Idol Leaderboard: Rank the Top 11 (Again)!

It’s a very confusing week to rank the American Idol Top 11. The Idoloonie Nation put Stefano Langone and Casey Abrams in the bottom two for their crimes against music during Motown Week, but could the former front-runners experience upticks in votes following their brushes with doom (and that dramatic Judges’ Save)? Naima Adedapo, meanwhile, conquered her pitch problems and added a dramatic dance interlude on “Dancing in the Street,” but will the inconsistent diva continue her forward momentum on Elton John Night? And what to do with polarizing vocalists like Paul McDonald and Jacob Lusk, neither of whom has ever faced the bottom three?

I had to consider all those angles when building this week’s Idol Leaderboard. So check out the fruits of my labor, then head to our poll to vote for your favorite, and hit the comments to justify your pick. And for all my Idol news and views, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

11. Thia Megia (Last Week No. 10) | Nothing wrong with her chops, but Thia performs with all the passion of a kid filling out her practice SATs. Running out of time to get the voting public to view her as a legitimate threat.

10. Stefano Langone (Last Week No. 1) | Could easily bounce back to the Top Five with a killer performance on Elton John Night, but his bottom-two showing after a hammy, weirdly paced “Hello” shows his fan base is still somewhat fickle.

9. Naima Adedapo (Last Week No. 9) | Created plenty of buzz with African dance break on “Dancing in the Street,” but her vocal — while much cleaner than prior weeks — was still a tad pedestrian. Could start to look like a major threat if she focuses her creative energies on a full-scale musical rearrangement.

American Idol: What Should the Top 11 Sing for Elton John Week?

8. Jacob Lusk (Last Week No. 11) | Despite little-to-no constructive criticism from the judges, Jacob course-corrected from caterwauling catastrophes on “I Believe I Can Fly” and “Alone,” and showed a decent amount of restraint on “You’re All I Need to Get By.” Does he have the inner strength to pull it back for two straight weeks? The answer will determine whether he’s a legit Top Five contender or simply living on borrowed time.

7. Casey Abrams (Last Week No. 5) | Growly McAngryface has shown very little variety in four live performances to date, but he’s bound to at least get a huge one-week boost from that dramatic Judges’ Save. Time to rediscover the winning melodic sensibility he showed in Hollywood Week on “Georgia on My Mind” or he’ll be back on the Silver Stools of Doom faster than J.Lo can say “sexy.”

6. Haley Reinhart (Last Week No. 8 ) | Okay, so the producers’ punching bag is probably higher up this list than she has any right to be, but there’s no denying she misses very few notes, and her growling, bluesy tone gives her one of the season’s most easily identifiable voices. Minus her awkward crouch-and-twist body language, “You’ve Really Got a Hold on Me” was actually quite good.

5. Paul McDonald (Last Week No. 7) | Paul’s guitar is a little like Sampson’s hair — he’s powerless without it — or so it seemed after he delivered a tender (and awkward dance-free) cover of “Tracks of My Tears” for Motown Night. Still would like to see this sensitive songwriter type forge a greater emotional connection to the material he’s tackling, but seems headed in the right direction.

4. Lauren Alaina (Last Week No. 6) | Week after week, she’s in the upper half of the season 10 pack, and her country-ish “You Keep Me Hangin’ On” proved she’s got excellent vocal control and some intriguing musical instincts. That said, she’s overdue to prove she can completely inhabit a song and ignite the passions of the Idoloonie Nation. Song choice is crucial for Elton John Week.

3. James Durbin (Last Week No. 4) | One of the season’s most consistent vocalists bounced back from a tepid Top 12 “I’ll Be There for You” with a heartfelt “Living for the City” that even included a bit of jaunty dancing. Boyish glee during results-show interlude with Hulk Hogan didn’t hurt him, either.

2. Pia Toscano (Last Week No. 2) | Yeah, she performed another ballad while standing still at center stage, but “All in Love Is Fair” was by far her most emotionally gripping performance of the season, falling to an intimate whisper then rising to bombastic/awesome heights. She’s perhaps one uptempo success away from opening up a commanding lead in the competition.

1. Scotty McCreery (Last Week No. 3) | Managed to countrify Stevie Wonder’s “For Once in My Life” without even a whiff of “Eight Days a Week” stink, continuing his impressive string of hard-to-fault performances. Still, while it’s clear what kind of artist he wants to be and where he’ll fit in at radio, a little variety in tone and tempo will eventually be necessary if he wants a confetti shower at the Nokia in May.

