Nikita Scoopfest: Mikita's Reunion, Division's Possible Downfall and… Alex's Betrayal?!

The CW’s Nikita resumes its freshman season this Thursday (at 9/8c) with “Covenants,” an episode so game-changing you might actually mistake it for a finale. But showrunner Craig Silverstein has a thing or two to say about that, telling TVLine that the shock-and-awe nature of this week’s hour is but the beginning of an explosive batch of season-ending installments. Said episodes may include a “Mikita” hookup, a Nikita/Alex breakup, and the imminent bust-up of Division.

TVLINE | Let’s start with that steamy promo for “Covenants.” Having seen the episode, I know the answer, but for the fans: Is the romantic moment between Michael (Shane West) and Nikita (Maggie Q) real?
Yes, that happens. It’s real.

TVLINE | How in the world do things get to that point between the two? Last we saw, Michael was holding Nikita at gunpoint.
There is a flashback or two that shows Michael and Nikita when they first got together, when they were both working in Division. So, we’ll see when things were as good as they were between them…and also as bad as they are now, with him pulling a gun on her in her place, putting her whole mission at risk.

TVLINE | Is there any chance we’ll see a union between these two by season’s end — romantic or otherwise?
In terms of him coming over to her side, I think that has always been in the cards. She’s been asking for that repeatedly, for Michael to wake up and open his eyes. And it may take a really huge shock for him to open them. But even if he steps over to her side, it would not be an easy transition.

Nikita Boss ‘Feeling Good’ About Renewal Chances, Teases Possible Second Season

TVLINE | If Nikita is picked up for a second season, is it possible to move forward with Michael and Nikita openly fighting on the same side, or would he need to stay undercover in Division?
I can’t tell you that without spoiling what happens at the end of the season — but I do know the answer to that. [Laughs]

TVLINE | Fair enough. Can you say anything to appease the massive “Mikita” fanbase? Will they be satisfied with this “Will they/Won’t they?” couple’s journey throughout the rest of the season?
They will enjoy it, although it’s a question of if the fans ask themselves what they really enjoy: Do they enjoy being tortured? [Laughs] The answer may be yes! They will get what they want, but like so much of what happens in the show, people achieve victories only to find there’s a dark lining to the silver cloud.

TVLINE | Viewers are also dying to know: Are there plans to pit Nikita and Alex (Lyndsy Fonseca) against one another?
Oh yeah. Something negative will come into their relationship this season.

TVLINE | Something tells me that Amanda (Melinda Clarke) has something to do with that feud — am I right?
Amanda does have a lot to do with it.

TVLINE | What is her deal, anyway? Is Amanda strictly a villain, or merely a champion of the cause she believes in?
What is up with Amanda? [Laughs] Percy (Xander Berkeley) is really, really smart, and I also think he’s really, really cynical and self-serving. Any talk of patriotism is really a façade. He is out for Numero Uno. Amanda does have a code and some ideals, which makes her infinitely more dangerous and scary because she does believe in something. Of all the characters with a backstory, we know the least about Amanda, and she’ll make a few moves at the end of the season that will surprise everyone. However, you’re not going to learn a full Amanda backstory this season.

Nikita Scoop: Mad Man Infiltrates Division!

TVLINE | Speaking of Percy: After Thursday’s episode, fans will be dying to know what’s in store for the big bad.
Percy is going to come into the forefront in a very real way in the last few episodes. You’re going to see just how powerful and intelligent of an antagonist he is. It’s really going to make for an exciting fight to the finish.

TVLINE | This week we also see a glimpse of what the real future may hold for Alex and Nathan (Thad Luckinbill). What can you tease?
Alex is really shaken up by the future that she’s seen, and she really is considering getting out [of the spy game]. The price of revenge is too high for her. But the problem is that it will be hard because of Nathan’s safety. She doesn’t want to repeat what happened with Nikita and Daniel. She can’t just split, because then they’ll grab this guy and torture him until she comes back. So she’s got to break up with him, but that’s hard to do, too.

TVLINE | And lastly, let’s see if you can answer some random fan questions: “Might we see Thom (Ashton Holmes) again at some point? His death was so shocking.
It is possible to see Thom again, but I can tell you he doesn’t pop back up this season.

