NCIS: LA: Is Claire Forlani Replacing Hetty?

NCIS: Los Angeles seems to be setting the table for a bit of workplace conflict, and maybe even a full-on switcheroo, by adding CSI: NY alum/Camelot cast member Claire Forlani as the team’s operations manager — aka the position currently held by Linda Hunt’s Hetty.

Forlani will join the CBS procedural in the recurring role of Lauren Hunter starting May 10, says EW.com. The character is described as “attractive, authoritative, cool and calculating” and in possession of “a dangerous quality that suggests she is much more than your run-of-the mill operations manager.”

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on NCIS: LA and More

Both Forlani’s character and Hunt’s Hetty will figure into the show’s Season 2 finale airing May 17, raising the question: Who, who, who will be ops manager come fall?

Save the Dates! CBS Schedules May Season Finales

Anyone else think it’s a bit coinky-dinky that Forlani’s agent is “L. Hunter,” which is not too far off from L. Hunt? Or did I just overdo it on the pancake syrup this morning?

1. Vivian Chung says:

I watch this over dvr-ing NCIS and other millions crime fighting shows is because of Hetty. I found that the head of the operation being a fearful resourceful but respectable 60-something almost-can-be-my-grandma hilarious and refreshing. There were a reason why they re-cast the actress who were on CSI from their back door pilot; why are they going backward again?

2. Lisa says:

Wow…they better not get rid of Hetty, she’s the best thing about this show. Love her character!! Might not watch anymore if she’s gone.

3. teniba says:

have anyone here considered the idea that Lida Hunt aka Hetty, might be willing to leave NCIS:LA for some reasons that we should respect?

Because some actors actually find the acting in procedurals very poor because almost every week you repeat the same lines over and over about the body, the suspects, the victims etc… those with the best acting experiences on a procedurals are often actors who have suspects and/or victims or people who guest stars for an arc of a few eps…

4. teniba says:

But all of this is pointless because it’s a procedural and in procedurals people can be replaced Kate was replaced by Ziva after all and before we even finished mourning Kate, the tony/ziva shippers were already asking for it to happen…

this article is just written in a way that would generate traffic with all of those comments on the topic etc…

5. GeekGirl13 says:

I actually thought immediately of Lauren Holly when I read the character name Lauren Hunter. That said, I will be absolutely devastated if they take Hetty away. Her interactions with the team are some of my favorite scenes and the recent eps that focused on her were some of the best. The only way I’ll be able to accept it is if it turns out Hunt asked to leave, but even then I’ll be heartbroken.

6. Heather says:

I think the reason most people didn’t like Claire on CSI NY was because she was trying to hard to be British. I actually enjoy her otherwise, so I’m willing to give her a chance. I have a feeling Hetty is going to end up being one of the deaths on the May Sweeps scorecard though … seems I heard some rumbling about it somewhere!

7. diann hodges says:

i love hetty she make the show, i lovethe whole crew

8. Dixie says:

I can’t believe they are getting rid of Hetty. What is wrong with these people. This will make the show just like all of the other so, so shows on TV. I can’t stand Claire Forlani. I love Hetty and her relationship with Callen. I liked the first season of this show better then this year. I still watch it because I love Chris O’Donnell. They are really messing up the show. They added Nell who grinds my nerves. Then they added Deeks who has become the focus of the show. I loved the banter between Callen and Sam and now that has almost disappeared. Please keep Hetty and add more Callen and Sam like it used to be. I also liked Nate and they got rid of him.

9. Deb Adler says:

I hope this isn’t another one of CBS Programming Execs “Chop A Female Lead Character” move vis-a-vis Criminal Minds. Hetty is part of the NCIS:LA family chemistry. Common CBS – STOP SCREWING WITH OUR FAVORITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Rebecca says:

Lose Hetty, lose this viewer.

11. YottsuHoshi says:

I am shocked about this news. I love Hetty. If it is real, this decision is really sucks…

Let our Hetty BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Jeanne says:

Please, please, please don’t get rid of Hetty. I just love her. I look forward to Tuesday nights with NCIS and NCIS LA. I really like the characters. Great job but please keep Hetty.

13. Sasha says:

I already hate Lauren Hunter/Claire Forlani. I wanted to punch that smug cocky face she had. CBS better get rid of her, even if they were to bring Hetty back it would be very difficult to watch the show with Claire Forlani’s character. CBS messed with Criminal Minds, now they are messing with NCIS LA, what is the point of find a show worth watching if all the producers are going to do is destroy it.

14. Dee Payne says:

Just want to add, NCIS LA is the most popular show where I work. First thing Wednesday morning we start on the show. After the last episode, Hetty was all we could talk about. 108 people on staff, only 4 don’t watch the show. We voted and 96 out of the 104 LOVE HETTY! She just adds something special and unique to the show.

15. TP says:

I personally think Claire is an absolutely beautiful woman, one whom I believe IS a good actress. It also seems to be the women here who don’t welcome to the show. Hmmmm. Yes, TWO beautiful women on the show would be GREAT.

16. DS says:

Oh no … please NOT the annoying CSI NY Peyton accent again on NCIS now! Stopped watching CSI NY because of Peyton’s annoying accent and character.

17. Jonathan Gartner says:

Lets get real Hetty is from the cold war era. She makes Vance her “boss” look like a hack. This new character is lame at best “dangerous” yah right give me a break

18. Dee says:

It looks as if CBS might be trying to cycle Hetty out. She is what keeps me interested in the show. Hope we can bring her back.

19. Kanna says:

Without Hetty this is just another “cop” show.
    Goodby NCIS LA.

20. palad says:

Hetty is the peice that makes the show work – all other shows are the same – everyone is so boring toooo formula nealy all stupic sit coms- all trying to style – hair and dress – the best – they have no depth and no character.

Its just another boring fashion show, same – same – same -same ideas, all are trying to get new audiences and it isn’t working, none of the new shows are that great, not one/many of them – with the exception of Terra Nova its a more interesting – has more variety.

I like Terra Nova.

Remember the the saing variety is the spice of life. It really is -

I hope you don’t replace Hettie with another boring face – formula only works for a while, and nearly everything on tv right now is formula, how much skin can we show, maybe if we get all of the prettiest people, complete with fake accents – ususally english or australian – oh bore me.

21. declan says:

i want to joining ncis la

22. declan says:

i want to be the 5 to do it

23. declan says:

i want to be the 5 to

24. declan says:

i love you ncis la

25. declan says:

i want to do it and i love your girl 1 and she very nice and i like you and i do it and i love doing it i love you and i love your girls 1 2 34567

26. Wilson4 says:

Hetty is a 4 foot tall crime fighter? She is better served in a Disney cartoon. The cast is cheesy enough with a “navy seal” that struts around like the rapper he is. Bring some believability to the show. Drop the munchkin and teach the rapper to walk like a true soldier.

27. Jesse Garcia says:

They get rid of Linda/Hetty, you can count on me dropping the show.

28. Donnie says:

NCIS LA, has been getting good ratings, WHY change any of the characters??
    now your messing with the shows chemistry!!
    i understood it, when kensi was having her baby, shiping her to another country,
    but to REPLACE HETTY, i guess CBS is not happy with a hit show
    i loved SCI NY, but , i never like the women your bringing in, she will demish the show,
    keep an eye on your ratings!!