Exclusive

Castle Scoop: The Grim Reaper's Paying a Visit

I’ve got some good news and some bad news, Castle fans. The bad is that the season finale will also be one character’s finale! The good? Well, um, I’m sure it’ll be exciting.

May Sweeps Scorecard: At Least Eight TV Characters Will Perish Next Month

Obviously, I’m sworn to secrecy as to the identity of the soon-to-be dearly departed. But I can tell you that it’s someone who’s been with the series since the beginning. And the show is pulling out the big guns, figuratively speaking, for this swan song: As I reported in Ask Ausiello, Will Beall, who also wrote this season’s knockout “Knockdown” episode, will be the hour’s author.

Spoilers on Castle, Bones, How I Met Your Mother, Glee and More!

So, who do you think is gonna bite the dust? Guesses below. And in case you were wondering, yes, TVLine’s May Sweeps Scorecard has been updated to reflect this looming tragedy.

1. Amanda says:

Josh is not even in this episode according to a different article by the editor in chief of Castle.

2. nameit says:

i think its captain montgemory

3. Johnny says:

Well my theory is way out there but I think with any great show they will try to shock us with who the person is who murdered beckets mom, and in order to do that it needs to be somebody we have seen but never would have thought of for the murderer. I think it could be capt. montgomery who murdered beckets mom, he is a murderer with a badge and is in a position to oversee becket and how close she is coming to the truth. I know it sounds crazy but it wouldnt be very effective to have the killer be somebody we have never seen in the show. If my theory is correct then I think that it will be castle who figures it out and becket who kills the capt. before he kills castle.

4. Emma P says:

People will hate me for saying this… but the more I think about it, the more the loss of Alexis would make sense. Especially if she dies because of a move that Beckett does in the investigation because of her uncontrollabe need to know what happened to her mom. Since they say that Beckett and Castle relationship will take a turn not necessarily for the best in the finale, this is my guess. Besides, what a ground for emotionnal conflict next season… Anyway, those two are gonna need room for their future baby, there’s a room to be emptied… it’s mathematical LOL!

5. j says:

Favorite show in the entire world. i have an unhealthy obsession with castle haha ;)
    If one of the main characters get killed off I’m going to be going ancwlm/ar/fdzlaxez.kmf,;azx/. and not in a good way.
    fingers crossed.

6. Kaie says:

I too hope its the captain, there talking about, cause it would be so awful, when Beckett dies.

7. Australian says:

Considerably well written piece of writing.