Smallville Hot Shots: Clark's Very Super Phone-Booth Change!

Smallville‘s Clark Kent will take another step toward his iconic destiny — and all the trappings that come with it! — when he uses a telephone booth to make a super-quick change into his crimefighting alter ego.

CK’s first-ever phone-booth switcheroo from this increasingly mild-mannered reporter into he who is (for the time being) known as The Blur, comes in the CW series’ April 22 episode, which is titled “Booster.” The Tom Welling-directed outing includes Smallville‘s introduction of Booster Gold and Blue Beetle, but also features Lois prompting Clark to dial down and geek up his workplace persona a bit more, so as to distance himself even further from The Blur.

Here are three photos chronicling the forthcoming, and sure-to-delight, phone booth moment:

How he found a standing phone booth with a phone that’s not ripped out, I do not know.

Smallville is airing the series pilot this Friday at 8/7c, then resuming its final season on April 15. The complete “Booster” episode summary reads as follows:

After everything that happened with the VRA, Lois tells Clark it’s best to make “Clark Kent” forgettable and awkward so people don’t suspect he’s The Blur. However, the two are stunned when a fame-hungry superhero from the future, Booster Gold (guest star Eric Martsolf, Days of Our Lives), sweeps into town and begins making saves and posing for press ops, completely winning over the city of Metropolis. Booster begins his campaign to take The Blur’s place as the “World’s Greatest Superhero” and tries to charm Lois into writing a story about him, but she’s not having his antics and begins her own campaign for The Blur. During one of Booster’s saves, an alien weapon in the form of a scarab falls from a truck and fuses itself to a boy named Jaime Reyes (Jaden Brandt Bartlett), turning him into the Blue Beetle. Unfortunately, Jaime is unable to control the suit and Blue Beetle starts attacking Metropolis.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Grant says:

Holy crap man that’s awesome. I’m having a fanboygasm right now, Welling rocks the glasses and the phonebooth for the iconic win!

2. Kelly says:

I absolutely cannot wait for Booster! Tom Welling is utterly perfect as Clark/Superman!

3. Tiva4Life says:

Don’t really care for Kent now I want Booster!!!!

4. WendySue says:

Just pure yummy Clark Kent..I can’t wait for Booster…

5. Jason says:

Really diggin’ the 3 piece suit and glasses. Tom Welling looks awesome, he’s Superman. Clark + glasses + phonebooth = Awesome sauce.

6. Mena says:

Iconic! These pictures totally make me smile!

7. Melanie says:

What a GQMF!

8. Michael Sacal says:

This is not the first time Clark uses a phone booth to change into his alter ego. The first time he did it was in Turbulance from season 8, and then in Echo in season 9.

This looks “ok”. I’m not a fan of Clark is a mentally-challenged mask.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

I invite you to reread my precise wording – first time he’s used a phone booth to change from this bespectacled Clark into the non-Red/Blue Blur. My momma didn’t raise many stupid kids.

9. Markus says:

Damn Clark he creates lofty expectations for us lads; my girlfriend is drooling away and I’m the poor bloke sulking in the background. Stop the insanity, maybe I should put on some glasses. But no seriously the iconic images of Superman are frying my brain cells, I cant wait to see this episode.

10. javier says:

11. mgb says:

Tom Welling is the best Clark Kent ever. Thanks for the pics! I got a good laugh out of the great comments, too. I appreciate and concur with all the Welling love.

12. John Ruggeri says:

I think it is great to see more iconic superman moments like changing in a phone both but it seems like we live in a day an age where the phone booth is already obsolete and is on its way to extinction.

• Roberto says:

True, but the phone booth is such key part of the Superman mythos I dunno I just fanboy whenever I see it. Really enjoyed how they incorporated the phone booth to be part of Clark and Lois’ lives… I guess I personally just hold on to old traditions and I’m glad that Smallville is kind of paying their own homage to the Superman legacy with Mister Welling who’s one of my favorite Clark Kent’s. These pics made my day!

13. Elle says:

Tom Welling is so insanely sexy in the glasses that it’s actually frightening. He’s already the most beautiful man on the planet but it’s like they gave him glasses and he got…hotter? Isn’t it supposed to be the other way around?? How is this not just a 24/7 kinky sex show with him and Lois?

14. Carrie says:

Nice. Even in nerdy glasses, he’s a babe.

