Exclusive

Major Bones Spoiler Alert: Are Booth and Brennan 'Going There' in the Finale?

Bones fans, you know that emergency kit you’ve had tucked away all these years? The one with the oxygen mask and the Xanax lollipop? Yeah, you’re gonna want to grab that right about now and lay it beside you before proceeding any further.

I have just obtained the title of the Bones season finale —  place the mask over your nose and mouth — and it’s…

“The Change in the Game.”

Take a deep breath.

Now remove the mask, unwrap the Xanax Pop and take five long licks before continuing on.

I know what you’re probably thinking: “Does that title mean what I think it means?” Executive producer Stephen Nathan — who reluctantly confirmed the title scoop — declined to say if the season ends with Booth and Brennan finally coupling up. He did, however, offer this tease: “Although the ‘game’ in the episode is bowling, that’s not the only game that will be changed.”

Emily Deschanel is Pregnant — Is Brennan Too?!

The evidence supporting a B&B hookup is strong. Back in January, series creator Hart Hanson told TVLine that the No. 1 topic of conversation in the show’s writers’ room is whether or not the star-crossed sleuths should end the season as lovebirds. “What happens [as we wrap] between Booth and Brennan is the subject of a spirited and wide-ranging debate —and that’s the honest-to-God truth,” he said. “Some people think [we should go for it], and others are wildly against it. It’s a really interesting debate.”

The March 17 episode, meanwhile, ended with the pair each writing down a date they think they might be ready to make a go of a relationship — and then burning it.

May Sweeps Scorecard: How Many Deaths Are Coming Up?

The Bones season finale is scheduled to air on May 19. Something tells me that’s the date they both settled on.

Now place the mask back over your nose and mouth and proceed to the comments section with your thoughts/concerns/hopes/dreams/speculation.

1. Renee says:

I no longer really care to see these two together. The Hannah storyline was so poorly done it has killed my enjoyment to seeing these two together. Booth and Brennan are more like siblings now. The romantic relationship is long gone. Brennan is being totally rewritten as this person who follows Booth around and totally changes her personality to please him. It is killing what made this show fun to watch. Bring in a new character to spice things up. This show is getting dull and boring. Brennan needs a new man that’ll bring back her sass and spunk. Booth is killing her mojo.

2. Jacqi says:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! Please say it is sooo!!!!! I just hope it does not have to come out of grief because one of the other squints dies!!!!

B&B 4eva!!!!!! Love Emily and David!

3. Tatanka says:

Seems nobody believes HH and SN here. Yes, because they’re just a couple of f*ckin’ liars. I’ll try to stay calm and don’t expect anything. Just calm down and breathe, breathe, breathe… as I was doin’ for almost years now.

4. Carm says:

I don’t care if they get together or not. That is not why I watch the show. It is not a soap opera.

5. AngelMoonGirl says:

*inserts oxygen mask over face for good measure*

That said, I don’t want to get my hopes up. I’ll believe it when I see it, but I think I’d just be happy to see Booth and Brennan get back on their A game after the Hannah debacle.

6. MissyMacLeod says:

I am all for them finally “going there” because they have played out the sexual tension of “will they/won’t they?” until the show is getting damned hard to watch now. It’s on the level of personal sexual frustration now instead of characters on a tv show sexual frustration and it’s driving me insane. lol

But if they do get together and then take it away, I am going to end the show there for myself. I don’t care if they have to have each show incorporate a new good or bad thing they, as a newly formed couple, have to either deal with or want to give us a reward for having stuck with them for so long on the whole will they/won’t they train. But don’t give us that moment and then act as if it never happened or split them up over something stupid so you can can end the series on a reconciliation and marriage. Give us what we have been waiting for. THE REAL THING! Love expressed, received and reciprocated. There is still SO much more to play off of, so many more possible story lines as a couple that to do less than honor that…and by honoring that…honor the fans who have stuck with this show from day one…& honoring the actors who have given us this amazing show…that to do less would be….sad.

So give us what we want…Bones&Booth together forever… so say we all! :)

7. Talitha says:

I wish they’d get together and I hope when the time is right they will. Hart Hanson’s a master of timing so I’m hoping for the end of the season but if it doesn’t happen, I’m not going to be too upset. I’m sad someone is dying though and I’m super curious to see who it is.

8. Amy says:

If I ever hear that they’ve gotten together, I might eventually check the episode out on Hulu or something. But I doubt I’ll ever watch “Bones” again. They yanked our chain too many times. A loyal fan for years, burnt by stupid plotting and arrogant writing.

9. Mdz says:

Please let it be true please!!!! I loveeeeeeeeee that idea!!!
    It would be awesome to finally se them together..

10. Norah says:

I wonder if HH is happy in his marriage. If so, why he won’t allow his characters the same happinest that he has?

