Exclusive

Grey's Anatomy Exclusive: Rachael Taylor Poised to Return Post-Charlie's Angels

Don’t go reading Dr. Lucy her last rites just yet.

Despite being cast in ABC’s Charlie’s Angels pilot, Rachael Taylor’s Grey’s Anatomy stint is far from over. According to series creator Shonda Rhimes, the Transformers knockout will return to Seattle Grace — and Alex’s loving arms? — after production on the high-profile pilot wraps.

Matt’s Inside Line: Is Scott Foley Leaving Grey’s?

“We only really lose her for two episodes,” says Rhimes. “She’s contractually obligated to us for the rest of the season, so she’s coming back when she’s done [with Angels], for our last two episodes.”

Next season, however, is another question. Rhimes fully expects ABC to give the Angels reboot a green light for fall, thus rendering Taylor unavailable for a Grey’s comeback. “I would love to keep Rachael Taylor forever,” she confesses. “She is delightful [and] so talented. But have you seen the Charlie’s Angels pictures? Those three gorgeous women strutting across the world in those white dresses? I can’t really imagine that that show isn’t going to get picked up.”

Spoiler Alert: Is Grey’s Throwing a Double Wedding?

Besides, as Rhimes points out, “We have 13, 14 series regulars on Grey’s already.”

Thoughts? Would you like to see Taylor back on Grey’s in the fall — Angels or no Angels? Hit the comments!

1. Pandora-Spain says:

I love crying with the show but i miss a lot laughing to die with the original characters.I don’t understand what April, Stark do in the show. Owen seemed to be a good add,but only for 5 episodes,the same for Jackson,I thought it would be great the episode he shared with meredith the handicap of been surgeon’s gods heirs. And I’m fed up of Mark-Callie-Arizona triangle.It was over for me the day Robbins decided to go to Africa, and now it’s sooo boring. I need more Mer-Chris interaction,and more Alex,more McDreamy and if possibly Addison back. Definitely,the show I was in love and I can’t almost recognize

2. Sara says:

She needs to go. There is no replacing Addison. How about a male OB – someone to help Alex become a great doctor.

3. Ali says:

I’m in the minority here as I am starting to like the April character and could see her with Alex. He could teach her about life with his street smarts etc. and she would mature and grow and I think they could work. I’m totally creeped out whenever she talks that older guy, Stark?

But I agree with most of the posters above in that I’m getting very tired of Jackson and Teddy. They need to hit the road.

4. Den says:

How about getting rid of Cristina and making full use of Avery?

5. erin says:

To everyone that loves her, don’t fret. Charlie’s Angels will be axed after a few episodes and she’ll be back on Grey’s before you know it.

6. Cynthia says:

Owen needs to go because Christina would have NEVER picked a guy as screwed up as he is. She is disciplined and her man would be too. I disliked Owen from day one. Teddy? Really, I don’t like her either. It’s time to say bye to both of them.

7. Cynthia says:

Oh and Alex, its time that he finds his true love because a person with that much love could never be alone. He took care of his messed up family since he was a young kid, and he doesn’t deserve to be alone and a person like him would know and find true love.

8. Kelly says:

I like Alex. I think he has good chemistry with Lexie. I liked him and Arizona working together and love when Meredith/Alex/Cristina hang out or interact. I would rather see alot more of Alex then of Mark or the awful Mark/Callie/Arizona storyline.

9. mel says:

There is too many characters on this show ! I want them to focus more on merder and Cristina/Owen !

10. monique arendse says:

The ppl wanting Shonda to remove characters 4rm the show – “ur all crazy” !!!!! Grey’s wudnt b the same without any1 of them. Such a shame george had to die and izzie gone. Grey’s Anatomy is the ultimate show.jst luv luv luv it!!! Thanx Shonda

11. Zena says:

Owen is a must stay!Him and Cristina are the glue holding that show together IMHO!They have a very complex yet passionate relationship! And for a cardio “god”, Cristina needs someone as BADASS as Owen to keep her in check while loving her passionately! For me, watching him kissing her with such passion is so touching and awe inspiring! So for some to think he’s “attacking” her when he kisses her, that’s the most nonsensical comment I’ve heard so far!

12. Gead says:

I think Shonda should write out Teddy, Stark (he’ll be leaving eventually), Jackson and eventually Lucy. They’re just using up screentime which should be given to other characters who need it more.
    Everyone else should stay… including Owen and April. Owen is my favourite male character in the show (because he’s a badass, sweet, smart, romantic, attentive, caring, loving, awesome and hot husband) and April is kinda cute and funny :)
    And NO, Burke should NOT be brought back. We should not look back and move forward ;) Besides, Owen/Cristina are so much better imo. (no offense to any Burke/Cristina fans)

13. Nicole says:

Alex needs to smile and be happy and she’s perfect for him, i love them togheter! I hope she returns back in season 8!

