Ratings: Good Wife Up, Body Of Proof Cools

CBS’ The Good Wife rebounded from a season-low demo rating this Tuesday to deliver a (could-be-better) 2.0, while courting 11.6 million total viewers (up 6 percent week-to-week).

Lording over the 10 o’clock hour, however, was Body of Proof — though the ABC newbie’s 11 million viewers and 2.4 rating marked a drop of 20 percent from its week-ago premiere.

Some of Body‘s cooling can be ascribed to its lead in, the Dancing With the Stars results show (15.6 mil/3.1), which itself dropped 17 and 27 percent, respectively.

Elsewhere this Tuesday:

* TV’s No. 1 drama, NCIS, saw a small week-to-week uptick in audience (to 18.8 million) but dipped a smidgen in the demo (3.6).

* No Ordinary Family wrapped its freshman run with an audience of 5.7 mil (up 7 percent) and a 1.5 rating.

* In the 9 o’clock hour, the back end of The Biggest Loser veritably tied the DWTS results show in the coveted 18-49 demo (and while delivering half the total audience).

* Opposite Body of Proof and The Good Wife, NBC’s Parenthood held steady at 4.73 million viewers and a 1.9 rating.

What were you tuned into this Tuesday night?

1. teniba says:

happy for the Good Wife

2. Andrea says:

Matt, I went to your recently former stomping grounds to watch the Body of Proof premiere after people raved about it so much. It was so bad that I left the site after 20 minutes of watching. TGW has always been terrific to me, and I’m glad to see it rebounded from last week.

• suzyku says:

I also watched last weeks episode of Body of Proof after hearing how much people loved it! UGH! Boring, Bad, turned it off before the end because “WHO CARES”! It’s like Crossing Jordan but even more unbelievable if possible. I’ll never bother to watch it again, total waste of time. Simple don’t understand the raves at all.

• Nate says:

Totally agree. I wanted to dig Body of Proof so bad. Big Dana Delaney fan and Jeri Ryan is just icing on the cake. So much win there its absurd. But the show itself is unwatchable. Just asinine to the nth degree. Gave it two episodes and b/w TGW, Parenthood and BOP – TGW and Parenthood took residence on the DVR and it was an absolute no brainer.

3. Emily says:

Seriously i don’t know anyone that actually watches NCIS, let along loves it. How these stats confuse me.
    Well done to BOP but MEGA congrats to TGW, they need to keep those numbers up coz the show IS delivering.

• suzyku says:

NCIS is one of the best shows on television! Well written, well acted, always interesting. Sure beats stupid reality shows and Body of Proof!

• Sourabh says:

I understand why people generally look at generic crime procedurals with disdain, but NCIS is actually quite good. I finally gave it a chance last summer, where I watched the important episodes of all the seasons, and I haven’t had a reason to skip an episode since.

The spin-off NCIS: LA is not that good though.

• EveatEden says:

What? You don’t know anyone who loves NCIS? You need to get a bigger circle of friends. My husband and I love it. It’s not my fav but it is his.

4. Laura says:

What about parenthood? I’m so nervous about its renewal!

5. Dana says:

I watched BOP last week and it was ok. I was surprised by the second episode on Sunday (why do they *DO* that?) and missed the first 10 minutes but still managed to enjoy it. This week’s episode was awful. The way they kept hammering the same points (she’s an awful person for not knowing the personal details/remembering patients/yada, yada, yada)made me change the channel. I like the cast so I’ll give it another try, but not if they keep hitting me over the head with the obvious stuff.

6. Che says:

I agree with Emily, NCIS is not as good as the good wife, also is a bit heartless opposite wife or even body if proof!!! Also DWtS is just boring for me, I would hope it gets cancelled and gives space to scripted dramas, but that is just unreal. Oh well, as long as the good wife gets third season I’m happy.

7. Caio says:

Matt, I think THe Good Wife’s 2.0 is quite good considering it’s the first time ( or one of the ) it airs with a repeat as lead-in.

8. Kacey says:

Body of Proof has a good cast but the writing is awful and so pedestrian. If they don’t fix that, the show is going to lose people week after week. The Good Wife on the other hand, is written and acted well.

