Tina Fey To Host SNL! And Will 30 Rock Pull a Parks and Rec With Her Pregnancy?

Get More: Casting News, News

Nothing slows Tina Fey down, folks. Not 24 hours after word broke that the very funny lady is five months pregnant with her second child, a rumor started swirling that the 30 Rock star is set to host an upcoming installment of Saturday Night Live.

Well, TVLine can confirm that Fey will indeed play host at her former stomping grounds for a third time (fourth if you count the Betty White/Mother’s Day 2010 outing), on May 7.

Fey last solo-hosted SNL in April 2010, with musical guest Justin Bieber.

As for Fey’s announced pregnancy: One wonders if it may have factored into her sitcom’s early renewal, which was announced wayyy back in November. As then-pregnant Amy Poehler’s Parks and Recreation did last TV season, might 30 Rock get a jump on production on some fall episodes this spring, thus affording its star and creator more time with baby before returning to the daily grind?

Actually, as I think about it, Fey would have had to report her pregnancy to NBC almost immediately upon conceiving, the pick-up came so long ago. Still, let’s get the unofficial word…. “At this point,” an NBC insider tells us, Fey’s pregnancy “isn’t expected to impact production.”

Comments (8)

• Tina Fey is a godess! :) I’m waiting patiently for her book to arrive from Amazon… Can’t wait to see her host SNL again, and seeing as it is the show’s 700th episode, I’m hoping for some surprise guests. Amy Poehler, perhaps? And Jimmy Fallon? And Maya Rudolph? And Rachel Dratch? And Chris Kattan? And Tracy Morgan? And everyone who’s ever been a part of the cast? :)

Comment by Linda – April 7, 2011 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Betty White should return the favor…

Comment by John Berggren – April 7, 2011 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought about that, but it’s suppose to be a suprise on the show to fans like us, but I can’t wait to see it happen soon! :)

Comment by Alexander Dillard – April 21, 2011 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • why do I seem to be the only one sick of/not enamored with Betty White?

Comment by me – April 25, 2011 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder if seeing Amy just do it convinced her to finally go for #2. Tina is very comlimentary to Amy in her book.

Comment by Em – April 7, 2011 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is great news! I’m happy for her and her family! :) @Em: Well, in her book she also mentions she felt guilty that her daughter didn’t have a sibling, and that she was the only child in her class that didn’t have any siblings while the others had at least two. I think it has more to do with Alice than Amy.

Comment by Mia – April 7, 2011 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It seemed to me that she really did want a 2nd child but was worried about a whole crew of people depending on her for the show since she was star, head writer and producer.

Comment by Em – April 7, 2011 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank God. If Alec Baldwin’s last season was a truncated one, I’d be pretty upset.

Comment by Sam – April 7, 2011 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post