TVLINE | What about some scoop on Birkhoff (Aaron Stanford)? People love that little guy.
There’s some good stuff coming up for Birkhoff, some of him fighting, which is rare. And beyond that, there’s some real nice Birkhoff [story] right at the end of the season.

How was that for some Nikita scoop? Which storyline shocker are you most eager to see pan out? Hit the comments and let us know.

Comments (28)

• Awesome! I love Nikita so much. I was hoping that Micheal and Nikita would be partnering up by the next ep. I don’t what to think about his answers about Micheal stepping over to her side. I thought that huge shock was going to happen in Covenant and then he’s going to be on Nikita’s side 100%. Oh man, I can’t wait to see how this all goes down.

Thanks for the article!

Comment by Sally – April 5, 2011 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you for the Nikita scoop Meg! Sounds like the end of the season is going to be explosive!!!

Comment by Sabrina – April 5, 2011 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • really interesting nikita scoop. i totally cannot wait for this thursday’s new episode. we are looong due a new episode. that freaking hiatus was freaking too looong!! :(
    mikita for the win!! :D :p

Comment by Ruthie – April 5, 2011 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG this MIKITA SCOOP IS SOOOO GOOD. I’m so excited that the sex is real and he will be slowly starting to transition to her side! I really hope by seasons end he picks her side completely…especially considering she’s going to be losing Alex it looks like :*(. She’ll need someone there for her, on her side! MIKITA FTW! Also I had a feeling that Amanda was going to play a part in whatever happens between Nikita/Alex. :( I can’t wait for the rest of the season. Sounds sooo good Mikita, Amanda/Alex, Nikita/Alex, and all the twists and turns that is to come! :D EEP bring it on!

Comment by Jen – April 5, 2011 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MEG!!!! YOU FRIGGING AMAZING HONORARY MIKITA SHIPPER FOR LIFE!! <33 ILY!!! LOLOL AND I LOVE CRAIG FOR ALL THIS AMAZING SCOOP… MIKITA & OTHERWISE… BUT AHHHHHHHHH THE MIKITA!!! <333 THEY ARE TOO EPIC FOR WORDS!! AND THIS SEASON PROMISESSS!!

WHO WANTS TO TAKE BETS ON MICHAEL *FINALLY* CHOOSING LOVE OVER DUTY IN THE FINALE?!?!?! I DO I DO!! yayyyy!!!
    thanks so much again Megs!! Eeeeeeep SO EXCITED!!!

Comment by Rachel – April 5, 2011 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loving all the Mikita scoop!!! I can’t believe Alex is going to betray Nikita. :( Nikita has been there for her from the very beginning and I’m saddened by this spoiler. I hope Nikita knock some sense back into Alex’s head!!!

Comment by Kelly – April 5, 2011 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Begin to think the show is named MIKITA….ugh

Comment by Dragon – April 5, 2011 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG I can’t wait :o) this Mikita scoop has me so excited!

Comment by Faith – April 5, 2011 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HELL YES! da end of this season is gunna rock. Maggie and Shane have so much chemistry and jus sizzle as Mikita.

Comment by Josh – April 5, 2011 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They better not keep Alex and Nikita apart to long. Maybe a little tiff but nothing major. I like them working together. Amanda is evil. She will probably brainwash Alex.

Comment by Mike B – April 5, 2011 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES miktia ftw!

Comment by Jesse – April 5, 2011 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You’re too much and Craig too!! Excellent interview! Amoo .. Nikita is the best show for me, now! Eager to see what happens in this episode and season finale! I think Michael kind of hard to go completely to the side of Nikita for now. But let’s see what happens! =] .. Ansiosaa! Here in Brazil, “Nikita”has many fans! Thanks for that!

Comment by Jaqueline – April 5, 2011 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ohhhhh michael and nikita sexytimes are real. i like this :o) since I was worried … so glad hell finally join her too. craig seems like a total shipper too hihihi love this.

Comment by Sally – April 5, 2011 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMGGGGGG….ALEX/NIKTIA ;-; nooooo … tho i am excited for mikita stuff. Im so conflicted. breaking my heart 1 way and completing it another. *-*

Comment by Lauren – April 5, 2011 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alex’s betrayal will be the biggest tragedy this show has ever seen. Please tell me it doesn’t last long?

