Good Wife Scoop: Sarah Silverman's Racy Role Is Revealed!

On Tuesday night, the scribes behind CBS’ The Good Wife revealed on Twitter that actress-comedian Sarah Silverman would guest star in this season’s penultimate episode.

Well, TVLine now can reveal details about Silverman’s ripped-from-the-headlines character.

According to sources, Silverman will play Stephanie, the owner of an Ashley Madison-esque website who hires Lockhart Gardner to defend her in a civil case. The plaintiff claims that Stephanie’s Match.com-for-adulterers site caused her faithful husband to cheat on her… and in turn led to his gruesome, wrongful death.

Other guest stars on tap for The Good Wife‘s remaining Season 2 episodes include Michael J. Fox (who next week makes his third appearance as the cunning Louis Canning), Raising Hope‘s Martha Plimpton (reprising her role as attorney Patti Nyholm) and Mad Men‘s Aaron Staton (aka Ken Cosgrove), popping up during May sweeps as a “hungry, Terminator-like” attorney.

Comments (19)

• You lost me at Good Wife

Comment by Liam – March 30, 2011 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like another show that I won’t be watching anymore. How they can cast a vile unAmerican is beyond me.

Comment by Pat – March 30, 2011 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You’re hilarious.

Comment by xav – March 30, 2011 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Indeed. It’s a shame they don’t cast that patriot Karl Rove.

Comment by Alicia – March 30, 2011 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How VERY like a TRUE and PATRIOTIC American, to classify another American as “unAmerican.” Very good for you, Yankee Doodle Pat.

Comment by topoopon – March 30, 2011 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, who knew The Good Wife struck such a negative chord with some people?

Now that Friday Night Lights and Lost are done, it’s the only show that can even remotely compare to the best of Cable.

Sarah is underrated. Want to see her take a role seriously, though.

Comment by Mark – March 30, 2011 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m more excited for Martha Plimpton and Mamie Gummer returning than Sarah guesting.

Comment by xav – March 30, 2011 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reminds me of a storyline from Drop Dead Diva…except this one includes death…

Comment by bamalam – March 30, 2011 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like some interesting storylines coming up on top a their regular drama that is going on now with Kalinda sleeping with Peter that they confirmed happened this week. Such a good show.

Comment by dlferriola – March 30, 2011 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is she gonna play a racist Jew who gets exterminated by Hitler?

Comment by Dave – March 30, 2011 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You do not understand the concept of humor, do you?

Comment by Eli – March 30, 2011 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so glad Michael J. Fox and Martha Plimpton are returning. But Sarah Silverman? Meh.

Comment by susela – March 30, 2011 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i cannot STAND Sarah Silverman. Lewd, crude, socially unacceptable. But I will just have to deal with it because there is no way I will miss an episode of this outstanding drama. Thumbs up on Martha Plimpton, btw.

Comment by Texas Wave – March 30, 2011 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Apparently I’m the only one that actually likes Sarah Silverman. I saw her “Jesus is Magic” special, and I thought it was great.

Comment by Sam – March 30, 2011 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re not the only one – I think she’s awesome. Her humor isn’t for everyone, but what would be the fun if it was? I’m excited she’s going to be on one of my favorite shows! From the sounds of the storyline it doesn’t seem likely, but I bet she and Alan Cumming would be hilarious in a scene together. Although, her and Baranski should have an interesting dynamic too.

Comment by Nicole – March 30, 2011 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not a lover or hater of SS … I just hope she does right by TGW. Very excited to see Michael J. Fox (love Love LOVE his character), Martha Plimpton, and Aaron Staton (who will give me a little “Mad Men” love while I wait for MM’s return). I’m also hoping this Alicia/Peter/Kalinda triangle works as I’m afraid it could take TGW down the wrong path.

Comment by Maryb – March 30, 2011 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t forget Fred Thompson has a big role on the April 12th “Good Wife” episode.

Comment by Fads – March 30, 2011 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And Jimmy Kimmel left his wife for her? I still don’t understand that one. Fortunately for him, he finally woke up.

Comment by Bob – March 31, 2011 05:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Has anyone seen her in Rent’s movie?
    Although her character is slightly funny, she does a goods job as passing it off as not in your face but more subtle. I think she won’t do a bad job. We shall see when she appears.

Comment by Jo – April 5, 2011 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post