The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Week

As but a supplement to the awesome features and original reporting TVLine has coming your way this week, here are 29 shows you might want to keep on your radar.

8/7c | House (Fox) |
While House delves into Thirteen’s prison secret during a road trip, the team back home treats a hoarder with a secret (and his secret has a secret!).
8 pm | Chuck (NBC) | Chuck tries to save Vivian from an assassin; Mary tries to keep Ellie from digging into her father’s past.
8 pm | The Secret Life of the American Teenager (ABC Family) | Ben pops the question. (Shouldn’t kids this age only be popping zits?)
9 pm | The Chicago Code (Fox) | Tempers flare during a Windy City heat wave.
10 pm | Hawaii Five-0 (CBS) | Even on their day off, McGarrett and Danny can’t escape dead bodies.
10 pm | Castle (ABC) | Rick gets some advice from poker pals Dennis Lehane and Michael Connelly. Where’s Patterson, off banging out 172 two-page chapters?

Alana De La Garza Hopes Law & Order: LA Role Will Give ‘Mothership’ Fans a Little Closure

8/7c | NCIS (CBS) |
The old saying “Eight is company, 11’s a crowd” comes to the fore when EJ’s team moves into the squad room.
9 pm | NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS) | Eric goes undercover – laced shoes and everything!
10 pm | The Good Wife (CBS) | Alicia. Finds. Out. (I’ll be hiding under my kitchen table.)

NCIS: LA: Is Claire Forlani Replacing Hetty?

8/7c |
The Middle (ABC) | Mike has a horribly selfish ulterior motive for grounding Axl.
9 pm | Modern Family (ABC) | Claire and Haley are about to become very popular.
9:30 pm | Happy Endings (ABC) | Series premiere: I have watched all 17 of this TV season’s “Couples At Different Stages” sitcoms, and this is my favorite. Hope you agree.
9:30 pm | Breaking In (Fox) | Alyssa Milano is a dentist… and suddenly I want a root canal.
10 pm | Justified (FX) | Mags Bennett? Not happy.

A Justified Killing: Burning Questions Answered!

8/7c |
Community (NBC) | Pierce gets a lady friend, while Abed takes a course that studies the aforementioned Alyssa Milano’s ’80s sitcom, Who’s The Boss?
9 pm | Bones (Fox) | John Francis “Sweets” Daley wrote this episode, which guest-stars Jo Anne Worley (Laugh In) as a pet psychic.
9 pm | Nikita (The CW) | Does Nikita make breakfast?
9 pm | The Office (NBC) | Will Ferrell debuts as Michael Scott’s potential replacement – because if you have not heard, Steve Carell is leaving soon. True story!
9:30 pm | Parks and Recreation (NBC) | Would you rather RSVP for April and Andy’s dinner party, or join Ann at a singles mixer?

The Office First Look: Will Ferrell Arrives at Dunder Mifflin

8/7c |
Friday Night Lights (NBC) | At long last, it is game time for those of you who A) don’t have DirecTV and B) resisted the urge to pick up the final season DVD set.
8 pm | Smallville (The CW) | I’ve been told to count on some sssssteamy smoochin’ between Clark Luthor and… oops, I’m out of space.
9 pm | Supernatural (The CW) | What would happen if the Titanic never sank? Celine Dion would be the featured performer at some Six Flags stage show, I am guessing.
9 pm | Fringe (Fox) | TV’s Alternate Reality Night continues, with the show that does it best.

Tom Welling and Other Smallville Stars Flash Back to the Pilot

6/5c |
Toy Story marathon (Starz) | Grab two boxes of Kleenex (one for the ending of Part 3 alone) as Starz runs all of Wooody and Buzz’s adventures back-to-back.

