Talk about odd timing! Just days after reports surfaced that Katie Couric would exit her CBS Evening News post, rumors of a similar variety began to swirl about her Today successor, Meredith Vieira.
Vieira is considering vacating her Today cohost post when her contract expires later this year, TV Guide Magazine reports. A source says that while “NBC is doing everything they can to convince her to stay,” the early morning hours have become too demanding on Vieira and her family, and she’s simply ready to move on. Insiders tell the mag that Dateline‘s Ann Curry is currently the leading candidate to fill Vieira’s vacancy.
Ready for more TV dish? Well…
• Lost‘s beloved Rose, aka L. Scott Caldwell, is set to appear in the May 12 episode of CBS’ CSI as the former mother-in-law of Laurence Fishburne’s Langston, per ShaneSaunders.com.
• Fox’s Raising Hope has made recurring star Gregg Binkley — aka supermarket manager Barney — a series regular for Season 2, says Deadline.
• Flipping Out‘s Jenni Pulos will pop up on The Young and the Restless during May sweeps, playing Ashley and Tucker’s wedding planner.
• TVLine has learned that former primetime heavyweight Martin Lawrence is returning to television for the finale of TV One’s Love That Girl!, which stars Tatyana Ali. The episode, airing Monday, April 11 at 9/8c, marks Lawrence’s first TV role not playing himself since Martin wrapped in 1997.
• Comedienne Wanda Sykes has joined the ever-increasing list of guest stars stopping by the third season of Lifetime’s Drop Dead Diva, EW.com confirms.
• Ready for a double dose of wedded bliss? Sneak a peek at TV Guide Magazine’s first look photos of both the Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice weddings.
• ABC Family is teaming with 27-year-old country music superstar Miranda Lambert to develop a series based on her early years living with her private investigator parents, Deadline reports.
• The Hills’ Heidi Montag, onetime Bachelor Jake Pavelka, Real Housewife Danielle Staub and three other reality-TV alumni are now shooting a VH1 competition series in which the half-dozen of ‘em work to turn an empty L.A. space (step away with the Heidi joke…) into a happenin’ nightclub, HollywoodLife.com reports. After opening night, one fauxlebrity will be awarded a stake in the hotspot.
• Syfy has renewed the Tracy Morgan-hosted Scare Tactics for a 13-episode fifth season, to premiere in the fall of 2012.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?