Okay, TVLine readers, it’s your turn. Vote for your favorite in our Idol Leaderboard poll, then post your personal ranking for the Top 11 — and tell me where I got it right, and where I got it wrong — in the comments. Ready, set, prognosticate!

Loading video...

Loading video...

Loading video...

Loading video...

1. Teena says:

I am to the point where I am almost excited to see what James and Haley pull off each week. Go figure!

2. John Berggren says:

I’m still on team Pia, all day every day. I hope she does ROCKET MAN in the key of Kate Bush.

3. John Berggren says:

By the way … no amusing Drag Race recap this week?

4. Caroline says:

While I agree that Pia’s voice is top notch, I wouldn’t put her that high on my list unless she does something very different over the next week or two. Really. It surprises me how bored I can be by someone so talented and, from all appearances, awesome behind the scenes.

I don’t want to jinx my favorite, James, so you put him wherever you like while I hope for great things for him. (Had a dream the other night where I was Rufus to his Bill/Ted self in high school. Heh.)

5. jay says:

Shouldn’t it be ‘awkward-dance free’ not ‘awkward dance-free’.

6. Bubba says:

I’m having trouble settling on a favorite. I still like Casey and Stefano. But Piaand Scotty have been more consitent. However, I am slowly becoming a massive James fan. Depending on how this week goes, I think I might be voting for James.

7. Logistics says:

TVLine LOVES Pia! Rightfully so.

8. mr clean says:

Who is going to sing ‘dont let the sun go down on me’? You know someone will……

• Tonya says:

Yes, it wouldn’t be Idol if someone didn’t sing a song that’s been sung on the show a million times before!

9. WhiteLady says:

I could live with any of Thia, Jacob, Naima, Paul, or Casey being eliminated. Any of the other 6 going home would annoy me a lot. I’m hoping it won’t be a Katelyn Epperly + Alex Lambert massacre.

My leaderboard:
    #1. Pia Toscano: better do an uptempo though, vocals are flawless.
    #2. Lauren Alaina: interview packages apart, it seems like she’s not even in third gear yet. Could be smart of her so she doesn’t peak too soon.
    #3. Scotty McCreery
    #4. James Durbin
    #5. Hayley Reinhart: I actually like her vocals quite a bit and like her personality a lot!
    #6. Stefano Langone
    #7. Jacob Lusk: hoping he’ll keep it dialed-down.
    #8. Casey Abrams: hoping he’ll redeem himself.
    #9. Paul McDonald: hasn’t won me over yet, only liked Blackbird (mostly because of Kendra) and the last bit of last week’s performance. To me he comes across as quite conceited.
    #10. Naima Adedapo: good instincts but pretty pitchy vocals.
    #11. Thia Megia: yawn!

• LOL says:

I don’t think that is smart of Lauren if she is doing that. I think it would make her a immature loser because she has been boring me to death these last weeks.

10. RTW says:

Good list, but I would’ve knocked Scotty out of no. 1 and put him after Lauren (so he’d be no. 4). I still don’t think he fully comprehends what he’s singing and I haven’t yet felt a connection. He has a secret weapon though and that’s his guitar (still remembering Hollywood week’s Long Black Train that came out of left field). Predicting he’ll whip that out when he’s running into trouble.

• Em says:

I agree I would put Scotty down the list as well. I was not feeling his performance at all. I’m not a fan of changing a song to such an extreme just to fit into your “niche.” That being said, even without the best performance his fans are still going crazy for him. Good point about pulling out the guitar when he needs it. I have no worries what spot he will take in the competition. He’s already got a record deal in the bag.

Excellent points with Lauren Michael. She just needs some good media training boot camp. I can see she isn’t as careful with her on camera image as the other contestants are ie.Pia (that said Pia at times seems too controlled which leaves her bland). The reason is because she is too young and doesn’t understand the game but with the proper coaching she could be a force to be reckoned with. I do believe there is money making potential with her. Youngn’s need someone to fill the Mily Cyrus hole.

As for James, I think he did a great bounce to the forefront this week. And some huge pimping segments with the Hulk wrestling and the pimp spot in the performance show. He has a great voice if he continues to learn how to control it. Truthfully though I don’t see his market viability at the moment. Artists like him are not selling at the moment… if only we had a time machine…

11. Beanbag says:

This is my rank in terms of potential: 1. Pia 2. Jacob 3. Scotty 4. Paul 5. James 6. Casey 7. Lauren 8. Thia 9. Haley 10. Stephano 11. Naima

Casey has great musicality, and dare I say, can be sexy. but his overconfidence pushes him into the silly realm. He needs to give us a mature, heartfelt performance.

