FX To Announce Justified Renewal On Tuesday

Get More: Renewals

FX is expected to announce Tuesday evening at its annual upfront presentation that it has renewed Justified for a third season.

The Thursday-night animated spy-comedy Archer is also on the verge of a third-season pick-up, but that deal might not be done in time for the upfront event, a source now tells TVLine.

The TVLine-Up: Lights Out, Justifed and More TV Worth Watching This Week

Justified’s good news comes on the heels of FX sharing its decision to not bring Lights Out back for a second season, due to disappointing viewership. (The boxing drama’s final two episodes air tonight and next Tuesday.)

Exclusive: Parks and Rec Beauty Visits FX’s Wilfred

Ausiello and I will be hitting said aformentioned FX upfront event, which will be well-populated by stars of Justified and Archer as well as Sons of Anarchy, It’s Always Sunny…, The League, Louie, Rescue Me and the new Wilfred (premiering in June and starring Elijah Wood). Got a burning question for any of the above shows? Share it in comments, and we’ll try to pass it along.

Tags: , ,

Comments (26)

• Matt, I have a Fox question…Human Target. Would you see if you can get any info on its status? Thanks!

Comment by Renee – March 29, 2011 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oops. Sorry. Guess I need more coffee. I saw FX and thought Fox.

Comment by Renee – March 29, 2011 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • good catch of your mistake… I had to do a double take when I read your first comment

Comment by Lil Jo – March 29, 2011 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This may be a longshot and may not be covered in an upfront, but is there any chance FX will pick up reruns of “The Simpsons”? I miss seeing Springfield every day of the week…

Comment by Matt – March 29, 2011 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No burning question in particular, but any updates on Sons of Anarchy would be nice.

Comment by Ava – March 29, 2011 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Especially the sex of the BABY!!!!

Comment by Gina – March 29, 2011 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It will be a boy for sure. I read an interview where Kurt Sutter hinted that it would be a boy. It is called SONS of Anarchy after all.

Comment by Green – March 29, 2011 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Will Kenny Johnson’s character Kozik be patched in during season 4?

Comment by MCS – March 29, 2011 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could you get an update on FX’s development slate..Outlaw Country, Powers, & American Horror Story?

Comment by Lee – March 29, 2011 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • any chance of another network picking up Lights Out?

Comment by rory – March 29, 2011 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Justified! I’m really enjoying the 2nd season. Timothy Olyphant and Walt Goggins are just awesome. The rest of the cast is great too.

Comment by Elizabeth – March 29, 2011 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So pleased to hear that Justified has been renewed. I enjoyed the first season mostly because I have always like Timothy Olyphant but I have to say it didn’t light my fire. But the second season has been fantastic. The writing has improved incredibly and each episode has been remarkable. The standalone stories are superb and the characters are really starting to come into their own, especially Boyd and who doesn’t love Mags Bennett? Looking forward to seeing where they go with her. The last two episodes with Wynona’s cash-stealing conundrum were some of the most tense episodes of TV I’ve ever seen. Great stuff! I just hope it keeps up this level of quality.

Comment by Charlene – March 29, 2011 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve yet to be disappointed by an episode of #Justified. I look forward to happy dancing when Season 3 renewal is officially announced.

Comment by CandyMaize – March 29, 2011 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will Louie airing in primetime force it to reign in some of its more risque content?

Comment by Dude – March 29, 2011 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so happy Justified is going to renewed. The writing is great and the character development is well done. We learn a little more about the characters with each episode.

Comment by Juliab – March 29, 2011 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can we get some info on Sons of Anarchy? How will the 4th season look? How much time will have passed from the finale will they all be getting out of prison? Also will Abel’s mom Wendy ever be seen again? We never really found out where she went she just disappeared between seasons.

Comment by erica – March 29, 2011 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Get some Sons Of Anarchy S4 scoop that doesn’t involve Tara, Gemma or Jax. I care more about the other members of SAMCRO.

Comment by Charlie – March 29, 2011 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This would be good too. Maybe something on Juice or Tig.

Comment by erica – March 29, 2011 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First, I’m so glad Jusitified is going to be renewed – it’s such a fantastic show, and one I almost didn’t watch because it seemed too ‘western’. Even though it seems like Mags Bennett will have to meet her maker or go to jail by season’s end, I kind of hope she doesn’t because she is the best thing to happen to an already amazing cast – I can’t think of another character who can switch so cleanly between nurturing maternal figure and crazed psycho like she can.

As for my question, this is likely more for Shawn Ryan, but in case FX has any inside info, I’m DYING to know more about when we can expect Terriers on dvd.

Comment by Nicole – March 29, 2011 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Questions re: It’s Always Sunny…

1) Is the coming season the last? Please say no. What kind of interest does the cast and creative team have in doing another 2, 3, 4 years?
    2) Are they doing another musical this year?

Comment by RBD – March 29, 2011 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • when is It’s Always Sunny… coming back!??!?! I miss it!!

Comment by Gina – March 29, 2011 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My questions are about Archer.

How did you come with the cancer story arc and was it an easy decision to sustain?

You gave a few supporting characters like Woodhouse a backstory in season two. Who would you like to develop in season three?

Comment by Dwigt – March 29, 2011 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I laughed so hard during both of the male breast cancer episodes of Archer that my throat actually hurt by the end of each episode. Great stuff!

Comment by darclyte – March 29, 2011 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have a couple of questions about Justified. First, why has the character of Ava been in such a limited role this season? Second, can we expect to see more of Arlo Givens in season 2? The relationship between Raylan and his father is fantastic, and it’s very compelling to watch.

Comment by Amber – March 29, 2011 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to watch The Simpsons on FX in September of this year 2011 because I miss Springfield and the characters because The Simpsons is funny and sometimes I don’t have time to watch it on syndacation because I’m always out of the house when The Simpsons are on. I hope The Simpsons will rerun on FX in September because it’s my favorite TV Show and I want to the the 22 Seasons reruns of The Simpsons on FX because I miss that show alot. I wish The Simpsons will rerun 7 days a week and every night on FX and I hope it will rerun in September so I can watch the complete series.

Comment by Luis – April 24, 2011 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved the ending of the second season ofJustified and wanted to know when we can expect to see the 3rd season. Please don’t make us wait forever to watch it!!!

Comment by Linda Elkins – May 5, 2011 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post