Exclusive: Leverage Acquires Danny Glover

Make no mistake, Danny Glover is still not too old for this sh…tuff called acting. Not by a stretch. And the Lethal Weapon vet’s latest gig is on TNT’s Leverage, TVLine has learned exclusively.

In the fifth episode of the sleuthing drama’s upcoming fourth season, Glover will guest-star as a retired war veteran who “acquired a piece of art that has a little bit of a mystery story behind it,” Aldis Hodge (aka Hardison) told us on Saturday at the 32nd College Television Awards. “We get involved to try to help him recover it.”

TNT Sets Summer Premiere Dates for Eight Series

Hodge says that in a break from style for the TNT series, large sections of Glover’s episode will be narrated by his character, “so we see the majority of the story through his eyes.”

Leverage premieres the first, 10-episode stretch of its fourth season on Sunday, June 26.

In addition to his long list of film roles (including Beloved and Dreamgirls), Glover’s most recent TV credits include a Season 2 arc on Brothers & Sisters, a My Name Is Earl appearance, and an unbilled cameo at the end of the Human Target pilot. He has garnered four Emmy nominations over the years, including for his work on the TV-movies Mandela and Freedom Song. (With reporting by Vlada Gelman)

Comments (12)

• This is very exciting and wicked fun news!!!! Can’t wait!

Comment by Elizabeth – April 10, 2011 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s great! Another awesome name to the already bright-starred cast of Leverage o/

Comment by Erik Avilez – April 10, 2011 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is SO awesome. I have ALWAYS loved Danny Glover and I just love, love, love the idea of him narrating it. He’s a good speaker. He did great in the Color Purple; actually in all his roles that I’ve seen. I think Leverage did a very smart thing adding him into a show. Maybe they would put him as a recurring role later on. That’d be even cooler. Way to go Dean and John! Keep it up!

Comment by Melinda – April 10, 2011 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wouldn’t call him a great narrator – he lisps! I find his voice very distracting.

Comment by Walter – April 10, 2011 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Danny Glover on “Leverage” is the best news ever. Danny is one terrific actor and I love his movies especially the Lethal Weapon ones and Predator one. He has a sense of humor and at the same time he is serious. It will be great to see him on one of my favorite TV shows “Leverage” – thanks, Dean Devlin for getting him and thanks, Danny for saying “Yes”.

Comment by Bev Zimmerman – April 10, 2011 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really looking forward to seeing this episode.

Comment by CandyMaize – April 10, 2011 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yet another in a long line of amazing guest stars for what is the best show on TV! When is Leverage going to get the full credit it deserves? The cast is amazing from top to bottom and they all have such an incredible respect for one another the resonates through the show. Can’t wait until it comes back, just wish the season lasted longer!!!

Comment by Jenn – April 10, 2011 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not sure if I like them planning on breaking style just for a guest star, because why fix what’s not broken. I’ll tune in anyway out of love for the show, but please no more messing with this great show.

Comment by lacey – April 10, 2011 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is he going to rave about Chavez, and go into his 9/11 truther rants? That would make Leverage,,interesting?

Comment by brutony – April 10, 2011 11:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This will be good. It only makes perfect sense, the show is filmed in Portland, OR and Danny lives there too. I am looking forward to how this turns out.

Comment by Jason – April 11, 2011 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe a surprise guest appearance by his old buddy? I hear he needs the money.

Comment by Bob – April 11, 2011 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the SHOW! I hope it stays on for a very long time! I love the cast, they are great! Not too many good shows on any more now that Law & Order has ended. Joann

Comment by Joann – April 2, 2012 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post