The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Week

As but a supplement to the awesome features and original reporting TVLine has coming your way this week, here are 26 shows you might want to keep on your radar.

9/8c NCAA Men’s Basketball Championship (CBS) |
My Connecticut roots have me rooting for the Huskies over Butler’s Bulldogs.
9 pm The Event (NBC) | Sterling gets suspicious of Simon, the undercover ET. Um, finally?
10 pm Castle (ABC) | A dead body turns up in a pizza oven. But was it cut into 16 pieces?
10 pm Harry’s Law (NBC) | In the first of five bubble shows bidding their season adieu this week, Harry defends courtroom nemesis Jeffrey Peyton (Paul McCrane) when he’s charged with assault.

8/7c NCIS (CBS) |
Any team members who were Without a Trace fans will do a double-take when they meet Ziva’s beau, “C-I-Ray” (played by Enrique Murciano).
8 pm No Ordinary Family (ABC) | Mrs. X (Lucy Lawless) kidnaps JJ in the first season finale.
10 pm Lights Out (FX) | This not-renewed series’ finale features the big clash between Lights and Death Row — though not before their respective wives go at it a bit first!
10 pm The Good Wife (CBS) | While Alicia locks horns with Louis Canning (Michael J. Fox) a third time, “Cary finds out shocking information about Kalinda.” Could it be her Big secret?
10 pm Parenthood (NBC) | Crosby labors to win Jasmine back. Hmm, looks like someone finally read about the casting for the Charlie’s Angels pilot.

9:30/8:30c Breaking In (Fox) |
Series premiere: Bret Harrison (Reaper) is Cameron, a computer-savvy college student “recruited” by Christian Slater’s security firm. Odette Yustman plays a potential love interest, if Cameron can lure her away from her wacky beau (Smallville vet Michael Rosenbaum).
9:30 pm Mr. Sunshine (ABC) | Ben hooks up with Crystal’s new assistant, played by Lizzy Caplan. Bad timing, dude — the season ends tonight!
10 pm Justified (FX) | That Mags Bennett throws one hell of a hootenanny, and the cider isn’t the only thing packing a punch. Wait until you hear what Boyd has to reveal about those maps he studied. (Later, for good measure, someone dies.)
10 pm Off the Map (ABC) | Season finale: Maybe if Lily and Otis had, like, broken out into song once, Off the Map wouldn’t be On the Bubble.

Dates for 21 ABC Season FInales

8/7c The Vampire Diaries (The CW) |
No, it only feels like we last got a fresh episode in 1864. The series’ return features the resurfacing of Elena’s birth mother, Isobel (Mia Kirshner).
8 pm The Big Bang Theory (CBS) | Yeah, so this is the episode Kaley was talking about in our Q&A, the one in which Sheldon winds up shaking his groove thing.
8:30 pm Perfect Couples (NBC) | Paul Reiser’s new show in getting plugged in here starting next Thursday, so this likely marks the season finale of this week’s Bubble Show No. 5.
9 pm Nikita (The CW) |
Michael gives Nikita an ultimatum: “Find the people who killed my family, or Alex’s jig is up. Succeed, and we can totally make out.” (I’m paraphrasing-slash-fabricating.)
9 pm CSI (CBS) | Fans of Nikita‘s Melinda Clarke can double their pleasure, as Lady Heather once again gets involved in one of the CSIs’ cases.
10 pm The Mentalist (CBS) | The Eye’s hottie guest star night continues with Morena Baccarin (V) as the wife of the murdered owner of a dating site.

8/7c Smallville (The WB The CW) |
With the show’s final season resuming next week, it’s a fitting time to revisit the pilot and see how the beginning of the beginning began.
10 pm Blue Bloods (CBS) | Someone is poisoning runway models. With what, caloric cheeseburgers? (Editor’s Note: Still funny!)
10 pm Merlin (Syfy) | As Starz’s tale of Camelot, Merlin and Arthur enters Week 2, this telling of Merlin, Arthur and Camelot closes its third season. Yes, it’s all very confusing.

11:30 pm Saturday Night Live (NBC) |
Dame Helen Mirren is the third British host out of SNL‘s last five outings, raising the question: Did Alec Baldwin ever get a crack at Benny Hill?

8/7c The Simpsons (Fox) |
David Copperfield and Penn and Teller (Teller?) voice themselves when Lisa becomes apprentice to a magician (Martin Landau).
9 pm Brothers & Sisters (ABC) | In back-to-back episodes, Kevin and Scotty face losing Olivia, and Nora and Saul are rocked by a death.
10 pm The Killing (AMC) | The mystery continues as the police try to connect what happened to Rosie Larsen with what they discovered in the high school basement.

Which of the above is must-see TV for you? And by all means, hit the comments to politely share tune-in recommendations of your own.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. dan says:

I’ll watch CSI and SNL for sure. CSI’s 11th season has been great, shame that people don’t seem to care anymore.

2. JB says:

Is there any hope for Perfect Couples? I finally started watching it and it really is exceptionally funny and endearing.

3. Alice says:

Awww, I like Off the Map. And I love Allison Janney, but Mr. Sunshine never really got going. Can we keep Off the Map instead? I know it’s cheesy medical soap in the jungle, but it’s GOOD cheesy medical soap in the jungle. And I need more mini-Streep!

• Megalion says:

DISAGREE! Mr Sunshine’s made me laugh every week. It’s the show I watch closest to actual broadcast time, often starting it on the DVR while it’s still recording.

