Exclusive

Pretty Little Liars Scoop: Aria and Ezra Will Go Public, But There's a Big Twist!

Sixty-four agonizing days remain until the second season premiere of ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars (airing June 14), but help has arrived in the form of some steamy Aria-Ezra scoop!

TVLine chatted up PLL showrunner I. Marlene King at Sunday’s GLAAD Awards, and she revealed a shocking bit of intel: that Aria (Lucy Hale) and Ezra’s (Ian Harding) controversial courtship will be a secret no more.

Pretty Little Liars Season 2 Spoilers!

“It is highly likely that Aria and Ezra will be going public next season,” King tells TVLine. “Not necessarily in the summer [episodes], but maybe in the fall. As you know, we air episodes in blocks of 12. In the first 12, [the relationship] is still going to be very much a secret. But the second 12 might be their coming out story.”

Granted, the romance won’t be nearly as taboo as it originally was, given that Ezra will have started his new job at Hollis College and will no longer be Aria’s teacher. But par for the Pretty Little course, that doesn’t mean the road is going to be any less rocky for the secret soulmates.

“It’s going to be complicated and it’s going to be awkward when we return,” King offers. “They’re going to find life is even harder with Ezra at Hollis than it was with Ezra at Rosewood High School.”

Ask Ausiello: Scoop on Your TV Faves

Might one of the new wrinkles have something to do with Hale’s recent admission to PopWrap that Aria would find a new love interest? Teases King with a laugh: “There is definitely a love triangle on the horizon.” (With reporting by Vlada Gelman)

1. Linda says:

Seriously can we move on from this couple. I wish they became public when he was till at her school to realize how WRONG this is on soo many levels and how much of a pervert he really is!!

I don’t know how they can make this couple seem ok on any level. She a 16 year girl aka MINOR DATING A TEACHER!!!!!!

• ty says:

I agree, how is this not taboo anymore. It’s okay for a twenty five year old man to date a 16 year old girl. The big problem is that this is very common for almost every show involving high school students. One of the underage female students always dates a teacher. Worst of all they make it seem like some romantic Romeo and Juliet type scenario, when it is just plain wrong. I can overlook it because I know these are just TV shows, but it still sends a bad message.

• B says:

You might want to remember that he was not her teacher when they first met. She was in a bar, where she shouldn’t have been. It isn’t like she got the hots for her English teacher. She got the hots for some random guy in a bar before he became her English teacher. So quit freakin’ out because this relationship is totally different.

• Lin says:

I agree completely !!

• Drew says:

Your so right I see now that it’s not that perverted!! Thnxx

• shesallthat says:

I remember reading somewhere where Aria was 17 and Ezra was 26. I can’t remember where I read it, but I could have sworn I read it in one of the newsfeeds from the Director – Marlene King. If this is the case, they don’t have far to go and Aria acts a lot more mature than Ezra most of the time.

• Hannah says:

She is 16 and he is 23. There is a 7 year difference. Which makes me wonder what the problem is. He is no longer her teacher and they didn’t know he was her teacher when they first met. They tried to stop but they couldn’t. She might be a minor but she is a lot more mature than her age. I think they are an adorable couple and I salute them for getting this far.

• tweethart10o says:

omg thank you i mean i understand where they coming from but he not that old, he jus completed collage an dey met prior to their student teacher relationship….btw if i was her an my teacher looked like that then darn!!! that would have been a tru dilemma, smart, sexy and a hint of danger where can u go wrong……..

• mellyb says:

I totally agree these person who are freaking out need to take a chill pill and just let EZRIA be. And how many years did he spent at college he should be 22 24 because he said he just left college and is at his first teaching job.

• linda says:

all that means is that she was even younger so its still gross

• Taylor says:

theyre only 6 years apart!

• P says:

Exactly! Are you guys sure she’s only 16? Anyway, where I come frome, love doesnt have an age.. I Can see why some og you Think he’s a pervert, but mentally they’re quite close. I cant see what All the fuzz is about. Just be happy for them instead

• Sarah says:

You’re so right! Aria and Ezra obviously loves each other, and there’s nothing wrong in that.

• mandie mcpherson says:

I absolutely agree!

