Exclusive

House Exclusive First Look: Thirteen's Big Prison Mystery Solved?

It’s common knowledge that Olivia Wilde brings Thirteen back to House on April 11 after a six-month stint in the pokey.

But what isn’t widely known is the reason Dr. Crankydoodle’s ailing underling was sent to jail in the first place. She did the time, but for what crime?

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Thirteen’s House Return, Grey’s and More

A major clue can be found in the following clip from the show’s milestone 150th episode (next Monday 8/9c).

Amber Tamblyn: Before Leaving House, Masters Will Have a ‘Juicy’ Encounter with Thirteen

So, based on that, what do you think Thirteen really did to warrant a trip to the slammer? Hit the comments with your theories!

1. Ash says:

Bring it on!!! I love 13

• Gaw9ball says:

Assisted suicide “over prescribing to help promote a suicide”

• Erin says:

I agree, I think they’re going to try and tie a pretty little bow on Kutner’s suicide.

• Angelina says:

Why wouldn’t Kutner prescribe his own meds.

• Stacy says:

If memory serves… Kutner shot himself. Although… my memory is spotty :)

• Jennie says:

Yeah, he shot himself..Sad too because he was my favorite character (Other then House of course!)

• Remy says:

He did shoot himself, but you dont think he might want some pain meds, to get him into a drugged state. It would make things a little easier. And even if it’s not about Kutner’s suicide, it might’ve been her own. With the Huntington’s and the depressed way she looks in the rest of the previews it might’ve been for her own. But her depression could also be out of guilt soooo…..

• Pete says:

He over prescribed himself with bullets?

• Worn out says:

Woah step back from the ledge!! While I totally understand that the thought of a whole hour devoted to 13 without the saving graces of Cuddy or Wilson could drive anyone to take such drastic action it’s so not worth it. Just change the channel instead. That way you get to live and hey 13 won’t be around forever. She’s got movies to make!

• L Donna says:

She was put in jail charged with assisted suicide of the wealthy woman.

• Marie says:

I think she may have been prescribing drugs to help others who have the same disease as she.

• Teri says:

Your comment makes the most sense to me than the others I’ve read. She did particiapte in a anti-Huntington’s experimental drug program last year or so. Maybe that will contribute to the mystery??

2. Ronnie says:

I gotta say that I missed the mayor clue :S

3. MoxieSue says:

Ronnie — the clue was that she plead down to “excessive prescribing”. House wonders what she actually did, if that is what she plea-bargained down to.

4. Jess says:

Ooo I bet she was writing her friend extra Rx’s for her Parkinsons

5. Alyson says:

Who cares? Bring back Cameron!

• Sally says:

I gotta admit, I do care although Thirteen was never my favorite character. Sort of like her now :-) But I agree, I’d love to see Cameron again, I miss her a lot!!!

• Tom says:

I miss her too !

• Mo says:

Ugh, no. The actress is off playing a disagreeable, overreacting blond on another show, now. We don’t need her back on House doing the same.

• meetoo says:

Cameron could take a long walk off a short plank in my opinion. I can do without hearing her whine-on.

• Angelina Glomb says:

I agree – I got so tired of her. I like 13 and I like Amber both so much better. AND they better keep Chase forever.

• Kimberley Halley says:

Hell yeah 13 and Amber, we’ve got more to figure out about here.. why’s she leaving so soon..

• Pedro says:

Ugh no please, Cameron was the worst character. I´d take 13 any day over her.

• jessica says:

As a house fan from the first episode, I got luv for Cameron, but since she was replaced by 13, its much more interesting. Besides u can only watch her get rejected by house so much!

• ZA12 says:

yes Cameron was one of the most interesting characters !!

• Ronnie says:

I totally agree with you Alyson! I don’t care about 13, if it were for me she would have never returned! I want Cameron to be back! And to be back with Chase! I would hate seeing 13 and Chase getting together ¬¬

• Wanda says:

I love to ser Camerón and Chase baca rogarías. I Sony ser him as the Playboy fuetee trying to sell us now. They seré a beautiful couple.