Off the Map got booted off my DVR after 3 episodes. I love cheese but it was too over the top for me. And it looked like Hawaii not the jungle.

• Marcie says:

4. Sparky says:

So much good TV from Castle, The Good Wife, The Big Bang Theory, The Vampire Diaries, Nikita and my new favorite The Killing. Great memories of Twin Peaks watching that show last night. Not sure who killed her but the councilman sure tops the list at the moment….

5. keila says:

Her Big secret, Matt? I love it. :)

6. Daniel says:

Dude, Butler FTW! Smallville back when it had some credibility, instead of being all about Clark becoming Mr. Lois Lane.

7. katie says:

I’m watching Off the Map, Brothers & Sisters, The Vampire Diaries and the Big Bang Theory

8. Leslie says:

He didn’t even mention there is a new episode of BONES on Thursday!!

9. Dominique says:

Definitely Off The Map and The Vampire Diaries!
    Off the Map is a really great show and I don’t understand why it has such low ratings, but I hope it’ll get a second season.
    As for TVD.. Well I just missed that show.

• Danielle H. says:

Totally with you on this. I REALLY hope that ABC gives Off the Map another shot because it actually keeps me interested (which very little TV does nowadays). They should just put it on at 8 on Thursdays and have a whole night of ABCs Dr. shows… I still don’t get why they haven’t done that already.

And Vamp Diaries being gone this long has been torture. I will be waiting with baited breath until 8 on Thursday!!!

• teniba says:

Even shonda rhimes doesn’t talk about it that much, that show has lost like 3 of it main cats who have already signed for new pilots on different networks so how is someone going to expect this show to be back

10. Karyn says:

I am so excited for Nikita to come back that I can barely contain myself. Who knew this would become one of my top 3 favorite shows?

• Kris says:

Agreed. I didn;t even want to watch it but I saw the pilot and was hooked. It’s now my 3rd favourite show behind One Tree Hill and Friday Night Lights. I’m also excited for The Vampire Diaries.

11. Danny says:

Um, yeah … Casey Novak (Diane Neal) returns to “SVU” on Wednesday.

12. TaraMisu says:

Vampire Diaries, FINALLY!!!!!!!

13. Letícia says:

Yeah! The Vampire Diaries this week! Finally!

14. Holly says:

What about Body of Proof on Tuesday @10pm (ABC) and the all-new episode of BONES on Thursday @9pm (FOX)? Both seem very worthy of attention.

15. Kari says:

Nikita!!! I will definitely be watching this show!!

16. sheilar88 says:

yay can’t wait for the vampire diaries!!! the episode looks amazing. really looking forward 2 nikita as well.

17. tvfan says:

How could you NOT mention the return to Upstairs Downstairs starting April 10 on PBS. The was a wonderful BBC series (from the 70’s) and this brief return should get more attention.

18. SnazzyO says:

I’ll give Camelot a couple more episodes but so far the PG “Merlin” is kicking R+ “Camelot’s” behind IMO.

Merlin finale for S3 is truly epic (yes, I’ve already seen it in the UK).

• Melody says:

I have DVR’d Camelot but not had a chance to watch it yet, but I’m a huge fan of Merlin. I have also had the opportunity to see the season finale already and agree, it was great. Game changing moments happened that have me all excited for season 4.

19. Marcie says:

I second Alice’s comments – Off the Map is awesome! Mr. Sunshine blows chunks!

20. Amber says:

I’ll be watching Justified for sure, nothing is getting in the way of that. But I would also like to plug the miniseries Mildred Pierce on HBO on April. 10th. How come TVline never talks about that show? It’s really freaking good. I would also like to plug Dancing with the Stars, which is my one guilty TV pleasure, not that it needs any advertising from me.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Yeah, that’s where I’m coming from — IDOL and DWTS don’t need me to suggest that people watch them. They’re doing just fine as is ;)

P.S. enjoy JUSTIFIED, this week is a ridiculously intense hour!

21. Dr. Oops says:

Ep 3 of “The Killing” airs at 10 p.m. ET, not 9.

22. Carrie says:

I will be watching “Parenthood”, “Smallville”, “Merlin” and “Justified” for sure. I also watch “Harry’s Law” and “The Event”, but they’re not exactly must-see for me.

23. Jasmi e says:

My weeks starts with PARENTHOOD! Everything before Tuesdays at 10, is just filler! I will record Burden of Proof. Also, must watch Fringe and L&O: UK! Love them! Best L&O since the original.

24. D says:

No Bones and no Criminal Minds?

25. Kate says:

I can’t wait for Castle!

26. teniba says:

“Ben hooks up with Crystal’s new assistant, played by Lizzy Caplan. Bad timing, dude — the season ends tonight!”

Ben is Matt Perry, whose current GF is hmmmm Lizzy Caplan! come on Matthew? with Andrea who is Matt Leblanc’s GF in the show, u don’t think that smells too much like nepotism?

anyway the show is kind of cool but he Perry should have learned what Cox did with Cougar, once that show was not the Courtney Cox show anymore, but an ensemble cast with courtney’s caharacter at the center of it, it became good and people starte watching with a 2.3 in the 18-49 demo…

27. What i don’t understood is actually how you are no longer
    really much more smartly-liked than you might be now. You’re
    so intelligent. You realize thus considerably with regards to this matter, made me individually believe it from numerous numerous
    angles. Its like women and men don’t seem to be interested until it’s one thing to do with Girl gaga!

Your personal stuffs nice. Always take care of it up!