The Office First Look: Meet the New Boss!

Get More: First Look, News, Video

Following Thursday’s hilarious and swoon-worthy proposal-themed episode of The Office, viewers were treated to a first look at Will Ferrell’s April 14 debut as the new Big Cheese in Scranton.

That promo is now embedded below for your viewing pleasure. One important disclaimer: Although the voiceover introduces Ferrell as Michael Scott’s successor, keep in mind that the funny guy is only slated to stick around for four episodes — presumably to ease the transition between Colorado-bound Michael and his real (and still top-secret) heir apparent.

Ask Ausiello: Major Spoilers on Grey’s Anatomy, Fringe, Smallville, House and More!

Enjoy! And when you’re done, scroll down and critique Michael’s question-popping prowess.

Comments (148)

• Only for four episodes, that is better… I don’t like him this much, for a cameo, OK, but not to replace Michael, ever!

Comment by Amanda – March 25, 2011 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • May I be the first to say, huh? I think you forgot people don’t hear your thoughts as they read what you type… but from what I gather you don’t like Will Ferrell that much. Again I say, huh?

Comment by Shelly – March 25, 2011 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I do love Will Ferrell, but I would’ve lloved to see Ricky Gervais come to this show! He would’ve been PERFECT! He portrays a similar ‘funny’ as Steve Carrell. I wll sure miss you Michael Scott!

Comment by Jillian – March 28, 2011 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yeah, I’m not a huge Will Ferrell fan either.

Comment by Amber – March 25, 2011 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Will Ferrell is a BRILLIANT choice!
      Both characters are ridiculously funny-now all we have to add is John C. Riley teaming-up with Packer and you’ve got yourself another hit series!

Comment by UtahMan – March 25, 2011 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I reacall reading he is not in it for the long run – this is only for four episodes. He doesn’t need the work.

Comment by Snsetblaze – March 25, 2011 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Did you read that, I don’t know, say, in this article? :P

Comment by eliott256 – March 25, 2011 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • This is the funniest reply/comment I’ve ever read. I seriously laughed.

Comment by Christine – March 25, 2011 08:31 PM PDT
        • Are you sure about not needing the work? Based on his last few box office bombs, he may just need the job. Funny or Die doesn’t pay that much.

Comment by Bob – March 28, 2011 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Are you referring to his last movie, Megamind, that made $148 million? Or maybe the one before that, The Other Guys, that made $119 million? Yeah, this guy is box office poison. (That’s sarcasm in case you didn’t realize).

Comment by Rich – March 29, 2011 11:55 AM PDT
      • You’re reading my mind! I was just talking about how awesome John C Reilly would be for The Office.

Comment by CD – March 25, 2011 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You hit it on the head UtahMan, I was saying the exact same thing to my husband last night!!!

Too bad he’ll only be on for four episodes….

Ricky Gervais would be the BOMB to replace Steve Carrell!!!!

Comment by anginut – March 25, 2011 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I really wish that Will F. could stay – Love him!!

Comment by Wendy – March 26, 2011 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I will NOT watch the Office ever again if Will Farrell is on it. He’s like fingernails on a blackboard…or a bad rash…very irritating!

Comment by Susan – March 25, 2011 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ferrel is a horrible choice! He couldn’t make me laugh if i was on laughing gas. Better choices: promote Ryan, bring back Charles or David. Jo from Saber. ANYTHING but him (or Gervais for that matter).
        Well if nothing else, this just freed up my Thursday nights. Ugh.

Comment by Mark – March 26, 2011 06:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can’t stand Ricky Gervais. If he eventually replaces Michael, they will have a lost a fan. I really want to give Will Ferrell a chance…

Comment by Michael Plymale – March 26, 2011 02:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t hate Ricky Gervais but he’s not right for this show. What about Danny McBride…

Comment by Ryan – March 26, 2011 05:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Are you for real?? I think that you either don’t know or forget that without Ricky Gervais there would be no ‘The Office’! Seeing as it originated in Britain and Michael is based on RG’s ORIGINAL character of David Brent!!!…oh and not forgetting the fact that it was his creation!!!

