The Chase Is Back On... On Saturdays

“Boots” is back! For a short spell, at least.

NBC’s Chase — starring Kelli Giddish as kick-ass U.S. Marshal Annie Frost — will finish out its freshman run of episodes starting Saturday, April 23, at 8/7c, a network rep confirms for TVLine.

Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Axed? What’s on the Bubble?

Pulled off the Peacock’s schedule after a so-so launch and at least one time-slot change, the action-drama has five episodes from its truncated order of 18 left to air.

In its most recent outing (airing January 26), Chase drew 4.17 million total viewers and a 1.2 demo rating. Among the series’ ensemble, Amaury Nolasco has gone on to land one of two leads in the ABC pilot Work It, while Jesse Metcalfe has been cast on TNT’s Dallas continuation as Bobby and Pam’s son, Christopher.

1. ultrawoman says:

Great news! I was disappointed when the show was cancelled.

2. Mikaylah says:

I was JUST looking for information about when the episodes would air yesterday. Thank you!

3. Erin says:

OMG…I am so excited about this. I know I am one of the few but I love this show. And I am keeping my fingers crossed Boots will live on for another season, even if cast changes have to be made. :)

• ty says:

Erin, I would enjoy these last few episodes. When all the main characters are landing pilots for the next fall season, that is not a good sign for the show.

4. Dirk says:

I would have rather had the last 3 episodes of The Cape.

NBC sucks.

5. Wanda Rudder says:

Please don’t cancel Chase. It has a strong female lead and one of the few great shows on that is worth watching.

6. Eve says:

I love this show !!
    Great to know they will air the last 5 episodes..
    still hoping they will give it a 2nd season.. even if this is almost unthinkable.

7. Lauren says:

I’m with everyone else- this is a great show that I think could succeed with a little work. Just give it a chance!

8. Suncatcher says:

Welcome back Chase! This show had an excellent cast and lead. Glad it might be getting a second chance.

Chase was up against some heavy competition in their freshman time slot. Hopefully Saturday’s will make a difference. Everyone is complaining about how bad Saturday night programs are right now – NBC may have stepped in something good, for once!

9. RPh59 says:

Reality check people: NBC is burning off the last 5 episodes they already paid for to make back some of the money. Chase is history after that (especially with its new owner Comcast and executives)

10. Lorie says:

Bittersweet news, but I’ll take it.

11. onno says:

Yessssssssss I missed Chase glad it’s back even if it’s for the ending

12. Nikki says:

You just made my day! I was disappointed when it finished airing in January. I’m glad we get to see the last episodes. :)

13. Kai says:

I’ve been waiting for this news.
    I’m happy to hear that they will at least air the last 5 episodes. :D
    Can’t wait to see them.

14. Kate says:

I LOVED this show, cant wait for the3 final 5 episodes!

Such a shame NBC didnt have faith in it, the ratings were not terrible, and it had like no advertising, but i wish it could have gone for a 2nd season at least!

15. Anisha says:

I actually enjoyed this show! I was sad when I learned it was cancelled. It’s a shame. I wish it would go for a second season, but with the majority of the cast being casted in other shows and the new comcast purchase, I doubt that would happen. But I’m still glad they’re finishing up the season.

16. WackT says:

GREAT! I’m so excited. I’ve missed Chase. I totally got into it in December. Mostly because I would watch it, then it would disappear and then come back, etc. Couldn’t find the timeslot. No advertising. Chase is just as good as the other crime shows, 5-0, Castle–it’s just about marketability. Find a time slot and stick to it. Wish it would continue!!!! Love Boots!

17. bigghands says:

Great. Just saw it was on but at first thought it must be a repeat. I finally, figured out why my DVR started taping it. Saturday is great for the next month. It will be the only thing on besides Saturday Night Live (when that is not a repeat)

18. sunrise63 says:

KEEP IT ON! We really like this show. We want to see more of it.

19. SUSAN says:

THANK YOU. I was so excited that you brought it back. Keep it coming. Please bring them all back for the next season, you will not regret it. Many people do not know about Chase. They need more exposure, more promotion. Trust me you have a winner here.

20. Marc says:

Another good show that gets the axe because the stupid programmers can’t quit moving time-slots. It’s really hard to watch a show when every couple weeks they change it’s timeslot. I really enjoy this show, too bad it probably isn’t gonna be back. (Wish I could fire the network programmers and have one of their jobs- I’d show ‘em how it should be done)

21. Tara says:

This show is great!!! I haven’t missed an episode. I hope Chase will be back next season.

22. renee says:

PLEASE DON’T CANCEL CHASE NBC!!!! SUCH A GREAT CAST AND AN AMAZING PRODUCER IN JERRY BRUCKHEIMER!!

23. Sommer says:

LOVE this show. I was really hoping it would get another season. It had everything action, drama, good actors, and great chemistry between it’s two leads. Sorry they are giving up on it. One less good show on tv.

24. Emmy says:

Chase is a great show and I am so disappointed that the show was cancelled. There is hardly anything good to watch these days on tv and now they cancel good ones like Chase!

25. Linda Ivie says:

Please, please please bring Annie back to us. She is the greatest in Chase. WE LOVE HER AND WANT TO SEE THE SHOW BACK ON THE AIR. THANKS.

26. Kristy says:

Can’t wait for Chase to come back on…love the show Kelli Giddish is awesome…