11. Larry says:

There’s an old saying, “Fool me once and shame on you. Fool me twice and it’s shame on me”. Last year I was a BONES fan. I had all the dvds and I truely believed that Hart Hanson would keep his promise to have Booth and Brenan together before the end of the season. And then I watched as those two broke up and went their separate ways. I gave away all my Bones dvds and stopped watching the show. Now I don’t care what happens on BONES.

12. Steph says:

Are Booth and Bren going there? Hmm, honestly I don’t know if I’d even hazard to guess at this point. And frankly, I’m not sure that I even care if they do anymore. All I know is this…if I get jerked around one more time by TPTB on this show, I’m officially DONE! But that’s just me…

13. Beccy says:

Hmm well i’m not fussed at all if they ever get together. I love the show for the witty writing and the characters, i’ll keep watching forever. :)

14. lally says:

Happy ending?
    If it is the last episode of the series then I beleave!

15. Laura says:

I doubt if this will happen……
    I read that in the spin off series FINDER…. Brennan gives a
    Booty Call to another FBI agent who Booth hates.

If this is true…. how will they become a couple within a few
    episodes. I have become bored with this show as it is now a soap
    opera.
    There is a new show which is similar to Bones on ABC. Body of Proof.

• erika says:

P.S. I’m starting to think that they, either they hate Bones character or Emily Deschanel, cause they do anything and everything to look her bad, they’re dressing her horrible, that hideous bangs on what used to be her lovely hair, the scripts, making her everytime more stiff..)

• erika says:

*A booty call?? Really??? I oficially 100% hate those damn writers. I hope they have 0 rating.
      P.S. I’m starting to think that they either hate Bones character or Emily Deschanel, cause they do anything and everything to make look her bad, they’re dressing her horrible, that hideous bangs on what used to be her lovely hair, the scripts, making her everytime more stiff..)

• AJ says:

Not that I’d put this past the writers, but do you have a source for that?

16. Rhiannon says:

I also would be so very excited if Booth and Brennan did get together, but I won’t get my hopes up over it. I agree that Hanson and Nathan have blatantly lied before… Spoilers about May episodes are evil.

17. Ingmar says:

Althought I’d love to see them get together, I just don’t see it happening. Not now anyway, and to be honest I have doubts if they are ever going to be together longer than a kiss or fake sex. The writers had enought chances to put them together but they didn’t. They LOVE to tease the fans but at the end of the song they don’t get together. Something tells me they never will. In my eyes they are soul-mates but I think the writers think that if they put them together the show is over and ratings will fall because so much of the show is based on the will they/won’t they tension. They dont realise that they will only lose viewers if they don’t hook them up anytime soon. I might see it happen they hook up in the series finale but even that is a long shot for me. There is no news for a S7 so maybe the S6 finale is their last episode? If so..they might actually hook up, but again..I doubt it.

18. JessE says:

It would be nice but I’m never getting my hopes up again with this show. Still one of the best shows ever! -also buffy and castle and firefly :)
    that said! the first couple seasons kicked major ass compared to the current. they’ve turned a wicked awesome, funny, interesting, crime show into a soap opera. still good epis, but….really people? threatening to kill off major people, threatening to have a genetic defect with ang and hodgins baby, ZACH, hannah, etc.
    but where is the brennan-booth baby??
    whatever happened to sully? (a year my ASS!) big fan of warehouse 13, but honestly, he can do both. or mention him. oy!
    that’s what i want.
    also- explanation of dr. goodman’s whereabouts? he was hilarious.
    at least a mention every once in a while!
    ugh. stop with the teasing and threats hh and get your head out of your ass with the meanness!
    i hope everyone has a great night!

19. nikkib says:

If they were going to get together, the start of season 6 would have been the time. Now, as much as I would love to see them together, doesnt make since. I hope they find a way to pull it off, but I dont know.

20. Bob says:

Please, Michael. This is as much nonsense as your House story the other day. Jacking everyone up for what I’m sure will be a big letdown.

21. Luvstoread says:

Well I’ve just now caught the B&B fever. I just started watching season one thanks to Netflix on demand. It’s like my new addiction. I love the interaction between the two and and all the characters. Can’t believe I’ve enjoyed it as much as I do. Truly thought it was just another boring procedural crime drama….Far from it!!

22. peggyc says:

booth and bones are not ready to be a couple SO please dont take this step/ID care to much for bones for her to taked this step with him/bones impervious is right word.

