Nikita Boss 'Feeling Good' About Renewal Chances, Teases Possible Second Season

The fate of The CW’s Nikita is still up in the air (and up for grabs in TVLine’s “Renew Our Show” tournament), but showrunner Craig Silverstein tells me he’s not worried. In fact, the Nikita boss says he’s only thinking “good thoughts. I am feeling good about [a renewal]…  Although we’re not officially picked up for a second season, we have the plans for it and we know what it will look like.”

Up first: The season 1 finale, which Silverstein says “is going to shake things up [outside of Division]. You will see a broader, on-the-road type of thing emerge, and it will carry into Season 2.”

And if the worse case scenario happens and this is it for Nikita? Silverstein says the episode also serves as a “satisfying finale,” adding, “Questions will be answered, but new ones are asked. There is some resolution, but things are not tied up. Everything shifts at the end.”

Are you feeling as optimistic about Nikita‘s future as Silverstein is? Sound off below!

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Burning Questions, Finales, Interviews, News, Premieres, Renewals

1. Dillan says:

I really hope it’s renewed. Nikita is my favourite new series in years.

• lorna says:

i hope not, maggie q is disgusting. i like shane west. life unexpected was way better.

• sela says:

if she’s disgusting, then i dont know what YOU are.

• Frank says:

haha – If I give you my email address will you plz send me a pic of you…then I’ll show you disgusting ; )

• Garten says:

You sound racist.

• juiceseph says:

The fact that you said Life Unexpected was better makes your comment invalid. And Maggie Q is beautiful. I don’t know what the hell you’re talking about.

• Colin says:

You’re disgusting, Maggie Q is beautiful and Nikita is one amazing show.

• Monalisa says:

I have to question your eye site and mental abilities. Frankly, to say that about Maggie Q… She is beautiful and alluring. Life Unexpected was good but it does not compare to Nikita. Obviously, a difference in taste. Nikita is an intelligent thinking person’s show. It is not just about action/fighting but also about creating interesting characters– a world with its own violent culture and moral code. This is the most interesting show on the CW. It is a nice break from teenage angst.

• shongaerrsify says:

The character Nikita is a total bitch.. An awesome bitch.. :D And Maggie Q made the character bitchier and more awesome..

• Jeffrey says:

if u dnt hav anyfin gud to say, dont say sh*t! plus no matter hw disgustin u fink maggie q is, i bet ure worse AND she’s still makin more moni dan u so suck on DATT!!

• Ryan Shaw-Harrison says:

lorna, I hope you reply to this comment… I just don’t understand what you meant by “maggie q is disgusting”, if you had said Nikita (the show) is disgusting I would have understood – you may not like the violence or the characters or whatever but to say Maggie Q is disgusting just makes no contextual sense, could you clarify what you meant?

Maybe this comment seems a bit weird, I dunno – I just would like to understand your thought process when you wrote your comment…

Also, Maggie Q rocks and so does Nikita, season 2 FTW (renew it pleaaaaaaaaasssssssseeeeee!!!!!, way too many of the show that interest me get cancelled :( )

• Norfy says:

Who da hell are you to say she is disgusting.

• FTA says:

I’m sorry, what? what do you mean by disgusting? she’s gorgeous, I bet you’re just jealous of her, lol

• Yacine says:

you are SO GAY !!!!

• Lrs says:

Nikita is the best new drama this year and is a great show. The network needs to quit messing with the schedule, this only hurts a show. So please don’t cancelled, but renew for season 2.

• zaffre says:

Life unexpected is what it is, comparing it to Nikita, is like comparing it to an apricot and a badger. One dosen’t let go and the other is an apricot.
      As regards the disgusting comment, I can only guess that this person hates beautiful women.
      Nitita is a fantastic series. I thought, at first, that I would not like it. It is so well thought out and keeps the surprises comming…, Intelligent viewing!
      I really hope there is a second series.

2. Sammy says:

I really hope that Nikita gets picked upp – its an amazing show and I can’t wait see see more of it!

3. Tany says:

Nikita is the best! We need a 2nd season!!

4. Lu says:

Wow… what can I say? Nikita’s amazing and needs to be back for season 2 with full 22 episodes! If CW doesn’t pick it up then I hope another network sees the quality of this show, picks it up and goes full throttle. Critics have nothing but praise for Nikita!

5. Denise says:

I hope its renewed but realistically I think it will get 1/2 season and then they will see how it does.

6. ed says:

this show doesnt do that well in the ratings.. but it repeats pretty well and im sure dvr numbers are high too….. itll be renewed.

• reezin14 says:

I will second this motion,often I’m at work doing OT and run it to the DVR to watch later.Nikita is a excellent show and hope it finds enough support to enable it to at the very least have a season 2.

7. Jen says:

I really hope Nikita gets picked up. This season has been incredible so far and it’s one of the best new CW shows! I look forward to the rest of the season :). Thanks for the article Meg!

8. John Berggren says:

Now that I have my FRINGE, I hope all the Nikita fans can have their show.

9. Tiffany Staebler says:

NEEDS TO BE RENEWED this and Smallville are the only shows that are worth watching on th CW

10. Nina says:

If Nikita doesn’t get renewed I will kill the CW.