9. BRETT says:

BODY OF PROOF is terrible. Awful. Couldn’t get through it. The entire premise is unbelievable. If you’re going to set your show in modern society, it better be at least somewhat accurate. There is no way she would just land that ME job. Trust me. Brain surgery isn’t the same thing; there are two different degrees for a reason. On the other hand, THE GOOD WIFE killed it. It keeps getting better and better. It’s now, for sure, must-see TV for me. I can’t wait for the rest of this season!

10. MattW says:

Too bad quality doesn’t equal viewership. If that were the case The Good Wife would be the most watched show on television.

• Cailey says:

I know! It’s such a well written show, and the cast is amazing. It has the odd less than impressive episode, but week after week, I end the episode in crazy excitement.

11. AlistairCrane says:

If No Ordinary Family had produced episodes as good as last night’s finale earlier in the season, it wouldn’t be in danger of cancellation now.

12. Sourabh says:

Quality wise, The Good Wife won the night.

Maybe someone who watched a lot of shows can start charting daily TV show ratings quality wise. Sometimes poor shows can have a good episode which could change ratings on that day. It would be fun.

13. Cathy says:

On a more serious note, I loved the animatronic lion in The Good Wife? Where can I find that at? Hearing Titus Welliver’s voice coming through it while watching Matt Czuchry’s face was hysterical.

14. Jeri says:

I like Dana Delaney but Body of Proof can’t compete with The Good Wife or Parenthood.

Another victim of bad scheduling.

15. dave says:

I honestly can’t be the only one enjoying Body of Proof….

16. dave says:

I honestly can’t be the only one enjoying Body of Proof…

17. jen says:

I am hoping BOP improves its story lines and writing. LOVE Dana Delaney and the cast. And I think shows about M.E. are interesting. It is a show that COULD be really good. And I agree w/ some of the PP…why do so many watch NCIS and NCIS:LA? BORING!!!

18. Carrie says:

I watched “Parenthood”, but those two teenage daughters drive me nuts.

19. DotDotDot says:

When you mention BOP in the same article as The Good Wife, it makes it that much more apparent just how superior TGW is. TGW is so clever, exceptionally acted (what CAN’T you tell by Juliana’s facial expressions…she’s amazing). It’s intricate without being confusing, just so, so good! BOP, what a disappointment. Predictable, bland, tries hard to be interesting, but the people running the show apparently have no concept of either nuance or surprise. And since when do medical examiners interrogate suspects? I realize with any show there’s some creative license taken, and on a better show I’d be willing to overlook it, but here it just makes the show even more ridiculous. I think BOP will continue to fall in the ratings, but I hope more and more people discover just how awesome TGW is!

20. Sarabi says:

No Ordinary Family finale was so PAINFUL to watch. I kind of hope that it will get cancelled. :/

21. Lyn says:

Love Dana Delaney and am disappointed to see her in a dull, utterly derivative show that’s just one poorly written cliche after another. Hope they put this thing out of its misery, but give DD another chance in a drama that’s fresher & at least slightly innovative. Honestly, a show about her “China Beach” character at midlife would be better than this one.

22. dctoronto says:

What exactly is the common demogrpahic they are looking at here?

23. Faye says:

As usual The Good Wife was more than good. And that Lion Speakerphone – tell me where can I buy one? That was hilarious.

24. Scribe says:

I love Dana Delaney too but watching the show where everyone is a dumb ass and she’s the smartest person in the room gets boring real quick. I don’t know why they can’t just do Kay Scarpetta if they want to do ME shows.

25. MBJ says:

Parenthood is arguably the best show on TV now. The story lines are credible, the acting is quality, and the show is easy to relate to.
    A real breath of fresh air next to all the Reality show nonsense that seems to be so prevalent.

26. Kiko says:

I got to preview Body of Proof a few months ago. My Internet screwed up about 20 minutes into the stream and I just didn’t care. Dana Delany is fabulous in it, but everyone else is acting like they’re forcing emotions and words without having any concept of what they’re actually supposed to be doing. In the real world, people don’t hate medical examiners for being right or even being brash. They appreciate the fact that their lives are made easier by their associates being good at their jobs. If you’re going to do a new procedural, you need to actually have a new spin on things. One of the reasons Castle is doing well amid so many other police procedurals is that it is different. Heck, give me a law procedural where it’s set in one courtroom so I can see a ton of different actors and almost solely the actual law portion and not have to get invested in a character’s back story and follow it every week without fail and that will be my favorite. I like relationships on shows, but I don’t think every show needs one. There are places of business where no romantic relationships are going on.