Comment by A – April 5, 2011 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seconded. I think Nikita & Michael are hot together too, but the heart of the story is Nikita and Alex. I read another fan comment somewhere that the love story has been done to death, but that kind of sister bond is so rare, and that sums it up perfectly.

This show has been SO good so I do have faith in it, but please don’t just stir up drama for the sake of drama, i.e. if Nikita & Michael are together then Nikita & Alex have to be apart! The girls have really been through hell together and it will take something really big to rock that in a believable way.

Expand Division instead of shrinking the core duo/trio (plus Owen, who should come back as a regular for S3)!

Comment by RP – April 5, 2011 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for the mikita scenes. sucks about alex tho ;( i hope that doesn’t last long….

Comment by Kevin – April 5, 2011 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • homg so excited! *-* MIKITA!!!! Although the nathan/alex and alex/nikita spoilers break my heart. Can’t wait to see this play out!

Comment by Denise – April 5, 2011 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The CW is following me on Twitter @ cw_post_early, which is cool because I’m pretty much saying they are wrong for posting their videos online late. COME ON PEOPLE build up the momentum and tell your friends to LIKE this FB Page: THE CW SHOULD NOT WAIT FOUR DAYS TO POST THEIR EPISODES ONLINE. Let’s show the CW we mean it. 161 people liking my page is good, but 100,000 is better. Tell your friends and click the LIKE BUTTON. If I get so many likes in 3 days, the CW will probably post TVD and Nikita new episodes online up on Thurs night instead of Mon. They know I’m here, but I need HELP. Help a girl out. PLEASE HELP OUT BECAUSE THE CW IS WATCHING AND I WANT THEM TO LISTEN TO US. Thanks.

Comment by CW_Post_Early – April 5, 2011 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great scoop Megan. I’m so excited about the last six episodes and like Maggie said these last episodes will be worth the LONG WAIT we’ve had to endure. I’m so glad that Mikita is happening, but I want some Owen/Michael drama too. I like my Mikita with some sexual tension and angst. I’m so devastated that Alex will be against Nikita at the end, but I am positive WE WILL SEE A SEASON 2 FROM NIKITA. I know it. 2 more days(:

Comment by CW_Post_Early – April 5, 2011 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Meg, thanks for the scoop!! Nikita is my absolute favorite show on TV right now and it has been on hiatus for way too long. I can’t wait to see what happens between Michael and Nikita. I have a feeling that even though they will make some progress in their relationship, it’s going to be a bumpy road for them. I’m sad about Nikita and Alex, but I think that it will make for some great TV. I’m glad we’ll get to see more of Birkhoff too. He adds a lot to the show when he is on, which, unfortunately isn’t enough. I really hope that none of the main cast are killed off.

Comment by Adrienne – April 5, 2011 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the scoop Meg! Love that Craig Silverstein is so open to talking about the show. He really seems to understand the fans. Countdown to the end of hell-atus is nearing the end!

Comment by Dianne – April 5, 2011 11:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nikita is such an underated show … it’s smart , well written , action packed , has a cliffhanger each and every episode , and a great cast … i mean “popular” shows like bones or ncis have a cliffhanger every 10 episodes and it’s sometimes boring , and NIKITA is soooo much better than them …. i feel really sad that this amazing show doesn’t have the audience it truly deserves .

Comment by lolo – April 6, 2011 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Love MIKITA!!! FOLLOW YOU!!!

Comment by Alice – April 7, 2011 12:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s so obvious that alex will probably die trying to kill Nikita for killing her parents.

Comment by G – April 7, 2011 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. I thought this show was done for the season.

It’s ridiculous how tv networks are airing shows anymore, you never know when anythings going to be on. They show a few episodes, skip a few months, show one more, skip a few more months. Then they wonder why none of their shows make it.

Comment by Dave T – April 7, 2011 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mikita FTW!!!Love this show so much!!!
    In China, there is a massive fan base for Nikita as well.
    Praying for a second season…

Comment by sophie – April 13, 2011 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Roan needs to come back he can’t go down like that

Comment by Christian – September 14, 2012 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post