• Danielle says:

You are so right! If they love each other, why does it matter about their age? Aria met Ezra before she knew he was going to be her teacher. Even though Ezra got the job at Holis I believe they should wait before they go public. They are so cute together. WE should be happy for them. BTW Aria is 16.

• shelby says:

but its not about how much older he is its that hes dating his student which is forbidden and he would get put in jail for it
          i love aria and ezra.
          EZRIA 4 ever x

• K says:

I disagree with this as they are in love and age shouldn’t be a problem cause my dad is 8 years older than my dad so if they are in love they should go for it as long as they are sure that they do love eachother.

• TVphile says:

Was kinda annoyed by the age thing (though I kinda like A/E), but King has said that in PA, the age of consent is 16, so it was *only* illegal when he was teaching her.

• AR says:

As a PA citizen, consent at 16 only applies if the person older than you is within four years. So unless Ezra is the youngest high school teacher ever at age 20 it is illegal.

• BC says:

I am actually from PA and had to deal with this situation so I know quite a bit about it. The 4 years is ONLY when one of the parties is 14 or 15. Once you hit 16, you can date and sleep with whomever you want. I was 17 and dating a guy in his later 20s. He was more than 4 years older than me and I have quite a few people I know in law enforcement. As long as it was consensual, there is NOTHING illegal about it.

• Morgan says:

I agree very much as long as they have a consensual relationship it shouldnt matter, she is over the age of 14 when it is considered illegal. People need to stop making it a bigger deal then what it really is.

• Samantha says:

THANK YOU!!!!
            I hate when people write negative comments on things like this. no one wants to here the negative comments! =] So think you for making this point. I personally Like this couple.. he treats her great. No one cars if you guys thinks its wrong or gross. so SHUT UP!

• P says:

I just like when people comment youtube videos. Its like they HAVE to comment something negative on that video with a dog lying next to a baby! Come on! Why are people so angry and negative? Just enjoy the Nice things in life

• Kalista says:

Thanks! I’m tired of people saying “OMG he’s such a perv!!” and it’s Luke omg shut up!! But the only reason I hope they don’t be public is because that woul be an akward converataion between herald her parents!

• brandie says:

The legal age limit is 16. I was dating my husband now when I was 16 and he was 21. The whole thing about him being the teacher ya thats not the best, but it happens every day.

• Mellyb says:

Amen couldnt say it better myself. How the hell is Sexy Ezra a perv he is dating a girl who is 16 (and by the way how the hell none of them has aged in the year since the show has been on)years old the age of consent in PA so why all the sissy fit, he is her teacher well so what it happens. Ezria belong together

• Laura says:

THANK YOU !!!! I TOTALLY AGREEE. the relationship that they have is absolutely gross!

• Faith says:

I could see a 25 year old guy working at a grocery store, or at KFC could date a high school girl. It’s the fact that he has mentally ‘grown up’, has a career, and is/was in a place of authority that squicks me.

• gillean says:

Its a tv show for crying out loud! I think it makes the show more interseting if your hating then why in the hell are you watching it?

• Brieanna says:

I agree with you on that!!!

• Raylene says:

I totally think if u don’t like it and think its gross……….. then why are u watching the show?? I know…….. because its a tv show and its interesting! Duh! Quitchabitchen!!

• P says:

Well, to me there’s only one thing to be mad about – that its not me who got such a lovely boyfriend that I love. It seems to me that maybe this could be the reason why some of these americanized girls are so unhappy with it.

• Mellyb says:

That seem to be the best and only reason it is JEALOUSY. God i am in love with that sexy ass ezra he could teach me a thing or two

• A says:

I don’t know why you guys are making this a big deal, so teachers don’t get to date? You can’t control who you love…
      -A
      xoxo

• Me says:

Um they didn’t even meet at the school!
      I love em together…stop bein so American

• AC says:

In my opinion, Aria and Ezra are inspirational. I’m 16 years old and my boyfriend of 2 years is well into his college years. It was a fight to be together when I was 14 but what you realize along the way is that if you have the right intentions and the right maturity level, age is only an obstacle. From the outside it may look wrong. But for the couple, how can you put an age limit on love and an amazing friendship? Aria and Ezra’s relationship may only seem like a bad influence on tv, but for couples in their situation like me, it is inspirational and comforting to know that our fight isn’t so rare and it’s completely right if there is a good foundation. I love PLL because it embraces real teen girls and gives the viewers real scenerios. I can see a bit of myself in all 4 girls.