11. Jo says:

Currently it’s the only show I really looked forward to watching. I’m going to be very sad if we don’t get a second season. It’s the best show to come out in years.

12. lolo says:

nikita , tvd and supernatural are the only shows worth watching on cw and i’m gonna be very angry if any of them gets cancelled …

13. Dee says:

Nikita gives the CW some real legitimacy, as a network that isn’t just all about spoiled teenager drama. Keep it around CW!

14. Adam D. Hall says:

CW’s “Nikita” isn’t the only series that’s hoping for a renewal. The same goes for ABC’s “Desperate Housewives”.

• Brett says:

What? Random comment award goes to…

All the stars of DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES have said they will continue until the writers decide to wrap the show as a whole, which likely means two seasons. It’s a sure bet to return – all they are discussing is wages.

15. Sabrina Shaw says:

If the CW doesn’t renew Nikita it will be one of the biggest mistakes in Television. This shows compares with the BEST of network TV right and in some instances it is even better. Nikita MUST be renewed for a full 24 episode second season and many, many seasons thereafter. Do not let us down CW!!

16. Jocelyn says:

Please, please, please renew Nikita for a second season. I swear to god that this is the best show on TV! If it isn’t picked up for a second season that will be the worst mistake the CW can make!! NIKITA ALL THE WAY!! <3

17. martin bryant says:

we need more Nikita Season 2 all the way!!!!!!

18. sylvie says:

oh my god. i’m not even entertaining the THOUGHT of not getting a second season.

Silverstein and company, please make it happen, PLEASE!!!

19. Fiona says:

Still waiting for the rest of series 1 to be aired . One of the best progrAmmes ever! Should definitely have a second season!

20. David says:

Nikita has so much potential, I mean come on Amanda is supposed to get more story this season, major plus, and you just know there is plenty to explore in how Percy got to where he is. And I’d love to see more of a back story on Jaden.

Nikita is different from a lot of the CW’s other shows and they have to realize they are pulling in an audience that doesn’t normally watch their programming and that has to be a good thing. RENEW PLEASE!

21. Val says:

Would love to see this continue. Luv the edginess of the show and the tension. But if and when it must end PLEASE end it better than the old series. That was a fabulous series, but the stories just got weirder and weirder and the ending just seemed stupid, as though no-one knew how to end it.

22. Beth says:

Really hope there is a Nikita 2nd season with this being the final season for Smallville. Looking forward to the 1st season coming out on DVD.

23. Stacy says:

Hoping for renewal, when the show is dark, it’s very good. They just need to stop some of the love stories which are bringing the show down.

• Erika says:

I agree. As much as I LOVE Mikita, I don’t want them together. Not yet, anyway (But I wouldn’t mind some sexy time). I like that the show is heavy on action, and I love how dark it can be. The romantic relationships are more subplots. But, that doesn’t mean I want them to disappear completely. I really don’t want the show to become mainly focused on romance though.
      Anyway, I haven’t been this excited about a show in a long time. I’m hoping to see more of Owen and Birkhoff, as well as more flashbacks of Nikita’s time in Division.
      If Nikita doesn’t get a second season, I will be reduced to an inconsolable puddle of tears.

24. Rhiannon says:

please please please let there be a season 2 of Nikita!!!
    it’s the best show ever.

25. Sylvia says:

Nikita HAS to have a Season 2!! There’s just so much going on and it’s very exciting! NIKITA ROX!!! PLEEEASE be renewed!! CW will lose a lot of fans if Nikita gets kicked off…

26. Tee says:

I love this show, it has all the elements I like, it’s over the top and soooo entertaining. If CW doesn’t renew, another network should pick it up and run with it. It’s a winner.

27. Bria says:

I feel that Nikita should be continued for another season because it has become one of my favorite shows of the CW. Cancelling the show before it has even began to get a chance to really soar would be a gigantic mistake in my mind because it has a lot of potiential to beome a great show and there has never been anything like it on the CW before so I would appreciate it if it didn’t have to end just yet.

28. Grace says:

Yes please, I’m LOVING Nikita, renew renew renew!

29. Natalie says:

This show needs to be renewed! Out of all the shows I watch (Gossip Girl, Glee, Grey’s Anatomy, 90210, Vampire Diaries, How I Met Your Mother).. this is the one I look forward to every week.

30. lily ann says:

hope it get’s a renew, it would be a shame if we don’t get to watch this incredible show anymore i just love it! maggie and lyndsy makes it so intense and you just want to watch more and more i love them xD

31. tracy says:

REEEEEENNNNNNEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW. I will never watch the cw again if its not. the only good in ages!!! check that- FRIGGIN AWESOME show in ages:):)

32. Kim says:

Definitely the best show to come out of the CW that doesn’t cater exclusively to the tween crowd the CW has long been associated with. “Nikita” is never going to get the ratings a lot of major network shows get but that’s because the CW is a teeny-tiny network. IMO, the show needs to be picked up by a bigger network. The writing is fantastic, the story lines are great, unexpected twists, and Nikita (Maggie Q) is awesome. By far, it’s my favorite show right now and I’ll be super-pissed if they drop it. If the execs go crazy and cancel it, hopefully another network will pick it up; cancelled does not mean gone. The last cancelled CW show that was revived on a different network was “The Game”. Fans pulled together and got it picked up by BET and now it’s one of their top-rated shows. If “Nikita” is dropped, hopefully a network like FX, USA or something will pick it up…

33. elizabeth maldonado says:

best show ever..all i gotta say

34. Dave says:

The Greatest Mistake in current television is the networks inability to think longer than an season or episode into the future.