Comment by Cazza UK – March 26, 2011 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • well your obviously british so you think a brit should be the right choice. as this is an american program, we dont want to turn on the tv and have the main character be a brit. Nothing on you guys, but would you want to watch a show with a main actor thats american? and besides, gervais has already played michael scott, he wont play a second one

Comment by Dougfresh – April 3, 2011 11:10 PM PDT
        • How can be Ricky Gervais not right fot this show….When he created the show….

Comment by Steve – March 27, 2011 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • you suck

Comment by joe brown – March 26, 2011 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • What’s wrong? Truth hurts? Or is it hard for you to comprehend that a brit can produce top class comedy?

Comment by Cazza UK – March 26, 2011 06:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • dont be a dick he never said anything racist you are the one putting words in his mouth

Comment by Dougfresh – April 3, 2011 11:12 PM PDT
      • They will have only lost one fan, but gained millions more. Ricky IS the office. It would have not existed without him. But then again, there are many others who could do the job, but you can’t replace the character that Steve was. He’s not replaceable.

Comment by Dar – March 27, 2011 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was actually kind of surprised at how touching the proposal was. And I loved that there was no way Michael was going to be proposed to in the breakroom but the perfect place was the HR nook just a few feet away from the breakroom.

Personally, I’m not looking forward to Will Ferrell as the interim boss.

Comment by Tucker – March 25, 2011 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I loved all his ideas and the fact the committee had to talk him out of them all…. It was so well executed. I was so moved by the candle room and the fact they all ran into the sprinklers to congratulate them! :)

Comment by Brock – March 26, 2011 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cannot wait for Will Ferrell! It’ll be an interesting chemistry between him and the others!

Comment by Matt W – March 25, 2011 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s always good to have a “rebound” between serious relationships.

Comment by Mark – March 25, 2011 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WTH. How could somebody hate the proposal? Or even think it was ‘Meh’?

Comment by Sourabh – March 25, 2011 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • because it’s supposed to be a comedy show. Not a soap opera.

Comment by Daniel – March 25, 2011 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It was funny and sweet. There’s no rule that says comedies can’t have heart.

Comment by Amber – March 25, 2011 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • i totally agree . . . take scrubs for example. hysterically funny show yet it was incredibly serious in some episodes

Comment by haylee – March 25, 2011 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Exactly! The Office is one of the most romantic shows I’ve seen in ages. I still get teary thinking of Jim and Pam’s wedding. (and proposal…and first kiss….aw. I just love Jim and Pam!)

Comment by C – March 28, 2011 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Nay, it’s supposed to be a mockumentary. Therefore it has to include some plots and peaks into the character’s lives which is bound to incorporate some emotion. Go watch Family Guy for emotion-less, brain-less comedy.

Comment by Xtaban – March 25, 2011 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If you think Family Guy is “brain-less” then you’ve probably never watched it.

Comment by Seth M. – March 25, 2011 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • If you think Family Guy is not brain-less, you have probably only seen 1 episode.

Comment by spencer – March 25, 2011 01:54 PM PDT
          • Family Guy has it’s clever moments…but that hasn’t happened in years and even then they were rare

Comment by eliott256 – March 25, 2011 06:24 PM PDT
          • If you have watched Family Guy, then you KNOW it’s brain-less.

Comment by ThatBob – March 25, 2011 10:20 PM PDT
      • I agree one hundred percent…..The office is terrible this season, not funny at all! Every character has blended into one bland, not funny person. I found the proposal dull and not at all funny….if you want a soap opera watch All My Children. I want to laugh and The Office just doesn’t make me laugh AT All this season. It’s had its run!

Comment by noosa1999 – March 25, 2011 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh, I so completely disagree. I have really fallen back in love with the show this season. Stop the party pooper-ing!