Thia – when you just listen to & don’t watch her performance last week, it sounds more emotive. It was a terrible idea to put her in that frilly, pink, baby doll dress. It made her seem amateur. That said, she comes across as someone who is being presssured into this competition and not yet ready, b/c it doesn’t seem like she knows who she is as an artist, and has trouble bringing artistic sensibilities to her singing.

Jacob has so much potential. He blew me away last week. He has the ability to really move people when he sings. he just needs to know when to rein it in.

Lauren – her immaturity and inexperience really hamper her in her ability to bring true emotion to her singing.

Stefano – great singer, and I think he has more potential than he has shown us. During Hollywood week, he played piano and I believe an original song. I’d like to see more of that.

Haley – she has a soulful voice, but she comes across as trying too hard to be sexy

Scotty – has a deep, sexy wonderful voice, but I agree with a lot of people who call him a one note. I think it’s b/c he’s so young, doesn’t have the life experience to connect with lyrics and is still finding his singing style. He also needs to control his awkwardness.

Pia. great voice and potential to be one of the great divas of our time

Paul – great musicality and sexy charisma. his voice is an acquired taste, but I had heard that he has nodules in his vocal cords, which may be the cause of some of the scratchiness in his voice.

Naima- I give her credit for taking risks and being herself, but other than the dancing, I don’t find her vocal style to be unique.

James – last two weeks he’s really showed restraint and a great tone to his voice. he can move around stage like a professional and really rock out. But I can’t help, but compare him to Adam Lambert and I’m not sure if he’s better than Adam.

12. CzarekM says:

Paul is definitely an insult to all the decent viewers. His presence on the show can be explained only by the dominance of screaming acne-infected teen girls among the voters. I am personally offended by having to watch this drunk trying to poorly impersonate Rod Steward.
    We already had Rod Steward, and I don’t think there is a need for a poorly executed copy.
    Mr Slezak – your chart is completely irrelevant and has no value. Just like your opinions. You are desperately struggling to stay in business by conforming to immature hyperactive tweens and you are failing badly.

• Merrilyn says:

So why did you read the article, much less feel compelled to comment?

• stevenjaba says:

@ CzarekM – I suspect you are a troll. Regardless though, if you are going to strenuously defend Rod Stewart, you should learn to spell his name correctly.

• CzarekM says:

I am the same kind of troll like everybody on this board, including you my dear and Mr. Slezak himself.
        This spelling or another – doesn’t change the message. Paul is a poorly executed copy of Rod Stewart (with d or t – the same drunk nonsense as his copy on AI 10).
        Mr Slezak decided to align with the tweens thinking it will bring him some relevance. Good luck!

• c says:

Same kind? I don’t know. I’m the troll who turns to stone in The Hobbit. Makes it kinda hard to snark. Oh, wait…

• Katillac says:

I can’t imagine ANY tweens voting for Paul. I think he’s getting the Cougar vote, as that demographic would be the same who’d actually like Rod Stewart (certainly not tweens).

• Sara says:

Is Rod Steward related to Rod Stewart. You are a music genius.

• swthompson says:

Rod Steward. Interesting.

• Brittany says:

I am not a screaming acne-infected teen, but I like Paul. I am also aware that he has not been performing well or as well as he could (i.e. the Beatles week in Vegas), but there is still something about him that I like. He has the potential to be a lot better than his performances, which is more than I can say for some of the performances. I enjoy the tone of his voice, and I prefer his drunk dancing over the slutty moves of Haley, Pia/Thia just standing there, Jacob eating air and the mic whilst singing, Scotty’s leaning and awkwardly holding the mike horizontally with two hands (apparently his mic is made of lead), Casey’s growling/facial expressions, or anything related to Stefano.

13. brandy says:

Love. me. some. Haley. That lipstick mess made me fall in love with her. Power voting for her all the way!

14. Yo says:

I am hoping Scot catches a minor, but highly contagious disease that forces him into quarantine, so that he drops out of this competition. I have said from the get-go he does not need this competition, he has a contract. He still does, so he can go home now and leave the confetti for another deserving candidate.