• Lisa says:

Oh, honey. In a few years you may understand all this.

PS-your boyfriend sounds like a major creep. So sorry.

• Kaylee says:

@ Lisa: “Oh, honey”….AC’s comment is mighty well spoken to be addressing her like that. Her boyfriend doesn’t sound like a creep at all. In fact, her comment was one of the most well written comments that’s been left. If any of you “nay sayers” actually watched the series from the beginning, you’d see that Aria and Ezra’s relationship came about in a completely casual and typical way. Guy and girl meet at a bar, sparks fly, blah blah blah. You people act like she tried seducing her English teacher on the first day of school and he allowed his student to drop her panties in the janitor’s closet. Jeeze people. If you hate it so much don’t watch the show or harass the people who do love the show and this couple.

• Fiona.Kwok says:

Completely true. It’s nice to see Someone actually posting a proper comment on here. I love Ezria, and I don’t want them to go away.

• lenard says:

she is very stupid. i love this couple so much. i really dont think age is the biggest problem its only like nine years. and really its just stupid to judge people by their age.

• Ezria luvs Aria says:

It doesn’t matter how old they are. The only thing that matters is that they’re in love! We should all be happy for them! Deal with it HATERS! I LUV E/A

• hoikm, says:

it does not matter about the age
      What Matters is their LOVE

• kayla says:

People need to just shut up, its just a show and yeah some people really do date there teachers in real life but so what. its there choice. its there life not yours, if you have a problem with it in the show then DONT WATCH IT. No one wants to listen to your stupid complaints about it. If they are in love then whatever, let them be in love. Besides, they met in a bar and thats when she started liking him, its not like she fell in love wit him when she found out he was her teacher

• Noneya says:

U needs to shut up dye make a great couple and AGE ain’t nuthin but a NUMBER

• sexy lady says:

yea u wish u can have a sexy teacher like him to be with

• Annabelle says:

He’s not a pervert! When they first became involved, he thought she was in college, she didn’t tell him. His feelings were too strong to let go of her. Get your facts right.

• mandie mcpherson says:

I find it alright that they are in a relationship. You can’t help who you love and no one has the right to judge a relationship based on aged. I would see your point of view if he was 40 and she was 15 but their ages aren’t that far apart so in my eyes I don’t see nothing wrong with this relationship.

— Mandieee (:

• kayla says:

i disagree completely. considering he had no idea about her age when they met. their love was pretty much instant and age is just a number. in our culture today a relationship like theirs is considered wrong but in reality there is nothing wrong with it. he is not taking advantage of her age or maturity level. and she does not love him just because he makes her feel safe and wanted. she is very mature for her age. and he is a gentleman. its romantic.

• ezria fan says:

I agree that it is edgy, but it isn’t like the two of them are ancient. The character Ezra Fitz is in his middle 20’s and Aria is 16 almost 17. That age difference is a big gap now…but won’t seem that way later in life. Plus, it has been shown as the most stable relationship on the show…he gets to be Aria’s soft place to fall, but doesn’t back away from telling her things she needs to hear. He helps her see things in a more mature context, but is young enough to relate to what she is going through. The teacher/student aspect of it is such a mute point when you get right down to how they present as a couple. She isn’t his student anymore, so can we move on and allow them to be a couple without all the morality kicks please…it is just a show for entertainment. The real actors know better and most viewers also know that this would be a bad idea in real life…

• Bob says:

THANK YOU! I agree. If it were reality, not tv, everyone would be grossed out by it too. I don’t like the coupling and never have. I always skip over them. How people can find this okay, I don’t know.

2. Leigh says:

Ok, am I the only one who still watches Make it or Break it? I haven’t heard anything about its pick up or cancellation, but it’s not on ABC family’s summer schedule. How worried should I be?

• holly says:

It has been back for 2 weeks now. Monday nights at 8 central on ABC Family. You can watch the back episodes on their website.

• Lambsilencer says:

I think it’s a bit too soon to tell, as there are still seven episodes left to air. It’s not a hit in terms of “Secret Life” or “Pretty Little Liars”, but I wouldn’t call it a failure either. Question is: With three new scripted shows premiering, does ABC Family still have room for it? But I’m still optimistic at this point, IF the ratings don’t drop again, like they did from the premiere to last week’s episode.