14. Jake says:

Whether or not Charlie’s Angels is absolutely awesome, it’s still going to fail, I give it a season or possibly 2 at most. Any time an orginial, brilliant piece of programming comes on that isn’t a medical show or a cop drama, it gets the axe almost immediately because the ABC is too impatient for a real fanbase to build up. Like Pushing Daisies, Dirty Sexy Money, Better Off Ted, the one about the astronauts…. all of those were frigging fantastic but got cut just as the plots really started to thicken and get good. Better Off Ted in particular was absolutely one of the most hilarious, laugh-a-minute programs I’d ever seen. Too bad. Not sure I’ll ever bother watching Charlie’s Angels cuz I don’t want to risk getting attached.

15. lara says:

Owen is by far my fav. character. I dont get the hating he is kind to everyone on the show.

16. Dan says:

I like her in this role, and the chemistry she has onscreen with Justin. Would be nice to see her stick around a bit.

17. victoria says:

ok april can go after she loses her v……..and i agree stark can get a plane dropped on his head lol…. but i love the calli and az thing they should stay together. i want to see mark w/ lexi already. i really want to see alex with izzy!!!!!! bring izzy back please. and jackson can please get lost off the top of a mt w/ april and stark. please give mer a baby already before she goes nuts and kills everone.but at the end of the day just more greys please i love this show!!!!!

18. simplyfla says:

SERIOUSLY… She cant leave.
    I think Karev deserves to be emotionally at peace for a bit. Poor kid. Get dumped much?? Let him stick with Dr. Lucy for a while..

19. mamabird says:

Lucy can stay if she dies her hair back to it’s original color. It bugs me so much every time she is onscreen…I keep yelling to my TV-die it back – you are so not pulling of the blond with your dark dark roots.

20. jennifer says:

I just would like to know when the next new episode is scheduled and what’s with all of the reruns this season……..a little aggravated

21. Karen says:

Alex deserves a sane love interest but Rachel Taylor as Lucy is just not interesting enough – just deadly boring and something just seems off about her. If they can’t bring back Addison for him I think even April would be a potentially more interesting choice. PLEASE no more characters until they learn to develop the ones they already have. For example, one of the best acting teams around, TV or movies, Kevin McKidd and Sandra Oh, have been relegated to 20 second scenes for the past 10 or so episodes. Cristina and Owen are something rarely seen on TV – a marriage of complex equals, who don’t play childish soap opera games with each other and have smokin chemistry – the full exploration of an exciting marriage would be both worthwhile and fun! Get rid of the dead weight (Teddy, Jackson, etc.), give Alex and Bailey and MerDer decent storylines, throw in some actual medicine and you have more than enough to fill the time.

22. lemon says:

GET RID OF OWEN!!!! He is so annoying and I thought he would get better but he hasn’t. I enjoy the show less the more he is in it. I was so upset when Christina and Owen got married. Seriously, can he die or something?
    Also Teddy can go. And that Henry guy, obviously. Is he a new Denny or something? It would be okay if Lucy left.
    Also I’ve never liked Richard but he’s pretty important.

23. Jeff in TN says:

Hey, it’s beyond our control, because whoever stays will stay & whoever goes will go . . . So, I say we all just sit back & watch (& enjoy) the show! :-)

As for those of you complaining about the entire show as a whole, well since you came here & even took the time to comment about it, then you must still be watching!! Oh, and if you are not watching, then you must really have no life & must have WAY too much free time on your hands to be commenting about a show that you don’t even watch! So just do yourself & us a favor & quit wasting both of your time & just go on & get outta here!!

24. Hmr says:

I would like for Rachel Taylor to return, but I trust Shonda will continue to write a great show. Everyone has their fav. characters, and ones they hate. Alex’s crazy Ava is now on The Good Wife

25. K-swish says:

Taylor is okay but she reminds me of the izzy character- way too much. Izzy was dizzy and annoying. Grey’s anatomy has goo, strong characters. I’d like to see Karev (not sure about the spelling) paired with someone who has more personality.

26. Mrs Fields says:

Does Alex have Bad breath or What?~He NEEDS a Love interest!~

27. solo says:

fuuuuck u all of u

28. jala says:

No no Arizona out! I love callizone really much and I think I’m not the only one.. Get out Owe and April pleasee..!
    And I hope Lucy stays. She’s perfect for Alex :D<3

29. Cecilia (Cecil.) says:

I love watching GA. Watching all these character has become the high light of my week. I love Callie and Arizona, I am worried about Christina, Owen is sooo bad for her, it is scary. Owen is a scary person. He really needs help. I think that Lexies and Mark will end up back together, Lucy and Alex, Christina and Avery, Teddy and Scott Foley. I love Arizona, she is beautiful and she is definitely hot. She is soo delightful and fun, and truly wonderful, I hope that she will be with Greyès for ever. I will definitely follow Jessica Capshaw where ever she goes I am for sure a big fan, I love you Jessica. Good job Jessica, good job Jessica. Your fan Cecil.

30. Ana Cláudia says:

Adoro esta serie
    é a melhor de todos os tempos
    por favor comentem em portugues