Comment by Ryan – March 25, 2011 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • In the words of Kevin, right back at ya btch

Comment by Kyle – March 30, 2011 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because it’s supposed to be a comedy show, not a soap opera.

Comment by Daniel – March 25, 2011 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It was funny and sweet. There’s no rule that says a comedy can’t have heart. Sorry if this posts twice, its not showing up the first time for me.

Comment by Amber – March 25, 2011 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • actually if you look up the definition of comedy it says “A DRAMATIC work that is light and often humorous or satirical in tone and that usually contains a happy resolution of the thematic conflict.”
          I also learned in a literature course I took, that in order for something to be considered a comedy, it must contain someone falling in love or some sort of love aspect.
          So if anything, I would say that there is a rule saying that comedy has to have a heart. and has to have some mushy love stuff

Comment by Aren – March 25, 2011 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh really? Was that your feeling when Jim proposed to Pam?

Comment by Tim – March 25, 2011 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought it was “Meh?” because of everyone asking her to marry her before Michael did. That kind of ruined it. If it were reality, you know the lady would be flipping out because she would have known what was going on by then.

Comment by Brooke – March 25, 2011 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree, how could anyone hate that proposal?? ….It brought me to tears, not just because it incorporated the whole staff in an awesome and sweet way, but in my mind he is leaving and I’ll miss him!

Comment by jax – March 25, 2011 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • could be funny. will is def hit or miss. all depends on the material he is given. if it is bad, it will be on the writers, not on will.

Comment by La Flama Blanca – March 25, 2011 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You do realise that if he delivers what the writers give him wrong it could also turn out bad. Scripts and delivery will both be key for Will to be funny, i just dont think he fits in this style. This is Steve’s domain.

Comment by Troy – March 25, 2011 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agree, agree and agree with all comments. I think the point is…will “The Office” ever be the same? I think that Michael is the center of the series. My 70+ year old folks, thought that “Office” was cancelled, already.
        No tiger blood, it seems.

Comment by Leslie – March 25, 2011 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally disagree – this is EXACTLY his domain. I’ve seen almost every movie and SNL skit Will F. has been in and he will make an awesome addition/replacement. It’s just a shame that it’s only 4 episodes!

Comment by Wendy – March 26, 2011 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sigh….. Goodbye Michael!

Comment by Cory – March 25, 2011 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agreed .. watching 4 episodes with Will Ferrell will be painful enough. Having him there full time would kill the show. Period.

Comment by Titch – March 25, 2011 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will Ferrell will be great. My money is on Ricky Gervais reprising his role from the British version as Michael’s replacement.

Comment by Tom Gallagher – March 25, 2011 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the only person who could possibly make the office continue and be as good if not better than it is with Michael Scott would be if David Brent (Ricky Gervais) would be the new boss…. but I know that’s asking too much…..

Comment by Stacie J – March 25, 2011 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @Stacie J as much as I love Ricky Gervais and David Brent, I don’t think I would enjoy David taking over for Michael. The original Office was absolutely brilliant, but the American Office is different. I did not like David Brent. At all. And I don’t think you’re supposed to. Steve Carrell’s Michael Scott is much more sympathetic and likeable. That is what I’m going to miss after April 29:

Comment by JFlartner – March 25, 2011 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t stand Will Ferrell, I’m so disappointed that he’s going to be on The Office.

Comment by Denisse – March 25, 2011 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Then don’t watch it.

Comment by Romeo – March 25, 2011 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awww, only four episodes? Such a tease! I mean Will is perfect for the role, how can you top Will Ferrell?!? Unless of course it’s a huge scam and you’re really keeping Steve Carell on. ~;-)

Comment by Christina – March 25, 2011 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still sometimes wonder whether anyone could suitably replace Michael. In my opinion, they should not really bring in any new character. Just have Dwight rule the office.
    That would be hilarious. :D

Comment by sagnik roychowdhury – March 25, 2011 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Will Ferrell!!! Last year when rumors were going around that Steve Carell was leaving, I told my husband, “they are going to have to replace him (as much as he can be replaced) by someone GOOD like… Will Ferrell or something.”
    I will miss Michael, no doubt about it! But looking forward to what Ferrell will be like on our favorite show.

