Dancing With The Stars Results: Did The Right Couple Go Home?

Before we get to the serious business at hand, I’m curious if anyone else spent the last 24 hours dealing with residual stress from Kirstie Alley’s Dancing With the Stars ShoeGate drama? Or, to be more specific, if you pondered The Question That Dare Not Be Asked: Could “The Queen of the Unexpected Mishap,” who followed in Lance Bass’ footsteps by dropping the other shoe mid-performance during her Monday-night waltz, actually get booted in Week Four of the competition?

Then again, it’s not like Kirstie and Maks had the lowest spot on the Judges’ Leaderboard at the end of Classical Week performance night. That distinction went to Kendra Wilkinson and Louis Van Amstel, who scored a very shaky 18 to Kirstie and Maks’ comparatively robust 22. (Also scoring lower were Sugar Ray Leonard and Anna Trebunskaya, with a combined total of 21.)

But as we all know, it’s that enigmatic combination of viewer votes and scores from Carrie Ann, Len, and Bruno that determines who stays and who goes home. As the minutes passed like hours, and the surprises mounted, there was a shift in the air: Was an American Idol-sized shocker in store for a certain high-scoring couple with a connection to that show’s recently ousted finalist Pia Toscano?

Contractual duties require that I at least mention tonight’s results-show formalities that occurred before the cold hard hands of Tom Bergeron and RoboBrooke Burke dashed the dancing dreams of the couple whose mathematical tally came up short. Calming our tattered nerves with inspiring performances were the ever-delightful (and ever-shrinking) Grammy- and Oscar-winning Jennifer Hudson, and virtuoso violinist (clad in leather, no less!) David Garrett. I also recall some seemingly endless video debacle called “Lieutenant Len” and a Swan Lake (or was it Black Swan?) homage, but by this point my cognitive skills had withered considerably, so I cant be completely sure.

And can I throw some begrudging props to Kendra Wilkinson for offering up perhaps the greatest excuse in DWTS history, not to mention the most baffling (spoiler alert!) escape? “The hormones took over yesterday…one of those womanly things.” Alrighty then.

But that’s a discussion for another day, here’s the moment of truth — tonight’s results:

Chelsea Kane and Mark Ballas
Petra Nemcova and Dmitry Chaplin
Sugar Ray Leonard and Anna Trebunskaya

Chelsea Kane and Mark Ballas
Sugar Ray Leonard and Anna Trebunskaya

Sugar Ray Leonard and Anna Trebunskaya

“Well you know what, that’s life,” said a clearly disappointed Sugar Ray, who joins Mike Catherwood and Wendy Williams on the DWTS sidelines of sadness. Not to miss one last boxing metaphor, Sugar Ray added, “I put up a good fight. I will cherish this moment, great friends, great people, great show.” Awwww. Once a champ, always a champ. Thanks, Sugar Ray!

And with that, it’s your turn. What lies in store for us during American Theme week? A perfect Kirstie performance, or yet another banana peel moment?? What did you think of Sugar Ray’s exit (and Kendra’s escape)? Any thoughts about Brooke’s weekly fashion disaster, which took frilly to a whole new level? Sound off in the comments, and let us know in our poll if the right couple went home! –Mitch Rustad

1. heather says:

feh. Kendra has no class and no talent, but apparently fans. too bad, really, because they’re gonna keep her around long enough to do some damage to other, more talented, contestants. better give her some cheese to go with that whine next week, Louis.

• Daisy says:

Feh and gonna and better give her some cheese to go with that whine?
      Too bad we are not all as “classy” as you are.

• heather says:

nope, i’m not classy at all. i’m also not a contestant in front of millions of people.

• daisy says:

Right – it is not classy to gripe about someone who has the guts to get up there in front of millions of people

• heather says:

she DOES have guts. she DOES have looks. she does NOT have talent. and, like me, she does NOT have class.

• heather says:

She does have talent and has more class than someone sitting home on a computer tearing down someone who is at least up there DOING SOMETHING

2. Bamabunny says:

Yes, Kendra should have gone home tonight…that being said, she didn’t. So, let’s see what she does with her second chance. She needs a SERIOUS attitude adjustment/wake-up call this week. She can start with apologizing to Louis for saying she “didn’t care.”

3. Taylor says:

I think America got it right. Personally, I like Kendra. I think she shined last week and continues to tackle difficult choreography.

I’m thoroughly enjoying this season because there is no stand-out star. At this point, no one can tell who is going to be in the finale.

