TVLine Items: Torchwood: Miracle Day's Tempting Teaser, and Other TV News to Know

Starz is pulling the curtain back on Torchwood: Miracle Day, the hotly anticipated fourth season of the British smash.

Miracle Day examines a world in which everyone instantly becomes immortal, and contrary to what the eerily upbeat song playing in the background of the new teaser trailer suggests, the premise is anything but “perfect.” Check out the video below (or at the Starz site here), then hit the comments with your reactions:

Loading video...

Ready for more of today’s TV news? Well…

• Malcolm McDowell (Entourage) is set to appear in Psych‘s sixth-season premiere, E! Online confirms. The veteran actor will play a “witty British diplomat” who winds up with a dead body in his ritzy Santa Barbara home

• Fox has placed an eight-episode season order for Mobbed, the Howie Mandel-hosted flash mob reality special that aired Thursday night following American Idol, says Deadline.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (18)

• Well, so much for checking that out. Apparently, Canadians are unwelcome to have a peek. Anyone know if we’ll be getting the series up here, or are we going to have to wait for a year or so for the Space Channel to air it?

Comment by sashay – April 1, 2011 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • (Second try: you’d think it would go thru, considering I’m the first to comment!)

Comment by sashayG – April 1, 2011 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY! Hearing the Torchwood theme at the end…it’s really coming back! I miss Captain Jack!

Comment by Michelle – April 1, 2011 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, it was awesome to hear those few notes of the theme. Can’t wait to watch this on Netflix!

Comment by TimeShiftingMom – April 2, 2011 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sorry to be the one to tell you this but Starz ended their relationship with Netfix. Torchwood won’t be available for 90 days after it airs.

Comment by Judy – April 3, 2011 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m giddy! Can’t wait!

Comment by tom – April 1, 2011 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • [AccessManager. Reject]: Access denied!

sigh…

Comment by Michael Sacal – April 1, 2011 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG YEA !!! I am so ready for this. First Dr. Who in a couple of weeks and then Captain Jack. Life is good!

@Michelle.. totally with you on the blip of the Torchwood theme at the end.. gave me chills !

Comment by Cari – April 1, 2011 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Was hoping for a glimpse of Jack, but yeah, the music at the end…PUMPED! Think I’ll have a Torchwood marathon this weekend, sans eps 4 & 5 of Children of Earth of course. STILL cannot go there, but VERY excited to have the Barrowman back on my TV, and at San Diego Comic Con this summer. \o/

Comment by Nina – April 1, 2011 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Was that song by John Barrowman?? It certainly sounded like him. Can’t wait to for this seasons, even though I don’t have Starz…

Comment by Allison P – April 1, 2011 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @Allison P, That was Lou Reed singing Perfect Day, not John Barrowman.

I’m Super exited about both Torchwood (4 episodes are being written by Jane Espenson who is just an amazing writer!) and Dr. Who. I didn’t think I would like the Dr. 11 and Amy as much as 10 and Rose, but I think their dynamic is lightning in a bottle. Now if they would just stop working on The Hobbit now instead of in May so Sherlock can get shot and aired sooner than the fall, that would be super.

Comment by Rowan – April 2, 2011 12:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I, too, was hoping for some actual footage. I want to see Jack again as well. Granted I can just pop in a DVD of TW or DW series 1, 3 or 4 to see him. I totally understand about not wanting to rewatch CoE episodes 4 and 5. They make me sad just thinking about it.

Comment by Sarah – April 2, 2011 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As much as I love Fringe and Doctor Who, nobody can be in any doubt that Torchwood is the best adult-themed sci-fi show of the present day because it goes where no other sci-fi show will go and if the world in Miracle Day all get to be like Captain Jack Harkness then it’s going to be, arguably, their best season yet.

And I too understand why people can’t rewatch Children Of Earth, episodes 4 and 5. They were brutally harsh episodes to sit through but definitely some of the best drama, never mind sci-fi, ever filmed. Like I said above, Torchwood goes where other sci-fi shows don’t and even if we get anything like those episodes, it’ll still be the best sci-fi on tv this year even with what Fringe have planned for their third season finale.

Torchwood for the win. Welcome back John Barrowman! Awesome.

Comment by Scott – April 2, 2011 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I practically had my fanboy moment, so glad it’s coming back to TV. And glad that I have Starz. As for COE I agree, I always have a hard time watching it. I think it could have gone a lot better. The direction they took wasn’t best. It will good to have Gwen and Jack back together.

Comment by Geff – April 2, 2011 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um, is it really a “smash”?

Comment by Miffy – April 3, 2011 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still wish I hadn’t watch last season episodes 4 & 5.
    I will not watch the new season, don’t want to be in this kind of situation again.
    And without Ianto the show has anyway lost my interest.

Comment by Rav – April 6, 2011 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post