Supernatural Exclusive First Look: Sam and Dean Head to the Wild Wild West

Hold onto your (10-gallon) hats! Here’s an exclusive first look at Supernatural hellraisers Sam and Dean channeling their inner John Wayne for the show’s upcoming trip back to the Wild West (April 22 9/8c). And danged if they don’t look as at home in chaps as they do in bluejeans!

And lest you think the episode is all style and no substance, keep in mind that the time-tripping hour features the first face-to-face encounter between Sam and the legendary Samuel Colt.

“Sam not only gets to meet Samuel Colt, but he also sees the original Colt [revolver],” previews Jared Padalecki. “We’ve been dancing around that since season 1, so it was nice to go back and have Samuel Winchester meet Samuel Colt.”

But getting back to the style of it all, do you think the Brothers Winchester make convincing cowboys? Peruse our exclusive gallery and then shoot your mouth off in the comments section.

1. raelee514 says:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Can’t wait. :-)

2. Akemi says:

I think they do bt sam should def be wearing a vest like dean cus his jacket does nt help him look like a sexy cowboy lol.

3. Jaclyn says:

Well these boys are both from Texas! They look the part and from the spoiler clips I’ve seen, they’re acting the part too.
    Can’t wait for April 15th for a new episode.

• Amanda Tibbs says:

I think that si true. They both would fit right in there and they would also feel right at home!

• Sara says:

Well I don’t know about that. I live in Texas and we don’t exactly dress like that. lol At least not in the big city. But it is part of our history and culture though.

4. Jones19 says:

Dean looks like he’s playing dress up, what is with that vest? Sam looks pretty convincing though. Can’t wait to see Samuel Colt!

• henninggirl says:

I agree! It’s like the beginning of Back to the Future Part III, when Marty has on that ridiculous outfit!

I think his hat’s too small (or maybe it’s too big, it just looks bizaare).

5. Tanna says:

Hee! I love it. Dean was totally meant to be a cowboy. And Jensen Ackles was born to wear a cowboy hat!

• Courtney says:

I don’t think that’s it. It’s the navy blue of his button down with the white pipeing is clashing with the light brown of the leather vest. Now if he were wareing a white shirt like Sam, it would look just fine.

• amber says:

i agree

• bubs says:

What, no one’s allowed to think Dean looks good without someone else chiming in to say Sam looks better? FWIW, I completely disagree.

• Coney says:

That’s ridiculous, imo. Blue and brown DO go together. It’s a very old fashioned idea to believe that blue and brown don’t. Sort of like believing you can’t wear white after Labor Day. White(the piping) goes with both blue and brown, so nothing clashes. But you go ahead and look for excuses. Meanwhile I’ll enjoy the view. :D

Besides which I’m pretty sure the shirt is black and black and “muddy brown”(because that is not “light brown”) do go together as well.

6. Vicki says:

Can I die now or should I wait til after the episode? I’ve already had a ‘thing’ about men in cowboy clothes. Seeing Dean and Sam in those is probably more than I can stand.

Vicki’s day of Death – Apr 22nd.

• tamberly says:

I agree with you Viki…I already of a ‘thing’about men in cowboy clothes too. These two bring their own style and flavor and I am ‘fangirl’ excited to see this ep. I love westerns, especially the modern made ones, more authentic looking.Dean/Jensen is such alittle boy about playing a cowboy and it shows. I’m interested to see what made the Colt so ‘special’.

7. Geordiegirl1967 says:

This looks fantastic. Cannot wait for this episode. When will this cursed hiatus be over?

8. rabid fangirl says:

*Thud.*

9. paganbabe says:

I think they look hot if they have them actually riding horses it may give me a heart attack.

10. beth wilson says:

Can’t wait for this one. Sam looks like he stepped out of an old Western like Rawhide or Bonanza. Dean’s outfit looks a little costume-y, but they are both adorable.

11. Alana says:

Awesome! Can’t wait!

12. O says:

Jared looks really HOT, but that vest on Jensen is so NOT!
    Still really excited about this episode!

13. Amy says:

Some are saying Dean’s vest looks out of place, but actually it’s Sam in his tan jacket that has a ZIPPER that is out of place. Dean’s outfit is more time period appropriate. But clothing issues aside, I’m looking forward to seeing both boys in action!