• maria says:

exactly :D

• Karen says:

I too miss Cameron. She is a much better actress than 13.Prettier too.

• MrFabulous46 says:

Are you crazy? Cameron prettier than 13? Cameron’s pretty, but 13 has beauty that comes along very rarely in TV/Film. Doesn’t matter if she can act, she just needs to show up for work. Kind of like Megan Fox, but with a brain attached.

• Courtney D says:

I miss cameron, she was awesome :(

• Audrey says:

13 and Chase won’t get together though. It’d be dumb. I didn’t really like Cameron that much. She was okay though. I think that it would cause even more unnecessary drama, like the “Huddy” thing.

• Wile She Goat says:

Towards the end of the series, I’d like to see Cameron and House get together. Seriously. Cameron adored House, and House respected Cameron’s knowledge, plus Cameron easily put up with this bs. Some of her comebacks to House’s snide asides are priceless.

6. John says:

So what happens to the Amber Tamblyn character? The writers finally gave her more than one dimension. I enjoyed her reunion with her old Joan Of Arcadia boyfriend last week, and her attitude towards the rodeo guy

7. Melanie says:

She doesn’t have parkinsons she has Huntington’s.

8. critter42 says:

I would say that *selling* non-FDA approved drugs would be a step up from excessive prescribing

9. TR says:

who cares??

• LOL says:

OMFG TIM ROTH IS THAT YOU

• BeansOnToast says:

Sure seems like it could be a ran dom Roth comment! ;) oi TR! Tweets? You’d have a giggle w/the #whereintheworldistimroth stuffis. ;)
        Em, right so, back to our regularly scheduled posts all.
        Huggage!

10. Calypso says:

I would say maybe assisted suicide? (Due to overdose)

• Tom says:

I think you hit it on the head, excessive prescription of morphine.

• Rowan says:

I hadn’t thought about that. If it is, I’m betting it’s the Lori Petty character who’s Huntingtons was getting advanced a couple of seasons ago. She probably wanted to die before it got too painful to take and Thirteen helped her out.

• Alicia says:

Hope you’re right. When news of her being incarcerated first broke I was thinking it better be involuntary manslaughter/negligent homicide, otherwise the story is just weak; and since she plead to a lesser charge it could be one of those things.

• b says:

I think this is both the most probable guess – although, if it happened at PPTH wouldn’t Cuddy (and most likely House) have heard about it?

Or did Cuddy claim to know where 13 was all along? I can’t remember anymore.

• PHYLLIS says:

I also was thinking assisted suicide.we shall see.

11. tahina45 says:

Welcome back 13! Cameron is not coming back given JM interview she practically confessed of being sorry how she was dismissed from the show. And some guys still want her to come back! She has more pride that some of you people!

12. Moon says:

If it was selling non fda drugs, she’d loose her license.

13. marie says:

Yeah , who cares , I am dreading woodentop returning ,……for what some people class as pretty hot.(I dont find her pretty or hot) we have to lose very good actors like jennifer morrison and Amber Tamblyn, give me the good actors anytime, Anne Dudek was fantastic too BTW , but I also think Jennifer and Amber or prettier than Olivia Wilde anyway , I always thought Olivia Wilde to be a bit Neanderthal looking , square jaw, and high forehead, just my opinion !!, not looking forward to her return at all . x

14. kellym says:

i’d say she prescribed enough drugs for someone with huntingtons to kill themselves.

15. BrianR says:

She could be stocking up on meds so once the Huntington’s hits her she can self terminate.

16. Melissa says:

She helped her brother who also has Huntingtons kill himself.

17. JT says:

She stole a candy from a store.

18. Alicia says:

Don’t you mean A YEAR spent in the pokey, Ausiello?
    Sure the rest of us in reality know it’s been six months, but House’s crack team of writers said it was a year–and they know what they’re doing!

19. SnazzyO says:

I’m going for assisted suicide for somebody w/ Huntington’s. She supplied the drugs (too many) and they od’d (probably w/ her help but difficult to prove).

