complex. What happened to television shows? Growing up I watched For Richer and For Poorer, Dallas, Dynasty, etc… Recently most of my favorite shows are gone, for example, Ghost Whispers and Medium. What’s next? No more Desperate Housewives? Shows with continous storylines draw viewers or not?
    Guess now is a good time to get rid of soap net! Thank God for DVDs.

34. kris says:

i cant believe it . i cant go a day without watching all my children ! this isnt fair :(

35. SEvansville says:

It appears that the ABC execs don’t pay attention to history. If they really thought about it, they could take a lesson from their own beating. Remember when all talk-tv programming was putting out sludge? Oprah came along and took a road different from all other talk-show hosts.

Oprah is going out on top after 25 years! AMC and OLTL are going under the knife because some Suits in an office don’t understand their viewership. If you don’t like the Oprah example, look at Coke. They changed the recipe, lost customers to Pepsi, and still have not recovered…

36. kaylee says:

I think this decision is STUPID! I am only 18 and i would rather wwatch the soaps than talk shows. I have grown up watching them. Also I think ABC will see that instead of helping their station this change will hurt them. Less people will watch the channel than before.

37. LOUISE GROULX says:

I am sadden about ALL MY CHILDREN going off the air . I watch this soap for years & I wish you would reconsider leaving it on air. PLEASE , from all the fans out there RECONSIDER !!! THANK YOU !

38. Tee Smith says:

I can’t believe that ABC would actually take “All My Children” and “One Life To Live” off the air to put yet another food show and style show in their place. Who cares about a stupid talk show, leave our programing alone ABC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

39. Cheryl says:

I have been a viewer of General Hospital for a long time. Do we really need another cooking and fitness show? Give me a break!

• cheryl says:

Replacing two soaps with a cooking show and fitness show and now there is talk of replacing GH with another talk show!?!

40. brenda jones says:

why our show is gone off the air we shold right back to pick our show like one life to live, and all my children. i which the show everyday. and soapnet.all night

41. kelly johnson says:

wow this is a major disappointment well i can certainly tell you i wont be watching any reality show from here.I think they are making a big mistake

42. R blue says:

Is abc crazy. For taking these shows off the air. U want to cancel something get rid of the bachelor or the rest of them reality tv shows there the garbage. Better yet u gonna start problems removing these two shows, u might want to take a veiwerloll

R u crazy abc. These two shows r icons, in there own right. U want to remove something. Take that bachelor garabage off’ u might want to poll the fans on that move

43. Quiri says:

I think ur the dumbest thing out their frond u see how many people are outraged by this and ur still gonna bot it off Thas ridiculous hahhaha dumbass!!! I arch the show everyday LITERALLY ur really gonna be broke now idiot

44. Special K says:

To those governing the decision from ABC to end the iconic soap operas ‘All My Children’ and ‘One Life to Live’, please seriously consider what I have to say before you follow through on this heartless and cold resolution. ABC has been Blessed to be at the top of network viewership for an unbelievable amount of years. I will agree, you have some good shows on ABC, but remember, the number one watched show in the universe is about to leave. Yes, I am referring to ‘THE OPRAH WINFREY SHOW’. This show will be leaving later this month. So that leaves the question, ‘What will we have left to carry on the tradition of staying glued to ABC once THE OPRAH WINFREY SHOW is gone? Well, up until two months ago, many of us were pleased that we could continue to follow the story lines of our Beloved Soap Operas and at least have something to look forward to. But now, you have chosen to also take another staple out of our lives that have been there for many years, even surpassing THE OPRAH WINFREY SHOW. I must say, even OPRAH herself was an avid fan of these soap operas. I’m sure if she had planned to stay on another year, she would very STRONGLY CONTEST your cancelling of these shows. Let me ask you a question, what will you do when the shows you have planned to replace All My Children and One Life to Live, (‘The Chew’ and ‘The Revolution’)Bomb, like they will so very likely do? You currently have thousands upon thousands of viewers that have stayed loyal to these shows and ABC for 40 plus (+) years. Now many of them, myself included, can’t wait to tell ABC to go take a flying leap!!!! Well, that’s what you’re telling the all of the loyal fans that have kept your ratings high for you. I am the kind of fan that would leave my TV tuned to ABC and on all day just to help keep your ratings high. Well NO MORE ABC!!! After you end ‘All My Children’ and ‘One Life to Live’, there will end my relationship with your network!!! Again, OPRAH will be gone. We can get news and talk shows on every other network. Why would we want to stay with you?? You have chosen to leave your viewers and fans out in the cold, so we must ALL return the favor. One thing for sure, ABC does not have fair weather fans. But now that you are vowing to put everyone out in the rain and snow without a coat or umbrella, we’ll all go somewhere where the network will keep us covered as we have grown to expect. Please ABC, think about what I and many other viewers have said. Remember, OPRAH will be gone!!! If you take our Soap Operas, what else is there to keep watching ABC for? Even the names ‘The Chew’ and ‘The Revolution’ are both weak, weak, weak. So when your ratings are down at the bottom of the barrel, remember, we tried to save you from this fate. Thank you for listening to my plea. The rest is up to you!!

