Exclusive

Major Bones Spoiler Alert: Are Booth and Brennan 'Going There' in the Finale?

Bones fans, you know that emergency kit you’ve had tucked away all these years? The one with the oxygen mask and the Xanax lollipop? Yeah, you’re gonna want to grab that right about now and lay it beside you before proceeding any further.

I have just obtained the title of the Bones season finale —  place the mask over your nose and mouth — and it’s…

“The Change in the Game.”

Take a deep breath.

Now remove the mask, unwrap the Xanax Pop and take five long licks before continuing on.

I know what you’re probably thinking: “Does that title mean what I think it means?” Executive producer Stephen Nathan — who reluctantly confirmed the title scoop — declined to say if the season ends with Booth and Brennan finally coupling up. He did, however, offer this tease: “Although the ‘game’ in the episode is bowling, that’s not the only game that will be changed.”

Emily Deschanel is Pregnant — Is Brennan Too?!

The evidence supporting a B&B hookup is strong. Back in January, series creator Hart Hanson told TVLine that the No. 1 topic of conversation in the show’s writers’ room is whether or not the star-crossed sleuths should end the season as lovebirds. “What happens [as we wrap] between Booth and Brennan is the subject of a spirited and wide-ranging debate —and that’s the honest-to-God truth,” he said. “Some people think [we should go for it], and others are wildly against it. It’s a really interesting debate.”

The March 17 episode, meanwhile, ended with the pair each writing down a date they think they might be ready to make a go of a relationship — and then burning it.

May Sweeps Scorecard: How Many Deaths Are Coming Up?

The Bones season finale is scheduled to air on May 19. Something tells me that’s the date they both settled on.

Now place the mask back over your nose and mouth and proceed to the comments section with your thoughts/concerns/hopes/dreams/speculation.

1. Jessie Hyde says:

I am a total Bones fanatic and the season finale is on my birthday!!!! Amazing! Please let that be the date they wrote down and burned!!! :D :D :D

2. JS says:

I figure that they won’t actually get together, but maybe it has to do with Booth’s unused sperm donation.

3. Channelle says:

Please, PLEASE give us this season! You’ve tortured us for six years! And Bones would never be the consolation prize. Hannah was the consolation prize after Bones shot Booth down. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, writers? PLEASE?

4. Angela says:

the sexual tention between the characters is what keeps the show going evrytime a show like this lets the characters get together the show nevers survives long after that please dont let that happen to Bones!!!

5. Jennifer says:

I have never missed an episode & I think they should have them hook up & then have them say it was a mistake because of their partnership & then find out she is pregnant with his baby the right way…because she was going to have his baby before he had brain surgery but not because of them having a relationship.

6. Michael says:

For shows like this, “going there” is akin to “jumping the sharks”. Remember when Dave and Maddie did it? Show over.

• Samie says:

I agree with you for the most part but a few have pulled it off and if the show may be winding down in 2 or 3 years then I think it is a chance they would take.

7. Samie says:

Ok, trying to be practical, I think they will explore it, if not in the finale then sometime in the future. It is a must with the show at this point. The hard part is pulling it off without killing the show. Therefore they will need to do it at a time the writers could see the show wrapping up in 2 to 3 seasons. Because we are at the end of season 4 there is a real likihood they are willing to pursue it. Kicker would be if they decided to give it a little go and Bren ended up preg as a result and then that is the topic of the relationship next season.

hmmm, wait, I think I may have thought too much about that, lol.

8. Bonnie Crocker says:

The title Change in the Game could be referring to several things: the arrival of Angela & Hodgins baby, the conclusion of the Zach/Gormagon storyline (he didn’t kill anyone but is still in jail), a regular character being killed off, Bones and Booth getting together or any number of whackadoodle ideas I haven’t thought of. I can wait a little longer for Bones & Booth although, admittedly, I do like the fact they seem to be moving in the same direction at the same time. I still look forward to watching this show every week.

9. funhog409 says:

Ugh… I don’t know about this. First of all, the writers of Bones have been saying for years that Booth and Bones are going to be getting together and so far they haven’t so I don’t really believe them anymore. On one hand I would love to see them together but I don’t want it to ruin/end the show. That’s usually what happens in TV shows and I love Bones.