20. Karen says:

WHY ARE YOU DELETING ALL THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS?

21. Jack says:

Tell me about the 151st episode, because I’m skipping this one.

22. mel35 says:

I posted 3 comments, 1 positive, and 2 negatives, and the negatives one were deleted.

Comments were ALL respectful.

STOP ASKING TO POST AT YOUR SITE IF YOU DELETE PEOPLE COMMENTS!!!!!!

13: I DON’T CARE ABOUT HER, GIVE ME HUDDY BACK!

• Eli says:

god you’re annoying with your huddy
      Go criticize on IWFC !
      you have really a bad reputation everywhere !

• Ari says:

Yes, the idiots of thatlj are spamming and trolling everywhere, they’re crazy.

• Tozi says:

pathetic huddy fangirl !

• Percentageofapercentage says:

Yes, why can’t there be more sane rational people like you .

The upset about House/Cuddy is very widespread amongst several comms and communities. It isn’t just about one group spamming hate.

Check out B Barnett’s blogcritics site.There are many long term devoted fans, with long term posting histories that you can track back through old posts, who are very unhappy with the show and are walking away.

Now you have sites like Tv Line deleting comments about House/Cuddy? Yeah, right
          the unrest in the fandom is totally insignificant.

• DD says:

@Percentageofapercentage : BRAVO . Why are they so worried by our insignifiant percentage ???

And I know some people who don’t ship any couple and who are totally disappointed by this season . TPTB totally jerked around their loyal fans and it’s not OW who’s gonna change that .

• Lor says:

Please, BB is a huddy, her reviews are huddy fanfics, no wonder that place is full of huddys fangirls. Also all the smart fans don’t spent their days writing about a silly romance, this is a huddys prerogative!
            And if you read, you’ll see here both positive and negative comments.
            Don’t make a fool of yourself screaming “they’re deleting negative posts” when you can read them!

• Cami says:

see that’s why everybody hate the huddy fandom. I like Huddy but also I like 13. comments like “I DON’T CARE ABOUT HER” are stupid.

• @ cami says:

The Huddies at IWFC are boorish, rude and childish. Most of the Huddies disapprove of their antics. They certainly don’t represent the majority of Huddies. I agree about liking 13 and being glad she’s back. It is possible to like Huddy AND 13. :/

• Natalie says:

IWFC Huddies yell and throw tantrums everywhere, vote against the show, act entitled and hurl insults on their journal and on twitter at the people from the show. It’s like having your boyfriend over and your embarrassing aunt Mildred comes by who has no manners and makes you look bad. Sure she’s family, but that doesn’t mean you think the same or are the same or want them to represent you.

• Ari says:

Lmao, you’re that huddy tard from iwfc, the one who delete all the posts she doesn’t like! Go back to your hole whining and bitching over your beloved huddy crap!

• Lor says:

What are you talking about? Are you playing the victim here? I CAN SEE NEGATIVE COMMENTS SO YOU’RE TELLING LIES!
      Huddys are morons!

• huddycat says:

I care about 13, I like her character, but I agree with you, I want Huddy back! Maybe can 13 help House to get his love back?

• huddycat says:

But I hope and I think that the 13’s return is a good thing for the show, this character has oft an interesting point of view, maybe because of her disease, and she challenges House without any hesitation, that can be a great ep

• RLD says:

I so agree. Thirteen was good at challenging House while the rest have turned into ‘yes sir’ idiots. I am also glad the relationship with Cuddy is over for a while. Things were going along to easy for them. House is an addict. Addiction is a fight to the end, not a fight until you find a partner. Thirteen and House have a lot in common and know how to push each other.

23. JT says:

She was a prison guard during 6 months, it’s less depressing than working with House.

24. GreImo says:

Wow 13 looks really down I can’t wait to watch this episode.

25. Raven says:

Oh God!
    You’re annoying with your Thirteen…she sooooooo boring…

• TV says:

@Raven : totally agree ! the episode 150 will turn about her, who cares ? bring us back the real show TPTB, please, you already did too much damages this season .