Comment by Cait – March 25, 2011 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The proposal was well done. I enjoyed the sprinklers going off in the middle as well; just added the right Michael Scott touch.

Will Ferrel will be an interesting addition, temporary or not. I will be watching the remaining four episodes, hoping for the best.

Comment by Jason Douglas – March 25, 2011 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • From what Your comments are, it looks like over half of you don’t want will ferrel. I have to disagree!!!! I’m stoked to have will on there!

Comment by Haley – March 25, 2011 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any sort of Anchorman reunion is a good thing.

Comment by Lee Harvey – March 25, 2011 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not thrilled about Will Ferrell. I hate that Michael’s leaving. It won’t be the same.

Comment by Amanda – March 25, 2011 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved the proposal! Really sweet and just funny enough. I’m bummed about Steve Carell leaving but excited about the Will Farrell appearances. I don’t know if he should be a permanent thing until I see him. As long as the writers know how to write for him it should be great!

Comment by Carrie – March 25, 2011 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still sad to see steve go. Not at all thrilled to see Will,but, at least it’s just a cameo.

Comment by d – March 25, 2011 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i loved the proposal so much, it made me cry. cant wait to see what will brings.

Comment by carmen – March 25, 2011 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was very touching. He forgot to mention where he told her that he loved her tho. It was still a wonderful proposal.
    The sprinklers were the perfect touch. It was funny and cute.
    I will miss both Holly and Michael ALOT. They were both wonderful characters.
    I can’t picture the show without Michael but will give Will Ferrell a fair chance. He works hard on everything he does and I’m sure will provide plenty of laughs.

Comment by Varya McCaslin-Doyle – March 25, 2011 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not super thrilled about Will Ferrel taking over. I like him, but I think someone like Luke Wilson would have made more sense. Will Ferrel is to overbearing sometimes. Luke wilson has more of the subtle type comedy style, like Steve does.
    I’m hoping it turns out ok though, I really love this show!

Comment by Stephanie – March 25, 2011 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ya, I agree! Luke Wilson would be perfect!

Comment by Amanda – March 25, 2011 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not a fan of Farrell at all. Steve was/is amazing. Would love to see Ricky Gervais in the roll as the new boss. If Farrell continues past 4 episodes… alas, good bye “the office”.. You have lost a fan.

Comment by Tricia – March 25, 2011 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The proposal was cute but the rest of the episode was bland & boring.
    Seeing Jim wheel out grown potted plants to mess with Dwight was cute!
    I am not a fan of will Ferrell, so it will be interesting to see how these next 4 episodes play out. Adiós “worlds best boss”!!

Comment by Hmmm – March 25, 2011 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s reall sad that Michael is leaving. And it will be interesting to see how well Will Ferrell does on The Office. I’m really curious how the other employees act towards Will !!!!

Comment by Meg – March 25, 2011 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why doesnt Jim become the boss i mean he was the co manager before so why doesnt Jim do it

Comment by Its me – March 25, 2011 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think will farell could be good. The office doesn’t really seem like his type of over the top comedy, but it could be really good. Lets just hope that there are some scenes with todd packer!

Comment by patrick – March 25, 2011 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Except for the sprinklers that proposal was done on Friends years ago, and BTW Will Ferrel sucks!!! 4 episodes of his crap might just kill it for sure.

Comment by bob wall – March 25, 2011 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The proposal on “Friends” was totally different. Monica proposed to Chandler in their apartment w/ candles. Big deal. Michael got advice from his staff, he took Holly around to all the places that were important to their relationship, had all of the guys ask her to marry them, then the candles triggered the sprinkler system and he proposed in his Yoda voice. No comparison there.