You guys are thinking way too short term.

Nikita has the potential to be a classic series for years to come and make a ton of money over seas in syndication. Just think of the Far East where Maggie Q is a huge star. They would love to get their hands on a five or six season Maggie Q action series.

So my advice to the network executives is don’t think short term and quality always wins in the end.

Don’t be silly and renew Nikita.

All the best, Dave in the Middle East

35. ashley says:

it needs to be renewed!!!! am so addicted to this…!

36. F-dash says:

I LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. Nikita!!!!! I love Maggie Q and Shane West! I really really hope there is a second and third and fourth and fifth season! Best show to date! And great story line! All the characters do such a great job!

37. Ee says:

Pls renew this season! Here’s a request all the way from Singapore! :)

38. Austin says:

I wish Nikita gets renewed too, but what if it moved to like A&E or FX. Get some TV-MA for Maggie Q ;)

39. Zig says:

Nikita has to stay… it has the potential to be better than Alias – which was a great show.

If they cancel Nikita then we all might as well forget in the idea of TV being entertaining and just resign ourselves to “left my brain in bed” TV junk food, devoid of substance or innovation!

40. TVH says:

NIKITAA = AWESOMENESS!! I love thissss showww sooo much!!!! there is sooo much going on and the romance is not too heavy with a sprinkle here and there which makes the show great! it is action packed and there are just soooo many twists and turns! SEASON 2222 alll the way and more more more SEASONS!!!

41. Ashley says:

Nikita is an amazing show! I definitely agree with everyone’s opinions about renewing Nikita for season 2, 3, 4, and so on! This dark,unique, action packed series is one of the best shows I’ve ever seen!! Also, I’m not trying to be racist or anythiing, but its pretty awesome that they cast Maggie Q for the role of Nikita. There are rarely any Asians who get to star in CW shows! Go ethnic diversity! Of course, Maggie Q is also really pretty and a great actress and the rest of the cast is amazzing too! Dropping Nikita would be a huge mistake for the CW and would disappoint so many fans! NIKITA FOR THE WIN!!

42. deus says:

Truth, Nikita is worth my time n it’s cleverly acted thx to the cast n cw for picking it up.

43. Ricky says:

I would be devastated if they did not renew Nikita!! Its pulled me in like no show has in a very long time. & i was never even a fan of the CW other then ANTM..plus we still have not got to see a Nikita-Amanda fight =] Fingers crossed for a second season and many more !!!

44. Jeffrey says:

WOW I can not believe how good the 2nd last episode was it throw me for a loop if we don’t see it for another season then the CW is stupid cuz they have a hell of a good show that is different then any other show the CW produces. Usually they produce similar shows that can’t find there own you have 90210, One Tree Hill and Gossip Girl so was Life Unexpected really necessary because people like to watch a diverse lineup of shows. I agree with above if renewed for a second season make a Nikita-Amanda fight and send Amanda on missions cuz she can be Nikita’s match in the field. This is one of the best spy shows that draws you in since Alias finished and keep it on Thursdays so the loyal viewers know wat day to watch

45. kroy511 says:

the best part about nikita is alex not nikita

• NikitaViewerUK says:

I second that :-)
      Can’t argue that this series has one of the best looking casts at the moment. It’s good to see a paradigm shift lined up for the second season – as there’s enough formulaic stuff on the networks.
      Fingers crossed, CW will let the writers flex their abilities.
      and thank goodness it’s not Fox making the decision on renewal.

46. delehe says:

I really hope this series is picked up, it has really been enjoyable to watch and purchase from iTunes for re-watch!!! Somebody really needs to pick up this show, there are so few good ones on these days.

47. LFN says:

Dont renew it. The show has bad ratings and their can only be one Nikita

48. malin says:

honestly, i have never watched CW shows until i saw Nikita by mistake (don’t ask ahha) it drew me in sooo quickly, i watched all the episodes before it to catch up and i always had something to look forward to every week! If you take Nikita away, I just don’t know what i would do!
    Please Renew! :D

49. Jheannele says:

I honestly only watched tv on Thursday for The Vampire Diaries and if I couldnt watch it I would record it. Well one day I had to record it and when I played it back, it had recorded like the first three minutes of Nikita and I was hooked just by watching the part that said “previously on.” I went back and watched all the previous shows and now I watch both shows on thursdays. I even record both if I cant watch it live. Please dont cancel Nikita. I absolutely love the show and honestly, Thursday is the only day that I actually watch the CW network, lets not cut it down anymore. Please renew Nikita. Thank you.

50. amber says:

I think it will get renewed.