Ratings: Body Of Proof Is Alive and Kicking

ABC’s Body Of Proof proved to be no stiff in its Tuesday premiere, dominating the 10 o’clock hour with 13.85 million total viewers and a 3.0 demo rating.

The Dana Delany starrer hugely improved upon time slot predecessor Detroit 1-8-7‘s own, September 2010 aprés-DWTS premiere by 49 percent and 30 percent, respectively, and held onto a decent chunk of its audience over the hour run.

Elsewhere this Tuesday evening:

8/7c | NCIS topped the hour on both counts, with a typical 18.3 million viewers and a 3.8 demo rating. That was followed by the Dancing With the Stars for Dummies recap show (12.7 mil/2.7) and The Biggest Loser (7.1 mil/2.6, down 13 percent).

DWTS Recap: The First Eliminated Duo Is….

9/8c | The DWTS results show drew the night’s biggest audience (18.8 million total viewers) and best demos (4.2). Placing second in the hour, NCIS: LA (15.2 mil/3.4) saw a 15 percent gain in the demos.

10/9c | Trailing ABC’s hot Body, The Good Wife was separated from 14 percent of its previous audience (dropping to under 10 million viewers) and fell to a series-low 1.9 demo rating. Parenthood, at 4.8 mil and a 1.9, dipped a smidgen in total audience.

Good Wife Scoop: Sarah Silverman’s Racy Role Revealed

What were you tuned into this Tuesday?

1. swthompson says:

I think this show has a great deal of potential simply because Dana Delany could read the phone book and make it interesting.

2. xav says:

I’m pretty irked about this show being on Tuesday at 10 where I can’t watch it because my heart lies with The Good Wife. I like shows with women over 40 and they’re both on at the same time? UNFAIR.

3. fra says:

Parenthood didn’t drop in 18-49 The other sites said it obtained a 1.9

4. Bella says:

I always watch The Good Wife at 10 on Tuesdays, but gave Body of Proof a look-see because I really like Dana Delaney. And I ended up really liking the show. I think I’m going to continue watching it. For one thing, I can always get The Good Wife on On Demand through my cable carrier and ABC doesn’t make their shows available on that, although they are available through their websites. I just don’t like watching shows on my computer.

• Anna says:

The On Demand situation seems to vary between cable/satellite systems. Cox in Arizona carries ABC On Demand, but not CBS or CW.

5. Adrienne says:

I watched Parenthood because it never fails to be great. I usually watch The Good Wife at some point the next day. I don’t know if I’ll get around to watching Body of Proof or not, but Dane Delaney is always a solid performer so I might.

6. Shar says:

I can’t watch the new show, I record the Good Wife and Parenthood, so I can’t watch anything else at that time. The Good Wife and Parenthood are two of my favorite shows.

7. Gail says:

I watched Dancing With the Stars as usual.. Followed by Body of Proof.. Excellent new show with drama & humor..!! Oh … & Dana Delaney.. Awesome actress!

8. Mykey716 says:

I’m a fan of The Good Wife, and not worried about this show. I did DVR it(but not yet watched it). Even still, I always DVR TGW so I can start watching it about 15-20min after it begins, so I can skip thru commercials….just too exciting to sit thru ads, especially as we get closer to end of sesaon!!

9. Jrsygrl says:

I just have this thing with Dana Delany. I just don’t find her appealing to watch. It is something in her demeanor like she is deigning to appear and we had better watch or else. Like she is royalty or something. Is it just me?

10. Mark says:

As a medical student I gave this show a shot, and really enjoyed it. I love the actress and the pacing of the episode was excellent, as was the acting. Can’t wait for next week!

11. Chmarin says:

The networks seriously need to do something about Tuesdays @ 10. Too much stuff going on, with shows with similar target audiences – Body of Proof, The Good Wife and Parenthood – pretty much destroying each other…

The best thing that could happen to TGW is the “Fringe treatment”. CBS needs to get behind the show, make it the anchor on Friday nights and hopefully, the audience follows. Because there’s no way CBS is keeping it there next season. I don’t even wanna consider the alternative – cancellation. They should put Undercover Boss on Fri@8, then TGW @ 9 and CSI:NY @ 10. Then fill the vacated Boss slot on Sundays with H-50, and you get a great pair with CSI: Miami/H50. That leaves Mon@10 and Tue@10 for new dramas. There, I just saved Nina Tassler and Les Moonves from numerous headaches in May.

12. amy says:

I watched Parenthood. Wanted to watch Body of Proof and wouldn’t mind checking out The Good Wife. Just not possible to watch all three.

13. Renee says:

Good to hear. I DVR’d it, but unfortunately was working. Looking forward to catching it, maybe tonight.