23. Amber says:

I am remaining calm. I am just really looking forward to the fact that they’re undercover in this episode. I love those episodes they’re usually rather good, great, etc. Whatever happens between Booth and Bones happens. It’s a title. Nothing less and nothing more. I shall not jump in head first believing that The Change in the Game means Booth and Brennan are going to finally get together. Admittedly, I have my version of what I think would throw fandom for a loop. Won’t say. It’s stupid and ridiculous and won’t happen. My idea I mean. I keep thinking about it though. Right. So, I don’t have problems with HH and SN. HH entertains the crap out of me on Twitter.

24. wil says:

The Game Change will be a Fringe/Bones Crossover event with Bones meeting up with Olivia’s Bowling Alley advisor.

25. Myke25 says:

I’m SOOOO tired of the “will they or won’t they” storyline on Bones. It’s all any of the characters seem to be able to talk about anymore.
    The cases have taken a back seat.

In the real world, if a field agent were to hook up with someone on their team, wouldn’t they be reassigned to avoid a conflict of interest? You can’t work with a spouse or significant other in the field. It should have been the same on House, though I suspect they always planned to have the Huddy experiment be short-term to prove to all the ‘shippers that it couldn’t really work. There is WAY too much in-breeding on TV. I have a hard time believing that there are that many office romances going on.

26. Jinnette Reyes says:

Guys i agree with you guys that it has take forever for them to finally be together but if you watch the season as a whole there no way they could have been together before and have it worked out brennan wasn’t in a place where it let people in … in that you can see its with all the people that she’s been with on the show it wasn’t about the people it was about her i much i we would like to think that she didn’t leave on that boat with sully because of booth well all know thats not true. it was because she wasn’t ready to put a relationship before her work because that how she keeps her self from getting hurt but now after that whole doctor in the photo episode when she really let her self feeling what she was really feeling and last episode when they REALLY talked about where they are and how they feel it show that they ready to go there and make it work because she now realizing that a life with booth would be better than a life with booth as her partner and in other women’s arms. she was never worried if she would change her mind about if she love booth or not she was worried that one day he would wake up and change his mind and if they don’t get them together by this season that would be a bunch of crap!!!

27. Midori says:

By the time they do no one will care anymore.

28. Nancy says:

I love “Bones” and I’ve been a B&B shipper since the Season 2. The will they or won’t they get together is wearing me out. HH & SN need to get their heads out of the sand and wake up to the fact that the fans are fed up. They need to make up their minds either get them together or just partners/friends. Of course I want them as couple in a committed relationship. If HH & SN have the courage to get them together they could break the “Moonlighting Curse” and make TV history. I hope they have the courage to make that happen, but I’m not going to hold my breath.

29. Laura says:

Emily Deschanel is pregnant….. I just read that a baby is
    expected later this year.
    I thought she had gained weight.

Wonder how the writers will handle this…. maybe she gets
    pregnant from the “Booty Call” from the Locator spinoff.
    Maybe Brennan and Booth get married
    A Chang in the Game now has a new meaning…. I guess.

30. Eridapo says:

Well. I was wrong.

Emily has forced Hanson’s hand. She and her husband have announced that they are expecting a child. The child is due sometime in the fall. They have to either incorporate her pregnancy into the show, or write Emily out from most scenes.

31. carole says:

I think the writers set in to hurt bones character after christmas/hannah was not the favorite nathan wanted her to be/the fix is for booth to said he should maybe of moved slower in letting hannah moved in and thought of parker more/and in doing this rebuild his friendship with bones.

32. Katie says:

Seeing as how Emily just announced her pregnancy, there’s a good chance that Bones would get the baby she’s been wanting!

33. Cassie says:

I hope that this means they will be getting together as, it was just annouced Emily is pregnant and then they could write into the show as well!

34. Monika says:

I REALLY wonder how they will handle this – i hope they do not pressure Emily too much… her personal life is more important than her job… Let’s hope it does not affect the show too much :)

35. Hammy says:

Since Emily Deschanel is pregnant, I wonder if they’ll tweak the timeline a little (they would have to accelerate a bit over the summer to keep up with her stomach) and have a little Booth & Brennan baby next year as a result of the finale? They’ll probably do something dumb like hide her bump behind file folders and disembodied skulls, but a girl can dream.

36. Joanna says:

I hope so because Emily D is pregnant and I hope that they actually make that apart of the story line.

37. Temperance says:

I would LOVE it if they got together! I don’t understand why people think that this season has been so crappy… I’ve really liked it. But then again I’m a boneiac for life so whatever! I love bones and I’ve been with em from the beginning pretty much so I’ll stick with them until the end. Hart Hanson and Steven nothing are awesome! You can’t deny it. So what if they didn’t get this season quite right. Give them a break. Let’s see you do any better!!

BB FOREVER! Yea!

And congratulations to Emily and David H.!!!!! A baby!! Hehe I’m so happy for them I could explode. Figuratively speaking!

