TVLine Items: LUX Hunk Cops NCIS Role, Couric Returns to Today, and Other TV News to Know

That “nasty” NCIS serial killer story just got a little prettier, with the addition of Life Unexpected star Kerr Smith.

Smith is joining Gibbs and Co. on the CBS procedural for a two-episode, season-ending arc, TVGuide.com reports. The actor will play Lt. Jonas Cobb, a “confident former military man” with unique training that will help the gang identify the Port-to-Port killer.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Katie Couric is heading back to her Today stomping grounds, but just for a visit. The CBS anchor will appear on the NBC morning show Wednesday to promote her new book, The Best Advice I Ever Got — and maybe dish on rumors of a Evening News exit.

South Park‘s 15th season (!) premieres Wednesday, April 27 at 10/9c on Comedy Central.

Dot Marie Jones is taking a break from Glee‘s Beiste to guest star in Chelsea Handler’s new NBC pilot, Are You There, Vodka? It’s Me, Chelsea. Jones will play a lesbian inmate who befriends Handler (played by Laura Prepon) after she’s arrested for a D.U.I., says TVGuide.com.

• Speaking of Glee, Gwyneth Paltrow returns as Holly Holliday in the next new episode, airing Tuesday, April 19. EW.com confirms she’ll be performing Adele‘s superhit, “Turning Tables.”

• Covert Affairs will welcome back Oded Fehr (The Mummy) for a Season 2 guest spot, per TVGuide.com. Fehr returns in the season’s fourth episode as a cocky field agent who complicates a mission for Annie. Affairs returns to USA with new episodes on Tuesday, June 7 at 10/9c.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (8)

• Oded Fehr. I’m a fan and I have to say I loved him in his first CA appearance.

Kerr Smith also on NCIS this season? Lotsa guest stars.

Comment by Renee – April 12, 2011 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay to Oded Fehr coming back for another appearance on Covert Affairs. I loved him and the episode he was in last season. At the time I was hoping to see Oded again!

Comment by Elizabeth – April 12, 2011 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I less than three Kerr Smith. And Chelsea Handler’s pilot is sounding better all the time!

Comment by Dirk – April 12, 2011 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I absolutely love Kerr!!! I may tune in to see him.

I may have to give the Chelsea pilot a chance

Comment by Ed – April 12, 2011 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gwyneth covering Adele? How embarrassing for both of them :/

Comment by Elka – April 12, 2011 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am not a fan of Gwyneth on Glee. I don’t like her character or her interactions with everyone else, and she does NOT have the voice to do Adele.

Comment by Samantha – April 12, 2011 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do me a favor and have the Blonde killed off in the final episode of the season. She doesn’t begin to fit in with the people on this show, which has been my favorite program since it started 8 years ago. Get her gone and soon!!!!!.

Comment by Leroy – April 12, 2011 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Today slot will be open soon, and Katie will need a new gig. A bird in the hand…

Comment by Anna – April 12, 2011 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post