TVLine Items: 30 Rock's Baldwin Backtracks, Fox Renews Burgers, and Other News to Know

What are we going to do with you, Alec Baldwin? First, you abruptly announce that next season will be 30 Rock‘s last, and now you want the NBC comedy juggernaut to go on “forever”?!

Believe it or not, that is what the backpedaling actor said in a Huffington Post blog entry Thursday, all the while noting that what he really meant to say earlier this week was that his “days on network TV may be numbered,” adding, “Next year hopefully won’t be the last. Kenneth can run the network. Jenna will get her own talk show. Tracy will become Mayor of New York. Then resign to go raise exotic reptiles. And Lemon will go do…. just about anything she sets her mind to.”

Moving forward, all Baldwin blog posts, interviews and statements should be taken with a grain of salt.

Ready for more TV dish? Well…

• Fox has officially renewed freshman animated comedy Bob’s Burgers for a 13-episode second season.

• Fox’s The X Factor is doubling up on hosting duties, per The Hollywood Reporter. Freemantle’s North America CEO Cecile Frot-Coutaz tells the mag that while they’re working hard to make sure X Factor differs greatly from the network’s other competition series American Idol, they will be borrowing its Season 1 blunder format and enlisting the help of two hosts.

• Hope Davis (In Treatment) has joined the HBO comedy pilot Spring/Fall, says Deadline. Davis will play Tea Leoni’s business partner in the dog-eat-dog world of fashion.

• Controversial political news figure Glenn Beck is leaving his daily talk show on Fox News later this year. Beck and his production company will still work closely with the network, developing several specials in the coming months.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. John says:

Oh yeah! What was that other guy’s name, the other host of American Idol Season 1?

2. Jacob says:

Now that Beck’s leaving, can we finally stop talking about him?

3. Julia says:

His name was Brian Dunkelman.

4. Cass says:

Double hosts have worked for other competition series, however, that Simon Cowell has produced. I think it depends more on the chemistry of the two hosts rather than the format in general. And in his interview with Piers Morgan, Cowell hinted that it might be a male-female duo.

• sashay says:

Good point. I’d hope that they’d only go with two hosts if they worked well together, and not just for the sake of representing different demographics – i.e. saddling Tom Bergeron with Brooke Burke on DWTS. Definitely an example of when one host would be much much better than two! Other than Cat Deeley of So You Think You Can Dance, I can’t think of any female hosts that I enjoy.

5. Kristen says:

Geez, FOX renewed Bob’s Burgers before it renewed Lie To Me? Geez. Well I guess that’s the nail in the coffin, huh?

Tina & Company can’t do 30 Rock without Alec/Jack. It won’t work. So, next season is the show’s last because it’s Alec’s last.

6. Tania says:

There’s ‘Lie to Me’ and then there’s ‘House’m two exceptional dramas. However, FOX renews ‘Bob’s Burgers’. That one passed right by me as I’ve never heard of it. LOL

7. Gwen says:

Fox renewed “Bob’s Burgers” (when is THAT on??) and not “Human Target”??? Well, at least “Fringe” is renewed.

8. ema says:

Bob’s Burgers Sundays after Simpsons

9. Tego Livi says:

I’m thrilled (and more than a little surprised) that FOX is giving Bob’s Burgers a second season. The show is slyly funny, but is totally different from its animated neighbors. Every episode I see draws me in more. Unfortunately, it’s on opposite Amazing Race. I wish they’d sample it in a few different timeslots.

10. Katie says:

Bob’s Burgers is absolutely hilarious. I just recently started watching after Kelly Oxford tweeted about it saying it was her “new favorite show.” That woman knows funny, so taking her word for it, I checked it out. I was surprised by just how great it was. They choose simple concepts like the mother-in-law visiting and push it to a hilarious extreme (Bob pretending to be trapped in the walls to avoid her). I’m very happy it was renewed.