4. Tim says:

HOW did Kendra survive?? ridiculous but yes, thank goodness Kirsite lives to fall another day!

5. Kiki says:

I don’t think the right couple go home tonight. I’m just relieved that my favorites are saved!

6. Gilby says:

I think Kendra should probably have been in the bottom 3 tonight, but she’s not the worst dancer and didn’t deserve to go home. She had a bad attitude last night, yes, but hopefully she’s apologized and will be nicer in the future. I definitely think that Sugar Ray was the weakest dancer and deserved to go home early, but I would have rather seen Petra go home tonight. At least Sugar Ray was charming to watch and got scores that matched his dances. Petra has been overpraised and overscored every week and I just don’t get it! She is so awkward on the dance floor even though (to me at least) she seems to get the simplest choreography. I’m glad she was in the bottom, it gives me hope that she will go home when she deserves to (early), instead of taking a better dancer’s spot as the weeks go on…

7. Linda says:

I liked Sugar Ray and am sad to see him go, but it wasn’t a surprise. Kendra needs a lot of work if she is gonna stay, fans or no fans. I hope seeing Chelsea in the bottom too will help her with the votes next week she is great.

8. JM says:

Thank the lawd Kirstie made it, like you, I thought she was toast after the shoe fell, whew … but apparently the judges scores dont mean much, the highest couples were also the lowest once the audience got through with them!

• Anna says:

I just love how Kirstie “represents” for the big girls. We can be lighter on our feet than a whole lot of “boney” women I know! Gotta love her!

• Dalla says:

I just love Kirstie because of her humor. And she has handled the last two weeks with great humor. I think it’s been her experience as an actress and reality star that has helped her move pass the stumble and shoe debacle which she handled with grace and humor.

9. Anna says:

I am really over Kendra! Who is she anyway??? Another famous for being famous??? No credentials as a star!
    If she didn’t care, we shouldn’t care. At least Sugar Ray is a gentleman, and elegant on the dance floor. I will surely miss him!

10. Danielle Notaro says:

Sorry. Kendra’s dance was more complex than Ray’s. She’s not being praised highly enough for what she does well. She’s about as good as Kelly Osborne was at this stage and better than Bristol Palin ever was.

• Eurydice says:

She’s praised just fine for the things she does well – it’s just that one of those things is not dancing.

11. Liz says:

My fingers are crossed that Kendra will go next week. She’s not good and has a very bad attitude.

12. Daniella says:

I don’t like Kendra’s attitude. Sugar Ray was so cute last night with his ballet dancing although neither one of them danced well. I like Sugar ray better and would have liked him to stay. My favs are Hines and his partner. He really puts effort into his dancing and does well. I also like Kirstie cuz she’s just a cool lady and tries hard. I don’t like petra either. I hope either petra or Kendra get eliminated next.

13. Connor says:

this was a hoot, Leutenant Len was the worst!

14. forrest says:

if Kendra’s ‘reality package’ was shot in order, I think her choreographer got to her with his comments. She appeared very distraught and overwhelmed by it all. Any attitude she may have had previously seems to be thoroughly shot down by now.

15. DMV says:

About 6 to 8 weeks ago, didn’t I see on a magazine Kendra is expecting her 2nd child? Could see where that type of hormonal change could screw with her emotions/feelings/energy level, etc.

16. Thom says:

Hell no. Kendra should have gone.

17. Amber says:

It was debatable to me whether the right couple went or not. There were so many great choices for who to kick off this week. Kendra’s performance wasn’t very good, and I dislike her as a person, so I would have been overjoyed seeing her go. And Romeo is really starting to get on my nerves with his incoherent ramblings. Plus him and Chris Jericho joking together about the “bad economy”…whatevs. I don’t want to hear how hard it is for the stars on DWTS to pay the mortgage and feed their families and all that wonderful stuff. But Sugar Ray did have to go sooner or later, he obviously wasn’t final 3 material, so I wasn’t exactly heartbroken.
    Most interesting moment of the evening: Kendra telling a national TV audience she didn’t do well because she was on her period. CLASSIC.
    Worst fashion choice of the evening: Jennifer Hudson, your voice is beautiful, your body is beautiful, and your legs are fantastic, but that dress was HIDEOUS.

18. Sally in Chicago says:

To me, the person who should go home is Kirstie. Something about her is just not likeable and not funny. And yes, some of the dancers come with a basketful of fans. Obviously, Kendra is one of them. I remember when Viveca Fox went up against Sarah Evans and was shocked that she, Viv, was eliminated. It’s because Sarah had a bunch of country fans that voted for her, no matter that Sarah was a TERRIBLE dancer.
    These shows are a joke.
    However, I am surprised that the judges vote wasn’t factored in heavy enough to eliminate Kendra.