Comment by Carrie – March 25, 2011 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Are you kidding? You don’t think Michael Scott thought the Friends proposal was awesome and wanted to re-create it for his proposal to Holly? I do. Hilarious homage, writers, and totally in keeping with Michael’s level of creativity and notion of romanticism!

Comment by The Ween – March 27, 2011 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved the proposal and garage sale!! The writers of this show do touching scenes very well, along with everything else. Well done! I for one am kind of looking forward to seeing how Will Farrell does. He’s a funny man, sometimes overly so, but I think he’ll do well.

Comment by Ryan – March 25, 2011 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This proposal was lifted from Friends, and Will Ferrell is going to blow it for everyone.

Comment by bob wall – March 25, 2011 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I couldn’t agree more. I HOPE we’re wrong though.

Comment by Kate – March 25, 2011 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Michael will be dearly missed, but I wish people would post Dwangela spoilers if there’s a reunion in the horizon for them….

Comment by Tami – March 25, 2011 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate the idea of Michael being replaced because he simply can’t be. I’m so upset by this, but I’d probably be more upset if the Office ended completely.

Comment by Kate – March 25, 2011 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Give will a chance. Haven’t you ever seen any of his movies?? His roles are just as silly as Michael Scott. If anyone can play the part it’s Will Ferrel or Will Arnett. None of you are fans of the comic scene outside of the office I presume.

Comment by Vince – March 25, 2011 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s precisely because we’ve seen his movies that we dislike himfor The Office. I mean,come on,seriously, who doesnt know who he is. And justbecause he ‘acts crazy’ doesn’tmean that he works for the show. It’s the same reason Dwight should never be boss on the show. The Michael Scott character is over the top and that’s whjy we love him, but there are moments when he knows to behave and tone it down. Dwight can’t do that. And nothing Will Ferrell has done shows that he would do that either.

Comment by ferrel is a bore – March 25, 2011 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will is amazing. Anyone who doesn’t like him has no clue what they are talking about. Get the SNL best of Will Farrell DVD’s of which there are 2 volumes unlike any other cast member. They are amazing and nobody can keep a straight face around him. Honestly, I’ve known a couple people who didn’t like Will and those were a couple of the most bitter, sour, pissy people I’ve ever known. Don’t be like them. Love Will Farrell. You are NOT allowed to have your own opinion on this subject!

Comment by Matt Bostian – March 25, 2011 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Will Farrell is so annoyingly over the top. And SNL stopped being even remotely funny a long time ago. Those people that you consider bitter, sour, and pissy were probably only that way around you because they were annoyed with your horrible sense of humor.

Comment by Anne – March 26, 2011 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved last night’s episode. The proposal was adorable and funny. I’m looking forward to Will Ferrell on the show. I think he’ll be hilarious.

Comment by Carrie – March 25, 2011 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OH COME ON!! how much more of a mind-f@#k can you be, NBC?! 4 EPISODES?! that isn’t what the commercial said, it said “meet Michael’s replacement”. Now we won’t even know until next season! They are really dragging this out… There are really only two people who could pull off replacing Steve Carrell altogether, if Will isn’t permanent, then its going to be Ricky Gervais to keep the original boss, the original Michael. Remember in his cameo 3 or 4 episodes back, how he and Michael so conveniently got along famously & he just so happened to ask if Dunder-Mifflin had any job openings? And Michael said he would “keep him posted” as they exchanged business cards? That wasn’t just a cameo for nothing… think about it!

Comment by meg – March 25, 2011 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That actually would make sense and connect dots easily if the guy from the UK Office took over… but that guy’s acting is quite annoying and not in a comedy kind of way… I couldnt stand the UK Office.

Comment by Xtaban – March 25, 2011 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I was never into the original Office, either. However this wouldn’t be the original office, it would be Ricky Gervais coming into the new Office.. the Dwight, the Jim & Pam, the Erin. I think it would be pretty interesting. I think Gervais is comedically very funny. And if they wanted to keep it cohesive, it would be the right move.