9/8c | TV Land Awards |
This year’s show reunites the casts of The Cosby Show (sans Lisa Bonet), The Facts of Life (Kim Fields’ speech will make you cry), Family Ties (I’m hoping they edit out the crass joke “Skippy” made) and Welcome Back, Kotter (with Travolta but minus Horshack, due to Ron Palillo’s last-minute medical emergency).
9 pm | Game of Thrones (HBO) | Series premiere: Is this the one with Katniss?
9 pm | Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe (USA Network) | This TV-movie reveals how elite CIA op Sam became floral shirt-wearing Sam.
10 pm | The Killing (AMC) | A brand-new suspect emerges.

Which of the above is must-see TV for you? And by all means, hit the comments to politely share tune-in recommendations of your own.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. John Berggren says:

The return of Fringe, Community & Modern Family all make me very happy. Especially now that I save 2.5 hours a week on American Idol.

2. Ingmar says:

Lol, I loved your comment about The Good Wife! I am so looking forward to that episode!

3. Darlene says:

Can’t wait to see Sam Axe’s back story.

4. Megan says:

I agree with a few of these (the show that I get to watch) and I do like Nikita on Thursdays, but you didn’t include The Vampire Diaries???? I am personally EXTREMELY excited not only that they are back but in anticipation for this week’s episode!

5. What! says:

No Chuck, LOLA, Being Human season finale, Paul Reiser show or 30 Rock? What!?

6. Lala says:

“10 pm | Parenthood (NBC) | Sarah Ramos is given some heavy lifting to do when Haddie’s ‘rents get the 411 on what she’s been up to.

what a weird reason. Have you not seen the promo for this episode? Haddie is the least of our worries. Can´t wait to see Sarah and Amber´s scenes!!!

7. Sally says:

I add for monday: New episode of HIMYM! A total must-see for me!
    And I dearly hope that House’s secret has nothing to do with Huddy.

8. Jones19 says:

Is Happy Endings a news show? I’m too lazy to look it up yes.

9. Diane says:

The show I’m most looking forward to this week is CHUCK, with the return of Timothy Dalton. Best guest star ever!

10. John says:

I had no interest in Happy Endings going into this week, but there seems to be a fair amount of positive buzz about it. Plus I love Eliza Coupe. Maybe I should check it out!

11. Valkyrje says:

House, The Good Wife, NCIS x 2 and Parenthood. Watching Alicia finding out will probably ’cause me to stay in bed for the rest of the week.

12. Amanda says:

I’m so excited about the Good Wife! Got goosebumps when I read the comment! Plus Parenthood, Being Human finale, Smallville, Supernatural, Fringe, Community, Nikita, Justified and Castle. Oh, and Sam Axe!

13. SIA says:

Waiting for Nikita so badly.!!You cant even imagine.Michael-Nikita-Owen.!Woot Woot.!!

14. Kathryn says:

Really looking forward to The Good Wife and Nikita!!!! Really not looking forward to Sunday night….Game of Thrones, Burn Notice Movie, Desperate Housewives (All at 9 pm) then The Borgias, The Killing, and the Second half of Sam Axe’s movie (10 pm hour) My DVR is gonna hate me lol

15. Derrick says:

Now Matt, why would take a cheap shot like that at James Patterson? I mean lets be honest – no one, I mean NO ONE, writes a two-page chapter like he does. (And besides, if you don’t start the chapter until halfway down the page you can fudge it to carryover onto a third page….huh, huh – who’s the master now?)

16. Hwei says:

Breakout Kings on Sunday is pure adrenaline rush awesomeness.

17. Cortexifan says:

Fringe, Fringe, Fringe and Fringe.
    Cannot wait for Friday.

18. Alicia says:

Glad House is back from hiatus but couldn’t care less about 13’s “big return”; even with Hugh Laurie, Olivia Wilde herself, plus everyone and their mother, saying how REALLY INTERESTING she is.

19. Becca says:

Finally! New Chuck and Community, I have been so deprived w/o them being new for the last 2 weeks. I don’t think I have ever been so excited for a villian to reappear before, but Timothy Dalton is awesome at being Volkoff!