• Elle says:

It almost seems like putting on the glasses is counterproductive if he’s trying to “blend in” more at the Daily Planet. He was already blindingly handsome before. Now, he’s blindingly handsome and looks like he’s playing up some kind of sexy, bookish fetish. How is this stunningly beautiful man ever going to fade into the background? Lois is going to have to talk and be loud overtime in order to detract attention.

15. Nicole says:

Oh My God … I am for real dying!!!

16. WOW says:

Shaking and Crying right now!

17. jane says:

Oh this man
    this man
    this man
    he does something FIERCE to me

• Mary says:

Smallville has been on the air for 10 years. I can honestly say that I have been seriously turned on by Tom Welling for a decade. I truly don’t think I can say that about any other actor or character on television. I’ve literally been aroused by Tom Welling for 10 years. Now, they’ve added the glasses which has taken it to a whole new level of sexy.

18. Wes says:

This is what I’m talking about, this is wicked. I enjoyed Homecoming so much now I can’t wait to see Clark in action with his spiffy suit and those golden age glasses of his. BRING IT ON!!

19. D says:

i think they’re airing the pilot at 8, the regular time, not 9. that suit looks sleek. this is the way to do superhero costume nowadays, why didn’t the wonder woman crew get it is baffling.

20. David says:

When Smallville does it right they do it is fabulously. Tom Welling reminds me of George Reeves Clark who I admired and was a huge fan of. It’s really great to see the transition of Clark and Lois on Smallville its truly been a blast. But seeing Clark, in his trenchcoat with his glasses superspeeding into a phonebooth just makes my day. Kudos!

21. TomIsSoHot says:

Just when I thought Welling couldn’t get any hotter! Wow, just wow…

22. Grace says:

Is this man for real. *having hot flashes*

23. Laura says:

For the love of god, please have mercy. Guh he’s so WOW.

24. Jasmin says:

mmmm what a sexy hunk, he looks like a sexy professor I have to see after class because I was being so notty… tisk tisk hey there stud muffin, how you doin?

25. Karen says:

And my OVARIES explode.

26. Lois Lane says:

I want the REAL super suit!!!!!

27. Joker says:

AWESOMENESS. I effing love this show. SMALLVILLE IS THE BEST SHOW EVER! Tom Welling is the best CLARK KENT ever!

28. Joker says:

Smallville rocks!

29. Roberto says:

Is this for real? Clark/glasses/changing in a phone booth, I must be dreaming. April 22nd can’t come fast enough!

30. Rachel says:

Where are my ovaries?.. Oh yeah, they just exploded, bye ovaries.

31. CJ says:

Woooooo, can’t wait to see this!!!! :D
    and FYI, its not airing at 9/8c
    ITS AIRING AT 8/7c!!!!!!

32. ale says:

OMG!!! How can someone look so sexy?
    Iconic Clark Kent FTW!

33. Robert says:

34. Rewa says:

Ohhhh i wish Smallville had him FLY more & had more seasons w/ Lois, Erica Durance & Tom Welling’s on screen chemistry are so comical. The booth, funny, are there any left?!? besides in London. Cell phones are the booths of the 20thC. I’m going to miss watching Smallville, just when it was getting more interesting, adding more superheroes. Besides the flying, the screenwriters & CW should of added other JLA heroes. Oh well, God Bless to the whole crew of Smallville, thks 4 the 10yrs of entertainment.

35. Linda says:

Man, I am so conflicted…. I can’t wait to see the finale , yet I don’t want this show to ever end!!

36. Kelly says:

So excited. Tom Welling and Erica Durance are my favorite Clark and Lois. They are both so good. I’m sad to have them not in the roles anymore. I’m going to miss them.

37. Joe P says:

Geez, the first time he flies he’s possessed and can’t do it again, and now the first time he changes in a phone booth it’s not into his Superman outfit. Christ, can this show get nothing right?

38. Some Young Guy says:

Who the hell is Booster Gold and the Blue Beetle. I used to be pretty into comics and never once heard of these two. Same as their little Justice group, never heard of any of those either. How bout pick some good comic book characters to bring in maybe.

• mike deets says:

books: Justice League: Generation Lost
      JLU:The Greatest Story Never Told

Batman : Brave and the Bold episodes about Blue Beetle and Booster Gold

Darkseid Descending!

Menace of the Conqueror Caveman!

Menace of the Madniks!

The Rise of the Blue Beetle!

Fall of the Blue Beetle!

39. Michelle says:

Am I the only one wondering if that’s Clark and Lois’s phone booth? If you can get past the blinding hotness of Tom Welling, that is. :D