• DELORES MEDLIN says:

I THINK YOU’VE SAID IT ALL AND I AGREE. WE FANS ARE ALL IN AGREEANCE ON THIS TOPIC. WE WANT TO KEEP OUR SOAPS.THERE ARE ENOUGH TALK SHOWS AND ETCS ON TV. IF WE WANTED TO WATCH THEM THEN THE SOAPS WOULD HAVE NEVER ENTERED OUR LIVES. YOU CAN LEAVE THOSE SHOWS TO YOURSELVES. WE WANT OUR SOAPS!!!NO SOAPS NO ABC!!(WITH THE EXCEPTION OF GH) ABC SUCKS!!!SAVE THE SOAPS SAVE YOUR FANS!!!!

45. michelle says:

i am very saddened to see these two great shows taken off air. if general hospital is next i will be even more upset. i keep hoping something will happen and they will realize how many viewers they do have and how important these shows are. you can watch talk shows food shows all day on cable which i could care less about. the soaps are few and far between so they would have much more viewers than what they plan to replace them with.i definitely will not watch. i don’t think they have a clue how many fans the soaps actually have as many viewers record these shows to watch later. when you have something great why would you cancel it. please keep oltl i will truly miss that show:)

46. cynthia love says:

Do you relize how many men watch. These shows u are going to lose soo many viewers I work but I make sure I watch soap net everynite.what ever you put in that time slot I will never watch so how many people do you think feel that way I bet a lot.you will lose a lot of viewer

• DELORES MEDLIN says:

I TOTALLY AGREE.HOPEFULLY THE RATINGS WILL GO DOWN SOOO MUCH THAT THEY WILL PUT THEM BACK ON AIR. LET’S FIGHT FOR OUR SOAPS.IF THEY DO THIS THE ONLY THING I’LL WATCH ON ABC IS GH. I’M THANKFUL IT’S STILL HOLDING ON.

47. Thomas Freeman says:

I am so heart broken over this How could you take not one but two of tv’s greates shows away. All My Children and One Life To Live are what daytime drama is all about other shows have tried to recreate what you have done with those shows, and although I would have like to see some more and longer lasting gay roles; these are shows that are so iconic that the talk in the srteets is that Dallas is trying to come back. I mean if they can come back after what 20 years why should two great shows have to leave. I would rather you take GH off and drop some of those stupid shows off at night and keep these.I know that things are set in stone and the shows are done, but I just ask that at some point you do a primetime update show bring the cast of both shows back after a few years and let us see what’s going on. I will miss the Pinevally and Landview crews and would love to see who’s just as crazy as you left off

48. DELORES MEDLIN says:

I’M JUST WONDERING IF OUR COMMENTS ARE GONNA DO ANY GOOD BECAUSE THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE RELYING ON THE ABC SOAPS TO HELP THEM MAKE IT THRU THE DAY AFTER A LONG DAYS WORK.WE ALL HAVE PROBLEMS IN OUR LIVES AND TO WATCH THESE SOAPS HELPS US TO REALIZE THAT WE AREN’T THE ONLY ONES.IT MAY HAVE EVEN GIVEN A FEW OF US A WAY OUT OR A BETTER WAY TO DEAL WITH OUR SITUATION. IT’S OUR OUTLET.I MYSELF DO ENJOY WATCHING MY ABC SOAPS.NOW AS I TOLD MY DAUGHTER, I DON’T KNOW WHAT I’M GONNA DO EXCEPT TO FOLLOW THE STARS TO WHEREVER THEY DECIDE TO GO. YOU BEST BELIEVE I WONT BE WATCHING THE CRAP THAT’S GONNA TAKE IT’S PLACE, IN FACT THE ONLY THING I WILL WATCH ON ABC IS GH.AFTER THAT MY TIME WITH ABC IS THROUGH.THEREFORE I URGE YOU TO RECONSIDER. PUT THE UPCOMINGS INTO ANOTHER SLOT, AND LET US CONTINE WITH OUR SOAPS,CAUSE REGARDLESS TO HOW MUCH WE LOVE OR LOVE TO HATE THE ACTORS,WE WILL ALWAYS TUNE IN THE NEXT DAY TO SEE WHAT SHE OR HE IS GOING TO DO NEXT. RECONSIDER AND LEAVE US WITH OUR SOAPS INTACT!!!!!!LOSE THE SOAPS AND LOSE ABC SOAP OPERA FANS!!!!!

49. Megan says:

I think it is horrible that they are doing away with the soap operas!
    ABC should be ashamed of themselves! no one wants to see this new show which will probably fail anyway! I am extremly upset. ABC is the worst for doing this to people who have watched these shows forever!!! I hope the president of ABC really reads these comments about what people actually think of what they are doing. I hope all the new shows FAIL!!

50. Agnes says:

I agree with Megan, It is a huge mistake. Abc is going down hill when these soaps goes off the air, and these other shows replacing the soaps will drop. People are sick of reality shows, and food shows, that is why they have the “food ntework”, just keep those shows on that channels, so not only food network has their own channel, now they taking over the regular channels. The food shows replacing the soaps, need to fail really fast, so that Abc realize the mistake they have made.

• marion says:

I AM DEVASTED…..I HAVE WATCHED THESE 2 SHOWS FOR OVER 35 YEARS, AND TAKING THEM OFF IS LIKE LOSING A MEMBER OF THE FAMILY…IT GAVE AN ESCAPE FROM REALITY FOR 2 HRS..I DON’T KNOW WHERE YOU GET YOU FIGURES OF THE SHOWS RATING BUT EVERYONE I TALK TO WATCH THEM. EVEN CELEBRITIES.. I WILL NOT WATCH THE NEW PROGRAMES,WE ARE SICK OF COOKING SHOWS AND TALK AND REALITY SHOWS…PLEASE RECONSIDER KEEPING THEM…………………