Exclusive

Good Wife Scoop: Sarah Silverman's Racy Role Is Revealed!

On Tuesday night, the scribes behind CBS’ The Good Wife revealed on Twitter that actress-comedian Sarah Silverman would guest star in this season’s penultimate episode.

Well, TVLine now can reveal details about Silverman’s ripped-from-the-headlines character.

According to sources, Silverman will play Stephanie, the owner of an Ashley Madison-esque website who hires Lockhart Gardner to defend her in a civil case. The plaintiff claims that Stephanie’s Match.com-for-adulterers site caused her faithful husband to cheat on her… and in turn led to his gruesome, wrongful death.

Other guest stars on tap for The Good Wife‘s remaining Season 2 episodes include Michael J. Fox (who next week makes his third appearance as the cunning Louis Canning), Raising Hope‘s Martha Plimpton (reprising her role as attorney Patti Nyholm) and Mad Men‘s Aaron Staton (aka Ken Cosgrove), popping up during May sweeps as a “hungry, Terminator-like” attorney.

1. Liam says:

You lost me at Good Wife

2. Pat says:

Looks like another show that I won’t be watching anymore. How they can cast a vile unAmerican is beyond me.

3. Mark says:

Oh, who knew The Good Wife struck such a negative chord with some people?

Now that Friday Night Lights and Lost are done, it’s the only show that can even remotely compare to the best of Cable.

Sarah is underrated. Want to see her take a role seriously, though.

4. xav says:

I’m more excited for Martha Plimpton and Mamie Gummer returning than Sarah guesting.

5. bamalam says:

Reminds me of a storyline from Drop Dead Diva…except this one includes death…

6. dlferriola says:

Sounds like some interesting storylines coming up on top a their regular drama that is going on now with Kalinda sleeping with Peter that they confirmed happened this week. Such a good show.

7. Dave says:

Is she gonna play a racist Jew who gets exterminated by Hitler?

8. susela says:

I’m so glad Michael J. Fox and Martha Plimpton are returning. But Sarah Silverman? Meh.

9. Texas Wave says:

i cannot STAND Sarah Silverman. Lewd, crude, socially unacceptable. But I will just have to deal with it because there is no way I will miss an episode of this outstanding drama. Thumbs up on Martha Plimpton, btw.

10. Sam says:

Apparently I’m the only one that actually likes Sarah Silverman. I saw her “Jesus is Magic” special, and I thought it was great.

• Nicole says:

You’re not the only one – I think she’s awesome. Her humor isn’t for everyone, but what would be the fun if it was? I’m excited she’s going to be on one of my favorite shows! From the sounds of the storyline it doesn’t seem likely, but I bet she and Alan Cumming would be hilarious in a scene together. Although, her and Baranski should have an interesting dynamic too.

11. Maryb says:

I’m not a lover or hater of SS … I just hope she does right by TGW. Very excited to see Michael J. Fox (love Love LOVE his character), Martha Plimpton, and Aaron Staton (who will give me a little “Mad Men” love while I wait for MM’s return). I’m also hoping this Alicia/Peter/Kalinda triangle works as I’m afraid it could take TGW down the wrong path.

12. Fads says:

Don’t forget Fred Thompson has a big role on the April 12th “Good Wife” episode.

13. Bob says:

And Jimmy Kimmel left his wife for her? I still don’t understand that one. Fortunately for him, he finally woke up.

14. Jo says:

Has anyone seen her in Rent’s movie?
    Although her character is slightly funny, she does a goods job as passing it off as not in your face but more subtle. I think she won’t do a bad job. We shall see when she appears.