I hope that my post won’t be deleted since it’s not in favor of 13’s return but I’m just honest .

26. Pepper says:

What really bores me is that these people never learn anything. They’ve been working with House for years, he’ll find everything out sooner or later so it would be much easier if everyone would just tell. This whole let’s-psychoanalyse-each-other is getting a bit cringeworthy.

27. Angry says:

Why Thirteen will come back? She so not interesting, boring and annoying…
    O! I know! Olivia Wilde and ratings. Go Shore!
    Stupid show.

28. JT says:

There’s a lack of female characters in this show, so I’m happy she’s back.

29. Fedra says:

After the crappy way the ended the House/Cuddy relationship i don´t feel invested in this show anymore. I´ll probably watch this episode because i love Olivia Wilde but after that i´m not interested in keep watching House with his bunch of hookers, included his hooker wife.

30. david says:

13 I do not want to return please Cameron was the most beautiful

31. John says:

First three seasons were the best and Cameron had much to do,was fired and never return deserves much better than House,with her audience was twice

32. Bella says:

Ugh to Thirteen. A more boring and vacuous character has yet to be seen on this show. I wish they’d kept Amber Tamblyn instead. She was fun instead. And likeable.

33. maskobee says:

keep quite..
    stop asking…

34. Emilie says:

Mercy killing. My guess, prescribing folks with Parkinson’s enough to commit suicide on. Just a thought.

35. Eileen says:

Here’s my question…you go to jail for excessive perscribing and then get your job back as a doctor? What the hell kind of world is this that we live in? LMAO!!!

36. danielle says:

I LOVE HOUSE I WATH EVETY SINGLE STORY HOUSE IS MY FAVOR CHARTER OF ALL

37. huddy1295 says:

Well, it would be far more interesting, of course, if she had something to do with Kutner’s death. But I agree that Thirteen probably helped another Huntington’s patient end his or her life.

38. bmw says:

Don’t like Cameron – good riddance. Glad 13 is back!

39. Ashley says:

I think she was giving Kutner anti-psychotics and other assorted things, to the point where he committed suicide. I will remain convinced that it has something to do with Kal Penn’s character until proven wrong.

Give us more clips!!!

• huddy1295 says:

I’m hoping it’s Kutner.

• Anonymous says:

Where were the investigations leading up to this conclusion? The other doctors would have had to be interviewed, and it wouldn’t be very believable for the writers to say now that, “Oh yeah, it happened, you just didn’t see it.” His death is as tied up as it needs to be. Not everything in life will loop back around to wrap up old loose ends, and it would be forced and way too fake for them to try to wrap up Kutner’s death with such an unnatural explanation, just to satisfy the viewers who are still obsessed with it.

40. Dianne says:

No she was writing extra Rx’s of vicodin for herself but they wasn’t for her they was for House.

41. jazman says:

im sorry but i missed a lot of episodes of house can someone tell me who is 13? ive seen her but never really saw exactly wat happened…

42. Krow V says:

She was too hot to run around in public so they had to lock her up
    It’s common sense

43. Tom says:

Detective Tritter probably is the one who busted her for the perscribing extra meds after he tried to get House on the same thing.

44. Linda says:

Anyone think that maybe she was in jail for writing RX’s for House and took the fall for him because she is in love with him? Just a thought!

• tahina45 says:

Could be drug related or Rx-but not mercy killing or House related, me thinks. But I think there is more drama to it.

45. kara isabel says:

I love 13, she is my favorite

46. Angela says:

Bring back Cameron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really miss her!!!!!!!

47. Pierre says:

She was in prison for a overdose prescription. With a little cystic bile for the patient, as usual…

48. bigmamab says:

She an agent

49. Leisa says:

My guess is Assisted Suicide..

50. OH says:

13 is the best character on house and anyone who thinks cameron is better looking needs their eyes checked cause those bitcchhhes be suffering from some serious glaucoma