Dancing With the Stars Results: Did the Right Couple Go Home Tonight?

After a wild, emotional Monday night featuring our fearless stars interpreting their lives’ most memorable trials, tribulations and, yes, even occasional triumphs — not to mention one spectacularly titanic tumble — the second results-show telecast of Dancing With The Stars’ twelfth season may have seemed spectacularly…anticlimactic.

Well, it wasn’t all that dull. Barely a minute in, Hines Ward and Kym Johnson were not only told they were safe, but then strutted a gleeful encore performance of their samba to Earth Wind and Fire’s “Fantasy.” Woot! We were also “treated” to a sparkling performance by Justin Bieber’s sweetie, teen sensation Selena Gomez, who at 18 was already making her second career appearance on DWTS (her first was in 2009), warbling her new single “Who Says” with the Scene.

Admittedly, my irony antennae were kinda hoping the teen queen would opt to sneak in a few bars of her old hit “Falling Down.” No, I’m not a heartless beast, but don’t we all secretly tune in to see famous people hit the ground? And I just know the ever-game Kirstie Alley (her “Where am I? Who am I? Let’s change the subject!” smackdown tonight of Brooke Burke was pure gold) would have been highly amused.

Alas, Selena didn’t cooperate with me on that one, but before the fetching Tom Bergeron and Robo Brooke Burke’s stone cold hearts retired the dancing shoes of the couple with the lowest combination of viewer votes and judges’ scores, we were also treated to One Republic, whose performance of “All the Right Moves” sent the DWTS Dance Troupe –I still am not sure what to think of this merry band– into a twirly whirly semi-frenzy. Earlier, Dmitry and Lacey boogied to “Good Life,” and we got some private video diaries (was that Ralph Macchio’s bare bum behind that disco ball?), too!

But without further ado, let’s get town to the nitty gritty — tonight’s results:

Wendy Williams and Tony Dovolani
Kendra Wilkinson and Louis Van Amstel
Chris Jericho and Cheryl Burke

Chris Jericho and Cheryl Burke
Wendy Williams and Tony Dovolani

Wendy Williams and Tony Dovolani

“This has been a wonderful opportunity for me,” said a clearly disappointed Williams, after reeling off her exhausting ‘to do’ list — coast to coast flights, motherhood, marriage! — before gracefully exiting the stage. “I want to thank the judges and I want to thank you also Tony for teaching me how to dance,” said Williams, who quipped, “Despite stereotypes, this is one black girl who can’t even do the Running Man!” before one last sashay and a plug for The Wendy Williams Show. Adieu, Wendy!

And with that, it’s your turn. What did you think of Wendy’s not so shocking exit? Any thoughts (or shudders) about Brooke’s ever-heinous attire, this one a half-shoulder frilly number? What could possibly be in store for us during classical week? Sound off in the comments, and let us know in our poll if the right couple went home! —Mitch Rustad

1. Sam says:

Joel McHale’s gonna be pissed.

2. SOL says:

Jeebus, that Selena brought a big bag of nuthin’ didn’t she?

3. Amber says:

freakin’ A, the right person went home. I also agree with Sam, I foresee The Soup having a moment of silence this week over Wendy leaving DWTS. Joel has plenty of material left as long as Kendra is on the show though.

I can’t believe I never noticed what a robot Brooke was until I started reading this website. Now it’s all I can see. She seems like such an interesting choice to be a host, I wonder what made ABC think she would be good at it with that complete lack of personality.

• Meg says:

I think the hosting job was between Brooke, Melissa Rycroft, and Nancy O’Dell. A lot of people wanted Drew Lachey because he did a really good job when Samantha Harris went on pregnancy leave. I personally think ABC should have picked Melissa. At least she has some personality. When Brooke first started with the show I thought it was just her nerves that made her act like that, but it’s really just how she is.

4. Chloe says:

So sad for, Wendy. Takes a ton of guts to learn to dance in front of 40 million people. I love her so much, I wish she performed better. Done for the season, now.

5. cjinsd says:

Well, I guess we know what Lacey wasn’t doing since Mike got booted off…fixing her heinous hair.

6. frances says:

Dancing with the Stars is in it’s 12th season.

7. Raksha says:

You know, I really like Wendy Williams and all, but I am just glad that Chelsea Kane and Mark Ballas were not voted off. PHEW!

8. Liz says:

The little kiss to chelsie from mark was such a cute little moment

9. Carlito says:

Great recap – you hit all the right points.

10. mel says:

Darn tootin the right person got the boot last night. Wendy can’t dance her way out of a paper bag. Additionally, she was rude to Tony at the end, and left him standing in the middle of the dance floor while she shook random audience members hands. I hope next season Tony gets someone who actually has some potential in the dance department, this year Wendy, last year Kate. Poor guy was saddled with four left feet.

11. charlotte says:

Umm, I don’t know where you got “she gracefully exited the stage…” Were we watching the same show? I thought they were supposed to do a final dance but she totally dissed Tony and went to greet the audience members? Maybe she forgot that she wasn’t on her talk show? So rude!

• lime says:

I agree! I couldn’t believe she didn’t actually dance at the end – doesn’t she know how the show works?!? Honestly, I wish she had been eliminated first, at least Mike was putting his all into his dances. She just marked the whole time.

• Rockin' Robin says:

Ditto, I hope Tony finally gets someone who has a chance and can maybe learn to dance.

• Sue says:

She probably did that so she wouldn’t have to dance since she, cleary, can’t.