Dancing With the Stars Results: The First Eliminated Contestant Is...

Nobody likes to be the first one to leave the party, but that’s exactly what went down tonight during the first results-show telecast of Dancing With the Stars‘ twelfth season. Indeed, one celebrity hoofer joined what Tom Bergeron called the “august group” of Round One evictees that includes Jeffrey Ross, David Hasselhoff, and Kenny Mayne.

Before Tom and Robo Brooke Burns sent to the guillotine the couple with the lowest combination of viewer votes and judges’ scores, we were treated to the debut performance of the “Dancing With the Stars (Probably Young Enough to Be Your Children) Troupe” and two songs by a really annoying guy in a light-up suit whose name I just don’t feel like mentioning. Instead of dwelling on his multiple bad acts, let’s get to the important information — tonight’s results:

Sugar Ray Leonard and Anna Trebunskaya
“Psycho” Mike Catherwood and Lacey Schwimmer
Wendy Williams and Tony Dovolani

Sugar Ray Leonard and Anna Trebunskaya
“Psycho” Mike Catherwood and Lacey Schwimmer

Mike Catherwood and the chick with the rock-hard abs and terrible dye job

“It’s been such an amazing experience overall. It sucks to be sent home first, but I’ve made a lot of good friends,” said Catherwood, who added it was an honor to join DWTS‘ “Mt. Rushmore of terrible dancers.”

And with that, I turn it over to you. What did you think of the Dancing With the Stars Troupe? Were there any members of the sextet you’d like to see joining DWTS‘ band of pros? Any thoughts or feelings about Brooke’s heinous white structural minidress? Sound off in the comments, and let us know in our poll if the right couple went home!

1. jonathan says:

cant wait to listen to Kevin and Bean tmrw morning

2. nikkigirl says:

Thank you for not talking about he who shall not named and thanks for mentioning Lacey’s terrible hair.

3. cjinsd says:

Yep, the right couple went home. Not only did I get all my points in MJ’s pool, but I don’t have to look at Lacey’s hideous ‘do anymore. That girl is a mess.

• Leah says:

You’re in a DWTS pool?? Ooh I’m so jealous, I totally miss the one that ABC.com used to do. Which one is it, and can others join??

4. Lindsey says:

I think everyone knew Mike and Lacey were gonna go home first… Like Mike said, no one knew who he was AND he couldn’t dance. I will miss their entertainment value though… At least Mike and Lacey provided some comic relief, unlike some other couples like Wendy/Tony and Petra/Dmitry… But whatever, they all need to go at some point, before we can crown Hines, Ralph or Kirstie the winner!

5. Mia Pia Zia says:

This was one of those rare occurences in Reality TV that the least talented actually went home first! Yay America!! + He was also the most annoying, the least known and a all around d-bag.
    So.. I’m happy :)

6. Emily says:

I really really wish Samantha Harris would decide to come back so we could get rid of Brooke Burke. I’ve liked her on other things but this just doesn’t seem to be a good fit. I wish they would have picked Drew as Samantha’s replacement. He did awesome when she was on maternity leave!

7. agrimesy says:

Thank you for not mentioning DWTS’s guest. I’m glad about who went home first. I wish Kirstie and Ralph all the luck in the world, and I hope they go far in the competition. I won’t be watching.

8. bena says:

BrookeBot’s dress was horrid!! And I think the right couple were eliminated tonight. Wendy and Petra should be following soon.

9. Elizabeth says:

Thank you sweet baby Jesus, I do not have to look at her hair anymore.

10. Cher_Bear says:

Thank you for not talking about the d-bag guest ( I changed the channel while he was on). And damnit I wanted RuPaul…oops… I mean Wendy Williams to go! She is the Bristol Palin of this group.

• Kim R says:

Oh my word. My husband came in at one point & asked me if Wendy W was really a man in drag. So funny you mentioned this in your comment. I explained she was not! :) I am sorry to see Mike go. He was so funny & not bad to look at either. I know neither have anything to do with dancing but whatever! :)

11. Becky says:

The dress…ack the dress! So horrid. Right folks went home. Ew, I really dislike Lacey for some reason…

12. Mel31602 says:

Does anyone else think the Asian boy at the beginning of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Nameds first song was one of the kids from Future Funk, that young dancing duo from AGT last year? It looked just like him.

13. Jessiekins says:

Do people still watch this show? It’s the tackiest, most ridiculous thing ever. How is it a show purportedly of stars when the top two names are stars from the 1980s?!? Put us out of our misery already.

14. Teresa says:

The good news is that Lacey will now have time to dye her hair.

Mike Catherwood has his fans. I’m just not sure his fans and DWTS fans would intersect on a Venn Diagram. The only thing I knew about him prior to this season was that he made an inappropriate joke about someone I like. But it was awhile ago and I didn’t want to hold it against him.

Then in his first video package, he cracked that joke about being glad he didn’t get a Russian pro and that was it for me. You don’t succeed on DWTS by dredging up the Cold War.

15. Feeling Catty says:

I don’t really care so much about that Mike guy one way or another, but I do really like Lacey Schwimmer, I think she’s funny. I do wish the first person to go had been that (woman?) Wendy Williams. Seriously, that’s a man, right? Kendra can be next just so I don’t have to listen to that annoying laugh anymore or suffer through a possible visit of Hugh Hefner or Holly Madison to the spectator’s seats. And shame on DWTS for featuring that woman-beating he who shall not be named as the performer. Men who do that kind of thing should be in jail, not making moolah, gaining fame, and being applauded on TV.