Comment by meg – March 25, 2011 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will have to disagree with half of you peeps. Will Farell is an excellent actor as much as Steve Carell is. Sure it’s a sad part that Steve is leaving the show but the show IS called “The Office”. It’s not only about Michael Scott but it also involves with Dwight’s obsession with becoming regional Manager, Pam and Jim’s romance that keeps on going and all other characters that are still on the show. Wiull Farell does have the same funny personality that steve does as michael. So i must say that the 4 episodes that Farell will be in wont be as bad as it is as michael Leaving. Kudos to Steve as Michael Scott! He really did an Excellent job.

Comment by M.R. – March 25, 2011 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will Ferrel has his movie moments but his humor can get pretty annoying and makes him seem like a try-hard sometimes. Only person who can pull off over-the-top “try hard” comedy is Jim Carrey. But he wouldnt exactly fit The Office’s style (although it would prolly still be hilarious).

Comment by Xtaban – March 25, 2011 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is definitely one of the most memorable episodes. I didn’t care much about the garage sale though. I wish the whole episode was about planning out the proposal. Anyways, what about Ricky Gervais, the original The Office boss??? A funny Brit with an accent :)

Comment by Joanne – March 25, 2011 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m disappointed that Will Ferrell will only be there for 4 episodes. I was thrilled to see him taking over.

Comment by sissyg – March 25, 2011 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will who?

Comment by Greg W – March 25, 2011 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great proposal people let’s be real here. Farrel as a replacement? Nahhhh he’s good but it’ll take more than him to fill steves shoes.

Comment by keith – March 25, 2011 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Todd Packer!!!

Comment by J_man86 – March 25, 2011 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If these guys can have the same kind of chemistry as they did in Anchorman, this has the potential to be pretty funny. I agree that Will shouldn’t replace Steve in the long run, but no one ever said he would; it’s a four-episode run. So chill out and laugh it up.

Comment by OfficeFan – March 25, 2011 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This episdode gave me some hope. I felt that the comedy was much better and the proposal was romantic and goofy at the same time.
    Regarding Will Ferrell, if these guys can have the same kind of chemistry as they did in Anchorman, this has the potential to be pretty funny. I agree that Will shouldn’t replace Steve in the long run, but no one ever said he would; it’s a four-episode run. So chill out and laugh it up.

Comment by OfficeFan – March 25, 2011 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i would love to see John Michael Higgins take a crack at being boss. I love his comedy and i can see his character almost in the same manner of Michael Scott, Trying to hard to fit in (be Loved). In addition his musical attribute would be a plus, i would love to see him Jam with Andy, Dwight, Darryl, and Kevin that would be awesome!

Comment by Rawdawg – March 25, 2011 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know some people don’t like that Will is going to replace Micheal for awhile..but think about this… when has Will Ferrel ever not done a good job in a comedy? theres a reason why Will is still being offered jobs..because he’s that damn good. And I think he’s going to hit this out the park…
    p.s loved the last episode.

Comment by Todd – March 25, 2011 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What’s wrong with a little romance? I thought the proposal was perfect. The show is a comedy but it also has been about everyone’s lives on the show. Good or bad happy or sad thats life. With the way the world is now watching something that makes you feel good is a good thing. Will will be o.k. for 4 times but not Ricky G.He is not the type of person to replace Steve. Too Stuffy and kinda of creepy.

Comment by sue – March 25, 2011 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think david brent is asking for too much. His cameo preluded him replacing michael. “Where do you work?” “Dunder mifflin.” “Any jobs going there?” “No not at the moment.” “Ok well let me know if anything opens up.”

I’m sure he’ll be the replacement…but personally, I don’t think he’s all that hilarious, and hope he fits with the show since british humor is very different. But at least he’s, basically michael scott. I hope the show stays strong. Michael will be greatly missed. Holly, ehhh.

Comment by eray – March 25, 2011 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes eray, exactly! The moment I saw that cameo, I knew. We shouldn’t worry. The writers are great. They’ll morph him into something that works for Scranton.

Comment by Kelly – March 27, 2011 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post