10. joan says:

Well there goes my fav show, anytime i the past the the 2 main characters have hooked up together the show was cancelled shortly there after, moonlighting, who’s the boss and many more. its the chemistry and the no we cant be together that keeps us tuning in everyweek.

11. DJP says:

I agree with the posters that say they have “done” something to Brennan. I watched the first episode the other day and that was the Tempy that we all fell in love with. She is rational, exasperating, but still human. She developed more with Booth as they went back and forth and she became more of a human being, less of just a scientist, but still a woman in her own right. Then suddenly last season, she came back from that dig and was Tempy day one again, minus a soul.

I don’t know what their deal was with this, but it really messed stuff up. As far as B and B getting together. I think if its done correctly, it could be fantastic. But I am not sure TV writers can make it work right.

I personally liked the End of the Beginning (wasn’t that the booth coma dream thing?). THAT is the dynamic that would make their relationship work. Booth loving her, her feeling secure in his love, but both of them being who they are and being strong independent people.

12. Sakshi says:

C’mon guys!
    How many of you endured endless season’s of Grey’s anatomy with sultry/sizzling looks between Dr. Shephard and Grey?
    Relax now, this is our Booth and Brennan after all. We could Never get bored of them.
    Of course I am Dying to see them together.
    All I am worried about at the moment is, Has the show been renewed for the next season yet? And this Should be the season where they end up together.
    Seeing them as a couple, fighting crime would be all the more charming!

13. DJP says:

I like the pregnancy idea with Brennan and Booth that somebody threw out there. They get together, realize that they love each other, but it would probably never work-and Brennan is pregnant. It may be contrived, but honestly its the one thing that Booth would be all about. He loves the idea of being a Dad and despite ther relationship not being there, he would be an awesome Dad. There would be enough fodder for back story with just that for at least 2 more seasons.

14. juju says:

we all want them to be together already ….please let it happen

15. Amy says:

As much as I want Booth and Brennan to hook up I don’t want them too bc it would probably mean an end to the show. Plus in the show X-Files after Scully and Molder hooked up their relationship and partnership and the show just wasn’t the same. Who wanted to watch anymore bc the one thing you always wanted to happen did so what was left??

16. tiffany says:

Well after sucha disappointing season I’m sure fox is talkin cancelling the show so now its a do or die type situation on the B&B relationship. If they play the baby into it I think it’ll be the reason the show ends brennan decides she wants to be the mother that she lost while booth still works the FBI. Plus I think if they do get together without the baby it’ll be a hot cold relationship which will tire quickly and booth is all about a future while brennan has always ran from anything tradional. Its to predictable of a relationship. If they get together this season or next it’ll be a show ender just because of the dynamic of the twosome. But I think that if done right it would be an awesome series ender! Either way I do wanna see either a def yes or no to the B&B relationship.

17. Julia says:

What about the ‘Booty Call’ with the finder that’s gonna break Booth’s heart… if he finds out

18. DJP says:

The show could go into a new dimension if done correctly. I know I may be speaking to a crowd that is too young to know about these movies, but anyone watch the Thin Man Series?

Husband and Wife crime fighters? Its dated, but if the writing was done correctly it could make the show that much more interesting.

If you are only watching it to see if they will hook up, you won’t like it, I agree. I happen to enjoy the crime fighting aspect AND the relationship stuff. You have to ask yourself. In real life, would this work for two people like them?

19. Rene says:

I believe the writers will in the very last season of BONES start putting Booth and Bones together. I think the game changer may be something to do with Angela and Hodgins and their baby. Maybe it has to do with Cam or Dr Sweets or any of the rotating interns that Bones has. I don’t really think that the last episode of this season will be about Bones and Booth getting together, but maybe something will happen that will change how their relationship has been working so far. Bones had been more open and realizing that her way of doing things and understanding t hings does not always work.

20. Tina says:

I do not base my LOVE of this show solely on whether or not B&B get together. It doesn’t keep me glued and won’t be a deal breaker regardless. I love the entire cast and their interactions. I think every individual on the show comes together to make the whole thing awesome to watch. I love their personalities more than the story lines. It’s the “people”.

21. CheriGoodman says:

Hmmm…guess they finally realized they gotta give us SOME reason to buy those Season 6 DVD’s. So my guess is they WILL, but only for that reason. I just wish I still cared at this point.

22. Jenn says:

I would like this. However, its worded to “beating around the bush” for me to take any of it seriously.

