Exclusive

Devon Sawa: Nikita's Owen Takes Jabs at Michael! Plus: Exclusive Steamy 'Mikita' Pics

Devon Sawa makes his way back to The CW’s Nikita this Thursday at 9/8c, and the man behind onetime Division badass Owen tells me his triumphant return is a troubled one — for Michael (played by Shane West), at least. As an added bonus to this interview, remember the supersexy “Mikita” moment that closed last week’s episode? Well, I’ve got some exclusive pics.

But first, what Sawa has to say….

TVLINE | What brings Owen back into Nikita’s life?
The last time we saw Owen, he told Nikita (Maggie Q) that he was going to go off to London to get a head start on finding the next black box. But he’s been getting into some trouble. His mind has been clouding up, and he needs her help now.

TVLINE | [Nikita showrunner] Craig Silverstein tells me that there is some jealousy-tinged interaction once Michael realizes Owen has resurfaced.
It was so fun to do, that’s for sure. Owen and Michael had only had one scene before together, and it was at a distance. The fans are really going to like it this time because it’s very tense, but Owen does take a couple of jabs at Michael. Mikita fans are not going to like that too much.

Nikita Scoopfest: Mikita’s Reunion, Division’s Possible Downfall, and…Alex’s Betrayal?!

TVLINE | Where do you think that tension comes from? Is it purely on Michael’s part? Or is there possibly something there between Owen and Nikita?
There might be a little bit of a spark between Nikita and Owen, though he did kill her fiancé Daniel. Plus, his head is really in another place right now. As far as Michael goes, I think there’s something deeper between the two [men]. Something must have happened in the past, and we just haven’t seen it yet. Maybe if I come back [again], we’ll get to explore it a bit.

TVLINE | Why do you think Nikita fans are so taken with Owen? After all, he is a bit of a thorn in Mikita’s side. Still, so many are always thrilled when you return.
I never knew that this part was going to go as far as it has. They originally wanted me for just two or three [episodes], and it’s now been four — and we’ll see if it goes further. When Craig sat down with me and explained the character, I knew that people were going to like him. He’s a badass action guy — a male Nikita — so I’m not too surprised he’s resonated with people.

TVLINE | If Nikita is renewed for a second season, would you want to return in a more permanent capacity?
Absolutely. I have so much fun when I do Nikita. It’s well written, and there’s not weak link in the chain as far as the actors go. It’d definitely be something I’d want to be a part of, full-time or part-time. I don’t know what my year has in front of me, but if Nikita comes a-knockin’, I’m definitely into it.

And now those exclusive Mikita pictures I promised. Enjoy, and don’t miss The CW’s Nikita Thursday at 9/8c:

TAGS: , , , ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, First Look, Interviews, Previews

1. Gigi says:

“Owen does take a couple of jabs at Michael. Mikita fans are not going to like that too much.”

Looking forward to this episode. The sneak peek w Mikita and Owen is intense and a little funny all @ the same time.

2. N says:

LOVE this!! Huge Mikita fan!! BUT I LOVE Owen I think there are sparks between him and Nikita. :) Devon Sawa is amazing! Love watching him play Owen, he does an amazing job!! :) Hope to see more of him WHEN (I gotta think positive) Nikita is renewed for a second season.

• Jamie says:

Huge Mikita fan as well and I love Nikita and Owen’s friendship. But, I don’t necessarily see a ‘spark’ there per se. It’s more of an understanding in my opinion, because they understand what it’s like to lose someone you care about/love because of Division (Owen was responsible for Daniel’s death directly and Nikita inadvertently got Emily killed IMO).

• Monalisa says:

Actually, I am torn. I love Nikita with Michael but I see some sparks with her and Owen. I wouldn’t be against a love triangle storyline. I think Owen is so great. I would be excited if he became a regular!

• Jamie says:

Huge Mikita fan as well and I enjoy Nikita and Owen’s friendship. But, I don’t necessarily see a ‘spark’ between them per se. I think it’s more of an understanding, because they know what it’s like to lose someone they care about/love due to Division (Owen was directly responsible for Daniel’s death and Nikita inadvertently got Emily killed).

3. vinicius says:

so de brazil my house is la

4. Dominique says:

SO happy Devon Sawa’s back this week, I love Owen and I would LOVE for him to be a regular next season!

But ehm.. fourth episode? Correct me if I’m wrong, but this will be Owen’s third appearance right, not fourth?

5. Jaque says:

Very Happy to have Dewon again on the telly as Owen in Nikita. He brings a cool and fun atmosphere for the talks. Can not wait for the episode! And hope to see you next season!