• Chenice says:

I watch Make it or break it! The new season is back on! It’s on like episode 2 or 3!

• ashley says:

mee tooo! ilove make it or brake it also pll but secret talks about sezx to much and all that doesnt happen in real life. they make it seem so bad.

• Aryana says:

it has started already. it has been 3 episodes already and it is getting really good. u need to catch u.

3. lene says:

EEEEEEE! So excited. Love Aria/Ezra. My favorite couple on the show… or any show for that matter.

• Cassie says:

@lene, how can you like this couple? I am a teacher and this relationship makes me sick. It’s why I had to stop watching the show. I take my profession very seriously and psychos like Mary Kay Letourneau, and shows like this give all teachers a bad name. Above all I want the students I teach and their parents to trust me. There is no excuse for a teacher having a romantic relationship with a student. And Hollywood needs to stop glamorizing this s***.

• your dumb says:

Get over it, its fake and if it did happen in real life they would get caught and teachers know that.

• Nicole says:

Is it just me, or is it a *bit* creepy that you’re a teacher and watching a show aimed at teens? And get over it, it’s a TV show, and Teacher/student relationships happen all the time. Besides, the only thing illegal about it was that he was her teacher. Now that he’s not teaching there anymore, there’s nothing illegal about it. Besides that, if you fell in love with someone *before* you knew that they were your teacher, would you just automatically stop having feelings for that guy even if it was wrong? I think you need to get over yourself, just because you’re a teacher doesn’t mean that you have to be all high and mighty and above everyone else saying how “wrong” this relationship is and how you want your students and their parents to trust you. Take a tip, don’t put stuff out on the internet with you saying profanity. That will help the students parents trust you.

• Get over It says:

Hollywood isn’t responsible for glorifying PLL. Isn’t just a show, it came from a book series. As a teacher you should probably know what a book is… Ezra and Aria are just characters out of it.. If you don’t like it, DON’T watch the show or read updates for it.. And if you’ve been watching since the beginning, the student/teacher relationship was not known the first time E & A hooked up… As Pascal said, “The heart has reasons that reason cannot know.” The fact that he became her teacher seems relatively minor if they really do love each other, and besides he’s no longer her teacher so you have nothing to bitch about.

• B says:

She wasn’t dating her English teacher for crying out loud!! She met him in a bar! She wasn’t allowed to be there, he was. Why would you blame him for having feelings for some girl drinking in a bar? How the hell would he know that she is 16? When someone sees another person in a BAR, they believe that person is 21. And now, Ezra will not be her teacher so they can date all they want and you can get the hell over it!

P.S. It is stupid to stop watching a really good show just because you don’t like the fact that Ezra and Aria are dating. Get over it. Kthanks.

• D says:

First of all, this story is fictional. Second of all, they’re not sleeping together like Mary Kay Letourneau was with her student. Also, they’ve both recognized that it’s wrong, and any student or teacher watching this show should be well aware of this fact or else they are clearly not mature enough to watch the show. I mean, the show also talks about affairs (Aria’s dad and his previous student, now colleague)and lying (the whole premise of the show). Face it, Hollywood glamorizes a lot of issues that are wrong…instead of complaining about it, you should use it as an opportunity to teach your children about what’s right and what’s wrong. My mom’s a teacher and I have plenty of friends who are teachers and I would never ever look down on them because of a silly, fictional television show.

• Rhonda says:

Cassie, if you are a teacher, I am hoping your not an English or Grammar teacher! I would be extremely concerned for your students. As for the PLL, this is just a TV show, there are far worse shows and/or movies out there for parents to be concerned with. I have a 16 year old daughter. I have yet to be concerned she is going to run off with one of her teachers after watching this show. It is what we as parents instill in our children to molds them, NOT TV shows like PLL!!