I think this competition is otherwise very wide open and most-recent-performance driven. Anything could happen, even a Lusk move ahead if he chills his vocals a and delivers a cool, as opposed to a white-hot, performance.

15. Jen says:

Hey Michael? You do know you and Annie have the exact same list? What, did you two confer on this?

And I can’t really argue with most of it, though I’d leave #1 undecided and move Scotty down a few pegs. The boy bores me. Sure he’s got a great voice, but he bores me. Same with Pia. I like personality in a voice.

• Lizabeth says:

Their lists aren’t the exact same, but they are very similar. =)

I kind of agree with you about Scotty and Pia. They both sing well, but kind of bore me. I actually thought James would be in the #1 spot due to the fact that he seems to improve most weeks and that he is somewhat entertaining. I didn’t like him at all by the time we go to the top 24, but he has started to grow on me.

16. sara says:

I am so not getting the Scotty love. He is literally a one note singer, and his cocky and smug demeanor is becoming painful to watch.

Team Haley all the way!

• stevenjaba says:

I’m not a Scotty fan (James Durbin all the way). That said, I want to defend his demeanor a bit. It’s painful, yes, but I don’t think it’s because he’s smug. I think it’s just because he’s just very, very awkward. I’m from NC too and his demeanor is very typical ’round these parts.

17. Who_New says:

You’ve got to be kidding me. Scotty’s was absolutely, without doubt, the worst part of last week’s show. He MURDERED “For Once in my Life” and I don’t mean that in a “yay, he killed it!” sort of way. If he does an appropriate country song, he has a cool voice and he does his best with the options AI gives him but he cannot do any other genre than country without sounding ridiculous. And, honestly, I can listen to him but I have to keep my eyes closed or I’m so annoyed by the constant mugging and singing out of the side of his face. He looks like he’s trying to look sexy and seductive but he has zero smoulder. Zilch. Can’t stand to look at him.
    All in all, I think he’s likeable as a person but belongs more on a country singer reality show than American Idol and should definitely not be #1 after last week’s horrible, ear-abusing slaughter of one of my favorite songs. I almost threw up in my mouth a little listening to it. American Idol needs to give him more suitable choices if they want to keep him around.

18. Mike says:

How can Pia be faulted for singing mostly ballads while Scotty gets praised for singing everything as a country song? He should definitely be lower on the list.

Haley’s got a good voice and sings well, but the bottom line for me is that I never enjoy what she does. With two people out, I bet she’s toast this week. Who else should be lower? Paul. He sang an Elton John song two weeks ago and it was terrible.

19. Laurel says:

I just can’t sit through ANOTHER Pia BALLAD.
    I don’t care if she sings it well she needs to sing something different.
    And on Elton John night I doubt that she will be able to resist yet ANOTHER BALLAD. UGH !
    It so she should drop way down the list.

20. Templar says:

Michael: Can you answer a question for me? When the contestants get the songbook, in this case Sir Elton’s, who gets to pick first? What if two singers want the same song/ How is this decided? Thank you in advance.

21. L says:

I’m with Mike. Scotty does the absolute same thing with every song, “let’s make it country”, Josh Turner. He’s very boring. Pia is my number one. Her vocals are exquisite-you get goose bumps listening to her. I’m also now on the James bandwagon. I hated him in auditions and really like him now. Lauren can sing, but her personality leaves too much to be desired. Paul is terrible. Jacob redeemed himself last week, let’s hope he can keep doing a good job. Haley is cute and has good vocals. Stefano shouldn’t be thrown under the bus because of one bad performance, although he shouldn’t attempt anything that David Cook did ever again. I like Naima, but hope she can become more consistent. Casey was my number one, but unless he is very different this week, I’m over him. Thia has a technically good voice, but doesn’t bring anything even interesting to the show.

So, in my opinion, Pia is the one to beat.

22. Rusty says:

I remember being annoyed when Haley got into the top twelve over the likes of Kendra and Rachel (who despite her horrendous semi-final performance, I thought might be a really unique and interesting addition to the show.) But Haley has definitely been growing on me every week and I actually went so far as to vote for her last week (when I have never participated in the voting before.) With the largely undeserved negative producer/judge feedback and with her voice being so on-point and her personality so endearing, I think she’s a really deserving underdog, and I kind of like that.

23. WhiteLady says:

Scotty McCreery on Facebook:
    “showday! Cant wait for tonight! I had never heard the song im singing tonight before i chose it. haha. any guesses? or any songs yall hope i’m doing?”