Don’t tell me to get my xanax lollipops and oxygen mask out for a title. “The Change in the Game” could mean ANYTHING. That’s like saying “The Baby in the Bough” meant Bones is having a baby. Or that “The Pain in the Heart” means the love of Booth’s life dies.

I’ll be saving my oxygen mask and xanax lollipops for some real news.

23. TDS says:

I am an avid “BONES” watcher, not so much a fan anymore from lack of boredom and the constant change up of script in the characters. These two, Booth and Brennan don’t seem like my Booth and Brennan from the first 3 seasons and it’s so sad. Why change a good thing?? I miss their chemistry and I looked forward to a hookup and eventually some closure from a drama b4 it ends or is cancelled.. Sadly, I am Tivoing this show and fastforwarding my way thru it nowadays.. I’m ready for a shakeup so I have the excitement of watching it in it’s entirety.. Bring back my Booth and Brennan or I’m giving them up for Beckett and Castle!

24. fabulousS says:

I definitely tnk booth n bones shud get together and besides the romance shudnt make the show the cases shud, but lately their borin they shud go bak to the grusome bodies in the earlier seasons! still love the show!!!!!

25. tempi says:

This is to everyone who is dissing on Bones-Nothing is wrong with the show and just stop hating cause im sick of seeing crap about this season is horrible or maybe i will tune in next season!Seriously its really annoying to people who love Bones.Oh an by the way the only bad thing about this season was Hannah and I think we all know that.

26. Colleen says:

I know I’m probably dating myself, but does anyone remember Hart to Hart? It can be done, and done well. A relationhip between BB should happen and make the show better if handled the right way.

27. fabulousS says:

and anyways I tnk da writers shud pay attention to wat they wrote in earlier seasons it doesn’t make sense to jus ignore it. like wen bones wanted booths baby but coz of his tumor she left it, I tnk they shud bring that up agen

28. Carla says:

Personally, I’m sick of being manipulated by writers. Do they honestly think their fans are so stupid that they’d lose interest if a pair of characters married or became a couple? There’s something more to the show besides this relationship. And anyone who thinks there’s no drama in marriage has never read a novel, or seen a play, a TV show, or a movie. At the start of this season, I decided to give Bones one season to get this show on the road, or I’m headed to PBS for something intelligent. I’m sticking by that.

29. Dusty says:

Ok So just so you know on the pregnant part they might write that in (watch Jag they did that to Mac) even if they do write it in that Booth is pregnant they might not make it by booth. You might not know who it is by. However if they write in that booth is imagining Bones as pregnant then it will keep the suspense in their relationship. I was a big Jag fan then started watchhing Bones since it was on a different night and Jag was winding down the series. I am thinking they might do something like they did in Jag you wont know if Bones and Booth ever get together for good til the last season. But they also have to base the stories off of the books and look at how other book to movie series turned out by far Bones is a better book to movie series than Little House on the Prarrie not that it was bad it just wasnt as close to the books as Bones probably is (I need to go get the books and read them)also listen closely since it is hard to be the writer of a series. Not many series make it on air for a long time anymore I know of three series that are close to ten seasons all together. Two of them are CBS/Fox shows the other one is a SyFi but anyways. I say they will write in the fact that temp is pregnant in a interesting way. Maybe something about the fact that she wants it to be booths too since he said he would donate a few seasons before and then he ended up in the coma so nothing really came from that.

30. Courtney says:

How about they have sex…. Don’t need to start a relationship… She finds out she is knocked up… Then they can work on a relationship… Keep it interesting

31. Lacey says:

Here what I’m hoping for. If Emily really is prego in real life, I hate if when shows try to hide it. So I think Booth and Bones need to get together before the end of the season (because the writers have already killed it) but then the change in the game is that bones ends up prego and we’re back to some what of a conflict because Bones wanted to take there relationship slow and Booth, being the traditional man that he is wants to get married since there is a baby involved. I see a lot of good emotional junk there so then the relationship isn’t boring even after they get together!!!

32. Chris says:

I actually like them apart. I don’t think that the show has gotten boring and I still love watching it. I would like to have them together, but I do believe that it wouldn’t be the same Bones we all have come to love. It’s like House. Those two got together and even though they were only together for a few episodes, it wasn’t the same. It wasn’t as good with House pussyfooting around Cuddy all the time.