• P says:

Are you american? I guess you are… sorry, but this is so typical. I like most people and I’ve been to the states many times (I live in Europe) – generally I love the cuntry, but I think that some of you got an attitude problem! And that’s ruin it for all the free-minded americans. You’re hating everything that’s not identical with yourselves and that’s really a shame. You live only by the rules instead of living by the heart and the positive feelings. Rules are made to keep the society safe – I know – but still I see the most and the worst crimes in the states.
        WHY should one example of a student/teacher relationship put all teachers in a bad position? Im sorry to say this, but it happens every day. And thank God they dont get caught if its by people like you. Its not like Aria is 12 years old – she knows what she is doing. And so does Ezra. You are not as childish as a 16-year-old as you meay think. At least not everybody is. Peple are different and you need to give them space instead of makeing up ruleas all the time that will strangle and kill the different in society.

This post is not meant to be a hating post, but sometimes people need to open their eyes and see the beautiful in things in stead of hating everything!

And thumbs up for all you americans who thinks this is a complicated – but very beautiful – relationship.

• Selenaa says:

OMG me too there soo cute together :)

4. Jason says:

Snore.

5. Mylene says:

Not only are Aria and Ezra together all kinds of creey, but they are soooo boring together. They were a neat secret in the first couple episodes but have since then grown into something that, creepiness aside, should be exciting and illicit and fun and they are completely the opposite. Just an adult acting like a kid and a kid acting like a housewife. They really are very, very boring. I wish this storyline was dropped out already.

6. Caroline says:

Ok, I understand that Ezra not being Aria’s teacher anymore would make things easier, but am I the only one who gets that Aria is 16! How ban her parents possibly be ok with the two of them dating? I loove Ezria, but am I the only who sees that complication?

• Nicole says:

Can you imagine finding your college professor was dating a junior in high school? Legalities aside, doesn’t that just make him a total loser?

• monica says:

If they love each other, I don’t think so.

• BRETT says:

I guess you’re under the belief that 16 year olds know what “real love” is.

• Adrie says:

I guess you’re laboring under the delusion that you have to be 30 to know what “real love” is. That’s bull.

• Nicola says:

Can I just say right now, I DETEST it when people say that teenagers don’t know what real love is. I know many who are in relationships far more serious and loving than many adults these days. I am 19 years old, and I have been in a completely stable, loving relationship with my boyfriend for a year and a half. Obviously not all 16 year olds will know how to commit and be in a “real relationship” right away, but to say that no 16 year old understands what real love is is just plain stupid. Adults like to think that they are so much more mature when it comes to matters of love, but the divorce rate in this country really doesn’t back up your point.

Another thing, this is just a TV show. I think you are all taking this whole Ezra/Aria relationship a little too seriously. Why don’t we spend our time thinking about things that are happening in the real world? If you don’t like the show, no one is forcing you to watch it.

• wow says:

I have been with my husband for 10 yrs. We started dating when I was 14. So ya a 16 can know what love is. He is 5 yrs older than me and it doesn’t make him a loser to be with me. That comment was a little harsh. You can’t help who you fall for. As for the show yea teacher/student thing not good but let’s not be nieve people it happens everyday. But its not going to persuade someone to do it just because of a little show that’s why they call it fiction.

• caitlyn says:

just because we’re young doesn’t mean we don’t know what love is. I’m tired of adults complaining about the subject that we don’t know any better. PLUS! This show is for teens, not adults, so what are you even doing complaining about it? BTW, this couple has the most realistic relationship out of all the couples on the show! It’s not all passion, and it’s not like they’re kissy, kissy goo-goo faced about it. Btw, if he wasn’t her teacher (which, remind you he wasn’t when they first fell for each other)it would be legal so everyone needs to shut up about it being sickening

• ladybugg says:

If you recall this is his first year teaching. You only need four years of college to become a teacher. If he started college when he was 17-18 years old that would only make him somewhere between 21-23. That’s only a 5-6 year difference. I know a lot of couples who are farther apart in age than that.

• Anna says:

To everyone commenting on legal age limit.. The two of them have not had sex. As screwed up as their relationship is and as poor of a message as this sends, it is a tv show- a Romeo and Juliet twist- and I think it is an acceptable twist to the plot for older viewers, and for any parents out there.. Maybe this is a good chance to start an open dialog with your children if you let them watch the show.