Doesn´t look good…

24. JBSFan101 says:

Oh come on, you put Stefano (seriously?), Casey, and Scotty at #1, but you can’t put Pia at #1 for one week?

25. Merrilyn says:

I’m having a hard time picking a favorite at the moment. Going into the competition, Casey and Paul were at the top of my list, but Casey has disappointed me with all the growling/grimacing/devil-possessed bit. I still love Paul, but I think he has a hard time doing covers. It seems like he has a hard time inhabiting his song choices, or singing them from his heart. But I would buy his album!

Pia has one of the most beautiful voices I’ve ever heard in my life. She is pitch-perfect, completes her phrases, and emotionally connects with her music. And yet, I would probably not buy her album at this point. Just not my kind of music.

And dare I say it, but James Durbin is growing on me! I couldn’t stand him before, but he knocked my socks off during Beatles week, and I really enjoyed his performance last week as well.

• Summer says:

You absolutely SHOULD go out and buy Paul and his band’s current album! It is phenomenal from top to bottom and features the original song he sang for the judges before they selected the top 24!! The album is the “Grand Magnolias” with the band of the same name and it is available on iTunes!

26. Deb says:

Pia is, as Simon would say, a “one note.” She really needs to get another note or two to be taken seriously as a contemporary singer but she could do Broadway though. To be honest, none of the contestants make me go “WOW, they could be the next big thing”, or even the next little thing. Surprisingly James has impressed me most as someone who could make it as a recording artist but wouldn’t buy his stuff because that’s not what I listen to.
    Still, there are weeks to go and time left to impress.

27. ohbabs says:

I can see Pia singing the National Anthem at some football game and maybe doing a christmas special. yawn.

28. Cat says:

This is such a weird season! I actually don’t dislike contestants because of their inabilities to sing (everyone’s really pretty good!) but because of grating personality traits (see: Haley, James, Scotty).

29. Maggie says:

Scotty is certainly not my favorite (Pia! Pia! Pia! Go girl!!!) but there’s no doubt the little country dude has a juggernaut for a fanbase. Not at Soul Patrol level, but pretty close. Problem is I don’t think he’s gaining any new fans, so that could cause someone else to sneak in. Like Slezak, I think top four will inevitably be Scotty, Pia, James and Lauren. Not too shabby of a final four.

Also, not to get all Lauren-like in the whiny and sulky department, but I really, really, really, really don’t want another guy to win. Enough already. If a girl contestant like Pia can’t win this darn show than there is no hope of a female winner again. (I don’t buy the boring and bland jabs against her. Sorry. If her voice doesn’t do it for you than I don’t know what to say)

30. Dan says:

#1. Casey Abrams
    #2. Jacob Lusk
    #3. Pia Toscano
    #4. Lauren Alaina
    #5. Paul McDonald
    #6. James Durbin
    #7. Stefano Langone
    #8. Scotty McCreery
    #9. Naima Adedapo
    #10. Thia Megia
    #11. Hayley Reinhart

31. flyaway says:

Yes, to the hat drawing if two contestants want the same song. I remember Allison teasing Anoop because he “won” Beat It for Michael Jackson nite. Didn’t work out so well for him.

32. Robin Lemke says:

#1 Pia – she has the strongest voice, and she hasn’t bombed. I don’t even care about uptempo, but she should do something more pop feeling to make it to the Nokia. That said, even if she doesn’t, I thinks he’s got the top three locked in.

#2 Lauren – though it’s hard for me to type. I just didn’t get all the hype about her, and then, week after week, she doesn’t make me want to fast forward her.

As a side note, both of these ladies would benefit from some actual, Simon-esque here’s what you need to do criticism.

#3 Paul – ooo, controversial, but he gets points for being not quite like anyone I know right now and if I close my eyes when he sings I love to listen to him. He’s cute, too, he just needs to hang onto that guitar and hold still.

#4 Scotty – great voice, love country, needs to stop the sideways thing. I blame you, Michael, for bringing this to my attention and now it’s all I can see!

#5 Naima – she could be great, she could be a train wreck each week – kinda like Siobhan Magnus, but I have yet to see her do anything as great as Paint it Black (which I downloaded to my ipod in video form and watch over and over still)

#6 Stephano – it’s all there for him, just keep those eyes open and don’t go for the cheese

#7 Casey – wow, all the way down in the 7th spot. He could change this with a return to actually singing.