33. Sam says:

If they hook up, it will be before the end of the season. MSN had an article the other day that the sniper is coming back and someone significant will die, then Brennan and Booth will have to deal with that.

34. Mike says:

I just hope it’s not another stupid dream sequence.
    Time for them to get together.

35. jaky says:

B Y B juntos creo que esto ya se ha alargado emaciado ya no soportaria otra temporada sin ellos dos juntos es tiempo y ahora con el embarazo de emily creo que seria una gran oportunidad para darle un giro ala historia no??

36. cjristine says:

I want them to get together…but…so many shows have ended because of it. I love the the cat and mouse game. I want it to happen, I just don’t the show to end.

37. swimmer494 says:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh omg i cant wait its going to be amazing i cant wait to see that

38. rhonda bailey says:

……….i’m just excited about the exploding body farm….lol……..and i think temperance will suggest to booth that they should revisit the sperm-donor ideal again….[[ wink, wink..nudge, nudge ]]….after all he does want to have more children, and brennan can totally use her declining egg production as an excuse……either way, booth-n-brennan are #1 viewing, period.

39. monica says:

i think they will get together…but before they do hanna comes back and regrets her decison…and an old boyfriend of bones comes back…or she is offered a job at some out of this world place…and this is when they will be truely tested….but hanna has lost her chance…and once again it would be up to bones to make a yes or no decison….

40. Shadow says:

I want booth and bones to finally get together but if they finally do that could be the end of bones all together and i am not ready to see that happen. we all want them together but is the result of losing our show we watch so decidatily worth it. at this point i think not. in time yes they need to get together but we need a few more season so we can watch everything unfold, watch angela and hodges baby grow some. or is sweets and daisy finally going to tie the knot. so yea i want them together just as much as everyone else but i also dont want my favorite so to end sorry guys i think they should hold off just a little bit longer. :(

41. Rik says:

The change in the game is Hannah is prego !!!

42. Lupe says:

Actually, with Emily Deschanel being pregnant in real life, it might be a good time for a B & B hookup, because then the writers could write that she could end up pregnant as a result of their hookup,which then opens up another whole different story line: will she or won’t she keep the baby, how does Seeley react to this upcoming baby, will they or won’t they get married, parental rights / living arrangements, etc. I would enjoy it, myself.

43. elsi says:

Okay, if ED is actually pregnant, what if Bones and Booth start to get serious. They date comes around. They are going to give a relationship a try. But then before they actually ‘hook up’ Bones finds out she is pregnant. And it’s not Booth’s. Not THAT would be a change in the game.

44. Gaby Hdez says:

I hope they get together!! But I am totally confused… Is there going to be another season? I thought it was just season 6 and that was it.. Help!!! lol

45. Basketballgirl says:

Well, I for one< hope that they do get together. They would be soo good together. Plus, the fact that I saw somewhere that Bones is pregnant in real life, so they are going to have to write that in some how. Or do the same thing that they did in CSI: Miami, stick her behind a desk… Which I have to admit wouldn't work very well since the show is mostly about her going out to crime scenes. But, whatever way they end up going, I'm sure that it will work out in the end!!

46. Janet Meulman says:

OK, If the Closer can do it, B&B sure can. It can really be made Verrry interesting. (especially if sex doesn’t take over) I have an idea for the Very Very last episode. They can be on an airplane that goes down, and at the end are a few parachutes/ rafts etc. shown with no way to know who is in them (just in case it really isnt the end.)

47. Kimbery says:

y’all are right. Who knows.

48. helloah says:

okay, don’t wanna spoil the fun etc etc, but maybe it’s not really about B&B? there were rumours (or maybe it’s even confirmed, not that much into it) that ther’s gonna be a spin-off, and maybe the ‘game’ in the title is only refering to a different character, or maybe even a different series? dunno, but there are moy explanations than “oh they’re gonna hook up finally!”

49. VIcki says:

I have always said that once you get the main characters together it ruins a show. (See Moonlighting, Scarecrow and Mrs. King, Remmington Steele, etc) BUT I really think and HOPE that is show would be different. Bones has SOOO much to learn about love!! Just being in it and dealing with it would make it interesting. I am kinda thinking they should go for it!! (Praying not a mistake!)

Vicki
    THe DIva

50. dee says:

i would love to see them together but i dont want the show to end i was disappointed in this season