• Adina says:

First of all he’s 23, six years older. Secondly this show is not just for teenagers it’s for anybody who feels to watch it like i do. Without disclosing to much about my age i’ll just say i’m a mother of a 17yr old so i see this from both sides. Personally i like them together but then i think, she’s only 16 which is still young. When i think back to when i was 16 which feels just like yesterday by the way, sometimes sh*t happens, sometimes we, as human beings become irractional and allow our emotions to takeover and that happens at any age. PLL is just a TV show and as parents all we can hope is that we’ve installed enough morals in our children for them to be true to themselves and trust what they feel about every aspects of life and not just our personal relationships.Love PLL

7. Margareth says:

They’re the only reason I still watch the show! Hope they don’t break up.

• Lisa says:

Same here, unfortunately. I say unfortunately because I wish I liked the show more but I actually find it really boring. Except for Aria and Ezra – I LOVE them!

• AprilPromise says:

Me too!! I love Ezria! the main reason I watch the show! Hope They won’t break up! or I will not watch anymore!! that’s a blackmail! lol

8. random says:

They need some sexytime! ;)

9. Marie says:

No love triangles, please! They have so much problems already! Give them a break.

10. Jo says:

I love Ezra/Aria together! It’s one of my favorite storyline in the show and I was truly disappointed with their relationship in the books. I’m happy with the changes they’ve made for the show. Triangle aside, this is great news. I just hope they don’t break them up with that triangle! Eager for the premiere. =]

11. Sofia says:

Teen dramas just can’t go on without contrived triangles, can they? We already know Aria and Ezra are soulmates.

12. Lisa says:

Aria and Ezra are my favorite couple on the show. Triangles are stupid because we’ve been told several times they are soulmates. There’s no suspense about whether or not they’ll get back together so it does come off as really lame and contrived. I want to see Ella and Byron find out. I don’t want to wait until next January when the second half starts. I think Aria’s parents finding out will bring exciting drama. There’s no way they’ll be okay with it. I can’t wait to see what kinds of problems they cause. Perhaps forbidding them from seeing each other?

13. kate says:

I love this couple! I can’t wait to see more of them.

14. AlistairCrane says:

I love them as a couple. I couldn’t care less that he’s older than her. He’s HOT!!!!!

15. maj says:

I love Aria and Ezra. Maybe the reason I don’t find their relationship absolutely ridiculous/disgusting is because no one on the show acts like they are in high school anyways. On TV, they rarely accurately depict high school students. In real life the actors are 21 and 24…

16. Cassie says:

How can all of you who like Ezra/Aria not see how disgusting their relationship is? He was her TEACHER for goodness sake. Does that not mean anything? I know many of you will say it’s just a tv show. Try to imagine how shows like this and real life headlines about teachers messing around with their students makes actual teachers feel. I work hard everyday as a teacher to earn the respect and trust of my students. Any teacher who has an affair with a student deserves to see the inside of a jail cell. This isn’t some tragic love story folks. It’s just tragic period.

• Lisa says:

I COULD NOT AGREE WITH YOU MORE! These programs that are “just tv shows” are what people emulate, whether we want to admit it or not — media affects everyone, and impressionable viewers may easily translate these situations into real – life appropriate because it seems glamorous or cute on television. It is NOT cute; it is disgusting in every way. Cassie- you deserve a great big thank you for actually teaching for what it should be about: the STUDENTS. It is wonderful that you are primarily concerned with your students’ comfort, well-being, and education. You SHOULD want the respect of both your students and their parents, and you do not get it by fooling around with impressionable KIDS who are supposed to be learning from you and viewing you as not only an authority figure, but a role model! Thank you Cassie, for being just that!!!! <3

• J says:

It’s good that you two found each other :) Then you can hate while the rest of us will enjoy life and be happy that there’s still some love left in the world – despite of age and position.

• J says:

“America… O’er the land of the freeeeeeee… lalalalalala”

17. sojung says:

they’re in love, what’s so wrong about that? havent you ever thought of that special someone?

18. Ather says:

Well, 16 is the age of consent in PA. Aria is 16. Therefore, only the teacher/student portion is a problem. The bigger problem is, there’s always a love triangle. It’s no longer exciting, almsot never done right, and expected and quite predictable. Happy couuples might be boring, but the same old same old is equally as borig.