• Sara says:

Sam’s jacket doesn’t have a zipper, it buttons up. If it does have a zipper it’s not visible.

Jared looks great!!! I can’t wait!

• Vicki says:

Since I’m pretty sure Sam has a cell phone in that one shot … yeah. Not complaining about the zipper anachronism (if there is one).

• Courtney says:

Agreed. It white piping on Dean’s shirt is kinda throwing me a bit but other then that it is very well put togeather. And as for the zipper, I assume they dropped in with their 21st century clothes so whatever.

• Lori Lynn says:

Im from Texas and so proud that they are! Who cares what they are wearing the show is as HOT as THEY ARE and I cant wait for the new episodes to get going. The wait is killing me!!!

14. arrowK says:

Jared padalecki is the hottest guy on that show, he look very convincing as a cowboy here, and looks good anything.
    Dean fangirls, can’t handle that!!

15. Cass says:

Cowboy!Sam is just…damn. I really wish that they dressed cowboy!Dean like that instead of the cheesy vest/bad shirt combo thing that he’s got going on.

(my opinion is really sad because I’ve always been more of a Jensen/Dean fan but whoa Sam is kinda amazing in these pics)

16. stacey says:

I was at the breakfast in San Fran when Jensen told us about this episode, he was stoked about it and he had just read the script. Seeing what I’ve seen of this, pics and clips, I can tell you that I’m totally EXCITED to see this episode too. April 22, is going to be AWESOME!

17. charlotte says:

These photos are from the start of the episode – just wait until Dean changes into his authentic western clothing *biggrin* with a certain accessory.

18. Elle says:

Jensen looks like he is in heaven in this episode! I can’t wait to see him in that duster, that one picture was not enough! Talk about HOT, that was sizzling!

19. Lauren says:

They are hot they look like very convincing thou the vest and jacket don’t do any good

20. Allison says:

Jensen looks very, very fine. Jared’s look is too contemporary, IMO. Mostly I wanna see the duster that was specifically made for Jensen/Dean for this episode. Looking forward to this ep.

21. Jodes says:

Not convincing because they are wearing jeans. There were no jeans back then. They’re going to get into trouble somehow for wearing things that were not invented yet. Kinda like Marty McFly when he went back in time to the wild west and was wearing that awful outfit.

If they were supposed to be modern cowboys, they might be convincing but only if they were supposed to be dressed up. Cowboys are never that clean or neat on an ordinary day. Or at least my cousins, who are cowboys/ranchers, aren’t dressed that neat unless it’s Sunday or a special occasion.

Now to all the haters – they do look hot and I love Supernatural! I’m not hating on the boys, just saying they don’t look like they belong in the Wild West.

• Beth says:

Jeans were invented in 1873, so depending on how far back in time they go they could be wearing jeans and fit in just fine!

• cindys842 says:

Castiel sends them back to 1861. They are trying to find a formula to kill Fate before she kills them. Jensen did say that the episode would be historically accurate so they buy clothes while they are in that time. Did anyone notice the watch in the pile of gold at Bobby’s house? It looked like it was too modern as well as that automatic. The Winchesters can’t use anything too modern to trade or sell. It would disrupt history.

22. Laurel says:

Now that’s some nice looking Cowboys !

23. Ozzie says:

This is Jensen ‘s dream to be a cowboy…he even said he saw TRUE GRIT and loved it. I don’t like Sam/Jared’s western look , but by the end of this eppie, both Sam & Dean will look more cowboyish.

24. Tracy says:

D***it Jared! You’re gonna kill me with your hotness.

This season has me converted to a total Samgirl.

25. Ozzie says:

This episode is a dream of Jensen Ackles to have. Hope that both J’s / Sam and Dean do shop around in TOWN for better cowboy gear…and bring a souvenir back for Bobby…besides Samuel’s colt.

26. LT says:

I think Sam looks sexy in anything he wears.. I cant wait for this to air.. YEE HAW

27. Sherry says:

I don’t like Sam western look his hat is to small he looks like he’s playing dress up. Dean on the other hand look like he’s was born to be a cowboy. Jensen looks very, very fine (as always) he looks very convincing as a cowboy here, and looks good in anything. He’s the only reason I’m even interested in watching western episode.

