Kat Graham's Vampire Diaries Death Tease: 'A Series Regular Is Going Kaput!'

The Vampire Diaries‘ bewitching Kat Graham has just confirmed a killer rumor that’s been making the rounds: a major Mystic Falls player will be offed by season’s end!

“People will die,”Graham tells TVLine. “A series regular is going kaput; that’s the reality.”

Graham, who plays teen sorceress Bonnie on The CW’s supernatural hit, is surprisingly angst-free when it comes to discussing the impending fatality. “This show has never been a safe show to be on,” she says with a laugh. “If you’re cast on The Vampire Diaries, the likelihood of you dying is very good.

“It’s a job,” she shrugs. “I know I’m a bit of a hardass when it comes to that philosophy, but I’m a huge fan of [exec producers] Kevin [Williamson] and Julie [Plec], both as people and [as] writers. So, if they’re going to explore new avenues, it’s for a good reason.”

Whatever the future holds for Bonnie — life, death or something in between — Graham assures TVD fans that her alter ego is not going down without a fight.

“Bonnie’s in a very nervous-but-prepared state now that she has her powers back and received the secret of how to take on Klaus from Jonas (Randy J. Goodwin),” Graham offers. “She knows what that entails, and she’s very much ready… She’s going to do what she needs to do, and if she is going to do anything to sacrifice herself for Elena (Nina Dobrev), she is going to do it in her way.”

Graham is extra tight-lipped when it comes to big bad über-vamp Klaus (played by British newcomer Joseph Morgan), save for this cryptic tease: “He’s more than you imagine. That is my secret to you. That is my riddle and my big twist.”

And just in case that’s not enough, Graham leaves fans with one final zinger. “The last six episodes are huge — [there are] huge changes to the season as a whole,” she reveals. “Probably the biggest changes we’ve had in the entirety of our show.”

The Vampire Diaries returns Thursday night at 8/7c with all new episodes on The CW.

TAGS: , , , ,
GET MORE: Finales, Interviews, Previews

1. Cyberologist says:

HUH…???

“everybody hates Bonnie”

is entirely a hater a work sprinkling the nasty dust.

Kat’s Bonnie has a huge fanbase huge on Facebook, several websites, LiveJournal and hundreds of fanfiction stories. I can bring her fans from my website as proof but why bother countering someone who has polled “EVERYBODY” the entire Vampire Diaries audience…

I think this pretty much says it all. How can you “possibly know what millions of viewers think.”

We certainly don’t want Bonnie killed off.

2. Hattie says:

I hate Bonnie and would love to see her gone. However, I don’t think it’ll be her. Maybe Katherine. I pray it isn’t Alaric. It also could be Jeremy. Jeremy may intervene to protect Bonnie during the spell and wind up killing himself in the process.

3. Sharie says:

Bonnie is one of the more interesting characters…and from what I’ve seen, Delena fans are the ones that can’t stand her. But thankfully, the Delena fans have become so annoying that more ppl are turning against them than for them. Talk about fans ruining a ship.

4. Sarah L. says:

It had better not be ALARIC!!! I love Ric. He is a piece of wisdom in the chaos. I dont want anyone to die. Of course it will inevitably be someone we love, because that is how it works. Maybe it will be John (though I guess I would be a tiny bit sad there too). I would be ok if it was Katherine or Jules but they are not really series regulars. Obviously it wont be Damon or Stefan, it could be Elena if they did the whole dead/undead thing with her, but sadly I think everyone else is fair game. This means Bonnie, Jeremy, Alaric, Jenna, Tyler, Matt, and Caroline are all possible options.

5. Sarah L. says:

P.S. I am a Delena fan, but I like Bonnie and she is crucial to the show. And as much as I love Delena, I don’t think they will be end game anymore than Bella and Jacob would’ve been. Its going to be Stefan and Elena forever, which is ok too. I just prefer Delena!

6. Lindsey says:

Oh my goodness… I was reading through comments and a few people mentioned that Andie Starr could be the one dying. I was ashamed to admit that I couldn’t remember who the heck that was, so I imbd’d her… Ummm, she’s that chick that came to dinner at the Salvatore’s and dated – Damon?? – for about five seconds? How on earth would her death be considered the death of a “series regular”?? It’s got to be someone who has been on the show for at least most of this season, if not both. My guess would be Alaric, but I really hope I’m wrong. :(

7. Kenny says:

I’m a Delena fan and I most certainly do NOT hate Bonnie. I think she’s a fantastic character and I love Kat Graham. If she doe die I’m going to be SERIOUSLY upset.

8. Zoe says:

I think Bonnie gets a lot of hate from (some) Delena fans because of the prospect of Bamon. I’m a Bamon fan and always have been and I do think that Bonnie and Damon have had some amazing chemistry in the few scenes they’ve had together, far more than Elena and Damon have. I think Delena are poison for the both of them, she has his evil ex-bitch’s face and she wants him to be like Stefan. How would Elena handle her boyfriend killing some innocent girl for dinner? Bonnie would fry his brain and show him that it’s not okay.
    I never really saw the “chemistry” between stefan and Elena either but I still love them. I think they have more than chemistry, besides, chemistry is just lust and lust doesn’t last forever.
    I love Stelena and can’t fathom Delena because of how destructive it would be to Stefan who so obviously loves Elena and who Elena loves back.

9. essence says:

I like bonnie is the best I am a her number 1 fan I would do anything, just to meet her that’s how I feel