19. Jakaila says:

I think everyone is forgetting the fact that they did not originally meet “at school”.. the connection was there the first day in the bar. Neither one of them knew they would become “teacher and student”. And you just ignore those feelings because of age difference. Aria is really mature for her age too…anyway I love them! #teamezraandaria

20. CrazyLove says:

I adore this couple. Don’t get me wrong the teacher/student is really creepy and at first grossed me out. I have fallen in love with this couple, maybe because the relationship isn’t taboo and Ezria catches the true feelings for a couple to have. If you think that I approve of the ST relationship, please don’t I am extremely disapointed that has to get in the way of them being together. Ezra Fitz and Aria Montgomery are soulmates and I don’t think the law or the complications can change that :)

21. Maria says:

I love this couple. They’re the only mature couple on the show. I can’t wait to see what Marlene King has in store for them.

22. Feer says:

OMG, i really don’t know why this is so polemic! The fact that he used to be her teacher is understandable, BUT the age? COMONE! she is 16 and he is 25? 9 yaers older! If she was 18 or 20 it would be ok, wouldn’t? Why people don’t talk about Aria’s dad and his lover?
    And yes… I like the Ezria thing! (:

23. Maya says:

I want to see how Ella and Byron are going to react to this relationship. I don’t care about love triangles. They’re stupid.

24. Lexie says:

Screw the haters. Aria and Ezra are the best thing about this show.

25. TeamAria&Ezra says:

The Aria & Ezra storyline is my favourite part of the show! In real life it would probably be creepy, but on screen it’s not because the actors have huge chemistry and actually aren’t that far apart in age (in real life). I love them as a couple, and Ezra is majorly HOT. Don’t break this couple apart! :)

26. Marissa says:

People take things so seriously! LOL It’s a TV SHOW! The actors have chemistry and the fans (most of them) want them together. What’s the big deal? If you don’t like it, don’t watch it! ;)

27. Denise says:

Team Ezria all the way! My favorite couple!

28. Aria says:

You guys, you do know that now it’s only illegal if they have sex. Considering that it hasn’t been shown that they’ve had sex, the relationship is perfectly legal.

-Aria Marie

29. @TVGuruAU says:

How about if Ezra were a female teacher and Aria a 16 year old boy? How would that fly? Hollywood do love their double standards. Older man / young girl perfectly acceptable, older woman / young boy and the female teacher would be demonized to the point where they were testing her to see if she were a witch and dunking her in water for 5 minutes to see if she survived.

For the record my favorite couple was Maya and Emily, but then the writers decided to make Maya and her free spirited parents suddenly become all weird and strict… no continuity.

30. Robert says:

Wow she is 16, doesn’t look like it I thought she was 17

31. Hope says:

They are so cute together! Age ain’t nothing but a number!!! If they’re in love let them be. They’re perfect for each other..

32. Marie says:

Can everyone just get over the age and how “wrong” it is because it’s just a show for god sakes and teenagers should already know that dating someone that much older isn’t allowed and if they don’t then the parents obviously haven’t spoken to the teenagers about illegal dating but truth be told in the end if the parents are ok with it there is nothing possibly wrong with it. I have a teenage daughter who loves this show and she knows that age matters in cases but like I had said before it’s just a tv show so get over it.

33. aileen says:

i loveee ezria!!! i agree tht if they break up or anything lik tht i will stop watching the show! but i see how the complication with her parents knoing the age diff.

34. jessica says:

they werent teacher and student wen they met, and he thought she was in college.
    as for the age limit, wen i was in my last couple years highschool, alot of gurls dated older guys and thats reality.
    and i couldnt wait for make it or break it.
    i hope they dont drop it, or if they do, mayb another channel an buy it?
    but it does need some spicing up and more travling, not liking the new coach and emilie is boring…
    kaylee is kool though, but they do need more twists in there, not as much as pll.

35. janae says:

well i love this couple…they make the show great and who cares thats hes her teacher its just a show gosh just enjoy the show no lifes….

36. anna says:

i don’t understand all you americans. how a relationship between a 16 year old an a 25 year old is a problem for you. prude old america. haha. it’s kind of normal nowadays, isn’t it? i don’t really think the difference in age matters as long as the feelings are there. and there definitely are more than enough feelings between those two characters.
    my boyfriend is 7 years older than me and we started dating when i was 16 – which means he was 23 at that time – and i think i already knew enough about love back then and i can’t see anything wrong about my relationship.
    and if we’re being totally honest: what sixteen year old girl does not dream about a secret affair with a hot young teacher?!! ;)

37. Lacy says:

I don’t get the problem with the age. But maybe that’s only because my husband is 10 years older then I am. I had JUST turned 18 when we started dating. They are a cute couple. Teachers have lives outside of school…they met long before he knew she was his student.