20. maddie says:

21. Emily says:

Oh i am ALREADY crying for Alicia….. :S

22. Carrie says:

I go to Boston University and we had a world premiere of sorts here last week when they showed us the Game of Thrones pilot. WATCH IT if you are lucky enough to have HBO. Do not watch it if you have a problem with incest. But seriously, if you like dogs, beheading, excitement, attractive people, laughing, and AWESOME TV then I suggest watching it.

23. jrs says:

Justified…all the way! After last week’s nail-biting episode, I cannot wait to see the wrath of Mags come down. For those of you not watching this show, you’re missing the BEST show on TV.

24. oolalai says:

OMG NIKITA. Longest four days ever! LOL at your comment.

25. Jessica says:

Tell you what, I’ll start watching Nikita live on Thursday’s when those Twitter freaks stop spamming my timeline with all their “Mikita” nonsense and ruining my Nikita show love. Yammering on about the characters endlessly is annoying and rude. Spamming our timelines with Nikita’s teen type Tweets is what ruins this show for many of us lately in terms of promotion, and does little to inspire any new viewers into thinking Nikita is anything more than a another teen angst show on CW. Nice job so called fans:/

26. kim says:

Clark Luthor will obviously be kissing Tess. I’m going to give the skanky Kent episode a miss an wait for Booster instead, thanks.

• Bonnie says:

Me too! I may even skip the rest of the season if I read that there is a lot of Cless. IMO Luthor cheapened Clois already, now we’re going to get a second helping? No thanks! I’ll wait for the new Superman movie for epic Clark and Lois.

• lax says:

I just find it very sick that the show runners let brother and sister kiss on this show they was raised as such so they are saying just because you are raised togher and are not related it is ok i don’t think that is a good thing to say to the kids this days and this is a superman show that the kids grow up to.and you all might wan’t to skip this eps cause we had a tweet about clark not having a shirt on at some point how many fans of clois thats means me to are going to be mad when CL and tess have sex.

27. Sourabh says:

28. Donna says:

Fringe is the much awaited LSD episode! They’re all going on a trip!

29. XK says:

Nice… something good on almost every night. :)

Most looking forward to:

Friday: Fringe
      Saturday: yuck
      Sunday: Game of Thrones

30. Anumber says:

vampire diaries?!

31. mgb says:

I am so ready for the new Smallville, and a Clark Kent/Tess Luthor smooch would be awesome. I can’t stand (this) Lois Lane. I’m equally excited for Justified. It’s quickly becoming a TV addiction.

• Sol says:

It is Clark LUTHOR who will be kissing someone, likely Tess, in the real world. Clark KENT won’t ever kiss Tess, the only way the two would kiss is if she forced a kiss on him or surprisingly kissed him like Lucy in Ambush. And it’s really sad that you would suggest that Clark Kent kisses Tess; Clark Kent is a faithful and honorable man, it’s because of his values and what he does with his powers that he is the hero he is.
      A smooch between CL and Tess is pretty ridiculous anyway because 1) how is that not a waste of time in a story about Clark Kent?, 2) if Tess lets him do it would look bad on her, 3) if CL forces a kiss on Tess, I don’t see how it is riveting or steamy since it’s basically violence against a woman as he would go against her will; but I guess just because Clark is hot and handsome any woman should be happy to be kissed by him notwithstanding the fact that he’s evil.

But if seeing evil Clark kiss Tess makes you happy, good for you. I’m looking forward to what matters the most, meaning Clark Kent dealing with AU Jonathan and seeing Lois and Emil trying to get him out of the AU.

32. MarkH says:

Good list. I’m missing Nurse Jackie and United States of Tara (Showtime) from Mondays.

33. Helena says:

Fringe, Modern Family, Supernatural, Bones, Game of Thrones, Smallville: hahahaha!! You’ll have cloisers freak out until Friday! Apparently,even though it’s Clark LUTHOR and not Clark KENT, Tom is not allowed to kiss another actress then Erica.
    And I have to get into Castle and The good wife.
    Good TV week ahead.