6. abbyyoyo says:

yay! thanks for the Nikita scoop (and the hot pics!!). total Mikita shipper here (sorry, I know we can get annoying, LOL) but I also love me some owen. lookin’ forward to tomorrow’s ep!!

7. Rachel says:

LOLOL! i love that he reffered to Mikita as… well, MIKITA! hahahahah
    he’s such an under the sheets honorary shipper!!
    I cant wait to see Owen.. yes, hardcore Mikita.. but i rly like Owen too! :P

GODDDDDDDDDD THOSE PICS <3333 jfc! thanks for the scoop Meg!!

8. Tara says:

Thank you so much for doing this interview! :D I’m a BIG Michael and Nikita fan, but I love Owen too. So wouldn’t mind if he came back as a recurring guest star even a regular if done right.

I love, love those pictures! :D

Thank you again! :D So excited for tomorrow!

9. Jamie says:

I don’t necessarily think there’s a ‘spark’ between Owen and Nikita per se, but I do enjoy their friendship. I’m still not sold on him becoming a regular yet, though. I’ll have to wait and see how it plays out. For the most part, I enjoy his scenes. But, I have a very fickle opinion about Owen. Sometimes, I like him and sometimes I don’t. As far as Michael being jealous goes, I think it’s like Shane’s said before. That stems from the fact that it reminds him of what he and Nikita have lost, even though there’s nothing actually going on between Nikita and Owen. Jealous Michael will be EFFING HOT, though. I’m glad Devon brought up the fact that his character killed Daniel though, because that is the main reason I could never get behind a Nikita/Owen pairing under any circumstances. I love that he referred to Michael and Nikita as Mikita as well. LOL He’s such a secret Mikita shipper (he did tweet the link to the Mikita scene in Alexandra to Shane, saying ‘good job’ on the scene a few months back lol). ;) As for those Mikita pics, HOT HOT HOT!!!!

• Jamie says:

Forgot to mention I’m also interested in seeing if there is a past between Michael and Owen. That sounds like it could be intriguing.

10. jen says:

love devon sawa. so glad he is back on nikita. love the action scenes he does.

11. RP says:

I used to have a big crush on Devon Sawa as a pre-teen reading my little pre-teen magazines that totally made up a bunch of ridiculous “facts” about him, haha.

He’s fantastic on Nikita. I don’t know there could ever be believable a romance since he killed Daniel, but there’s definitely a sexy spark/some tension. He really is the male Nikita.

Love this show, so excited about tomorrow’s new ep. #OwenforS3regular

12. Avery says:

I love all the crazy romantic entanglements happening for Nikita! I only wish they’d find a way to throw Ryan Fletcher into the mix too. I love that hapless little do-gooder who’s almost as good as Nikita at getting into trouble. <3

13. Kelly says:

I love Mikita but also LOVE Owen. So glad he is back and I want him to stick around.

14. Danielle says:

I am the only one that likes the idea of Owen and Nikita? I don’t dislike Michael, I just like Owen more.

• Jamie says:

LOL I’m the opposite. The idea of Nikita and Owen disturbs the hell out of me. Owen’s okay, but I LOVE Michael way more.

15. David says:

Please Renew This Show!

And the more Owen the better!

16. Mary says:

Cant wait to see this episode!!

17. Ella says:

Meh, I know it’s the conventional option but I’m not into Mikita at all. Michael/Alex and Owen/Nikita have far, far superior chemistry.

18. Jen says:

I’m 100% for Mikita but I love Owen as well (like most of the posters on here). I can’t wait to see this episode! Thanks for the scoop Meg AND THOSE PICTURES! LOVE THEM! <3

19. dxgarten says:

I think Owen has awesome chemistry with Nikita. And I still haven’t forgiven Michael for being a complete jerk to Nikita the last time around.

And oh, Ryan Fletcher bores me. Can we please replace him with Owen?

20. Ashley says:

oh my god those Mikita pics are lovely….*-* mikita ftw! tho I do like owen too…:o)

21. Heather says:

I’m definitely a Mikita fan but like most users I like Owen too…just as long as he doesn’t come between my Michael/Nikita we will be o.k. ;). I also think after just losing his wife and being the one to kill Daniel it’s such a bad idea to ever go there JMO. Anyways can’t wait to see whats in store for this next episode! Love this show and hope it gets renewed.

22. bhm1304 says:

If this show gets canceled and “90210” gets a renewal than there is something very wrong going on. It is the best show on this pathetic excuse for a network. Dawn Ostroff should have been kicked to the curb so very long ago.

23. Rmm19 says:

24. Rmm19 says:

This is a really great show, and I cant wait to see what happens in the next episodes!I really hope it gets renewed.