• Scott says:

Same here. Very pleased it did so well in the ratings and has had a lot of positive feedback. Fingers crossed Body Of Proof gets a renewal and becomes this year’s version of Castle, a terrific mid-season show that turns into a full season show. Ironically, wasn’t Dana Delany a potential recurring guest star on Castle recently? With both shows on ABC, maybe she’ll have another guest arc on Castle next season? And maybe Nathan Fillion could do the same?

14. Jennifer says:

I watched Body of Proof, because it fits better for me with NCIS and NCIS:LA.

I thought it was excellent, wish CBS had it and it could anchor Tuesday

15. Jim says:

Well there probably goes brothers and sisters shot at another season. :( hopefully they’ll give the B&S another season to close it up.

16. Hugo says:

In Italy with the pay-tv we’re at the 10th episode of Body of Proof… and I can say that I like it very much! It gets better episode after episode and Dana Delany is absolutely great!

17. jasin says:

Parenthood needs a better timeslot. And maybe an earlier one as well. I would love to see Parenthood as a lead in to HArry’s Law next season.

18. Joanna says:

I bumped Parenthood off the DVR to record The Good Wife and Body of Proof. I enjoyed both of them this morning. Didn’t miss Parenthood at all.

19. Campbell says:

Not good news for Detroit 1-8-7. I hope BOP brings on Julie Benz. I’d love to see her reunite with Delany who is very appealing and also now on Twitter.

20. D says:

The Good Wife is the only show I’m watching up Tuesday night, no times for others. been following Parenthood online. might check out body of proof online too, although it doesn’t look that interesting.

21. Therivalyue says:

My heart shall always remain with Archie Panjabi.

22. Romain says:

Dana Delany is a wonderful actress and I am very happy that the pilot episode of her new show was a success. Especially since the supporting cast is filled with likeable actors as well (Jeri Ryan, John Carroll Lynch and Sonja Sohn). I love both The Good Wife and Parenthood too and hope all three shows will make it to next season.

23. Lisa says:

I really enjoyed Body of Proof and will keep watching. Do the right thing ABC and renew this show for next season like you’ve done for other mid-season replacements-Castle and Grey’s Anatomy.

24. Anna says:

Let’s just hope the ratings hold up.

25. Andrea says:

I watched The Good Wife, and I agree with those that don’t find Dana Delaney appealing as an actress. If she’s on a show, I usually skip it. The only recent exception to that rule was her recent guest gig on Castle.

Besides, the promos made the series seem like Rizzoli and Isles meets Bones meets Ducky from NCIS. I’ll just stick to watching those three series and TGW instead of staring something new.

26. sunny says:

I’m really disappointed that The Good Wife’s ratings went under 10million. It is such an amazing show. Last night the writers were actually tweeting (@GoodWifeWriters) during the show. Amazing! They said the last 5 episodes of the season are going to be mind-blowing.

I always dvr Parenthood, I guess I’ll start recording Body of Proof too. But The Good Wife is always the must see live show.

27. Gen says:

I really enjoyed the show! I’m glad I have something to watch now that V is over. I didn’t have much of an opinion on Dana Delany before watching, though I did enjoy her in Castle. She made the character likable and I’ll definitely be watching the first season at least.

28. tkart says:

I always watch The Good Wife and DVR Parenthood but I think I’ll catch Parenthood on On Demand (my cable company doesn’t carry CBS shows) and DVR Body of Proof from now on.

29. Nick says:

Just watched the first episode in New Zealand – amazing; loved it! Hoping ABC renews Off the Map, Brothers and Sisters and Body of Proof all for more seasons, so that they lined up with Shonda Rhime’s new show, will make a fantastic 2011-2012 season line-up, what could be the potentially best in a LONG TIME! Let’s keep up this new TV show making of this quality!

30. nikki says:

The Good Wife have sucked this season and deserves to be cancelled. I hope Body of Proof kills it.

31. Fiona says:

Dana Delany total turn off – can’t even watch sorry… Great shows – Parenthood – classic writing!

32. old city girl says:

Good show, but SOOOOO inaccurate portrayal of Philly. NO ONE has an accent (unheard of) and they refer to Roxborough as “the other side of the tracks,” and Manayunk as a poor, polish neighborhood when it is a haven for affluent preppy yuppies who love to drink! Could be an excellent show if it actually embraced the city it is supposedly in (aside from L.A. where it is probably actually shot).

33. Jeffrey Scott Bailey says:

Body of Proof is the show to watch…headed by Dana Delany this incredible ensemble is the true hope for medical dramas….Not since Quincy has an M.E. Show really rocked it’s viewing audience! Bravo!!!