• Lisa says:

Long before? They met RIGHT before school had started. Also, their “meeting” consisted of them talking for ten minutes at a bar and then fooling around in the bathroom. HOW ROMANTIC! You guys are right, this must be true lovvvvee… hah, NOT SO MUCH! It was totally classless. Teachers have lives outside of school… but teachers, unlike other career choices, have opted to be role models and authority figures, thus expected to set an example for the impressionable minds they are guiding…. I do not think Ezra’s behavior quite falls under these expectations.

38. Agnes K says:

Dude, if I could get with a teacher as hot as Ezra, like Aria, I totally would! I love watching what happens between the two because it’s different and something you wouldn’t suspect, like in most relationships. They’re definetley my favorite tv couple without a doubt and who cares if he’s a little older. (It’s definetley NOT creepy.) Both deserve a public relationship so Aria can quit sneaking around to his house for dates in private. You guys ever heard of the saying “Age ain’t nothin’ but a number.” ? They deserve the best, as long as they’re in love (: But I do really hope that no love triangle will happen in the next season. Cannot wait until June 14th!!! :D

39. Selenaa says:

I LOVE PRETY LITTLE LIIARSSS
    i love it <3

40. amber says:

i absolutely love them together. i dont see it as an age thing. she is way more mature than a normal 17 year old girl. it really is jsut a show. i think ian harding is hot.

41. Princess48 says:

Omg dnt u people realise it’s a TV SHOW for crying out loud!!!! If u dnt like it dnt watch it and if u do watch stop sodding moaning!!! It pretend!!!! I happen to love their relationship it’s not like their having sex!!!

• J says:

I’m sorry to say this – but I think they are having sex. And if they are, so what? Not everybody is brainwashed with the idea that sex is the Devil’s work. There are more than two poles of the sex-discussion. I can see why some people wanna wait till they get married. But dont look down on those who dont. They have found the great feeling of the love and care you feel when you’re having sex with someone you love. Sex is not pure physical – its also a way to get even closer to the person you love.

42. britbey says:

She isn’t 16 ppl!!! She is a senior!!! Is is fixing to turn 18 there is nothing wrong with it get over it

43. Loni says:

OMG ppl its just a TV show, there just cute TV couple

44. britney says:

She isn’t lol she is fixing to turn 18!!! Get over it there is nothing gross about it

45. britney says:

She isn’t 16 she is fixing to turn 18!!! Get over it there is nothing gross about it

46. Tonya says:

Love it!!!!! Hope they stay together 4 ever. Such a great couple but how in the world r they going 2 handle is ex Jackie?

47. Clair says:

Ok this is just a TV show everyone!!! TV shows are made to entertain people. If this relationship was a real life one it would have been discovered and Ezra would probably be in jail. It probably would have been a little better if the girls were seniors in high school instead of 16 but its just TV. You don’t see many girls being blackmailed by a mysterious source or getting involved in solving the murder of their friend in real life; and many are definitely not that into their high school English teacher. This is why it was a book in the first place, it took its readers to a place where the unimaginable was happening and the show is doing the same thing.

48. Gillian says:

Um, in the show they say Ezra is 7 or 6 years older than her and she’s 16. A 16 year old and 23/22 year old isn’t that big of a deal. I’m not saying it makes it all okay, but come on Aria’s mature enough, they’re in love, and haven’t had sexual relations so what’s the big deal?

49. Liz says:

I agree with both sides.. not the best relationship in the world and its something that shouldn’t happen but it does in real life. Sometimes u can’t help who u love or Like. It’s not like he or she knew that he was going to be her teacher when they started dating. There’s really no difference BTW them and other people because there’s tons of people dating much older and much younger people. It shouldn’t be bad since he’s not her teacher anymore. Picture it like this say if she graduated high school and he was her teacher when she was in high school but they weren’t dating but since she graduated and is in college now and they happen to hit it off and start dating its not that bad cause he mayb older. But he’s not her teacher. And he’s not anymore in the new episodes

50. Lydia says:

Cant wait!!!=D
    Relax ppl it just a show!–