34. Josh says:

LMFAO at the Smallville spoiler. Looks like the clois fans are going to be treated to another hot, sexy kiss beteween Clark abd Tess just weeks before the rumored clois wedding in the series finale. Obviously the excuse is that this not the real Clark, but the alternate universe Clark Luthor sticking his tongue down Tess’ throat, but it’s strikingly clear that the showrunners (who wrote this episode) love, love LOVE the idea of Clark and Tess together, and are using the AU as a get-out-of-jail-free card for that ship. Kelly Souders also directed the Luhtor episode, which had Clark making out with Tess far hotter and longer than a lot of the clois so-callled romantic moments. Ha ha ha!

• Sol says:

So for you romantic moments = hot moments? Romance is about a lot more than sexy times and make out sessions! As for the lack of hot moments between Clark and Lois, I agree, but it’s not just because the showrunners love Clark and Tess together since they are pretty much shippers of any pairing on their own show (Tess/Oliver, Davis/Chloe, Chloe/Oliver, Clark/Lana, Clark/Lois, etc.), it’s more a case of them obviously thinking that true love/normal state (not drugged or possessed)=tenderness and understanding and not serious/dark side=hot and steamy. They love to compartimentalize relationships that way on Smallville, and it’s a shame.

Clark making out with Tess is in no way romantic since he forced himself on her and he’s basically using her. It’s only about lust and nothing else on CL’s part. Even if I regret the lack of passionate gestures between Clark and Lois due to the showrunners’ narrow-minded view on the portrayal of relationships, I prefer a lot more the honest love and understanding that Clark and Lois show each other to the abused and dishonest relationship of Clark Luthor and Tess.

35. Akiyama says:

Looking forward to Chuck tonight (gonna watch House and HIMYM on the DVR), Most of the ABC lineup (Modern Family, The Middle) on Wednesday, and then on Friday.. Smallville and Fringe.

36. Tracey says:

Even if you’re Fridays are fully booked you HAVE to check out Chaos on CBS. Seriously Great show. I’m hoping it gets the attention it deserves.

37. Intelliwoman says:

What about “deadliest Catch” which retruns Tuesday. One of the hands down best shows ever, if Emmys don’t recognize last seasons excellence in several categories……………..

38. ddf says:

Does this list mean that there is no new Glee or Grey’s Anatomy again this week? Seriously tv programming people ?!?

39. Kelly says:

Looking forward to Game of Thrones SO MUCH

40. Amber says:

I could not resist the urge to find the last season of FNL to watch last fall, but I do appreciate you including it on the list, because it’s such a great show, and I also appreciate you adding Justified. Timothy Olyphant’s cowboy hat rocks my world, and that Dexter actress who plays Mags has been incredible. I wish you had included United States of Tara on the list. Mondays have a whole lot of fabulous TV shows, don’t they?

As for me getting a whole TV movie starring Bruce Campbell? This pleases me. Greatly. I hope he brings his boom stick. Maybe that’s a euphemism, maybe it isn’t.

41. Bonnie says:

Thanks for the heads up regarding Smallville. I was going to give the episode the benefit of the doubt and assume that the writers wouldn’t be spiteful enough to inflict Cless on us again, but I guess I was wrong. Definitely not going to watch this one, not even for the Clois scene in the end. I’ll pass on the spoonful of sugar to hide the bitter taste.

42. sun says:

Matt, luv luv how you presented your spoilers for the week!

Much as I love any promo for Smallville, your tease for my fave show does not bode well for my Clois-heart! It’s still early in the week for a better news for my fave show.

43. laz says:

i don’t see a kiss with clark and lois to happen again until they get hitched in the last eps so that clark luthor and tess kiss will be with us till the very end.

44. Betsy says:

The new season of Deadliest Catch starts tonight!!!! Woo hoo!!!

45. Mike says:

So excited to smallville!!