19. padancmstr says:

The reason idiots like Kendra, Kirstie, and that annoying mother of 8(Gosslet) a few years ago, get votes is the reason this country is in serious decline. We vote for classless stupidity because we accept it as normal thanks to the Jerry Springer generation. Nice people are not respected and useless, mean spirited, drama queen, idiots are what the country wants…2 of these three actually have their own shows…what does that tell you?

• Tim says:

AMEN sister!

• Genovee says:

It’s a tragedy how dumbed down Americans have become. What you said about voting for classless stupidity is also manifested in how people vote to elect politicians who, it’s obvious except to morons, are out to screw them in favor of the powerful and rich.

20. lisagirl says:

Yes, I too worried for the past 24 hours over Kirstie’s shoe. I didn’t breathe until last night when she was safe. She is a breath of fresh air for the show. She and Maks are perfect together. Love her!!!!

21. Elizabeth says:

Even if was just a bit, the humble pie that was served up to Mark last night was my favorite part.

22. Megslin says:

To be honest, though I knew the whole time Chelsea/Mark being in the bottom was to stir up some faux drama, it honestly wouldn’t surprise me if they weren’t getting tons of viewer support at this point. Many people have already latched onto Hines, Ralph, Kirstie, and even Chris Jericho. Chelsea, while a good dancer, just doesn’t do it for me. When I watch them perform I think well…Mark’s certainly the star of that dance, isn’t he? I know he has a big fan base…but overall I don’t think Chelsea is “up there” with votes, which is probably why they put her in the bottom, to stir up fan votes.

That being said…Kendra should have gone home! The point of this show is to up your game every week…and Sugar, though a weak dancer, really has. Everyone can have a bad week on the dance floor, but a poor attitude is just obnoxious. You just knew Sugar was standing in between Kendra and Kirstie thinking, “one dancer lost her shoe and the other scored lower than me/has a bad tude and IM the one in jeopardy?” (no offense to kiriste I’m just saying!)

I would have been fine with Petra getting the boot, as well.

Lastly…TEAM HINES:)

23. MissMel says:

If it was based on attitude, Kendra should have gone, but it’s about dancing and Sugar Ray has been AWFUL all along. I can’t believe he has scored as high as he did. I don’t think he was any better than Kate Gosselin was in her season, yet he got praised for being “cute” and “fun to watch.” If Kendra put a little more effort in, she at least has the potential to be a good dancer, but that was never going to happen with Sugar Ray.

24. simplyfla says:

Fans last for so long. I don’t think they’ll be dumb enough to see that she CAN’T dance. Oh wait. Playboy bunny, Hefner girl? What’s her fan base demography again? haha Um. Yeah. ‘Nuf said. Then again, I had guessed Sugar Ray exiting this week with his painful overly dramatized perfomance on Monday, even Anna was painful to watch, not that I’m a big fan of hers, but Sugar Ray didn’t help at all. Last week’s personal story was OK. Classical week sucked. Hope they stop getting these themes cause I’m getting tired. The DWTS Troop thing is also tiring. Just get better artists. At least Kirstie Alley is entertaining and she dances well enough, the shoe mishap can happen to anyone and last week’s fall, for God’s sakes she weighs a Ton, cut Mak some slack!!! And do credit that Kirstie brings the best in him. He is adorable this season. Chelsea and Mark deserved to be in the bottom three. Mark’s montage was not at all Classical. Len’s critique was spot on. It’s “Classical Dance”.. a VIENNESE WALTZ! and they do a theatrical Black Swan/ Black Witch, while very well danced not appropriate at all. I don’t get what Mark is trying to prove. But IMO he is looking for an exit ticket following Derek Hough’s footsteps he already has 2 Mirror balls don’t think he cares for a 3rd. That being said, i do hope Kendra exits next week. Top 3 for me would go: Kirstie, Hines and Ralph. Elimination order: Kendra, Chelsea, Lil Bow Wow, Jericho.

25. simplyfla says:

oops.. Totally forgot Extremely LOng Extremity Petra. Go back to modeling in Russia or wherever. So forgetable that i forgot. She can go next week and then continued with what i said in my previous post :D

26. Terrific paintings! This is the type of info that should be shared around the web. Disgrace on the search engines for not positioning this put up upper! Come on over and talk over with my web site . Thanks =)