ABC’s ratings gurus are surely singing this morning, given that the Grey’s Anatomy “music event” — with 12.7 million total viewers and a 4.8 demo rating — delivered increases of 26 and 32 percent, respectively, over the show’s week-ago outing. What’s more, Grey’s built audience over the hour and scored its most watched episode since the season premiere.
See what just a hint of promotion will get ya?
Curiously, Private Practice somehow fumbled a full third of its engorged lead-in, going on to average 7.6 million viewers and a 2.8 rating (albeit numbers on par with its last outing).
Elsewhere on Thursday:
* American Idol‘s double-elimination results show drew 22 million viewers and a 6.7, up 7 percent week-to-week.
* The Big Bang Theory returned from its March Madness hiatus to 11.7 million viewers and a 3.6 demo rating, down a tad from its last fresh eppy.
* Coming off a Community repeat, NBC’s soon-to-be-jettisoned Perfect Couples hit a series low 2.14 mil/1.0. I miss you already, Olivia Munn.
* In the 9 o’clock hour, CSI placed second with 12.5 million viewers and a 2.7 rating, down a bit on both counts. Fox’s Mobbed thingamajig held onto about half of Idol‘s numbers, with 10.8 mil/3.8.
* The non-musical Mentalist was the night’s most watched scripted series, with 13.86 million viewers, while its 2.8 rating this week edged out Private Practice.
What did you watch this Thursday?