#8 Haley – great voice, but her attitude and weirdly trying to be sexy but not pulling it off dancing isn’t gonna endear her to the voting public like it needs to. If she can sweeten up and stand up tall, she could do tons better.

#9 Thia – oh yes, I put her in front of James, yes I did! She has a beautiful voice, she just needs to use it properly.

#10 James – Just. Don’t. Get. It. His voice seems flat – not too low, but emotionally flat, despite all the crying. And I don’t think it has a very pretty tone. This was especially obvious when he sang Bon Jovi (whose voice is so beautiful).

#11 Jacob – Please. Make it stop.

33. Truth says:

Haley is like a wart that you like, and it grows on you.

34. Colonel says:

This is my list:
    #1. James
    #2. Thia
    #3. Scotty
    #4. Haley
    #5. Pia
    #6. Naima
    #7. Lauren
    #8. Casey
    #9. Stefano
    #10. James
    #11. Paul

And you know what? My list is as important as yours. In other words my list’s value is equal zero – just like yours, Michael. Complete zero. No value. Just my own private list based on my own private opinion. :))))

35. Lily says:

Leaderboard before the performances tonight:

#1. Pia Toscano – far ahead of the pack.
    #2. Scotty McCreery – I can deal with the eyebrow and the lean, and I’m not even a country fan.
    #3. James Durbin – lose the tail! but he’s been consistently good
    #4. Stefano Langone – has the singing ability, but I think he’s being produced to death.
    #5. Casey Abrams – one of my favorites actually, just needs to sing and not growl.
    #6 Lauren Alaina: meh. Nice voice, but too young to know what to do with it.
    #7. Hayley Reinhart: I should probably rank her higher than Lauren, because she’s more entertaining. I think she’d stay in it longer if she looked at how Pia presents herself and tried a little more of that regal diva style.
    #8. Jacob Lusk: he can’t contain the talent, I wish he would watch Adam Lambert’s “Mad World” and consider how to have a quiet, powerful moment.
    #9. Naima Adedapo: was my early favorite but it seems like she’s singing the wrong songs, in the wrong key, or maybe she’s just concentrating too much on dancing and not enough on singing.
    #10 Paul McDonald: spastic dancing makes me cringe; his singing is ok but not really that special – Kendra was the key to the duets that made him stand out originally.
    #11. Thia Megia – Slezak nails it that she’s all about getting an “A” on her assignment. Will sing every Disney and princess song, and the voice has a grating quality.

36. Czarek says:

Thia, it was unbelievably beautiful performance! I don’t know why those immature dudes want to kick you in the teeth, it has to do probably with your age and they have a problem with it.
    To me you sing above all others! Good job!
    Whoever likes Thia – vote, vote, vote!

• Katillac says:

This DID sing that song beautifully, but she has no personality. Must say though I felt the same way about Carrie Underwood when she was on AI, but she eventually learned. Maybe Thia can learn how to perform too. She’s got a gorgeous voice.

37. Tod says:

I don’t even like country but Scotty mcCreery is by far the most talented on idol. Even if he dos’nt win he’ll still have a great career as a country artist. He’s truly the most natural talent on the idol stage!

• Katillac says:

Scotty isn’t my favorite, but I thought he did really well tonight. My favs tonight were Pia, Lauren, Scotty, and Thia.

38. paige says:

A slow version of “whip my hair” by Karen would have gone down in history… AS the worst idol performance of all time. I’m almost sad we never got to see it. And Michael, I knew you would jump on the Haley bandwagon (even if it is begrudgingly) eventually. She’s probably got the strongest voice on the show. I don’t know what American doesn’t seem to like her.

39. Ellen says:

Screw the list. I’m not a list person. I’m trying to figure out what type of album any of them would make (at this point) that would hold my attention. Scotty puts me to sleep (but I am not a country fan) vs. Lauren who could totally do the pop/country thang. I could not listen to a Casey album, Namia or Stefano album. James… depends on what they do with him. Paul already has his niche and with the right music could sell. Jacob needs to go to Hollywood and get a slot on GLEE. Pia is amazing but what would she sell? Thia… send her to X Factor and let Cowell rake her over the coals. Lastly, I could see Haley doing a bluesy thing. I actually like her. I just don’t have a favorite this year. I haven’t even downloaded one song yet from itunes. The talent is there… nothing has “jumped out” at me yet.