28. Sharon says:

Well they are both from Texas, so it’s fitting :) Love the show and look forward each week to watching it, even the reruns. Really loved “The French Mistake,” it was one of the best!!!

29. kimberly white says:

it does matter what they wear they are both HOT!!!!!!! can’t wait so see the show .

30. harry says:

wasnt jesse james a hunter?????LOL!!!!! love this show!!!!!!!

31. Nemamka says:

omgomgomg *-* this is already my fav :DD I just love cowboys and the Winchesters as cowboys are a big dream of mine *-*

32. Amanda says:

Love my Texas boys. :) Even if they have been in the big city a while…

33. Hehehe… they look great, as always.
    Howdy mam’… as long as they have a gun up close, they’ll look good!!

Supernatural RULES!!!!

34. PJ says:

I think they both look great!! I think that the episode looks like it is putting some light fun into a dark show. Don’t get me wrong I love the darkness, but some fun once in a while is great!!!

35. mary ann says:

Can’t wait for the 22nd Sammy & Dean are Awsome love this show
    ride em cowboys HA HA.

36. Lucia says:

HELL YEAH!!!!! :)

37. alison hobbs says:

omg i cant wait they look so sexy in a cowboys outfir love ya

38. Destenny Eddleman says:

They were born and rasied in texas, they are born cowboys. they look good and i cant wait to see them in action the 15th when the show returns

39. VALENTA says:

I think that the costume designer has no eye for detail. They should look more weathered and dirty. They look like they just walked out of JC Penny catalog. It looks like Dean stole his shirt from Howdy Doody. FIRE YOUR COSTUME DESIGNER.

• charlotte says:

Dean gets an authentic costume!!!! Watch the promo – these are the outfits put together by the brothers and are meant to look funny.

40. Alice says:

SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!! I can’t wait for this ep!!!

41. Jennifer says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE these guys! I don’t think they could have picked 2 better people to play these parts. And I am glad that Jared married Genevieve because when you seen them on screen together it was obvious that there was chemistry between the two!

• Dina says:

Oh crap. Is Jared’s wife in this episode too? I gonna have to skip it I just can’t take more of that mess.

• DT says:

No, Gen’s not going to be this episode. Jennifer was just saying she’s happy that Jared and Gen got married.

Seriously, some fans announce they’re going to boycott episodes for the silliest reasons. Most if not all fans have been virtually dying to see this episode, but you’re going to miss it if “Jared’s wife” is in it, based on a stray remark. *Shakes head*

• Julia says:

I never saw chemistry in between them onscreen and after I saw them offscreen the dude has the sex appeal of a 5 year old for me. It must be all that petting

• Alana says:

“when you seen them on screen together it was obvious that there was chemistry between the two!”

LOL, I totally disagree with this. I didn’t see any chemistry; during season 4 nor in this season one.

Genevieve is an awful actress. To married Jared doesn’t change that.

• gina says:

Jared is way too hot for his 2 feet tall manly looking wife. At least Jensen married someone pretty. And didn’t stink up the show with her bad acting like Gen.

42. AerithQOC says:

I wish Sam got to wear a full cowboy getup like Dean, but that shot of Sam standing in front of the doorway tipping his hat is so damn awesome! *_*

43. Laurie LiPuma says:

“SAVE A HORSE! RIDE A COWBOY!” It’s easy to tell that both of the Boys are stoked about the whole Wild West thing & they are BOTH too fine for words!

44. Gideon says:

Dean n sam looking Good with that wild wild west style

45. Randi says:

Jensen looks great(whats new there?) But Jared’s hat needs to be a little larger and maybe a little lighter. He totally looks great, but could be better.

46. Loana Lana Antunes says:

ohhhh my god,,beautiful,Adoro vcs!!!!

47. Christine Stewart says:

Cowboy butts drive me nuts. Love the look

48. Eli says:

Wooowww, it’s much time, april 22? well, i want see Winchester again :)

49. Alaura says:

Hehe jensen looks like woody off toy story, As for JARED he looks Effing AMAZING!!!!! :) <3

50. Beverly says:

Love,love,love both of them! This bro Duo!u guy’s are Wicked!!! can’t wait to see them for another New Series… all da way baby…