I LOVE BONES!! :) <33333

38. erika says:

Here’s an idea: if they don’t put them together, you all should just stop watching the show. And I mean totally stop watching it. See how far the can go with no audience.. You know, we, after all, have the power of the, the approve or disapprove.. There’s no show if nobody see it!!

39. erika says:

Here’s an idea: if they don’t put them together, you all should just stop watching the show. And I mean totally stop watching it. See how far they can go with no audience.. You know, we, after all, have the power of the approve or disapprove.. There’s no show if nobody see it!!

40. Laura says:

Who is the Bones baby daddy?

Since the only sex Brennan will have is from a “Booty Call” from
    the spinoff series FBI agent. It makes sense she gets pregnant from
    this one night stand.
    The writers can do several outcomes….
    She losses the baby over the summer. She returns in September
    for the 7 session. I believe 7 will be the last session for this
    show.
    Or she may just keep the baby… Booth doe’s not care and
    marries her.
    Or she just raises the baby alone./ Since she wanted to have
    a baby and raise the child without a husband. I believe
    session 4 or 5.

41. caro1212 says:

You know guy’s I’ am on sofa and bed rest as per after surgery I have take it easy for an other month. I have to take it easy. So that is why I keep an eye on all spoiler’s and news about the show.

I also have the 5 season of bones on CD and I’ve locking at them lately. And I have seen that the seasons from 1 to 3 and a part of season 4 Brennan was a beautiful, sexy intelligent, strong confidant women how also she was high achiever and a great scientist. In a part of season 4 they started to make her sound like an idiot savant that had a lake of social skills, on top of that they started to dress her lake a grandmother. In season 5 she look’s like a grandmother warring jackets all the time the only time that she was cute was in the episode a night at the museum episode number 5 also in witch she dated the assistant director Hacker how weird was that and creepy.

And Know so far season 6 her hair her wardrobe and the fact specially the episode 3 of season 6 when there was a dead body at the jersey shore really what came out of her was so NOT BRENNAN but what do you want it’s no her fault it’s the writers and the people how are in charge of dressing them not her.

And also about the Hannah what I call (disaster) I call that I do understand that some people out there might have like that stories line but NOT ME. I personally do not have any thing against Katherine Wennick but I just did not find that there was a chemistry between Hannah and Booth other that just sexual. But that is just me.

So, about the future of the B and B duo. I was really happy about the blackout in the blizzard and the wish that they made, but know with the butty call thing that might happen in the cross over episode and the title of the season finally that change in the game and also about the announcement of Emily Pregnancy I’ am happy for the couple but I’ am anxious about the outcome I’ am worried that yes they will right it in but as the baby of the locator that is I’ am worried about. How about you tell me what you think.

42. AngelMoon Girl says:

Emily Deschanel is pregnant. It suddenly seems MUCH more likely we’re going to get a B&B hook up but probably not in the way most people were intending, if they do decide to write Emily’s pregnancy in.

43. Jen says:

B+B will get together in the second to last episode of the season. The last episode will see how they try to balance this new endeavour, however the “game will be changed” when Hannah comes back and is pregnant with Booths baby making her last statement “things aren’t over between us” valid.

This is not what I want to happen but I have a feeling it may be a possible twist which actually occurs in the Kathy Reich books

44. spivy58 says:

I really want to see B&B together, so I hope it’s true! I’ve stuck with season 6 only because they said Hannah was leaving and now that she’s gone I expect some good B&B moments to make up for the Hannah storyline that made Brennan look pathetic and Booth uncaring.
    I think they would still have tons of tension and back and forth bickering between them even if they got together because they are so different. I agree with whoever wrote that they should have to hide their relationship from everyone.
    In the past the writers have been very creative with unique stories and situations for B&B, they can make the B&B relationship work. I will remain hopeful for the rest of the season.

45. Christine Weis says:

Please Michael don’t let Brennan’s pregnancy be the result of the booty call mentioned in the up coming Finder crossover episode; if this is the case I believe they have pushed the will they/won’t they delays long enough

46. gordon says:

no they are not going there in the finale/bones does go and visit her family/but booth hurt her 1 hurt too many/fans I AM SURE YOU KNOW WHAT i mean.

47. julie says:

oh man! this writers are sooooo getting punished for all those fake spoilers, its not even funny. I mean, now Emily D. is pregnant… i’m dying to see how they handle the situation… hope they arent going to completely ignore it, it would be so like them.

48. skyeltd says:

is that because Emily Deschanel just announced that she is pregnant? Will that be part of next season’s story line?

49. erika says:

Now that Bones, in real life Emily D. is knocked up…..they will have to do something. right? and if she turns up preggers in the show by someone other than Booth i would quit watching it.

50. Stephanie says:

She is preggers in real life so Im thinking they will write it in after all