Nikita Boss 'Feeling Good' About Renewal Chances, Teases Possible Second Season

The fate of The CW’s Nikita is still up in the air (and up for grabs in TVLine’s “Renew Our Show” tournament), but showrunner Craig Silverstein tells me he’s not worried. In fact, the Nikita boss says he’s only thinking “good thoughts. I am feeling good about [a renewal]…  Although we’re not officially picked up for a second season, we have the plans for it and we know what it will look like.”

Up first: The season 1 finale, which Silverstein says “is going to shake things up [outside of Division]. You will see a broader, on-the-road type of thing emerge, and it will carry into Season 2.”

And if the worse case scenario happens and this is it for Nikita? Silverstein says the episode also serves as a “satisfying finale,” adding, “Questions will be answered, but new ones are asked. There is some resolution, but things are not tied up. Everything shifts at the end.”

Are you feeling as optimistic about Nikita‘s future as Silverstein is? Sound off below!

Comments (82)

• PLEASEEEEEE!!!!PLEASEEEEEEE do come up with season 2 for this series..i love this show much! it’s one of those few series i watch along with GLEE, THE VAMPIRE DIARIES, PRETTY LITTLE LIARS & SUPERNATURAL!!!

i would definitely be upset if there won’t be a season 2 :(((( so pleassseeee pleassseeeee start shootin’ for it now :)

MAGGIEQ is ♥
    NIKITA is ♥

Comment by abhee – May 11, 2011 11:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope there’s a second season I really like the show and the ending of season one left me with SO many question. I love the entire cast from the Good guy Nikita to Percy. I just wanna know where Alex heart truly lies and if Amanda is really good or evil

Comment by Nick – May 13, 2011 02:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maggie Q is not disgusting! she has good acting reviews as the agent who had gone rogue on Nikita! this show deserves a second season!! good storyline and characters!!!

Comment by rollysanovau – May 14, 2011 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita is absolutely amazing, please renew it for another season!! We love Maggie Q and the rest of the cast!! Brilliant acting and an intense storyline that has me hooked. :D

Comment by JOW BROW – May 15, 2011 05:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved the original show Nikita and I appreciate where this different version of nikita pick up from the middle of the original show Nikita when she went rogue and micheal would always go after her and Finally Micheal and Nikita go together. At the end of the show their where so many twist and plots .. I truly love it I am such a fan and I would love for this show to continue for the next couple of years excellent story line and plot and the actor who plays micheal is so sexxy and Maggie Q is gorgeous. You have a fan for life keep entertaining us with a great cast, story line and plot. Love it

Comment by L.Hunter – May 16, 2011 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Support Nikita Season 2 here:
    Say Yes to Nikita Season 2

Comment by FTA – May 17, 2011 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to say it took me a long time to actually watch this show. And once i did i really enjoyed it, so i hope it does keep going. The advertisements for it in Australia are shockingly bad, I think if the advertising was a bit more then “hot lady killing things” it would do a lot better here.

Comment by Dylan – June 3, 2011 11:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i am looking forward to season 2 so badly! when my friend first told me to watch, i watched 8 episodes in one day! i love Nikita! its one of the best shows i have seen :)

Comment by michelle – June 12, 2011 10:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s my favorite show and please stop posting nuisance comments!

Comment by febu – June 15, 2011 09:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i will do love more if nikita and ryan will be more together and it would fantastic if they going to be in relationship!!!

Comment by febu – June 15, 2011 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t care what anybody furking say about what i know is that nikita is t’llentend she has a gilf

Comment by Prince kenny – July 3, 2011 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am getting addicted to Nikita and of course maggie Q..she was so hot in naked weapon movie

Comment by melvin – August 18, 2011 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post