• Susan H. says:

Yes, the right one went home; Wendy needs to get used to wearing contacts; and I’m so glad others were thinking the same as I last night about that woman-beating hoodlum. He should not get one second of airtime anywhere! Does anybody know the name of the song the pros danced to?

16. adam b. says:

i think Wendy Williams should have gone first, then Mike and Lacey. Also what’s with all the hating on Lacey, she’s great.

17. MK says:

I liked Mike’s personality. If anyone could have made him a dancer, it would be Lacey. I like Lacey a lot. I hoped it would have been Kendra who went. She whines too much. Wendy Williams is also someone I could live without. And Tony is my least favorite pro. He’s kind of boring.

Anyway…I’m sorry he went first. He had a cute personality and was nice to look at.

18. chistosa says:

Yes Mel31602, I think that was the dancer from AGT as well. My husband noticed it before I did.

I am glad that Mike and Lacey were the first ones off. Did anyone else feel that there is no need for a DWTS dance troupe? I always enjoy the pros, both those competing and not competing, who perform at the results shows. The troupe seems unnecessary. And while they danced well in the opening with the pros, they were not that notable in their own piece. Just my opinion.

19. Yolanda says:

Does anybody know the name of the song the Troupe Dancers danced to last night Not Dance with the music the very last one. i just loved it.

20. Cricket Girl says:

I think the reason the Troupe of Unbelievably Young Dancers was created was to a) provide a pool of would-be replacements for the current crop of teacher/choreographer/dancers who are becoming incredibly busy at projects outside of and beyond DWTS and b) to give that same current crop of t/c/d’s a chance to focus more on their stars and less on the Tuesday night filler.

Not that I don’t love watching the pros dance, because I do, but I have often wondered how that affected the teaching & choreography part of what the pros do for the competition. Think especially about those pros who are not/were not strong choreographers, like Edyta. Love to watch her dance – her routines were about as exciting as watching mud dry.

21. Jackson says:

This sucked cause they were my favorite couple besides Ralph and karina but still was lame to see them leave

22. David says:

What’s with all the chris brown hate. That’s right, i’m not going to be a pathetic childish hypocrit who “won’t mention his name.” I wish people put this much energy into ignoring Charlie Sheen who is ten times more of a mess. Who has beaten, shot and locked girls in closets yet he gets millions of twitter followers in hours. Chris gets upset about questions he’s answered for 2 years several times and throws a chair and no one wants to mention his name? Grow up!

• Marc says:

Yeah I feel so bad for this guy: He had to answer questions that his people actually approved before the interview! *gasp!* If he didn’t want to be asked those questions, all he had to do was veto them before the interview. Do you know why no one asks Miley Cyrus questions about her dad? Because her people veto those questions… it’s really that simple and isn’t hard to do. Do you think a network (especially one owned by Disney) is going to risk alienating someone who has such a massive tween fanbase by provoking him unnecessarily?

I am all for moving on but this is the guy’s COMEBACK album. How can he call it a comeback album and not expect to be asked questions about what he’s coming back from? I just think it’s ridiculous that he took this big hissy fit and tried acting like the victim when he could’ve avoided the situation altogether. Buddy still has anger management issues regardless of what Charlie Sheen does or doesn’t do.

I’m not sure what deflecting attention away from his own issues has to do with his ridiculous behaviour but obviously there’s always a sucker who will believe that this jack wagon is the victim. He only beat the crap out of a woman but everyone should forget that — especially since he’s obviously proven his great judgement by throwing a chair through a window and ripping off his shirt after an interview to deal with his anger: An interview that he and his people approved the questions for.

• Amber says:

So if you’re the only non-hypocrite in this bunch, are you saying you refuse to judge the guy because you happily admit you beat women too? And therefore we are all hypocrites for judging him because we all secretly beat women as well? I do not beat women. I do not consider myself to be a hypocrite in judging Chris Brown for doing it. And I am a little upset that ABC and their Disney owners would give a paying gig to such a horrible person who really should be in jail. And I applaud CBS for firing Charlie Sheen. They are obviously a superior network with better morals. But then again, nobody has ever accused the Disney Corporation as having great morals.

23. sunny says:

“two songs by a really annoying guy in a light-up suit whose name I just don’t feel like mentioning.” I love you Michael Slezak!!!

24. David says:

To marc; I don’t think he was or is a victim. That behavior is, as you said, completely ridiculous. I agree with most everything you said. I was merely voicing frustration that we vilify one arist and put another on a pedestal for the same eractic destructive d-baggery behavior. I would have had no problem with Slezak simply saying “I’m not going to comment on the musical guest.” That would have been commendable instead of making it a point to call his performance bad and him annoying while other reports I read said he was “electrifying” and he personally on set was very decent and warm. I’m not a fan of CBs and didn’t see the show, I just usually enjoy slezaks recaps (I don’t even watch dancing w/stars but I just wanted to read his recap and I always keep up with who gets voted off for watercoler purpuses) and was disappointed. Sorry dude.

25. krysstess says:

Why not call him Voldemort?

26. krysstess says:

Why not call Mr. Anger Management Voldemort?

27. kryssyess says:

Oops! Sorry! I didn’t think the first one went through!

28. Danielle H. says:

The dancers are more famous then the celebrities this season LOL. Therefore, no real reason to watch. (I am baffled that America considers DWTS must watch TV….)..

29. Susan H. says:

What was the name of the first song all the pros danced to–not the one with just the DWTS “troupe”? AND, why a troupe?